Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)

Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven #4)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  41,535 ratings  ·  2,248 reviews
...Aku mempunyai informasi tentang dua artefak yang tak kaumiliki...

Aku takkan menyertakan perincian spesifiknya dalam jurnal ini...detail lebih lanjut terkait tempat penyimpanan dua artefak itu akan kusembunyikan di ruang rahasia di ujung Aula Kengerian. Kuaklah informasi itu hanya apabila menurutmu benar-benar perlu.

Situasi semakin kritis dan mencekam. Dunia di ambang ke...more
Paperback
Published January 2012 by Mizan Fantasi (first published 2009)

Garrett
I had a hard time putting this book down. I read all 527 pages in about 8 hours. I forced myself to go to bed even though I was not done with the book, but I was getting really tired and couldn't keep my eyes open.

OK, so let's break it down:

Characters: There were a couple new characters and surprises on existing ones. I am totally liking Seth now that he is not quite so annoying and "stupid" (in that little brother way). And I loved it when Seth was taunting the poison dragon. Too funny! Brandon...more
Eris
Heather
I just finished reading my PERSONALLY SIGNED COPY of the book last night. Being that it was personally signed by the author means my book was more exciting than just a regular book. Okay, maybe not. But it was plenty exciting on its own. Holy keep me up until 4 in the morning, Batman.

There are some hilarious parts, some tense parts, some sweet parts, some action parts and then some 'he totally snookered me' parts. I knew, I just knew someone was going to betray them but I picked the wrong person...more
Trent
Oh, my. Oh, my. I think I am too into the story. I pride myself in being able to outguess authors. Somehow, I forgot to even try as I read this book. How in the world can an author stay so original for so many pages in a row? This series certainly has the capacity to overtake Harry Potter on the "Freak, that was awesome!" scale. We'll see if Mull pulls it off in the last book.
Maxy
Rebecca
Seth
if i weren't such a sucker for juvenile fantasy this book would get maybe 1 star. it's so much fun though. the writing is more similar to a college research paper (awkward, technical, and far from poetic). The story is really interesting if you like magic and fantasy. Don't expect ANY insights into human nature. Don't expect any of the characters to be remotely human or familiar. Don't expect any substance whatsoever and you might have a great time. Fablehaven is like playing video games...its f...more
Barbara
colleen the contrarian  ± (... never stop fighting) ±
2.5

I really liked the first book of this series, and had high hopes for it. I even recommended it to people - people who have gone on to enjoy the series, as a whole, more than I seem to be doing.

But, for me, every book has gotten progressively less interesting, and I'm glad that it's only a 5 book series because I don't think I'd stick around if there were more than just the one book left.

Not that it's all bad. Seth is maturing and his developing powers are interesting, especially the way that...more
Luann
Janey
These books have been so fun to read. I don't know why people insist on comparing Fablehaven to Harry Potter. They are both different enough.

In 'Secrets of the Dragan Sanctuary' I thoroughly enjoyed Seth's personality. In the first book he bothered me because he messed everything up, but this one he's actually growing into quite the hero. He truly provides the comic relief; sometimes I catch myself chuckling out loud.
Chantele Sedgwick
This book was awesome! It was so suspenseful from the very beginning! I loved all of the twists and turns the author put in, even though a few of them made me SO MAD!!! Seriously? How the heck am I supposed to wait a whole year to find out what happens next? I am so excited to read the 5th one! I am sad it will be the last one though. Such a great series! I don't want it to end!
Leigh Dethman
Brandon makes every character come to life, from mischievous satyrs, ambitious kids and imposing dragons. I breezed through all four books in this series in two weeks. I couldn't put them down. Book 4 releases on March 24. If you live anywhere near, make sure to come to the launch party that night. For details, check fablehaven.com for more information.
Angie
Wow! I loved this book! Brandon Mull's writing was, as always, superb. The plot was well done and completely surprising; great for discussions or book groups. This may be a children's book, but it is written so that it is enjoyable for any age. I am already looking forward to the next book in the series!
Amy
Wow - what an unexpected ending! This was by far my favorite one so far of the series. I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Sivonne
i am truly enjoying this series, and think this is the best yet.
Bookworm123
the ending is amazing
Jamie
Shawna
Ok....so my husband and I have been reading these books to each other as a way for us to spend some time together. I cannot begin tell you how much fun it has been. We have laughed together,Held our breath,Been in the most wonderful of places together all along through this Fablehaven series!!! We are both Yes...Older but I think we have enjoyed them more then our kids have. :o) I was VERY sad to hear that there is only one more book in this series and then it will be all be over HOW SAD IS THA...more
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Joan Stradling for TeensReadToo.com

Two hidden artifacts have been recovered and the Society of the Evening Star isn't about to stop until they get their hands on all five. In order to recover one of the remaining three artifacts, the Knights of the Dawn must obtain a sacred object guarded by the uncooperative centaurs.

If the centaurs weren't bad enough, they have to take the sacred object and face certain death when they travel to Wyrmroost, the dragon sanctuary.

With his new abilitie...more
Sreeparna
What can I say?I already said that the previous one was amazing.For this one I could only say beyond amazing.I started the series for casual reading.Never did I think it would be this good.But the series is becoming better with every book.

The plot of the story was excellent.We saw so many different kind of magical creatures in these books but the dragons were the scarce of them all.Well have no fear because the dragons are here!A whole preserve full of dragons.They are deadly,they are cunning,th...more
Jenifer
Wow. This series has some fans! You have to search pretty far down the Goodreads reviews to find less than a four star review for this book. That's okay. It's fine. There's nothing wrong with books that are just "to read". Any series that can keep people interested and reading gets five stars from me.

I myself gave the first two books in this series four stars. I think my main problem with series' is that it usually becomes pretty much the same thing over and over again. That's how I felt about t...more
skokiesam
Every time I think I like the current Fablehaven book I'm reading the most, I get to the next one and LOVE it even more than the last. When I was reading number 3, I thought that there's no way that Mull could outdo himself. Then I get to book 4 and almost wept because it was so much fun. I'm actually kind of upset that I've finished this book, because it means that I'm on the last one, and it's the kind of adventure I wish wouldn't end. I never really paid attention to this series before, mainl...more
Rebecca
I need to check and see what I said about the other books but it seems to me that with each of Brandon Mull's books, I say that the book I just finished reading is my favorite one yet and thats exactly how I felt after finishing this book too! I thought about what might happen in the next chapter when I set it down, laughed out loud when Seth yet again said something hilarious ("one million AWESOME points" will be a new phrase in my family) and when the big surprises came at the end- I was happy...more
Deanna
Seth
Blanches Jeanne
Secret of the Dragon Sanctuary
ow finally there's a dragon here. for me, every fantasy story should has at least 1 dragon!

a little *spoiler alert*

reaksi setelah baca:

1. jadi..jadii..gavin ternyataaa.. (padahal udah mulai suka Gavin) ho3.tapi berarti rencana menendang Gavin berhasil.ha3

2. jadi..jadii..nanti Kendra sama Warren?

arhhh, stop it! this is not Twilight!

3.Makin cinta sama Seth *peluk Seth*

4. Mendigo.. NOOOO..=(( hiks.hiks

5. mana buku lima?! cepattt keluarr!

description

lebayy..baru juga january keluar...more
Russ
Another fun and exciting installment from Brandon Mull, with high adventure and plot twists that make you say, "huh?"

I found this book to be very much in line with the others and a salve for my longing for a new Harry Potter book. Seth and Kendra are still very enjoyable characters, with Seth still doing stupid things that somehow turn out to be the only thing that could have been done. I was pretty happy that Seth has his own abilities to rival Kendra.

I must say, though, I was a little annoyed...more
I really enjoyed this latest installment in the Fablehaven series. It continues to be a book enjoyed by both parent and child. It's great for family discussions! In this book, the main characters of Kendra and Seth continue to develop, and we meet some new lovable characters. This book is the most haunting and bittersweet out of all the books. The twist towards the end of the book REALLY took me by surprise!!

I can't wait for the last Fablehaven book to come out next year! (I hope it's next year...more
Andralynn
These books are getting progressively better, which is nice to see. Kendra isn't quite as chicken liver as she was in the beginning, and I am actually starting to agree with Seth's decisions, so he's not quite as infuriating as he was to begin with.

There was also quite a big twist that I didn't see coming, though I have to admit that I kind of wanted it to persist a bit more. The betrayal was dealt with a little quickly, and I wanted there to be more repercussions from that. All in all, though,...more
Gavin being the demon prince-who saw it coming? 42 116 Dec 22, 2013 04:47PM
I didn't even Know!!! 8 82 Oct 28, 2013 08:52PM
Is there a pattern throughout the series that the main characters never learn? 4 23 Jun 04, 2013 04:52PM
Fablehaven 5 3 49 Oct 08, 2009 08:53PM
  • Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra (Leven Thumps, #4)
  • Land Keep (Farworld, #2)
  • The Horn of Moran (Adventurers Wanted, #2)
  • The Blade of Shattered Hope (The 13th Reality, #3)
  • Feathered Serpent, Part 2 (Tennis Shoes, #4)
  • Diamondback Cave (Wesley Mackey, #3)
  • The Second Siege (The Tapestry, #2)
"Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy...more
More about Brandon Mull...
Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1) Grip of the Shadow Plague (Fablehaven, #3) Keys to the Demon Prison (Fablehaven, #5) Rise of the Evening Star (Fablehaven, #2) A World Without Heroes (Beyonders, #1)

“Choices determine character.” 227 likes