Start by marking “Bound by the Mist” as Want to Read:
Bound by the Mist

Bound by the Mist (Mists Of Eria #1)

A magic that's fading

Relian has lived a life that hasn’t changed in millennia, and he likes it that way. As Prince of the Erian people, he has his conscripted duties. And a human, even one as desirable as Cal, does not fit into them. But as the enemy darkindred knock on the borders and the magic of his people fades, he might just have to find room.

A love that's binding

Coll
ebook
Published January 24th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Bound by the Mist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound by the Mist

Kazy
May 25, 2016 Kazy rated it it was ok
I.WAS.BORED!!!!! That about sums up why I gave this book 2 stars. Cal was so childish and annoying and took everything the wrong way. She was just down right irritating. The only time I cared for Relian was when he was being a soldier (which were basically the only parts I liked, the battles). The romance was boring, even when they finally had sex (which was at freaking 96%) it was nothing to write home about. I will not be continuing this series.
A.R. Von
Mar 08, 2012 A.R. Von rated it it was amazing
I'm now officially a HUGE fan of Lisa Kumar!
This is a well written, love story that brings to light the facts even though two people are from different backgrounds and are different beings; a perfect relationship with true love brought about by the hands of fate is possible.

Cal has had what I'll call a rocky road throughout her life. All she wants is to be normal and live a normal life. It is very hard for her to so when strange things appear in her life and in her dreams. All of that was soon
Leyla
Jan 12, 2014 Leyla rated it liked it
I’ve got several things to point out in this review and it’s going to be a mixture between sour and sweet. With that said, here goes the real deal.
description

Starting off by the cover…This book screamed cheesy. The guy is handsome, but the hair is so obviously not his. It looks cut and pasted on his head. So I couldn’t help laughing at the detail. And don’t get me started on the background so badly photoshoped. Why can’t they get elf ears on him? Is it so hard to get a makeup artist or buy fake ears and
M.
Mar 20, 2012 M. rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed Bound by the Mist. It was a well developed love story were two very different beings overcome obsticles, some of which are rather large to overcome, and forge a love that will last regardless of any bond between them.

I love the fact the love between was not something that just sprung up overnight. The author actually had a more realistic view of the love that grew between them.

Relian is the perfect hero, protective and strong but sensitive and very thoughtful. Cal was shy and
Jill
Jan 31, 2012 Jill rated it liked it
Well I don't really know where to start.... so I will just say I did enjoy this book although it was different from what I normally read and different from what I was expecting.
I am usually into the more wham bam thank you mam type romances. This story of Cal and Relian is a longer more realistic tale of what would happen between two people bound against there will.
Cal is a human who has had dreams and visions her whole life, once which involves seeing Relian. She foolishly tells a friend and t
Lauren Rosolino
Sep 04, 2014 Lauren Rosolino rated it it was amazing
I REALLY, really, really, really loved this book. Lisa Kumar has earned herself another enthusiastic fan!

For me, there are a few characteristics that mark a great writer:
1. Do you think about the story when you're not reading it?
2. Do you think about the story after you're done reading it?
3. Do you want to hang out in that world with those characters even if NOTHING is going on?
4. Can the writer take you there with as few descriptions as possible? As in, is in concise and potent to the point t
Linda
Oct 11, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
Cal Warner had visions of strange beings in a mist that swirled around them but no one else seemed to see them. That was when she was twelve and in one moment of regret she told her friend and it was all over the school that she was crazy! Her parents even moved to another town in Wisconsin, placed her in therapy, and doped her with drugs. To make matters worse, she still had erotic dreams about a boy who now was a man with long flowing black hair!

Prince Relian of Eriannon had dreams of a russet
Ruth Hartman
Apr 20, 2012 Ruth Hartman rated it it was amazing
Bound by the Mist is a love story about two people from different worlds. The Mist decides they must be together, but once together, they find they are perfect for one another, even though at first glance they seem so different. The characters are full and well-defined, drawing you into the story so you feel as if you are right there with them.
Rebecca
Aug 26, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
**I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review. Goodreads.com**
This book was interesting and intriguing to me as a reader, it wasn't a normal faerie (in this case elves) and human love story where they are joined together to fight a common evil it was a deep and emotional connection between an elf and a human who are trying to restore a civilization and bring back magic while at the same time coming to terms with s change in both their lives regarding each other. I was extremel
Sarah Schwartz
Oct 23, 2014 Sarah Schwartz rated it liked it
Its interesting but I feel like the best friend and the other characters really dulled it down a bit they kept getting in the way of relationship development along with the language barrier. I felt like the bond was being used as an excuse to bring the two characters together.The love scene was really short and disappointing considering she made readers wait until the very end it would be a bit more detailed and memorable but alas it was not.There also was not anything unique about Relian I coul ...more
Liliana Diaconescu
Sep 27, 2014 Liliana Diaconescu rated it it was amazing
I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed the book very much-it was a wonderful introduction to Ms Kumar's books and to the fantasy in general (my past dealings into the genre being limited to Stephen Donaldson).

Two people, from very different (if not opposite) worlds are pushed together by the magic of the very same misty veil that originally raised itself to separate these worlds, as it seems that the only cure to the loss of magic is true bound/love, even or
J
Sep 14, 2014 J rated it really liked it
Amazing Fantasy Read!

If you’re looking for a different type of fantasy romance, aside from the usual vampires and werewolves stories, then you’ll love this book!!! Though the story started out a little slow in the beginning, once it picked up the pace, the momentum continued all the way until the end… and it turned out to be an utterly fabulous story, and very well-written! I really enjoyed the side characters too, and I’m really looking forward to reading the next book (Bound to the Elvin King)
Anna (Bobs Her Hair)
3 Stars

The Veil seldom makes an appearance in the Fae world…It binds Cal to Relian, followed by transporting her to Eria, where the magic is dying. The human and Fae worlds are in danger, and the promising love Cal and Relian seem to be a key to restoring balance.

“Bound by the Mist” links two very different people together across realms.

Read full review in the 2014 February issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Dana Hartman
Sep 06, 2014 Dana Hartman rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr, faves, series
I really liked this book. It was a bit slow at first, but that's pretty standard for a first in a series and needing to set up the plot and locale. I immediately loved Maggie. I enjoyed seeing Cal and Relian grow closer, testing things out and letting themselves fall in love. Overall, big fan! Can't wait to see what else this author had coming!
InD'tale Magazine
“Bound by the Mist” links two very different people together across realms.

Read full review in the 2014 February issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Brenda Dyer
Feb 14, 2012 Brenda Dyer rated it it was amazing
Bound By The Mist is a true love story. I fell in love with the characters as they fell in love. The world the author created was unique, and her way with words brought this world to life.

I highly recommend this book. I look forward to reading more from this author.
Casea Major
Feb 14, 2012 Casea Major rated it it was amazing
I love this story. Sweet Cal and Taciturn Relian are great characters with lots of heart and romance. The world is beautifully written in sweeping prose that wisks you away to another world real and vibrant. Beautiful.
Seasar
Seasar rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2014
Trisha
Trisha rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2014
Alassea Telrunya
Alassea Telrunya rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2014
Briana
Briana rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2016
Shasha
Shasha rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2015
Dolce Amore
Dolce Amore rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2012
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2015
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2015
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2012
Shannon Zak
Shannon Zak rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2014
Bozana
Bozana rated it it was amazing
Apr 02, 2014
Crystal
Crystal rated it really liked it
May 23, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a wife, mother, and romance writer who grew up in small-town Indiana. I studied psychology in college and worked off and on in the mental health field over the years. I now reside in the suburbs of Chicago with my husband and our two sons. When not spinning tales of romance and fantasy, I can often be found with my nose buried in a book. I also love going for walks with my youngest son and tak ...more
More about Lisa Kumar...