Start by marking “The Virgin Student” as Want to Read:
The Virgin Student

The Virgin Student

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  9 reviews
"I'm a 21-year-old girl at Oxford University and I've just finished studying for my BA. Now I have one last mission to complete before I leave university - to lose my virginity."

The tale of the Virgin Student became internationally renowned after an anonymous student advertised her virginity on the internet and then blogged her progress.

For nineteen days, her blog attracte
Published January 17th 2012 (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Virgin Student, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Virgin Student

L.K. Jay
This is a curious little find but I'm glad that I did. This is a short story that stems from a blog that appeared a few years ago and keeps that same format which made it an easy and fun read on my Kindle.

The Virgin Student is an anonymous blogger who is in her final few weeks at Oxford University and she is quite determined to lose her virginity before she leaves college. Our heroine goes on a series of dates, meets a variety of oddballs and blogs about her experiences as she finds her way to
I took another short break from my goal to read all discworld novels. A Goodreads review on The Virgin Student had caught my eye by coincidence, so I took a day off from Terry Pratchett to read it.

The Virgin Student originally was a blog, turned quite nicely into an eBook. The blog was started in summer 2005 by an Oxford student who had just done her finals. Being 21 and still a virgin, she decided to go on a quest to lose her virginity before leaving college in three weeks time. The blog quickl
Kate (sleepy kitten)
What a fun book. The new and popular tv series of Sherlock has Dr Watson writing a blog instead of a journal and Face Book and other social media are full of trails and tribulations of the minutae of peoples lives. Writing a blog about losing your virginity is perhaps then another part of the distance, (assumed) anonymonity and yet comfort that cyberspace can bring. It does however remain an emotive topic and as this book demonstrates, people perceive sex and even the act of losing your virginit ...more
Jud (Disney Diva)
As I was reading this story/blog I was reading as if it was real. I had no reason to doubt why it isn't real and still don't. What an interesting journey the Virgin Student has been on, good for her getting out there and meeting new people. No matter what happened in the end she would always come away a little bit more knowledgeable (even if it is just about stick insects!), and indeed it seems she made some real friends out of the whole experience.

(view spoiler)
Louise
This wasn't quite the book I expected it to be when I read the synopsis. I later discovered that it had been made into an ebook from being a blog. I found it confusing at times and couldn't figure out where it was maybe part of the blog or not.
Angel **Book Junkie**
3 Hot and Strange stars

So I could immediately tell that this book was going to be funny and by the third page I have to admit that I was hooked on finding out what happened next. This was originally a blog of a student trying to have sex before leaving school.

I for one found the virgin student pretty shallow and not at all sensitive and I was actually happy when Mr. Real Guy got her back for all that she had done. It is pretty surprising that none of the others wrote about her or called her ou
Emma (Em or Emz)
I really enjoyed this story. I loved the fact that it was based around a blog and how this blog took over the virgin student's life, a bit like how some forums take cover mine!!
I loved the lesson's behind it, from peer pressure to sex and sexuality. I liked that you got to read some of the blog and then read what the author was actually thinking too, especially regarding some of her dates!
I would recommend this to anyone
Gabby
... I read this one, because I read sth about it, but really I don't regret about many things, but this is one of those things I really, really, really do. I can't even rate it.
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
KH
KH added it
Apr 16, 2015
Jean Monique Sanchez
Jean Monique Sanchez marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Stephanie Robello
Stephanie Robello marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Laura Ballantyne
Laura Ballantyne marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014