Start by marking “Berry Blue: Lessons Learned (Fruit Basket, #5)” as Want to Read:
Berry Blue: Lessons Learned (Fruit Basket, #5)

Berry Blue: Lessons Learned (Fruit Basket #5)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Peter Jamison has spent half his life believing he betrayed his first love, so when Dex is suddenly back in his life, he's thrilled. Sure, they have their problems. They're not the same young men they were before. They've grown and changed, been molded by their lives and circumstances into completely different people, but there's still the echo of their previous relationsh ...more
ebook
Published January 24th 2012 by Torquere Press

To ask other readers questions about Berry Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berry Blue

Jenre
Those readers who have been following this series by TC Blue will, like me, have been curious about the odd relationship between Peter (Riley’s uncle) and his lover, Dex. They seem a very ill matched couple and I don’t think I was the only reader who wanted Peter to ditch Dex and find another man who would appreciate him. Well, that’s certainly what we get with this book!

The story begins with Peter realising that things aren’t going so well between him and Dex. They were reunited a couple of yea
Arthur

The whole book is captured by the following quote:

From strangers to friends, from friends to best friends, from best friends to lovers, it was all in there. It had happened so simply, so easily, that Peter hadn't really noticed falling, and that was a good thing.

Not often do I get to read m/m book whose plot doesn't involve misunderstanding, lack of communication, tantrum, or cheating. So I was pleased that this book is just like that.
Aurora Alexander
I love Leonard since Mandarin Orange, and I am glad he got a HEA with Peter. In Berry Blue, Leonard and Peter's romance slowly simmers and eventually burns in a very satisfying way. It's nice to read about two hot men "of a certain age"

As I always expect from TC, there were a few lines that had me LMAO. Of course, some of them had to be from or about Riley. LOL Though, to be fair "meat flute" had nothing to do with Riley.

I was glad to see Dex exit stage left and I wish his ghost had left with
Jess Candela
I loved finally learning the mystery of Peter's past and the real story of what was going on with him and Dex. And I thought he and Leonard made a fantastic couple, who fit really well together. I also really appreciated their maturity.

For all that I hated Dex prior to this book, and what a jerk he was even in it, there were enough hints of potentially extenuating circumstances to make me think I'd enjoy reading his redemption story. I'm also wondering if the stage is being set for an upcoming b
kasjo_peja
The best book in the Fruit Basket series so far - 4.5 stars. Recommended to readers who like 'silver foxes' and 'friends to lovers' theme. I was inclined to like Peter and Leonard after meeting them in Mandarin Orange, but their actual story was much much better than I expected.

Side note: I in fact felt sorry for Dean and I hope he will get his own HEA.
Meggie
The start was kind of odd, but as soon as I was pulled into the plot, I started to like the story. I'm glad I read it on. The whole plot is developed around Peters wrong believes and his new developed relationship with Leonard. As a couple, those two were cute together. I liked them. But I did miss what happened with Dex.
Andrea
Loved the writing and the story
Anke
Nice addition to the series. The story moved along nicely without any drama and angst - just what I needed.
Elisa Rolle
Elisa Rolle marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Malo.derishte
Malo.derishte marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
texasmoocow
texasmoocow marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Candice
Candice marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
Donna
Donna added it
Jan 10, 2014
Dena
Dena marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
Susan A
Susan A marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Maycon
Maycon marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Fruit Basket (6 books)
  • Lemon Yellow: Making Lemonade (Fruit Basket, #1)
  • Lime Green: Margarita Mondays (Fruit Basket, #2)
  • Mandarin Orange: Sweet and Sour (Fruit Basket, #3)
  • Guava Red: Almost Paradise (Fruit Basket, #4)
  • Concord Grape: Unexpected (Fruit Basket, #6)
The One that Got Away (One and One, #1) The One That Broke Free  (One and One, #4) Lemon Yellow: Making Lemonade (Fruit Basket, #1) The One That Was Lost (One and One, #2) Mandarin Orange: Sweet and Sour (Fruit Basket, #3)