Start by marking “Bet you can't... Find Me” as Want to Read:
Bet you can't... Find Me

Bet you can't... Find Me (Catherine Mans #1)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  261 ratings  ·  41 reviews
“Imagine a killer who can kill at will from a distance. No gun, no weapon. Nothing more than a thought."
Catherine Mans has the ability to see and hear what others can’t. With the help of Homicide Sergeant Cody Allen, she’s turned that talent into a successful profession as a psychic consultant.
But Catherine’s past is coming back to haunt her. Someone is threatening the li
ebook
Published January 23rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Bet you can't... Find Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bet you can't... Find Me

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas AdamsEnder's Game by Orson Scott Card1984 by George OrwellA Game of Thrones by George R.R. MartinThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Reddit Recommendations
184th out of 567 books — 749 voters
One for the Money by Janet EvanovichNaked in Death by J.D. RobbGlory in Death by J.D. RobbImmortal in Death by J.D. RobbTwo for the Dough by Janet Evanovich
Kick ass female sleuths!
33rd out of 323 books — 113 voters

More lists with this book...

Kolleen
Another book I was excited about but turned out to be a bummer, although you wouldn't know it based on everyone's reviews. This is a story about a psychic who is trying to find a serial murderer, only to find out that the killer is also a psychic who is able to possess people and make them do the killing instead. Sound confusing? It was.

The premise sounded clever to me, but turned out to be only confusing. Throughout the whole book I was lost, but it did all come together in the end. By then I
Paul
I had high hopes for this book because of all the positive reviews and because it seemed like a good premise - a crime thriller with a supernatural twist. Also the author clearly went to a lot of trouble to get it properly formatted and proof-read, and the cover looks great.

Sadly it just wasn't very well written in my opinion. There were lots of points where I just didn't believe that characters, particularly in law enforcement, would act the way they did. I found the romance elements cringe-wor
M.A. Comley
After reading and thoroughly enjoying Linda's other two novels The Gifts, A Jacody Ives Mystery and Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery, I begged her to let me read and review her latest, Bet you can't... Find Me before it was released.
This novel is an intricately woven mystery that centres around psychic investigator Catherine Mans.
Catherine is often asked to assist in investigating current crimes by Sgt Cody Allen. Their most recent case turns out to have links to Catherine's sad childhood,
Donna Fasano
This is one of those books that will keep you up way past your bedtime. It's a first-rate, page-turning thriller with a twisty, complex plot, interesting characters, AND intriguing themes. This book held me enthralled until the very last page. I highly recommend it.
Sophie
Two stars only because I finished it. Honestly, it wasn't worth finishing.
Al
"Bet you can’t … FIND ME" contains mystery layered upon mystery. There are the obvious questions about the main story thread, the identity of the serial killer that is murdering people close to the protagonist, Catherine, and making it look like she is involved. For the first part of the book, Catherine is also mysterious, as her secret past slowly comes into focus to the reader, other characters, and in some ways, even to Catherine. Last, some of the major players among the supporting cast have ...more
Jud (Disney Diva)
Psychics. Not something I would believe in or indeed think that I could believe in so I was very surprised when I found myself not cynical about this story! Linda Prather really drew me in and had me 100% convinced, there was no 'like that would ever happen moments'. I don't quite understand how she did that, if someone was to tell me a first hand account of something like this happening I don't think I could be as riveted as I was to this story. However, I was hampered by the fact I kept readin ...more
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Catherine Mans is a psychic making a living as a consultant working with the police when needed and doing insurance jobs, mostly arson cases. The jobs pay the bills and the salary of her assistant/best friend Rosetta Tosallina and she lives a comfortable if lonely life. Until another psychic sets her up as a serial killer, taunts her psychically to ‘Find me.’ and proceeds to destroy everything she loves. Catherine has to find the killer before the killer finishes the job, but in tracking the kil ...more
Ey
Bet you can't get it out of your mind. I was so enthralled with this book from the first time I read an excerpt on Facebook that every time the cover passed on my timeline I wanted to cry. I was dying to read it. My feigning was not for naught. Most readers say 'from the first page I was caught' I have to say I was pulled in by Catherine's eyes and held tight by her story.

Linda did an awesome job making everything so believable I couldn't put my phone down. I can't tell you how many times I wan
Sangr1a
Great Price = Great Story

I bought this ebook shortly after reading the sample and got more than my money's worth. I was quickly drawn into the story's mystery, and with the main character who is a strong psychic who happens to be caught up being framed - and victimized - of committing brutal murders (of other psychics) by another very powerful psychic. I found the plot refreshing as I had not yet read anything like it. For those who enjoy supernatural mysteries, this is a great price for a uniq
Deana Dick

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review by LibraryThing

Catherine has a company called "Psychic Consultant." She is helping Cody Allrn who heads up the homicide division , on a missing person's case. They have developed a trust between each other and Cody believes in her ability to see things others can't. One day Cody is called into the chief's office. He has been informed that he will be working with Brian Wilkes who is with the FBI. It seems that there have been a string of unsolv
Katy
Originally posted on my blog: http://wp.me/p4Dssh-Hz

To begin with, I wasn't sure that this book was necessarily for me. I don't tend to read books about psychics, but I quickly got drawn into the story and struggled to put it down. I was quite interested in a psychic helping the police, but what I really enjoyed was how creepy the story got! I loved reading about the Bayou and really enjoyed the different languages (with translations) that the author took the time to include.

On the whole, the c
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the story of Catherine. She is a gifted psychic who uses that gift to find missing people and investigate arson insurance claims. Now someone is killing off members of her family, and friends of her family - a family she had left behind 10 years before. Who knows her so well that they could do such a thing?

This was a very clever thriller with many twists and turns. Catherine was brilliant as the heroine trying to piece together her past to try and find out who the killer was, and why the
The BookWhisperer
On The BookWhisperer thrillers aren't something we see much of. This was a step outside the box, and broadening of my reading horizons. With little to no romance, and a suspenseful and terrifying story of murder and mystery from page one it is not something I would have expect myself to enjoy so well. Catherine was a very interesting character, and one that I must follow along closely. Nothing like me, she is someone that I didn't anticipate the next more, and find myself anxious to see what wil ...more
Michelle Baldwin
bet you can't find me........no spoilers.....
this book is a very good read ....worth reading .... if your in to paranormal suspense books....the characters are all brilliant and you have to chuckle at them there is some really good twists and turns ..... great storyline....I'm going to look for book 2 hope it's as good as this one .......
M
I enjoyed this enough to get the next book in the series. Some of the characters felt flat, especially Cody, but hopefully he'll be fleshed out more later. Rosetta is a great character, although there eventually was a bit too much of the tea and cookies. So far, it looks like the second book is starting out well.
anna Valenzuela Goldthwaite
Other worlds

So many different cultures in our world, this story gave us a look at one believe in a great story. This makes your imagination wonder, if such things are possible with an amount of fiction/ non-fiction. This book is good reading for a strong mind. 17+
Black Butterfly
Jul 08, 2015 Black Butterfly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
I HAD READ ABOUT 50% OF THIS BOOK AND STILL COULDN’T TELL THE GOOD GUYS FROM THE BAD GUYS. . . THAT’S AMAZING I LOVE IT, THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT MOVIE THE SPECIAL EFFECTS PEOPLE WOULD HAVE A BALL WITH THIS. READING ABOUT SPECIAL EFFECTS IS NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS SEEING THE VISUAL UP ON THE SCREEN. THAT’S A VERY PRETTY COVER BUT KINDA SPOOKY A LITTLE BIT ;
Judith Magsig
A terrific read

A very suspenseful thriller. It held me to the very end. I couldn't put it down. I couldn't guess how it would end.
Mark Heath
Great book if you like to be scared. Well worth a read.
Pamela
greay read
Lynn
Great book. Looking forward to reading the next one.
Tina
I had to lower the review today, I realized when someone asked me how I liked this book today and I could not EVEN REMEMBER! It has been what 4 months and I have already forgotten EVERYTHING? So I re-picked up the book and went Oh ya....I remember this crap... Crazy psychic bullshit, some voodoo, alligators, and a lost twin. Lots of death and some bullshit to swallow so you can forget logic and finish the story... Hmmm make that two stars coming off today.....
Emma (Queen of the weirdo's)
This is not a book that I would have normally picked up but I did so as it was a group read. I have to say that I absolutely loved it. Very original concept and a story that I got completely sucked in to.
The characterisation was fantastic and I cared about the goodies and wanted the baddies to get their comeuppance!
I would love to read more from this author and also more from these characters, I really want to know what happens next for them!
Nani
It wasn't a bad story but when you are reading something that's pretty much based on fantasy, you have to take a lot on faith. I'm just personally more into stories that could possibly be true. This was more about the psychic abilities than the murder investigation. Like I said, it was well-developed, just not my cup of coffee.
Angela
I found this book interesting in the first few chapters but then it all became somewhat muddled to me. All became clear again towards the end but I'm left feeling I missed a lot. Perhaps one needs more of an understanding of psychics to follow the plot throughout the whole story.
Cheryl
What a quick read! I really liked this book! The characters were interesting, and the story was great. I don't completely understand the ending, but it was almost 1 in the morning after a long day so....lol. I'll go back and read the last 30 pages again.
Laura Laporta
I really loved this book because (normally I hate this), but i had NO idea who the antagonist was, I couldn't even guess! I had suspicion, but it seemed I was wrong each time. Very easy enjoyable interesting read.
Grace
Excellent!!! I loved the twist in this mystery. There were times I said to myself….ha, I know who did it and then I had to change my “ha” to “nope, wrong again”.
Karla
I really liked this book alot for the first half, and then the second half turned a bit weird and hard to follow. I was forced to lower it to 3 stars for this reason.
  • The Magi (The Magi Series, #1)
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Finding Hannah
  • Upload
  • A Case of Poisons (Anthony Maxwell #1)
  • I Have a Secret (Sloane Monroe, #3)
  • Blotto, Twinks, and the Ex-King's Daughter (Blotto and Twinks, #1)
  • Hide'n Go Seek (Psychic Visions, #2)
  • Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning, Vol. 01
  • The Reluctant (Crayder Chronicles #1)
  • A Hint of Murder (All Three Stories)
  • Echo of an Earth Angel (Earth Angel Trilogy, #1)
  • Dead Air (A Talk Radio Mystery #1)
  • The Savant of Chelsea
  • Zombie-Kids
  • Secrets
  • Blood Bath & Beyond (Immortality Bites Mystery #1; Immortality Bites #6)
  • The Istanbul Puzzle

Catherine Mans (2 books)
  • Eternal Beauty
Beyond A Reasonable Doubt The Gifts, A Jacody Ives Mystery Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery Eternal Beauty Helena's Diary