Start by marking “Bet you can't... Find Me” as Want to Read:
Bet you can't... Find Me

Bet you can't... Find Me (Catherine Mans #1)

“Imagine a killer who can kill at will from a distance. No gun, no weapon. Nothing more than a thought."
Catherine Mans has the ability to see and hear what others can’t. With the help of Homicide Sergeant Cody Allen, she’s turned that talent into a successful profession as a psychic consultant.
But Catherine’s past is coming back to haunt her. Someone is threatening the li
ebook
Published January 23rd 2012

To ask other readers questions about Bet you can't... Find Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bet you can't... Find Me

M.A. Comley
Jan 25, 2012 M.A. Comley rated it it was amazing
After reading and thoroughly enjoying Linda's other two novels The Gifts, A Jacody Ives Mystery and Sacred Secrets, A Jacody Ives Mystery, I begged her to let me read and review her latest, Bet you can't... Find Me before it was released.
This novel is an intricately woven mystery that centres around psychic investigator Catherine Mans.
Catherine is often asked to assist in investigating current crimes by Sgt Cody Allen. Their most recent case turns out to have links to Catherine's sad childhood,
Kolleen
Another book I was excited about but turned out to be a bummer, although you wouldn't know it based on everyone's reviews. This is a story about a psychic who is trying to find a serial murderer, only to find out that the killer is also a psychic who is able to possess people and make them do the killing instead. Sound confusing? It was.

The premise sounded clever to me, but turned out to be only confusing. Throughout the whole book I was lost, but it did all come together in the end. By then I
Paul
Feb 01, 2012 Paul rated it it was ok
I had high hopes for this book because of all the positive reviews and because it seemed like a good premise - a crime thriller with a supernatural twist. Also the author clearly went to a lot of trouble to get it properly formatted and proof-read, and the cover looks great.

Sadly it just wasn't very well written in my opinion. There were lots of points where I just didn't believe that characters, particularly in law enforcement, would act the way they did. I found the romance elements cringe-wor
Donna Fasano
Apr 10, 2012 Donna Fasano rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that will keep you up way past your bedtime. It's a first-rate, page-turning thriller with a twisty, complex plot, interesting characters, AND intriguing themes. This book held me enthralled until the very last page. I highly recommend it.
Sophie
Aug 04, 2012 Sophie rated it it was ok
Two stars only because I finished it. Honestly, it wasn't worth finishing.
Jud (Disney Diva)
Feb 06, 2012 Jud (Disney Diva) rated it really liked it
Psychics. Not something I would believe in or indeed think that I could believe in so I was very surprised when I found myself not cynical about this story! Linda Prather really drew me in and had me 100% convinced, there was no 'like that would ever happen moments'. I don't quite understand how she did that, if someone was to tell me a first hand account of something like this happening I don't think I could be as riveted as I was to this story. However, I was hampered by the fact I kept readin ...more
A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol)
Catherine Mans is a psychic making a living as a consultant working with the police when needed and doing insurance jobs, mostly arson cases. The jobs pay the bills and the salary of her assistant/best friend Rosetta Tosallina and she lives a comfortable if lonely life. Until another psychic sets her up as a serial killer, taunts her psychically to ‘Find me.’ and proceeds to destroy everything she loves. Catherine has to find the killer before the killer finishes the job, but in tracking the kil ...more
Al
Mar 04, 2012 Al rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, read-2012
"Bet you can’t … FIND ME" contains mystery layered upon mystery. There are the obvious questions about the main story thread, the identity of the serial killer that is murdering people close to the protagonist, Catherine, and making it look like she is involved. For the first part of the book, Catherine is also mysterious, as her secret past slowly comes into focus to the reader, other characters, and in some ways, even to Catherine. Last, some of the major players among the supporting cast have ...more
Ey
May 07, 2012 Ey rated it it was amazing
Bet you can't get it out of your mind. I was so enthralled with this book from the first time I read an excerpt on Facebook that every time the cover passed on my timeline I wanted to cry. I was dying to read it. My feigning was not for naught. Most readers say 'from the first page I was caught' I have to say I was pulled in by Catherine's eyes and held tight by her story.

Linda did an awesome job making everything so believable I couldn't put my phone down. I can't tell you how many times I wan
Sangria
Apr 10, 2012 Sangria rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-kindle
Great Price = Great Story

I bought this ebook shortly after reading the sample and got more than my money's worth. I was quickly drawn into the story's mystery, and with the main character who is a strong psychic who happens to be caught up being framed - and victimized - of committing brutal murders (of other psychics) by another very powerful psychic. I found the plot refreshing as I had not yet read anything like it. For those who enjoy supernatural mysteries, this is a great price for a uniq
Jessica
Nov 15, 2015 Jessica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: suspenseful
This was so different from everything I normally read and I loved it! Intense, mysterious... a unique story line that I now find myself wanting more of! The characters were awesome. Each and EVERY one of them and the way this story is told leaves you turning the pages as quickly as possible! LOVED IT!!
5 stars!
Denise
Feb 23, 2017 Denise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Are psychics the new zombies? Seems i've read more books with psychics in them in the past 6 months than in the past 6 years. Nevertheless, i did find this book suspenseful and interesting? I found the twists and turns within the realm of possibility. I will definitely read another book by this author. Recommended.
Deana Dick
Jun 12, 2015 Deana Dick rated it it was amazing

I was given a copy of this book for an honest review by LibraryThing

Catherine has a company called "Psychic Consultant." She is helping Cody Allrn who heads up the homicide division , on a missing person's case. They have developed a trust between each other and Cody believes in her ability to see things others can't. One day Cody is called into the chief's office. He has been informed that he will be working with Brian Wilkes who is with the FBI. It seems that there have been a string of unsolv
Claire
May 12, 2015 Claire rated it really liked it
I came across Linda Prather after "going" to her joint book launch Facebook party with Mel Comley last year and I won Eternal Beauty, the second Catherine Mans book. Being someone who prefers to read series in the right (I can hear some book lovers out there reading this saying it's a "must") I downloaded "Bet you can't ... find me". And it sat electronically gathering dust.

I didn't know what to expect when I started the book but there was murder, intrigue and creepy psychic activity which made
Erica
May 03, 2016 Erica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audible, mystery
I grabbed this one because I was looking for something a little different. I like to listen to audible as well as read books. So when I came across this one. It intrigued me. Plus, I have to keep it a little PG for the work environment. In this book we get taken on a mystery, beginning with strange things happening to Catherine. Including all clues pointing to her for being the murderer of all these bodies that keep piling up. Now to keep Catherine out of jail, It's up to Catherine and her frien ...more
Katy
May 17, 2015 Katy rated it really liked it
Originally posted on my blog: http://wp.me/p4Dssh-Hz

To begin with, I wasn't sure that this book was necessarily for me. I don't tend to read books about psychics, but I quickly got drawn into the story and struggled to put it down. I was quite interested in a psychic helping the police, but what I really enjoyed was how creepy the story got! I loved reading about the Bayou and really enjoyed the different languages (with translations) that the author took the time to include.

On the whole, the c
Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)
This is the story of Catherine. She is a gifted psychic who uses that gift to find missing people and investigate arson insurance claims. Now someone is killing off members of her family, and friends of her family - a family she had left behind 10 years before. Who knows her so well that they could do such a thing?

This was a very clever thriller with many twists and turns. Catherine was brilliant as the heroine trying to piece together her past to try and find out who the killer was, and why the
Pat
Jan 09, 2016 Pat rated it it was ok
When I bought this I did't realise the paranormal stuff was the whole story. I don't normally read this genre and my issues with this book exemplify why. Having said that is wasn't all bad, in parts it was a bit of fun but...

I know you have to suspend disbelief to read these sort of books and many of the thrillers that I do enjoy but please - make it somehow plausible and/or logical. I kept wondering "why did he/she/they do that?" There seemed to be no rationale for a lot of the Machiavellian in
The BookWhisperer
Aug 11, 2012 The BookWhisperer rated it liked it
On The BookWhisperer thrillers aren't something we see much of. This was a step outside the box, and broadening of my reading horizons. With little to no romance, and a suspenseful and terrifying story of murder and mystery from page one it is not something I would have expect myself to enjoy so well. Catherine was a very interesting character, and one that I must follow along closely. Nothing like me, she is someone that I didn't anticipate the next more, and find myself anxious to see what wil ...more
Emma (Queen of the weirdo's)
Feb 11, 2012 Emma (Queen of the weirdo's) rated it it was amazing
This is not a book that I would have normally picked up but I did so as it was a group read. I have to say that I absolutely loved it. Very original concept and a story that I got completely sucked in to.
The characterisation was fantastic and I cared about the goodies and wanted the baddies to get their comeuppance!
I would love to read more from this author and also more from these characters, I really want to know what happens next for them!
Tina
Aug 13, 2012 Tina rated it did not like it
I had to lower the review today, I realized when someone asked me how I liked this book today and I could not EVEN REMEMBER! It has been what 4 months and I have already forgotten EVERYTHING? So I re-picked up the book and went Oh ya....I remember this crap... Crazy psychic bullshit, some voodoo, alligators, and a lost twin. Lots of death and some bullshit to swallow so you can forget logic and finish the story... Hmmm make that two stars coming off today.....
Michelle Baldwin
Jul 26, 2014 Michelle Baldwin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal
bet you can't find me........no spoilers.....
this book is a very good read ....worth reading .... if your in to paranormal suspense books....the characters are all brilliant and you have to chuckle at them there is some really good twists and turns ..... great storyline....I'm going to look for book 2 hope it's as good as this one .......
Nani
Oct 01, 2012 Nani rated it liked it
Shelves: finished-2012
It wasn't a bad story but when you are reading something that's pretty much based on fantasy, you have to take a lot on faith. I'm just personally more into stories that could possibly be true. This was more about the psychic abilities than the murder investigation. Like I said, it was well-developed, just not my cup of coffee.
Mary
Dec 01, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
One of my all-time favorite books. I love Linda Prather's writing and I can't wait to get my hands on her next books. This one does not disappoint and had me reading late into the night. If you're a fan of Criminal Minds, this has a similar feel but with a psychic twist. If this piques your interest and you're a psychological thriller lover, you won't go wrong with this book or this author.
Black Butterfly
Jun 24, 2015 Black Butterfly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
I HAD READ ABOUT 50% OF THIS BOOK AND STILL COULDN’T TELL THE GOOD GUYS FROM THE BAD GUYS. . . THAT’S AMAZING I LOVE IT, THIS WOULD MAKE A GREAT MOVIE THE SPECIAL EFFECTS PEOPLE WOULD HAVE A BALL WITH THIS. READING ABOUT SPECIAL EFFECTS IS NOT NEARLY AS GOOD AS SEEING THE VISUAL UP ON THE SCREEN. THAT’S A VERY PRETTY COVER BUT KINDA SPOOKY A LITTLE BIT ;
M
Feb 22, 2014 M rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this enough to get the next book in the series. Some of the characters felt flat, especially Cody, but hopefully he'll be fleshed out more later. Rosetta is a great character, although there eventually was a bit too much of the tea and cookies. So far, it looks like the second book is starting out well.
Cheryl
Sep 02, 2012 Cheryl rated it really liked it
What a quick read! I really liked this book! The characters were interesting, and the story was great. I don't completely understand the ending, but it was almost 1 in the morning after a long day so....lol. I'll go back and read the last 30 pages again.
Claudine Baranski
Suspenseful

But a bit hokey and dull. Spirits, demons, confusing characters, lame attempt at throwing in romance. I made it through to the end, but feel like it caused my IQ to drop.
anna Valenzuela Goldthwaite
Other worlds

So many different cultures in our world, this story gave us a look at one believe in a great story. This makes your imagination wonder, if such things are possible with an amount of fiction/ non-fiction. This book is good reading for a strong mind. 17+
Angela
Feb 09, 2012 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I found this book interesting in the first few chapters but then it all became somewhat muddled to me. All became clear again towards the end but I'm left feeling I missed a lot. Perhaps one needs more of an understanding of psychics to follow the plot throughout the whole story.
  • A Case of Poisons (Anthony Maxwell #1)
  • The Magi (The Magi Series, #1)
  • Don't Need No Water
  • Finding Hannah
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • Blotto, Twinks, and the Ex-King's Daughter (Blotto and Twinks, #1)
  • Secrets
  • Live and Let Shop (Spy Goddess, #1)
  • The Savant of Chelsea
  • Blood Echo
  • A Shot to Die For (Ellie Foreman, #4)
  • Death of a Supermodel (Fashion Avenue Mysteries, #2)
  • Drummer Boy (Sheriff Frank Littlefield, #2)
  • Q.E.D. (Quod Erat Demonstrandum) Vol. 1
  • I Have a Secret (Sloane Monroe, #3)
  • Deeds of Mercy (Mark Taylor, #3)
  • Burly and Grum and the Secret City
  • A Black Deeper Than Death

Catherine Mans (2 books)
  • Eternal Beauty

“Cody made a pot of coffee and heated water for Rosetta’s tea. He needed the time alone to process what Wilkes had said. For the first time in his career, he wished he wasn’t a cop. The evidence pointed to Catherine, and yet his heart told him that wasn’t possible. He wanted to listen to his heart.” 0 likes