Start by marking “In The Language of Scorpions” as Want to Read:
In The Language of Scorpions

In The Language of Scorpions

5.0 of 5 stars 5.00  ·  rating details  ·  4 ratings  ·  4 reviews
A collection of horror stories and poetry
Kindle Edition
Published 2012 by Borgo Press

To ask other readers questions about In The Language of Scorpions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In The Language of Scorpions

Charles
Jan 28, 2012 Charles added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: horror
This is a collection of my horror short stories. Many were previously published over the years in small magazines or some of the horror anthologies out of the 80s and 90s. Others are freshly written for this collection. There are gentle horrors and a fair number of graphic ones. Stories like "Razor White," "Splatter of Black," and "Wall of Love" were written in the days of Splatterpunk and are particularly graphic.
Richard Godwin
In The Language Of Scorpions is a collection of Gramlich's horror stories, many previously published over the years in magazines and horror anthologies in the 80s and 90s. The collection also contain some new ones.

Gramlich writes with great skill in a range of styles. I have previously read, reviewed and enjoyed his fantasy. He is able to slip between genres in a way that readers who like something different will find satisfying.

This collection reminded me of many of the classical horror stories
Randy
Here be monsters!

But in Charles Gramlich's worlds, the monsters are all too human. Which makes them far worse of course. To be sure, there are some non-human monsters in these stories, but even here, they are not your regulation horrors.

Like all good writers, Charles manages to work his own views on subjects into these pieces.

Some of my favorites:

CHIMES - I had an earlier version of this story(how I lost it is a complete wipe of an infected computer and a new reboot). In this book, this is his p
Bernard DeLeo
The collection of horror tales and vignettes in ‘In the Language of Scorpions: Tales of Horror from the Inner Dark’ is a chilling adventure into the macabre. I’ve never read a better selection of dark stories, varying point of view, plots, and subjects. If you enjoy the horror genre you will not be disappointed with Mr. Gramlich’s collection. The last section incorporates the author’s thoughts and initial dealings with each story, making for a fascinating finish. A definite bargain.
Brandon
Brandon marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
David West
David West marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Shamella
Shamella marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2012
Midnight Blue
Midnight Blue marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2012
I grew up on a farm in Arkansas, and I fully intend to retire right back to that same farm. But not yet. I came to Louisiana in 1986 to teach Biological Psychology at Xavier University in New Orleans. I've been there ever since, although I now live in a semi-rural area outside Abita Springs, Louisiana.

My primary writing interests are in Fantasy and Horror, which are the genres where my books and
More about Charles Allen Gramlich...
Cold In the Light Swords of Talera: Book One of the Talera Cycle Wings Over Talera Witch of Talera: Book 3 of the Talera Cycle Bitter Steel: Tales And Poems Of Epic Fantasy