Start by marking “Forever After” as Want to Read:
Forever After

Forever After

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,457 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
A woman on the run

Meredith Kenyon has no choice but to escape the clutches of her abusive late husband's manipulative father. She transforms herself into a small-town mom, and, together with her young daughter, settles in rural Oregon—right next door to the town sheriff. Fearful of attracting suspicion, Meredith knows she should avoid him, but his romantic gestures and per
Mass Market Paperback, Alternate Cover for ISBN: 9780380791040, 419 pages
Published October 30th 2007 by Avon (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Forever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever After

Sara
Aug 13, 2011 Sara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was looking for something easy and fluffy. This fit the bill. But the characters were flat and unlikable, the story totally ridiculous, and the descriptions laughable. Also, I'm not sure why the four year old talked like a middle-aged woman from the backwoods of Appalachia just because her mother was from the South.
Rhapsody
Dec 09, 2015 Rhapsody rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: contemporary romance readers
Another good book from Anderson. Meredith moves to the middle of no where with her four year old daughter to evade her abusive husband's family and avoid losing custody of her daughter. Heath, the county sheriff, lives next door to them and they end up becoming friends. After her husband's abuse, Meredith can't really trust him but eventually has no choice when her ex father-in-law's goons arrive in town. It was good reading, but I'm beginning to get a little tired of Anderson's 100% wholesomene ...more
Lizzy
Aug 09, 2013 Lizzy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favoritos, review, 2013
Um dos meus favoritos!
Absolutamente terno e emotivo. Amei essa história. É sempre assim, não tem jeito, sempre quando termino um livro da Catherine Anderson eu me sinto anestesiada. Escapismo? E daí? Essa é a dádiva que a leitura nos proporciona, acreditar esse que esse mundo tem cura, que o ser humano possui qualidades inarredáveis, enfim, que o amor transforma e liberta.
Aqui, Heath e Meredith estão em lados opostos. Ela é uma viúva que está fugindo com sua filha Sammy, usa peruca e lentes de c
Elizabeth Bennet
Apr 11, 2015 Elizabeth Bennet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the covers on Anderson books. They are simple but appealing. This story took a little bit before the H/h really start to like one another. Meredith Kenyon is hiding with her 4 year old daughter Sammy. Once you begin to understand what her life was like before Oregon you can see why she does not trust easily. Her daughter is scared of most everything and when a stray Rottweiler shows up at their house Merry calls her neighbor, the sheriff, to come get his beast.

Heath Masters is a 38 year o
Wendy
Robin
Fleeing with her four-year-old daughter Sammy after a heated custody battle, Meredith Kenyon moves into a run-down house in Oregon and right next-door to the county sheriff. She hopes that her disguise and a low-profile will keep her off of her father-in-law's radar. Sheriff Heath Masters knows his new neighbor is keeping secrets. Both she and her young daughter seem to be afraid of men. The only male they seem to love is his Rottweiler, Goliath. Heath is drawn to his vulnerable neighbor and hop ...more
Gayla Maypole
Jan 02, 2016 Gayla Maypole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tragic, a little dark and oh so heartwarming.

Really liked this book. One of this authors best, I think.
It's a little dark at times. Meredith is coming out of a very bad relationship and some of the abuse is described. So, if you have trouble with spousal abuse, this may not be the book for you.
There is healing for both main characters and way more good than bad.
It seemed real to me as well that she healed slowly and didn't just trust immediately.
Also Heath had to understand that she wasn't
Pat
Sep 17, 2009 Pat rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ann-marie
Though this is billed as a romance. It doesn't come until quite near the end of the book. Meredith has crossed state lines to protect her daughter from her ex-fatherinlaw. With his son being dead her fatherinlaw has taken up the banner to fight for custody of his granddaughter. Meredith husband not only was abusive but was part of the mob. She move in unbeknownst to her near a town sheriff in a small town in Oregon. What eventually happens they become close through his dog and her daughter. Thou ...more
Gizella Tóth
May 02, 2014 Gizella Tóth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tulajdonképpen tetszett, csak volt egy-két helyzet, amire azt mondtam, valahogy nem tudom elképzelni, túl gyors: pl. a a halálosan rettegő kislány, már az első alkalommal, amikor Heath közelébe merészkedik, és a pasi megfogja a kezét és megpörgeti, sikoltozik örömében... kb. kizárt. A csaj is, miután beadja a derekát, valahogy túl gyorsan, túl könnyen eljut az ágybéli események élvezetéig, nehéz elhinni az átált borzalmak után. A könyv ezzel együtt is jó, a kutya imádnivaló, de nem az a
Paula
Catherine Anderson's contemporary romances are fast becoming my favorites. I haven't been disappointed by any of her books. She has the ability to create such detailed, loveable, and romantic characters. I fell for the hero "Heath Masters" and his dog "Goliath" at first read. Every time the heroins heart broke in the book, mine did as well. You'll need a box of tissues but her books always end incredibly romantic and well. You won't be disappointed.
Mia
Feb 25, 2015 Mia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really love Catherine Anderson's writing so I am backtracking finding some of her older books. I missed this one somehow, but I'm glad I found it, I really enjoyed it and I think the story was well done and she did a great job building the characters and the storyline. I enjoyed both H/H very much.
Tanya T
Feb 11, 2016 Tanya T rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you like action, suspense and romance and your an animal lover, you will enjoy this book! Just the right amount of everything and even a small child added in. Leaves me wondering where i can find myself a hunky hero like Heath Masters!!!
Deborah
I randomly picked this book to read after seeing that the author was recommended by other users in the historical romance group here on goodreads. I thought it was a decent book - amusing, cute characters, etc. I def would like to go read more of her work. I just found the book on amazon.com and saw that it received not so great reviews. I guess I kind of agree with that they had to say. But with that said, it's a nice vacation, by the beach read. I am looking forward to reading some of her othe ...more
Linda
Aug 09, 2008 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I did not like reading the cussing a swearing the characters used during conversation. It did not seem necessary to the story. A countuy sherrif befriends his new neighbor. Meridith and her daughter quickly find their way into the man's heart. He struggles with the communities legal problems especially underage drinking. The book takes many twists and turns in the plot so that there is several climactic events the characters engage in. The conversation in the book is realisticly written. For exa ...more
Sonia Cristina
Sep 27, 2014 Sonia Cristina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: english-books, 2014
Há tanto tempo que não lia um livro de Catherine Anderson que fui surpreendida pela sua sensibilidade. Gostei tanto desta história. Especialmente Sammy e Goliath entraram-me no coração num instante e lá ficaram, são inesquecíveis.

Pboswell
Sammy and Goliath made my heart smile.
Sammy and Heath made my heart sing.
Heath, Meredith, Sammy and Goliath — and Ian made me heart all fuzzy.
Maria
Jul 08, 2009 Maria rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Ms Anderson seems able to find the most impossible situations to highlight in her books, but it does keep you on the edge of the seat, waiting to see if and how she resolves the problem. This book is no exception. It is both horrifying and sweet, and I love Sammy and Goliath. Can't miss with a child and a dog. I must admit it is refreshing to find characters in a book that are somewhat old-fashioned. I get so tired of constant four-letter words, as if that makes the writing better. It doesn't. I ...more
Michelle
Jan 20, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Merry was a doormat, Heath cursed too much, the plot ws implausible, but I STILL got sucked in!
Leah Diaz
Oct 26, 2014 Leah Diaz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: just-purchased
Why cant all fairy tales be like this book??!!
Carl
Mar 27, 2014 Carl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book from beginning to end!
Kathryn
Oct 07, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an enjoyable read and I gave it four stars because Sammy and Goliath are fabulous. I loved and laughed out loud at some of the scenes with Sammy. Especially the soap washing out of 'Heefs' mouth because of all those bad words!
It all finished very tidily, I haven't read a book for so long that ended so tidily! A little stretch of the imagination! However I am a sucker for it ended happily ever after so no complaints.
Helen Peter
A wonderful read. First time I read Ms Anderson's book. Recommended by my 16 year old daughter, who borrowed it from her school library and insisted that I read it. Enjoyed the way the author described the interaction between the dog and the child. My 12 year old son is terrified of dogs, be it big or small. So it was good to know about the love between them, inspiring.
Amy Jones
It was ok, as the rating says.I am a bit dissapointed, because it wasn't tempting at all. After few chapters you can predict what will happen next. It was ok, but I don't like classic romances like this, I like some comedy or fantasy in them. If you want a book that you will think of for days, then I don't recommend you this one.
T
Jul 03, 2010 T rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an awesome book. Meredith and Sammy are on the run and rents an old broken down house across the road from Heath Masters, the town's Sheriff. Heath knows that there is more to Meredith than she let's on.And so begins a book filled with action, suspense, laughter and love. I fell in love with Sammy and Goliath.
Lynn
Aug 12, 2010 Lynn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was at our summer rental and it's a good beach read, although the story seemed very familiar and predictable. I don't remember if I have read any other books by Catherine Anderson, but the innocent, single mom in trouble and/or on-the-run is an all-to-common plot.
Rita
May 29, 2011 Rita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. A little bit romance with a good story line concerning the mob. Small town girl gets involved with the wrong people and finds herself in grave danger. Learning to trust again is difficult but learning to love again makes it a good story.
Birgit
Meredith Kenyon & Heath Masters

Great plot, a book full of emotions, I was so thrilled, I read till 2pm. Meredith, Sammy, Heath and Goliath are very likeable and wonderful caracters.
Old Glory - thats hilarious!!
Aug 27, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it
As always this was a really nice book by Catherine Anderson. It has a great romance, a little suspense, a funny kid and a great dog. Something for everyone. Fun easy read with a wonderful HEA.
Linda
Dec 17, 2012 Linda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The title says it all. This "romance" does a fluff job on
sexual abuse, terror and law enforcement. It is readable, who doesn't love a cute little girl with a weird accent, and an old
Rottwieler?
  • Three Weddings and a Kiss
  • Jackson Rule
  • Twilight in Texas (McLain #4)
  • A Convenient Wife (Montana Mavericks: The Historicals)
  • Honey and the Hired Hand (Hawk's Way #1)
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Homeward Hearts
  • Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2)
  • You've Got Male (OPUS #1)
  • McKettrick's Luck (McKettricks, #6)
  • Pieces of Sky (Blood Rose, #1)
  • Brave Heart
  • Anytime Darlin' (Siren Publishing Allure)
  • Chance McCall
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • The Tenderfoot Bride
  • Diamond In The Rough (The Men of Medicine Ridge, #3)
(1)romance author:
Adeline Catherine was born and raised in Grants Pass, Oregon, USA. She always yearned to be a writer like her mother. The morning that one of her professors asked if she could use samples of Catherine’s creative writing on an overhead projector to teach was
More about Catherine Anderson...