Start by marking “Targets in Ties (Secret Sisters Mystery #4)” as Want to Read:
Targets in Ties (Secret Sisters Mystery #4)

Targets in Ties (Secret Sisters Mystery #4)

After two long years, Ren’s mission is finally over, and it’s time for Ida Mae, Arlette, and Tansy to travel to Mexico to pick him up. They have their itinerary all planned out—visiting the ruins in the
Yucatan, shopping, playing in the sand and surf—and then they’ll head to Ren’s mission home and be reunited with that dear boy. But
a wanted antiquities thief crosses their p
Published January 2012 by Walnut Springs Press

To ask other readers questions about Targets in Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Targets in Ties

Julie
Feb 14, 2012 Julie rated it really liked it
I hadn't read any of the other Secret Sisters mysteries and apparently this is the fourth book in the series. It didn't bother me much, though, because it was easy to pick up who the characters were and their endearing quirks that totally made the story. It probably would have been a richer reading experience had I known all the history between these characters, but I don't know that for sure, since, of course, I haven't read the others. How's that for logic?

The story begins with three little ol
Mandi Slack
Feb 23, 2012 Mandi Slack rated it it was amazing
Targets in Ties by author Tristi Pinkston is the 4th installment in her widely popular and witty "Secret Sister Mystery" series, and I have to admit I was very excited to jump on board her blog tour. Pinkston's colorful characters Ida Mae, Tansy, and Arlette are a delight, and you will quickly fall in love with their unique, yet "oh-so familiar" personalities as they board a plane and head to Mexico. The trio are excited and anxious to spend a couple of weeks touring the country and taking in th ...more
Katie W
Feb 12, 2012 Katie W rated it really liked it
Targets in Ties is a face-paced story about three older ladies who journey to Mexico to pick up Ida Mae's nephew from his mission and encounter an international thief.

I love the personalities of these ladies. Tansy is such an airhead, coming up with the funniest things; Arlette is kind of grumpy, yet she's a good balance for the other; and Ida Mae is kind of the ring leader--a busybody who sticks her nose where it doesn't always belong, but she's very likeable.

This wasn't a long, complex novel
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Feb 21, 2012 Aimee (Getting Your Read On) rated it really liked it
Tristi does is again. A cozy mystery with unforgettable characters.

A trio of friends in their golden years set off to South America to see the sights before picking up Ren, Ida's nephew, who has been serving a mission there. Their vacation plans go slightly awry (of course they do) and we get some fun entertainment as they try to find their way out of one mess after another.

I'm especially looking forward to the next book. It's about time for Ren and Eden to see what's up. I've been waiting a lo
MaryKay
Jan 24, 2012 MaryKay marked it as to-read
Thanks for the giveaway - http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...
Sheila
Feb 20, 2012 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Is it possible for The Secret Sisters Mysteries to get even better than the last one? I am here to say, “Yes!” Targets in Ties, by Tristi Pinkston, had more laugh out loud moments than the last book. Of course life is never “normal”, when your name is Ida Mae, and trouble follows you wherever you go.

Ida Mae, Tansy and Arlette are touring through Mexico with a jewel thief on their tails. They are in Mexico for some R&R and to pick up Ida Mae's nephew, Ren, who has been on a two-year mission
Heather
Jan 28, 2012 Heather rated it really liked it
Golden Girls meets Indiana Jones is this cozy mystery set among the ruins of Mexico. As the fourth installment of the Secret Sisters series, it is by far my favorite. I think it was extra fun for me to read because I just returned form a trip of my own to South America to visit my old mission stomping grounds. So, to read about Ren finishing his final days as a full-time missionary in a Spanish speaking land added an extra element of fondness for me. Ida Mae and her crew have headed down to pick ...more
Kathy
Feb 12, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Tristi Pinkston's Secret Sisters Mysteries make me laugh. They are lighthearted, clean, humorous books that are perfect for days when you just need a good laugh. Targets in Ties is the 4th book in the Secret Sisters Series and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first three books.

Ida Mae, Arlette, and Tansy are once again caught up in an adventure. This time they are travelling through Mexico headed to pick up Ren from his mission when they cross paths with an International jewel thief. What
Tamera Westhoff
Mar 06, 2012 Tamera Westhoff rated it really liked it
I was so excited to win this off another author's blog! I really wanted to read this to stay up with the series! Ida Mae sure gets into some doozies of situations! At first all I could think was: "The moral of the story is: Don't be nosy unless you're a detective!" I was certainly not expecting all of the twists and turns thrown at me, but I loved them! They go to Mexico after saving their money, so they can vacation on their way to pick up Ren. The excitement quickly changes when Ida Mae spots ...more
Debbie
Apr 06, 2012 Debbie rated it really liked it
This was a great addition to the other books in the Secret Sisters series. I really liked this book, as did my daughter. The three ladies went on a trip to Mexico to sightsee before meeting up with Ren to bring him home. The ladies are kidnapped twice by two different men. It was a good book. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

I just read this book again. Even when on a mission, Ren still gets into trouble.
Danyelle Ferguson
Feb 12, 2012 Danyelle Ferguson rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite of the Secret Sisters mysteries so far. Can I just say that I feel bad for the villains who think they can outsmart Ida Mae? Those poor pitiful morons. They should know that with age comes respect, wisdom, and a whole lotta sass - at least in the case of Ida Mae, Tansy, and Arlette!
Barbara Larsen
This is one of the books that I won from Goodreads :). It is a mystery involving three "little old ladies" who are on a Mexican vacation and find trouble...or maybe it finds them. I enjoyed this book and now I need to see if the library has the first books from the series so I can read them before the next one comes out this summer.
Mindy
Apr 06, 2013 Mindy rated it really liked it
Wonderfully entertaining and fun. These ladies never disappoint and it was awesome having Ren back. This book is just as enjoyable and fun as it's predecessors. Fun twists and turns with humor and heart. Well done, Tristi!
Becky Zabriskie
Aug 09, 2012 Becky Zabriskie rated it liked it
This book wasn't as good as the previous books in the series. There was just so many unbelievable things that happened.
Angela
Apr 10, 2012 Angela rated it liked it

This was my least favorite of the series. I made myself finish it because I was hoping it would get better. Read if you loved the first three.
Karlene Browning
Feb 11, 2012 Karlene Browning rated it really liked it
Fun, delightful read. Read it in an afternoon & laughed out loud a few times. I just love the interplay between Ida Mae, Arlette & Tansy. And what a fun surprise at the end! :)
Becky
Aug 25, 2012 Becky rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013-read-books
LOved it! another exciting adventure with the old ladies!
Vicki
Apr 01, 2012 Vicki rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lds-fiction
Another fun read from Tristi! I love Ida Mae's spunkiness! She gives us all hope that we can be that vital as we age! I love the Secret Sisters Series and I am definitely looking forward to the next!
Patricia
Apr 23, 2013 Patricia rated it liked it
I liked this book better than the first two books in the series, also. Fun plot. I still scan-read it all.
Nadine
Apr 22, 2012 Nadine rated it really liked it
This book was really funny. I really love Ida Mae's character. Becoming an 'older' lady doesn't look too bad if you had a personality like Ida Mae.
Marcyhowes
Marcyhowes rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Caroline Liedtke
Caroline Liedtke rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2012
Gaby
Gaby rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Serenity
Serenity rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2017
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2014
J. Morgan
J. Morgan rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2012
Lila
Lila rated it really liked it
Nov 01, 2012
Annie Prince
Annie Prince rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it really liked it
Feb 03, 2015
Mary Dearden
Mary Dearden rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
I'm a historical/contemporary fiction author, stay-at-home mom, homeschooler, freelance editor, and the owner of Trifecta Books.
More about Tristi Pinkston...

Secret Sisters Mystery (4 books)
  • Secret Sisters (Secret Sisters Mystery #1)
  • Dearly Departed (Secret Sisters Mystery #2)
  • Hang'em High (Secret Sisters Mystery #3)