Start by marking “I'll Be Your Last” as Want to Read:
I'll Be Your Last

I'll Be Your Last

Life dealt Mack Penchant a raw deal. He's hidden his sexuality, the secret he's carried since he was a teen, through the Marine Corps, and now as an undercover cop. The only relationship he believes possible for himself is the furry kind, with his dog Kiki. One young cop, though, drives him to a frenzy, and he fights his passions and needs every step of the way.

Woody Kane’
Published January 26th 2012 by Siren-BookStrand, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about I'll Be Your Last, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Be Your Last

Cut & Run by Abigail RouxSticks & Stones by Abigail RouxFish & Chips by Abigail RouxFaith & Fidelity by Tere MichaelsDivide & Conquer by Abigail Roux
Best Gay Cops/ Security Guards/P.I.'s
445th out of 718 books — 1,103 voters
I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseSpecial Forces by Aleksandr VoinovZero at the Bone by Jane SevilleLatakia by J.F.  SmithKeeping Promise Rock by Amy Lane
Best Gay Soldiers
224th out of 355 books — 599 voters

More lists with this book...

Gigi
I've been on a sad streak lately so I needed a slam dunk to lift me up. I chose a book from my favorites shelf that I read over a year ago that was a little foggy in my memory. I'll Be Your Last is about 2 cops, one who is relationship phobic and the other who is nursing a broken heart. Jackpot!

Loved this one, big time! Alpha male Mack runs screaming at the mere thought of spending more than an hour with his bed partners and hunky, hot Woody is tired of one night stands and is looking for romanc
Jilrene ♥
2.5+ stars

The writing seems stilted. Maybe too much telling and not enough showing? Then there’s Mack’s epiphany at the 78% mark. I actually don’t mind insta-love stories, but they have to be a little believable. I need to feel what the characters feel. It didn’t happen this time. I really like the premise and I think the story could be so much better. I can picture the scenes because the words used are very descriptive and well thought out. I can see it, I just don’t feel it. That probably make
Candice
Apr 03, 2015 Candice rated it it was ok
I actually wasn't a fan of this :( Mack was a dick and Woody was a welcome mat. I think I would have liked it more if we could have seen more of the relationship. (view spoiler)

Loved the Mack and Evie scenes. So sweet.
Emma
Feb 26, 2012 Emma rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-finished
basically insta-hardons, then a little denial and some misunderstanding. both MC's are incredible hot and aroused all the time, every second sentence is about "bulges the size of alaska" - couldn't bring myself to finish...
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
This review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Recommended Read

Jane Leopold Quinn is a new to me author but after reading I’ll Be Your Last, you can bet I’ll be checking out her other offerings. This M/M love story and yes, I’m using the words love story, was incredibly well written, full of emotion, and has characters that are so gut-wrenching believable that as I sit here writing, I’m eyeing the police officers across the room and wondering if this could be their story.

Michael “Mack” Penchant is an ex-
Kelly H. (Maybedog)
1.5 stars rounded up.

I don't have the time or interest in distilling these notes into a review. The book wasn't worth it.

I'm so tired of men calling other men they're attracted to "kid." It's gross.

All they can think about in the first ten pages is sex. They're constantly hard. Are men that out of control?

Not an original thought in this book so far.

Very repetitive. "I'm attracted to him but I have to cool it because I'm not out...god he's hot I want him so bad hard...I'm not out and looking a
Lasha
Mar 11, 2012 Lasha rated it liked it
Shelves: darkdivasreviews
Closeted cop? Check. His hot gay partner lusting after him? Check. I’ll Be Your Last has all that and more. Woody Kane is the new guy in the department and when he’s put in with Mack Penchant sparks fly. However, Mack is deep in the closet and Woody doesn’t do men who aren’t out, but their chemistry is too potent to ignore. In the end, will Mack come out for love or stay inside his lonely closet?

Out For You stories are my forte. I love them right alongside the Gay for You trope (along with werew
Sophia
Aug 07, 2012 Sophia rated it really liked it
This was an interesting read and had a different feel to it. I prefer romance stories that lean toward the relationship building style than the quick insta-love types. In this story, the main character has only known one night stand hook-ups and seeks to keep it that way. Fortunately, there is a lot more to the story than that and those hook-ups are in the past tense once this story gets going.

Mack is an undercover cop and ex-Marine who is deep in the closet. He grew up on his own and lived a to
Donna
Sep 20, 2012 Donna rated it really liked it
Cop and former Marine Mack grew up on the streets and has never had a relationship longer than the 6 months he has had his rescue dog Kiki. When Mack spies the new guy on a bust gone bad the chemistry is instant. Mack doesn’t mess where he works or even in the same town. But damn new guy Woody Kane is hot. Woody has had the total opposite upbringing. He comes from a close knit family who know and support the fact that he is gay. Woody knows who he is and what he wants. He recently got out of a ...more
Veronica /  V
Feb 06, 2012 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I really liked this story.
Mack was so deep in the closet that sometimes he behaved very inappropriate.
I understood why he behave like that, his whole life was a constant battle, and he really needed someone like Woody, to help him to fixed his issues.
I love the sensuality of this book, the sex scenes were divine, and even before they had sex, those inner thoughts were so steamy, I thought this guys were going to burn the sheets once they got together.
Woddy was such a lovely, sexy ch
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Janice Somers
Janice Somers rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2015
Cecelia Jones
Cecelia Jones rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2013
Kay
Kay rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2012
Julie
Julie rated it did not like it
Apr 23, 2012
Gwenvel
Gwenvel rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2015
Fina
Fina rated it liked it
Apr 13, 2013
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2012
Amber
Amber rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Rylee rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2015
Morgana
Raquel
Raquel rated it liked it
Feb 10, 2012
Chanell
Chanell rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2014
Dana
Dana rated it really liked it
Sep 10, 2016
Kiki
Kiki rated it it was ok
Mar 18, 2012
Arzu
Jan 27, 2012 Arzu rated it liked it
3,5 stars
Tara
Tara rated it really liked it
Jun 08, 2012
Mary Tillman
Mary Tillman rated it liked it
May 14, 2012