Start by marking “Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic, #2)
Preview

Fairy Blues (Songs of Magic #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  27 reviews
The sequel to Fairy Metal Thunder.

With their enchanted instruments charming the crowds, the Assorted Zebras attract interest from record producers, and soon they’re off to cut their first album and music video. Jason and his friends don’t know they’ve just become pawns in a sinister plot by a cabal of evil fairies...

Meanwhile, Aoide and her band pursue a new strategy for r
Published January 20th 2012 by www.jlbryanbooks.com

To ask other readers questions about Fairy Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairy Blues

Mimi Valentine
***Giveaway of book one on my blog HERE!!***

Three words to describe this book: fun, fantastic, and absolutely BRILLIANT. This book is exactly why I love self-published authors. Fairy Blues was just so filled with those smiling-inducing moments you love to read about, and I couldn't get enough!

Picking up where the first book left off (after the attack of a unicorn/dragon), the Assorted Zebras — just your average teenage garage band who happen to have a bunch of magical fairy instruments on their
Kelly
I really enjoyed book 1 of this series (although there were moments where I wanted to shake some sense into those poor kids... that's the mom in me, I think), so when I started book 2 I was pretty darn excited to see where J.L. Bryan was going to take us. I'm so happy to be able to say that he didn't disappoint. The world of Faerie is just as twisty and odd as I was hoping it would be, Jason and his cohorts are just digging themselves in deeper and deeper with those magical instruments, and the ...more
Jenni Arndt
You can read all of my reviews at Alluring Reads.

From The Depressed Cypresses to the hungry, giant jack-o-lanterns, Fairy Blues steps up the creativity and continues a great series. The follow up to Fairy Metal Thunder gives us a more in depth look at the enchanting Faerie world and fleshes out the great characters that I have come to love. The imagination that went into writing these novels absolutely stuns me. J.L. Bryan has created a world that isn't choppy or seems misplaced, it feels real a
Jeff
This was a continuation of the story that was begun in Fairy Metal Thunder. J.L. Bryan has a fun imagination and a nice sense of humor.

In Fairy Blues, the story picks up right where it left off at the end of Thunder. The kids in the band suddenly start getting contract offers, first from a small-time label, then, suddenly, they get an offer from one of the biggest labels in the world, Malarkay Records.

In the meantime, Queen Mab and her flunkies continue to search for the missing instruments, e
I just have to say that this book was magically delicious. I didn’t think it could get any better than book one but I was mistaken. This book had action, humor, and leprechauns. Did you hear me? Leprechauns. I just loved that JL Bryan added leprechauns to the enchanting mix. That right there put a smile on my face. Who doesn’t love a leprechaun?

The book picks up right where the first one ended. There is a lot going on within the band and also with outside forces plotting against them. It is lik
Rebecca
I am such a big fan of the Songs of Magic series! Fairy Blues flows flawlessly from the first book in this series Fairy Metal Thunder, which I loved. I think I may have had even more fun with Fairy Blues than I did with Fairy Metal Thunder, if that is possible.

Jason and his band mates continue to be in trouble up to their eyeballs whether they have the sense to recognize it or not. As Fairy Blues begins They are all recovering from what happened at the end of Fairy metal blues.

Jason lifted his t
Heather
****May contain one spoiler if you haven't read Fairy Metal Thunder****
And so the story continues...and it's good!! I really enjoyed the parts of the story that took place in Faerie as Aoide and her band mates walk from Sidhe City through The Haunted Lands and to a small town that might still exist to see if they can get help from Banshee wolves. But no one has ever been able to control a Banshee Wolf. But again, the world Bryan has built is so interesting and different from any of the other Fae
Jessica Bronder
The Assorted Zebra’s are have been selected to fly to Ireland and have Marlarkay records produce their music. But this is not going as everyone expected. Some band members don’t mind the changes while others are having a tougher time adjusting to all the changes. And it seems that the contract that they should have read is more binding than they originally thought. We start to see that there is something special about Erin, especially when other fairies are talking about her possibly causing pro ...more
Anjana
Let me re-introduce to you the awesomeness of J.L. Bryan. I've said this before and I'm saying it again, if you haven't read his The Paranormals trilogy yet, you need to get your hands on it, like right now. After that, you need to get your hands on his Songs of Magic series. I came across his books on Amazon randomly last year and loved his writing. You know how among the zillion self-published books available online, there are those very very rare finds that are both exceptional and amazing at ...more
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Fairy Blues is the second book in the Songs Of Magic series and picks up straight where Fairy Metal Thunder ended so you are straight back into the action. The Assorted Zebras are still together, recovering from a dragon attack and a rise in the popularity ladder. They are still in possession of the magical instruments and Grizlemore is still hanging around, unable to return home withouttheinstruments. After their amazing concert they are offered a contract with Squid Ink Records, but turn it do ...more
Shirley
Okay, you know how when you get to the end of the first book in a series and you want more, but you also have memories of the second book in a series not living up to the first? Well, there’s no need to have that fear when you pick up Fairy Blues. J.L. Bryan’s second book in his Songs of Magic Series. That’s because Fairy Blues is just as good, if not better! In Fairy Metal Thunder we were given the premise and introduced to all the characters. In Fairy Blues those characters found their ‘voice’ ...more
Missy Kirtley
While there were a couple of bits and pieces from the first in the Songs of Magic series that I felt were a little choppy, or perhaps a little slow, this installment in the series took off and kept flying. I was turning pages from start to finish, enjoying the adventure that the characters were taking me on. It's interesting to see where the antagonists are as well as knowing (or assuming) where our plucky hero and heroine are going.

What really sold it for me in this novel, though, was the endin
Aimeekay
Jason, Erin, Dred and Mitch are back. This rollicking ride picks up right were the first left off. The Assorted Zebras decide to sign contracts with the Malarkay records. Owned by Andrew Malarkay, the richest man in the world. Queen Mab is even madder then ever since the elf and unicorn/dragon she sent to retrieve the instruments failed miserably. She decides to turn the job over to the dullahans that guard the fairy gates between the worlds. But some of the dullahans have other plans.
While the
Annabelle Marie Veronica
****FINAL RATING: 4.40 STARS****

CATCHALL
I loved Fairy Metal Thunder, but Fairy Blues was even better! More action, more drama, more romance—more everything. It went up and down and had such an awesome plot. I couldn't bear to put it down for a minute. I always needed to know what happened next. It was an absolutely amazing book and I loved every second of it.

THE HERO
JASON
I liked Jason more in this book than in the last for sure. I'm not sure why, exactly, but overall I feel like he worked h
(Source: I received a digital copy of this book for free on a read-to-review basis. Thanks to J. L. Bryan.)
This is the second book in the ‘songs of magic’ series, and kicks off where the first book left off.
Assorted Zebras have played their first real concert, and defeated a unicorn/ dragon. Now they’re on to a bigger challenge – finding an agent and signing a record deal.
The fairies haven’t stopped trying to get the magical instruments back though, and now several different groups are trying to
Heather
Fairy Blues picks up where Fairy Metal Thunder left off-- with bandmates Jason, Dred, Mitch, and Erin recovering from their epic festival gig that was topped off with an battle to the death with a shapeshifting unicorn/dragon. Their popularity is still soaring due to social media and their fans, and now they've been offered not one, but two record deals. But do they take the deal with the closer to home Indie label and have more artistic freedom, or should they go with the mega-label that is res ...more
Loretta
Posted Here:

J. L. Bryan has such great talent when it comes to creating a great story. Every book that I have read from him has pulled me into that world, and made me fall in love with the characters. The Songs Of Magic series has done just that. Fairy Metal Thunder which was the 1st book was so fresh and fun, and I could not wait to continue on with this series.
Fairy Blues was amazing. It for me was so much more then I was expecting. I felt apart of this
Aeicha
Actual Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

I’m always hesitant when it comes to sequels, afraid that they won’t live up to the awesomeness of their predecessors. But Fairy Blues by J.L. Bryan quickly squashed my fears by turning out to be a wonderfully fun and entertaining second volume in the Songs of Magic series…and, in my opinion, not only living up to the awesomeness of Fairy Metal Thunder, but surpassing it.

MY BRIEF SUMMARY
Fairy Blues picks up where Fairy Metal Thunder leaves off, and we find the Assorted
Mary Lou Moench
Albert (my son) and I have continued this series as a read-aloud in the car on our way to and from work.
We're back with The Assorted Zebras, Jason, Mitch, Erin, and 'Dred. This second book in the series picks up right where FAIRY METAL THUNDER left off. The Zebras have been offered a record contract! Once the contracts are all signed, they’ll be going to Ireland and creating a video. What kind of trouble could they get into doing that, right?

We have continued to love this series. Both of us were
Kristi-The Book Faery
I have never ever been disappointed in anything JL Bryan writes and The Songs of Magic series is no exception! After finishing Fairy Blues - the second book in The Songs of Magic series, it just enhanced my love of Jeff's one-of-a-kind originality with his supreme creativity and fantastic writing skills that forever enchant me!

Jeff's books are of the 'I can't put it down' quality-from their awesomely distinctive covers to the exceptional excellence inside-I am always held captive by his smooth
Shey Wicklund
Very engaging and good for light reading.
Amy Strickland
This book was a great middle the the series. There were times where it plugged along that I would have liked more description of some of the fantastical things, but overall it was entertaining, funny, and left me ready for the next book.
Alexa (Pages of Forbidden Love)
I swear I have no idea where JL Bryan even comes up with this! It is like being Alice in Wonderland for all the crazy stuff that happens. Can't wait to dive into Fairystruck.
Ciara1973
Please see my review of Fairy Magic Thunder. I didn't know my Kindle edition also contained book two: Fairy Blues. I wrote the review on book one and two. Thank you!
J.M. Pierce
Book two kept the fun going. There is a lot of foreshadowing going on and I'm anxious to see where it all leads.
DEANNA POLING
DEANNA POLING is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2015
Annie Lally
Annie Lally marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Estefany
Estefany marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2015
  • Shift (The Protector, #2)
  • Everlife
  • Masters of the Veil (The Veil Trilogy #1)
  • The Fate of the Muse (Marina's Tales, #3)
  • Severance (Volition, #2)
  • The Progeny (The Progeny #1)
  • The Gathering Darkness
  • Treehugger (Based on a Dream, #1)
  • Heavenly Killers (Roseville Vampires, #1)
  • Dark Genesis (The Darkling Trilogy, #1)
  • Fearless
  • Counting From Ten
  • Shimmerspell (The Shimmer Trilogy, #1)
  • Normalish
  • Are You Positive?
  • Zombie Nights
  • Under the Blue (Blue, #1)
  • Bridger (Bridger, #1)
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more
More about J.L. Bryan...

Songs of Magic (6 books)
  • Fairy Metal Thunder (Songs of Magic, #1)
  • Fairystruck (Songs of Magic, #3)
  • Fairyland (Songs of Magic, #4)
  • Fairyvision (Songs of Magic, #5)
  • Fairy Luck (Songs of Magic #6)
Jenny Pox (The Paranormals, #1) Tommy Nightmare (The Paranormals, #2) Alexander Death (The Paranormals, #3) Jenny Plague-Bringer (The Paranormals, #4) Fairy Metal Thunder (Songs of Magic, #1)