Start by marking “Tomorrow Sucks” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow Sucks

Tomorrow Sucks

3.13  ·  Rating Details  ·  31 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
From the streets of old London to the squalid fleshpots of Mars, from the Russian steppes to the gleaming decks of interplanetary spaceships, a new breed of bloodsucker is on the loose. These scientific vampires stalk through time and space in search of prey, both human and otherwise. And not even Dracula was more deadly.
Published May 23rd 2011 by Fall River Press (first published February 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow Sucks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow Sucks

Christal
This was a nice little ensemble of SF Vampire short stories from an array of authors giving us a little nibble from across the spectrum of SF subgenres. The closest to the more popular and classic horror vampire stories would be Pillar of Fire from the timeless Ray Bradbury, Kaeti's Nights by Keith Roberts, and Fleas by Dean Ing.

Want to mix in Vampires and Aliens? Try And Not Quite Human by Joe Hensley. Or maybe a twist around on I Am Legend involving the vampires being aliens? There is Vanishin
Dan Keating
A classic super genre-y paperback if ever there was one, "Tomorrow Sucks" does not house any groundbreaking works of literature, nor does it contain any particularly revelatory stories. On the other hand, it doesn't contain anything that's really schlock, and while none of the stories are going to change your life, they do make for engaging and entertaining reads.

The collection brings together a range of science fiction stories that deal with vampirism. The theme is a relatively loose one, with
Rebecca
Jan 04, 2013 Rebecca rated it really liked it
This combined two of my favorite things: vampires and science fiction! There was such variety in the plots and writing styles. I enjoyed The Man Who Loved the Vampire Lady that proposed the idea that vampires cannot invent. I was excited to learn that the story was developed into a novel. I look forward to reading it. Some of the other enjoyable stories were Vanishing Breed and Leechcraft. The first dealt with vampires being aliens and creating vampire-human hybrids. It was definitely an angle I ...more
Lori
Aug 03, 2012 Lori rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a collection of short stories about Vampires written by authors (Ray Bradbury for one) decades ago. Some stories were really good and I wanted to read more, others not so much. I skipped over one story entirely because it was written in old English style. I hate reading books like that. But it was interesting to read different story lines dealing with Vampires.
Amanda
This is a random collection of science-fiction vampire stories that I scored for $2 at B&N. I wasn't expecting much of it, but there were some real gems. The idea is that these are futuristic vampires -- you get stories that are hidden classics from sci-fi. I only found two of them to be weak, and that's mostly because I don't care for time travel (in books).
Kelly Wagner
Mixed bag of vampire stories older and newer - for values of "newer" that reflect the publication date of 1994, which is now nearly 20 years ago. This is one of the many volumes of Steve's vast vampire collection that I saved to read, and now I've done it, so it can get given away. Only a couple hundred more to go from this batch!
Fern
Jan 21, 2015 Fern rated it liked it
A nice little anthology about scientific vampires. Out of the 11 stories, I really liked 4. Pilar of Fire by Ray Bradbury, The Man Who Loved the Vampire Lady by Brian Stableford, Pyotr's Story by Spider Robinson, and Leechcraft by Susan Petrey. Might be worth a read, if you're really into vampires. My favorite was Leechcraft.
Dec 05, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
A great collection of SF vampire stories, with no sparkling vampires in sight! Different takes on the form and manner of the legend, all thought-provoking in their own way. I highly recommend this book for the serious vampire fan.
Tonya
Honestly, there were only two, possibly three stories in this anthology that I enjoyed. Even those weren't enjoyable enough to make the read worth it.
Roger
Roger added it
Jan 25, 2016
Bart Hill
Bart Hill is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2016
Elizabeth Cherry
Elizabeth Cherry rated it it was ok
Oct 21, 2015
Tom Van Boening
Tom Van Boening marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2015
Joel Gomes
Joel Gomes marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2015
Åsa
Åsa marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
May 10, 2015
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Rt
Rt added it
Dec 19, 2014
Mariel
Mariel marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2014
Kyra
Kyra added it
May 23, 2014
Michael Albanese
Michael Albanese marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Steve
Steve marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Terry
Terry marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2014
Peter Centorcelli
Peter Centorcelli marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2013
Armando Fernandez
Armando Fernandez marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
wenchiebrat
wenchiebrat marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2013