Start by marking “Kara's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kara's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #1)

Kara's Wolves (Wolf Masters #1)

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  1,839 ratings  ·  85 reviews
Kara Shepherd is about to compete in her last gymnastics meet and graduate from college. A week before graduation, her roommates drag her out to a country bar to live a little before entering the real world. She has no idea the course her future is on is about to take a sharp turn.

Justin Masters and his lifelong friend, Trevor Shields, share everything from their home to t
Published January 5th 2015 by Hartwood Publishing (first published January 22nd 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kara's Wolves, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kara's Wolves

Colters' Woman by Maya BanksTheir Virgin Captive by Shayla BlackColters' Lady by Maya BanksTheir Virgin's Secret by Shayla BlackTheir Virgin Concubine by Shayla Black
Best Menage à Quatre Books
69th out of 210 books — 300 voters
A Table for Three by Lainey ReeseStay with Me by Maya BanksTheir One and Only by Trista Ann MichaelsTheir Virgin Captive by Shayla BlackHotter Than Ever by Elle Kennedy
Ménage à Trois
82nd out of 289 books — 196 voters

More lists with this book...

Carolyn F.
Kara goes to the bar with her roommates who think she needs to live a little before college ends. There she meets Justin who is freaked out because with one whiff he can tell that she's his mate. The only problem is Trevor, his best friend that he usually shares women with. How is Trevor going to handle this? The answer is pissed, because he thinks Justin made out with his mate. Ta da- they're both her mate.

This book tries to get serious with a stalker guy thrown in, but the dialogue in that par
Hot chic walks into a bar and meets alpha hot shifter stud #1. He brings her back home to meet his best friend. They all instantly have the hots and fall in love. Enter bitter evil wolf with a chip on his shoulder and an axe to grind. He now wants to kill our hot studs and make chicky his. Drama ensue.

It is your typical erotica shape shifter story, nothing new to see. If you like thin plot devices, no character development, and typical ménage positions, then this book is for you.
Stars: 4

Overall: Amazing! This book was such a wild and sexually romantic ride.

Characters: Kara ; Justin & Trevor

Page Turner: Yes

Series Cont: Yes!

Recommend: Yes!

Anyone who reads my reviews knows that I am a hardass when it comes to the writing. I don't care how great or how original your storyline is (although in this case the plot was neither), if your writing isn't good, I am not going to finish the book, and you are going to get a poor rating.

The writing, both narration and dialogue, throughout this book was unrealistic and did not flow smoothly at all. The fact is young adults do not use words like " I am thoroughly exhausted", they say "I'm friggi
Justin Masters and best friend Trevor Shields had always hoped they would be in their thirties before they found their mate, but at 28 Justin can't believe she has just walked through the door. His feelings for the beauty are conflicted as the tiny gymnast is everything he could have hoped but it also means that his friend Trevor will be on his own without a mate.

Trevor knows the scent he is smelling when he walks through the door is his mate, what has him going crazy is why it is all over his
The immature sounding dialogue kept me from getting interested in this story. Quitting at page 50.
Jessica Weissenburger
I've found that the more books I read the higher my standards seem to be going. Needless to say I wasn't overly impressed with this book and I couldn't find the interest to muster through the final 50 pages or so. I broke down the main elements that make a good story and "graded" the story's use of them.

Characterization: There was very little development and what little characterization the author included was unoriginal or incredibly dull. For instance, Kara was very average in appearance, she
Jackie (Literary Escapism)
If you’re looking for an erotic romance and are not sure what book to open, I would definitely recommend picking up the first book in the Wolf Masters series. Even with the trend of not following through with the outside conflict, I never once hesitated from opening up the next book in the series.

Read my full review on August 12th here.
It is a known fact that author take certain liberties with stories. With that knowledge, sometimes the reader is asked to suspend their belief system to accommodate these liberties. I'm good with that, obviously, since if I wanted a reality based read I wouldn't exactly be reading fiction romance wolf shifter books.

Unfortunately in this book, it wasn't the paranormal aspect that I had to suspend my belief with - it was the human aspect of the book that was completely and utterly unbelievable.

It's ok 2.5 to 3 stars.

Justin Masters is a shifter and he's in no hurry to find his mate, at twenty-eight years old he's happy with his life as it is, along with his best friend Trevor they share women, they live together and run a dairy farm together so Justin finding his mate could have devastating consequences but she's here and there's nothing he can do about it now.
Kara is a gymnast and she does nothing but work so her best friends drag her out for a night and she's unbelievably attracted t
I require a lot for a shifter book to keep me company now. And Becca Jameson has hit all the marks. Finding her is quite a surprise, and being able to meet her soon makes my day.

Kara is finishing her degree, finishing her gymnastic career and wondering where the heck she's going to go from here. The night she enters the bar, her life changes with the meeting of Justin.

Justin is out for a Friday night, just like any rancher in the area, enjoying a beer with a friend and scoping out the girls. Wh
Damn, i'm not into menage and supernatural. Damn this book, for changing my direction towards it. I can't fight it, can't stop read this, can't deny how i love the story and the sex. This is the book i will forever remember, because this book, now... i'm into menage. About the supernatural, after this book i'm trying to read other supernatural erotic book, but they just fail me. This book, the story, the sex, is totally HOT and GREAT. They deserve great review and i give it. XOXO
Ms. Phoenix
So this book was ok and I can't really pinpoint ecactly why it didn't float my boat. But what I can day is after about the 100th time saying they share women. Might slightly be exaggerating here but I got the point that they shared women. I don't really know if I want to continue in the series yet. This is just my personal opinion so happy reading peeps.
Great story

Kara is about to graduate college and her friends talk her into going to a bar. As soon as she walks in Justin, a wolf shifter, knows he has found his mate. He's worried about his best friend Trevor because they have always shared women. Trevor has lived with Justin and his family since he was five when his parents were killed. As soon as Trevor comes home, he knows Justin has been with his mate. Justin is glad that they will be both sharing Kara. Kara doesn't understand the feelings
Nothing too deep or ground moving. That's ok, I didn't expect anything. Fast read and good pace
Fantastic read, super engaging!

What a great book! I loved the characters, they were complex and yet easy to relate to. Kara's relationship with her friends was solid and she was very likeable. The plot was interesting and the story flowed steadily. The evil dude and the twists were surprising but served to create added depth to the storyline. The love scenes were really well written, with detail and simplicity. The growing love between Kara and her wolves was inevitable but beautiful to read abo

Definitely a 5 star rating. I've noticed lately in some of the books I've been reading, you can read about the hot sex, but no story line. Some have the story line but no connection between the people involved. There was definitely a connection between Justin, Kara and Trevor as well as hot sex; and a story line that kept you interested throughout the entire book. If you enjoy a book with shifters, then this is a must read book for you. Guaranteed to grab your attention from the beginning
Two hot wolves...what's not to love?
4 stars

This was a good story. I liked Kara, Justin and Trevor and their story was very enjoyable. I actually read book #2 in the series first and it made me curious about book #1 so I decided to try it.

Kara is a gymnast and is getting ready to graduate form college with a teaching degree. She has parents she loves and friends but she doesn't date much as she's too busy between gymnastics and classes. A week before graduation, Kara roommates convince her to go out to a bar much to Kara's dismay.

Heather Wiese
Kara is an education major finishing up her senior year in college. Her friends convince her to go out to a country bar instead of studying for finals and for once, she caves. As soon as she walks into the bar Justin, a wolf-shifter, recognizes her as his mate. He isn't too happy about it at first (he isn't ready to settle down), but then he sees her and game over. Since she is human though he is going to have to figure out how to break the news to her that she is a mate to a werewolf. After dan ...more
Julie Ramsey
Kara's Wolves (book 1)

Kara, a gymnasts at the end of her career and also at the end of her time at college. Is looking to the future, as a teacher. She has had a couple short romance in the past but has been more into her gymnastics than men. So, when her 2 best friends, talk her into going clubbing, she goes reluctantly.

Justin and Trever, best friends and raised as brothers, have been sharing women for years. They have always known, as wolves, they would come across their mates and that would b
This series has been fun to read. Getting to know all the Masters family and extended family. Kara is a spitfire that knows her mind and is very independent; that is until she met Justin and Trevor. Kara is human while Justin and Trevor are wolf shifters so they are opening a whole new world to Kara of their life as well as a menage relationship. Justin and Trevor had shared women and always assumed when either met their mate they would have to stop; lucky for them nature had a different plan an ...more
Crystal's Many Reviewers
Sharing women is nothing new for Justin and Trevor; it’s something that has happened many times in the past. Their fear that they wouldn’t be able to share their mates though, is something that they don’t have to worry about now. Being in the bar when Kara walks in, Justin’s wolf makes it well known that Kara is his mate, and the urge to claim her starts to set in.
Waiting for her graduation to come around so she can enter the real world, Kara’s friends take her to the bar. When she sees Justin
gwendolyn Robin
Three's Company

To just think about falling into a world you know nothing about. Two men BFF's fall for the same girl. She doesn't know what to think. One she met at a club. He took her home to meet his best friend. Finds out they're both mated to the same woman. Not having a problem with sharing they set out to find true happiness only to discover someone is stalking her and trying to kill the best friend
Shape shifters story

I normally don't read these types but this was actually really good. Justin and Trevor found their mate in Kara. Good thing since they have been inseparable since they were boys and they do share everything.
A rogue shape shifter is out to take their mate for vengeance. They have to stop him before he takes what they cannot live without.
Good Start, but

It was a good start, but I kept getting angry at Kara. She kept just going along with everything instead of asserting her wants.

And Trevor was just too dominating. I found him to be very selfish. "Does she know we won't allow her continue?"

Still a decent book, but if this is how the rest of the series will be like I'm gonna pass.
it was hot, sexy, and quite steamy. I enjoyed the story.

the "hon's" and "babes" got to be a bit much. they loved her like mad, couldn't they come up with some better pet names for her? but that was the only thing about this story that I noticed I wasn't crazy about .

and with that said, everytime they freaked out when she did gymnastics.. was hysterically cute.
Patricia Randolph
Ok story.

Nothing unusual about it. Very light read. Likable characters. But bland story line. Very predictable plot and while liked the characters I found the story line dull. The steam was there but not well integrated to the story, as if put in because it was expected.
Susan Otto
Awesome and sexy storyw

This story is about two friends who are wolves and mate to a human. She also has a stalker who is a sharpshooter wolf. He is bent on revenge and want her. The language is sexy, explicit, and very graphic. It will remain in your memory.
S. Otto
Tonia Rodriguez
This was super HOT. The sex is panty melting hott. Here's why the rating is so low though. There is almost no chemistry between the Hs/h. I mean yes they are fated to mate. But it doesn't have to be insta love. Overall a very good book and a decent side story/ villainous plot.
  • SWAT Team Two and Miss Robin Hood (The Men of Five-0, #2)
  • Alphas' Mate
  • Falke's Peak (Puma Nights, #1)
  • Keira's Wolf Saviors (Pack Law, #2)
  • Wild Love (Werewolves of Forever, Texas #1)
  • Winter of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #2)
  • Maggie's Mates
  • Suddenly Wolf (Suddenly Wolf, #1)
  • Dances with Wolves (Highland Wolves, #1)
  • Battered Not Broken
  • Claiming Her Geeks
  • Edwina and the Seven Snowed-in Scientists
Becca Jameson lives in Atlanta, Georgia. When she isn’t writing, she can be found reading, editing, scrapbooking, running, swimming, biking, or taxiing kids. After enjoying several years on the editing side of the business, she decided to give writing a try. Now she can’t stop! And the voices in her head are clamoring to get out faster than she can get them onto “paper”. Becca writes both contempo ...more
More about Becca Jameson...

Wolf Masters (6 books)
  • Lindsey's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #2)
  • Jessica’s Wolves (Wolf Masters, #3)
  • Alyssa's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #4)
  • Tessa's Wolf (Wolf Masters Book 5)
  • Rebecca's Wolves (Wolf Masters #6)
Come (The Fight Club #1) Lindsey's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #2) Jessica’s Wolves (Wolf Masters, #3) Tarnished (Wolf Gatherings, #1) Alyssa's Wolves (Wolf Masters, #4)

“Come on.” Lindsey pinned her gaze on Kara. “It’s already almost nine o’clock.” Lindsey looked at home in her own newly purchased duds. Every curve molded to get the best effect from her tight blue jeans and skimpy tank top. There was nothing wrong with Kara’s look, but at five feet she was six to seven inches shorter than her friends and looked much younger than her age.” 0 likes