Start by marking “Haunted” as Want to Read:
Haunted

Haunted (The Horror Diaries #1-5)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  9 reviews
When darkness falls and the air turns cold, ghosts come out to play. Heather Beck presents Haunted, an anthology of ghostly encounters and paranormal events. *Haunted contains The Horror Diaries Volumes 1-5.

Ghost Park
After discovering a mysterious playground in the woods, Chase is stalked by angry ghost children.

A Haunting Past
Truce’s class trip to an old native reserve tu
Published 2010 by Treasure Cove Books

To ask other readers questions about Haunted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Haunted

Julianna
Mar 15, 2011 Julianna rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids Who Like Scary Stories
Reviewed for THC Reviews
Ghost Park Ghost Park was a nice little story that was slightly creepy without being too scary. I liked that the main character, Chase, was interested in preserving the environment while still being sympathetic to her dad's plight of needing a job. I thought Ghost Park also had a great message about how important it can be to let go of the hurts of the past in order to get on with living life. Overall, it was probably my favorite story in the anthology and a pretty en
Pennie
I must admit, my favorite genre is the horror/ghost stories and this collection of supernatural nail biting and knee knocking suspense is not for the weary. Don't say I didn't warn you...

Five tales of unimaginative and spine tingling pleasure - The most enjoyable story in this collection would have to be 'The Manor on the Rock'.
Quote: "The Rockville citizens didn't understand it either, after all, how many elderly people can throw a middle-aged woman off a cliff?
Positive the boy was in grave, p
Anila Hoxha
This was an interesting light horror read. It wasn’t that bone-chilling, or extremely scary, but it was quite interesting. The stories started getting creepier, and honestly I don’t know if that was what the author intended. The book starts with a not-so-scary story, but as the stories go on, I see some rising of the creepy factor. If this book was read by a normal reader, he would have found it incredibly scary, but for a horror lover not so much. I actually enjoyed the last story.

All these sto
Lenore Wolfe
Ghost Park is about a young girl who wishes to save a piece of land that is to be turned into a large, chain shopping center. She wishes that her father would not be part of the destruction of this land, but her father needs the job--and her family needs the money.

However, when two young ghosts show her their parents grave and lock her in a ship, hidden from human eyes, Chase learns a lesson of a different kind--one that just might change her mind.

I loved, A Haunted Past, where Truce becomes eme
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://aurorareviews.blogspot.com/201...

Are you afraid of the dark? This book will give you five great reasons to pull the covers over your head if you’re not doing so already.

“A Haunting Past” starts out a little slow but it quickly builds up steam. The twist at the end wasn’t something I had anticipated and more than makes up for the rocky beginning. I was also surprised to see Truce getting help in his battle against Bear from an unexpected source. The relationship betwe
Alysia
What a great collections of storied about things that go bump in the night. I enjoy ghost stories and anything scary. This book is great you should see which one or maybe all the stories in it that are your favorite. * I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*
Purfectcom2
Let`s just say I do love ghost stories.My favorites were Ghost Park and The Manor on the rocks. What can I say I like creepy kids.Stories were well written not too long and not too short. They kept my attention and I never knew what was going to happen next.This group of short stories would be good for anyone who likes a good ghost story.
Lady Rogue
Considering my own kids are grown up, I haven't taken the time to read many children novels lately. But when I read this book, it brought back memories of my own childhood. You know the ones about that one creepy house that all your friends dare you to go into or perhaps you were told one of the local urban legends that kept you up at night. Haunted held that essence of creepy within its pages. Five short stories filled with fantasy, legend, and horror and written in a fun and fast pace that wil ...more
Bb Reviews
Haunted is a riveting collection of spine-chilling ghost stories. It’s a creepy and surprisingly fun read. My favourite story is “The Manor On The Rocks” because it was so scary and had tons of plot twists that kept me guessing who was the real ghost. I highly recommend this book to people who love fun, scary and imaginative stories.
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2015
Alaa
Alaa marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Mitebsyco
Mitebsyco marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Autumn
Autumn marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
P.J. Roscoe
P.J. Roscoe marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
Stefanie
Stefanie marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2015
Brent Smith
Brent Smith marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Sherryann Motilal
Sherryann Motilal marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Dolly Carter
Dolly Carter marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Brandy Searles
Brandy Searles marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2013
J. Giggles
J. Giggles marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2013
Sangr1a
Sangr1a marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2011
Heather Beck is a Canadian Author and Screenwriter who began writing professionally at the age of sixteen. Since then she has written eleven well-reviewed books, including the bestselling series, The Horror Diaries, which has sold in six continents.

Heather received an Honors Bachelor of Arts degree from university where she specialized in English and studied an array of disciplines. Currently, she
More about Heather Beck...

The Horror Diaries (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Ghost Park (The Horror Diaries Vol.1)
  • A Haunting Past (The Horror Diaries, #2)
  • Rockville (The Horror Diaries, #3)
  • A Medieval Nightmare (The Horror Diaries, #4 )
  • A Watery Grave (The Horror Diaries, #5)
  • Gnome Genome (The Horror Diaries, #6)
  • Cold Territory (The Horror Diaries, #7)
  • A Weird Twist Of Fate (The Horror Diaries, #8)
  • Kingdom Of Sugar (The Horror Diaries, #9)
  • The Secret Oracle Of An Egyptian King (The Horror Diaries, #10)
Frostbitten Sir Tristan's Estate (Legends Unleashed, #1) Where Feelings Go To Die (Legends Unleashed, #8) A Medieval Nightmare (The Horror Diaries, #4 ) A Watery Grave (The Horror Diaries, #5)