Start by marking “Recipes For Disaster” as Want to Read:
Recipes For Disaster

Recipes For Disaster

Sexilicious Romantic Comedy Combined with Fab, Fun Recipes

She's a single. He's a widower. She wants him. He wants her. She wants to impress. So does he. There's just one catch – she can't cook. To get him, she needs to get past the big fish – his mother. Lucky her, she's got an Ace up her sleeve and all she's got to do is impress this one time. Bad luck, though, her new gu
Published February 1st 2012 by Safkhet Soul (first published January 24th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Recipes For Disaster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Recipes For Disaster

Patricia
May 14, 2012 Patricia rated it liked it
Cooks and non-Cooks - this book is for you!

A novel and a cookbook all in one!

My review is posted on my blog:

Please drop by my blog, and leave a comment or two!

All is appreciated!

Patricia
Stephanie Keyes
Aug 19, 2012 Stephanie Keyes rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I have to admit, that I am one of the last people to pick up a romance. I've just read so many of them that it's not my first genre of choice these days. However, one week, when I was sick and feeling particularly low, I really needed a lift. The lift came in the form of Recipes For Disaster by Sheryl Brown, which I'll admit had been on my TBR list must longer than it should have. Why? Because of my romance evasion.

The story is told from multiple angles, Lisa, Adam, and Becky, Lisa's close frien
BestChickLit.com
Mar 30, 2015 BestChickLit.com rated it it was amazing
Personally, I love a novel littered with recipes and Recipes for Disaster does not disappoint. Each one is unexpected and sure to get your mouth watering and boost your ego, as these are concoctions that anyone can create. Add into the mix a handsome man, an adorable dog and surely this is a recipe for perfection, not disaster?

Add one mamma’s boy and his mother from hell and the problems became all too clear. So what do you do when faced with a delectable man and his mother, who refuses to even
Carol W
Mar 17, 2012 Carol W rated it really liked it
Lisa has a new boyfriend, Adam, a police officer. Adam comes with an over-protective mother who cannot remember Lisa's name. Well she cannot compare to Adam's late wife Melissa, who was an excellant cook.

Adam and his mother believe Lisa is a great cook after a misunderstanding. Lisa believes she needs to keep up the charade to compare with Adam's great cooking skills and those of his late wife. Adam doesn't want Lisa to know he cannot cook to her standards. A recipe for disaster!

Lisa agrees to c
Silvana
Apr 05, 2012 Silvana rated it really liked it
Lisa is dating with Adam and she is desperate cooker. With help of her best friend Becky she prepares a diner for Adam and his mother. The pressure is on high level because Adam’s late wife was a brilliant cooker. After that Adam and his mother thinks that Lisa knows to cook very well.
Adam also feels a pressure to cook good to impress Lisa, because he thinks that Lisa is an expert in cookery.
In this confusion are Lisa’s little dog Rambo and Adam’s parrot Flint and on their behaviour I laughed
Linn Halton
Sep 16, 2012 Linn Halton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-comedy
More please!

This book is LITERALLY delicious! The recipes are well worth a try even if you aren't usually a dab hand in the kitchen - yes, I've tried one! I couldn't stop myself thinking that this book is a romantic comedy waiting to be turned into a TV sitcom. The characters are as zany as they come and you can't help but feel sorry for poor Adam - Lisa IS rather like a whirlwind and then there's his mother 'her Maj' ... But the person who really stole the show, and I have to say that the gorg
Lindsay (Little Reader Library)
Nov 08, 2012 Lindsay (Little Reader Library) rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantice
Lisa has met a lovely new man, Adam, the only snag is his mother Isabelle, so to try and win her round, Lisa offers to cater for Isabelle’s golf club event, but she can’t cook!

This is a light, humorous, sexy, entertaining story, with punchy, fast-paced dialogue, steamy romance, with the added ingredient of delicious recipes and pictures interspersed amongst, and incorporated into, the story. The addition of Lisa’s pet dog Rambo and Adam’s pet parrot Flint add to the humour and hilarity of the st
Sue Uden
Apr 27, 2012 Sue Uden rated it really liked it
Being a bit long in the tooth for cavorting in the kitchen with a man in a pinny, I have to confess that Recipes for Disaster is not the sort of book that I would normally have picked. But thanks to Sheryl's light and easy writing style and massive sense of comedy it was just the thing to lighten a rainy Sunday afternoon. Without giving out any spoilers I was relieved that all Lisa's tribulations were not in vain. But I do hope for her and Adam's sake that she will go on to cure Rambo's little p ...more
Victoria
Mar 17, 2012 Victoria rated it it was amazing
What a Delightfully Delicious Romp in the Kitchen

If you like to cook and love a little delectable romance, this book is perfect.

Lisa wants to impress Adam and he wants to impress her. Each thinks the other can cook and she agrees to cater an affair for his decidedly stiff and every-so-proper mother’s golf club.

Add in a spoonful of courage from Lisa’s best friend, Becky, who really is the behind the scenes cook, a generous cupful of a scrumptious photographer, who has his lens focused on Becky, a
Maureen Vincent-Northam
Feb 15, 2012 Maureen Vincent-Northam rated it really liked it
When Lisa sets out to make a good impression on Adam by providing the food for his mother’s golf do, one disaster strikes after another. What she hasn’t told Adam or his dragon of a mother is that she’s actually hopeless at cooking.

Will Lisa, helped out by her best friend - Becky, who’s having her own relationship calamities - win through? This book, told from three different viewpoints (Lisa, Becky and Adam), was a delight to read and so funny. Not simply a romantic romp but the recipes Becky s
Georgina Kamsika
May 08, 2012 Georgina Kamsika rated it really liked it
When Sheryl mentioned she was writing a rom com book stuffed with recipes, I must admit I had no idea how it'd work. Then I finally sat down with my kindle and devoured the book in one sitting! Such a great idea, mixing up these kind of ingredients - one lovable but insecure woman, one hot but nervous bloke, one annoying (potential) mother-in-law and one scruffy but cute dog. I'd say it's a recipe for success!

Throw in her fabulous best friend, and you've got comedy, tragedy and romance galore. I
Maggie
Feb 14, 2012 Maggie rated it it was amazing
Recipes for Disaster is a madcap comedic romance centered on a mutually attracted couple who can’t cook, and a big celebration they have to cook for. You can’t help but root for this pair to win the day, along with a mischievious Jack Russell named Rambo. Recipes are sprinkled liberally throughout the book, and I plan to try them out. I can’t wait for Sheryl’s next fun adventure.
Elle Amberley
Aug 02, 2012 Elle Amberley rated it it was amazing
A recipe for success! Very funny and full of recipes.
This was different from books I’ve read recently, I do like variety.
Currently reading the author’s latest novel.
Sophie
Jan 27, 2015 Sophie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

(actual rating 4.5)

Posted originally http://www.reviewedthebook.co.uk/2014...

Recipes for Disaster was sweet, light-hearted entertainment. Lisa and Adam’s story, along with pets Rambo and Flint, was completely bonkers and very funny. Sheryl’s writing is really charming and the humour and ridiculous scenarios she threw her characters into really appealed to me. This book had me laughing the whole way through.

The concept of Recipes for Disaster is to combine fiction with some tasty sounding recip
Kate
Sep 23, 2014 Kate rated it really liked it
Firstly I’d like to thank Janice from Loveahappyending for sending me this eBook to read and give an honest review. I always enjoy Sheryl’s books (previous reviews on my blog) and the idea of this one thoroughly intrigued me. I was curious to see if a cookbook within a story would work for me and if Sheryl could achieve the right balance of both elements.

Other than the recipes, one of the stand-out parts of this book was the comedy – I was laughing out loud after just a few pages at Lisa’s kitch
Nikki Bywater
Jun 28, 2014 Nikki Bywater rated it it was amazing
Take two people Lisa and Adam at the beginning of their relationship, mix together with an interfering, overprotective mum. Add one extremely lively Jack Russell named Rambo, and a pet parrot called Flint. Blend in a best friend; throw in some mayhem, madness and a misunderstanding, which leads to two hopeless cooks, Lisa and Adam doing the cooking for a fancy lunch at a golf club, bring to the boil with an extremely funny storyline that will have you laughing out loud.

This is wonderful, witty b
Lindsay
Aug 24, 2013 Lindsay rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was the first book passed to me for review by Love a Happy Ending so was keen to read what they'd recommend.

This is a light, easy quick rom com of a read intermingled with lots of recipes. Basically Lisa wants to impress new beau Adam and his mother with her culinary skills - unfortunately she doesn't have any and neither does he. The book revolves around this big do at the golf club that Lisa managed to get herself roped into catering and with the help of her best friend Becky we're given
Louise Graham
Jun 22, 2012 Louise Graham rated it really liked it
Sheryl has written a book, whilst short, it is packed with very funny lines and situations. All set over a couple of days with just a handful of characters, a dog and a parrot as desperate to get a Golf club dinner prepared by people that clearly can’t cook.

This is a classic do they get together or don’t they. Not helped by an interfering Mother and a crude Parrot and an over pampered pocket-sized pooch! Not being a dog lover, I would have happily locked the cat flat after Rambo went into the ga
Petra Rovere
Feb 18, 2014 Petra Rovere rated it it was amazing
What happens when two non-cookers brag about that they can cook? And they don't admit to each other this is a big fat lie?
And the reason for this are 'Her Maj' (his mother) and a 'gentle spirit in the sky' (his deceased wife.

Well if you are interested, you just have to take Recipes For Disaster into your hands and read for yourself. I guarantee you, even if you don't cook, you will just have to try some of the real and tasty recipes that are in the book.

The story is told by three people what ma
Carol
Mar 30, 2015 Carol rated it liked it
Normally my review falls in line with most others. However, I find this time that I must be out of the loop. The difficulties for me with this book were that sometimes I couldn't tell who was talking, and other times the scene was not set between one part and another. I had to guess at what had occurred, or where in time the book jump to. Its not that I couldn't figure those things out, so much as the story does not flow as well because you're either glimpsing back and rereading or confused and ...more
Kathy
Dec 08, 2012 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Sheryl did a wonderful job of combining the romantic comedy storyline with a cookbook venue. While intriguing I wasn't sure she would be able to carry it off but she did. The characters are interesting, the romances moved right along (wow!) and the recipes sound very delicious--just wish I had someone here to cook them for me! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and highly recommend anyone who enjoys a romantic comedy with a twist.

**Disclaimer** This book was given to me in exchange for an unbiased
Brian Pratt
Oct 18, 2012 Brian Pratt rated it it was amazing
When I came across this book I did not think that it was the type of book a guy would read, but how wrong can you be? A light but witty and observational book, it is a really excellent read and the recipes lie within it in a natural and complimentary way. We have tried out the Drunken Chicken thinking that there are no more chicken experiences to be had, but it was both different and delicious! Overall, an unexpected but great addition to the male bookshelf!
Louise K.
Fair enough for a cheap read, though I feel that including several recipes within the body of the story itself was more to push up the word count than add actual content. Also, there were several points where, as the POV switched, I wasn't certain who was narrating until I was several paragraphs into their section.
Heidi
Heidi rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2015
Cristina
Cristina rated it really liked it
Jul 08, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it did not like it
May 19, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Gordana
Gordana rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
William Banks
William Banks rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2012
Teresa Kumiyama
Teresa Kumiyama rated it really liked it
Nov 16, 2012
Chick Lit: Celebrating Launch Day! 3 27 May 05, 2012 12:27PM
Heartache, humour, love, loss & betrayal, I bring you sassy, sexy, heart-wrenching fiction. A member of the Crime Writers’ Association, Romantic Novelists’ Association and shortlisted for the Best Romantic e-book Love Stories Award 2015, I have several books published and two short stories in Birmingham City University anthologies, where I completed my MA in Creative Writing.
Recommended to th
More about Sheryl Browne...