Amanda's Blue Marine

Amanda's Blue Marine

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  102 ratings  ·  13 reviews
When Amanda Redfield, an assistant district attorney from a wealthy and prominent Philadelphia family, is being harassed by a mysterious stalker, she meets Brendan Kelly, the police detective assigned to her case. Smart and capable but deeply troubled, Kelly protects Amanda while he works to find her tormentor, but his disturbing presence and rogue behavior disrupt Amanda‘...more
Published January 2012

Lola4
This would be a great choice of a novel for people who like their romances with a well-developed and realistic plot as well as real and human characters. Both the H/h were likable and sympathetic and were both gutsy people trying to do the best the could with the hand they'd been dealt. Both characters had their share of problems and obstacles to overcome--Amanda trying to hold onto her independence while trying not to be overwhelmed by the machinations of her selfish control-freak mother and fi...more
Anna
This was a really good book.. it would have been great if she could have edited it a bit.. the story seemed to go on and on.
Rjsmommy
Brendan Kelly is an ex-marine now serial-dater police detective is assigned to Amanda's stalker case at the last minute. Amanda happens to be an ADA and her wealthy father is the police lt's golfing buddy. The stilted professional relationship between Kelly and Amanda quickly develops into something quite else but there's plenty of obstacles to overcome. These include finding Amanda's stalker, her fiancee the congressman, her wealthy and disapproving mother, Her father's business deal being tyin...more
SheLove2Read
Aug 10, 2012 SheLove2Read marked it as dnf
Shelves: 2012
"That kid is a computer whiz, like one of those people who can tell you whether or not it rained on March 10, 1945 but can't look you in the eye or tie their shoes."
"Autistic?"
"Right. Except Frank's not weird."

Being that my son is "one of those people" who has Autism, and being that he also cannot tie his shoes but is definitely NOT "weird", I choose to DNF this before I waste any more time. Sincerely hope this author considers sensitivity training before writing another book, even if it is "onl...more
Lynelle Clark
Loved the story.
Both main characters was sincere. I think what touched me the most was that the hero Brendon Kelly, the personification of what a man and hero must be also knew his weaknesses and was willing to admit and deal with it. Even if it meant that he had to seek professional help.
Amanda, the young lawyer saw through all the masculinity his heart and captured him. Enabling him to face the demons within. Beautifully written, and I can recommend it to all readers.
Kim
Aug 12, 2013 Kim rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013, kindle
This was in amongst all the freebies I downloaded onto my kindle when I first bought it. I have been pruning the books- but decided to give this one a try. A detective is assigned to make sure that a da's assistant is safe after she receives threatening messages. They fall for each other and she has to extricate herself from an engagement to a politician with links to her family.
107rinoNeko
BrendanはAmandaを頭が良いと思っていたが、彼がそう思っている間、一度もAmandaがそれを裏付ける理性的な行動を取らなかったため、全く信憑性がなかった。実際のところ後半に入るまで、Amandaの行動はいつも愚かしく、事態を悪化させるばかりだった。
それに、Amandaはいつまでも婚約者Tomと話をつけないままで、TomにもBrendanにも誠実ではなかった。彼女にはTomがお似合いよ!と何回も思った。
後半にBrendanが問題行動を見せ始めてからAmandaの事態が好転した。2人の同棲、結婚生活の様子はとても魅力的(同意できないが)だった。
余計なお世話だが、この作者は恋人の話を書くより夫婦の話を書いた方が良いのではないか。子持ち夫婦の私立探偵とか書いたら面白いのではないかと想像する。
Katie
This book feels like three short stories cut and pasted into a novel. Overly wordy at times, dull and uninteresting at others. Author needs significant work on dialog and internal character monologues. Points of this novel felt like someone trying to roll a baby carriage down a steep hill and losing grip - nowhere to go but downhill, to an ugly end.
Katie O'Connor
This was a lovely story. The characters were believable, and it cast a lot of light on the problems of post traumatic stress syndrome. I always enjoy a novel where the characters can see beyond the surface to the person who hides beneath.
A good read. (Though I wasn't fond of the title.)
Rachel Sides
This is the first book I've read by Malek. I read it on my Kindle so I don't know how many pages it was, but I felt like the story was over before it ended. It is the first book I've read with 2 epilogues.
Mackenzie Olsen
I really enjoyed the story, but not the author's writing style. She would randomly jump from Kelly's POV to Amanda's, and then would suddenly be from some random waitress's POV.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
May 18, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] marked it as to-read
Shelves: free, tbr-kindle
Free on Amazon 05/18/2012.
Shirley
A quick, light read.
Rettah
Rettah added it
Jun 28, 2014
Paulette Ransom
Paulette Ransom marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Beth Rylant
Beth Rylant marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Puerto Rican Princess
Puerto Rican Princess marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Lynn Nance
Lynn Nance marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Christine Peterson
Christine Peterson marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
aka Faye Morgan

{From Amazon} "I am Doreen Owens Malek, author of over forty books and lifelong fan of romantic fiction. I live in PA with my husband and college student daughter, a mini dachshund and a sun conyer parrot. I would like to tell you a little about myself.

I came to writing by a circuitous route, starting out as an avid reader of JANE EYRE and WUTHERING HEIGHTS and GONE WITH THE WIND a...more
More about Doreen Owens Malek...
An Indecent Marriage The Panther and the Pearl An Indian Affair Marriage In Name Only (Silhouette Intimate Moments, #620) A Marriage of Convenience (Western Lovers: Hitched in Haste #7)