Start by marking “Commitment ” as Want to Read:
Commitment

Commitment

Tom Sullivan wants a woman who is willing to accept him as he is. The successful divorce attorney has seen enough of the flip side of love to know better than to promise forever. Women have tried to pin him down, but none have managed to make it stick.

Until Maggie McCann.

Maggie is only interested in one thing. Her fortieth birthday is looming and the tick-tock-tick-tock in
Published January 22nd 2012 by Turquoise Morning Press (first published January 21st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Commitment, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Commitment

Blame It on the Brontes by Becky LowerTime and Forever by Susan B. JamesThe Road To Comfort by Becky LowerBeautiful Nightmare by Bella JuarezHanging by a Moment by Bella Juarez
Seasoned Romance
84th out of 247 books — 79 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireHopeless by Colleen HooverEasy by Tammara WebberSlammed by Colleen HooverThe Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
Best NA Romance
285th out of 383 books — 472 voters

More lists with this book...

Michelle Kelly
Jul 15, 2012 Michelle Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2012-read
Awesome story to end off my vacation!

We first meet Tom and Maggie in Margaret Ethridge's first book in the series, Contentment. (which I LOVED) They were both secondary characters in Contentment but not a couple at all. You don't have to read Contentment before reading Commitment as it can be read as a stand alone. (but you'd be denying yourself an awesome read)

I will admit that I am not a fan of pregnancy stories and I also don't think every romance need
Julie Doner
Jan 24, 2012 Julie Doner rated it it was amazing
Commitment is one of those books you start reading and you can't stop until you reach the end. Tom Sullivan is the quintessential bachelor; a cat that can't be caught by any woman, young or old. And Maggie McCann is the girl who's dreamed of finding her prince charming, but instead finds herself on the edge of forty with no prospects to speak of. She makes an appointment with a fertility clinic, but a chance meeting with Tom changes everything.

The chemistry between Tom and Maggie is insane. The
Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 23, 2013 Sofia Lazaridou rated it it was amazing
"Maggie McCann, will you have my baby?"

I had been waiting to read this book for over a year.As soon as I got the chance to I read it and somehow the magic the book had got lost.I wasnt expecting a two person point of view even though in the end I found I welcomed it.

It was slow and fast at the same time. I know it doesnt make sence so I will explain.It was fast and easy meaning that I had not realised how the time had passed from the moment I started the book until I finish it.It was slow beca
Carol
Mar 21, 2012 Carol rated it it was amazing
Reasons why this was a really good day:
1. Finished a fabulous book by one of my favorite authors, Margaret Ethridge
2. Got to find out a lot more about surprise couple Tom and Maggie, who first made their appearance in Contentment
3. Tom and Maggie join the list of other fun, flirty, and fabulous couples penned by Ms. Ethridge
4. I want to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond immediately (Maggie is a Bed, Bath & Beyond girl)
5. Pregnancy is now such a long-ago memory that I can read about morning sickne
Kai
Jun 24, 2012 Kai rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is book the reader cannot judge the book by its cover. The cover just doesn't do the book any justice. Having that said, Commitment is a wonderful story about last chance. Maggie McCann is approaching forty. She is attractive, smart, and funny and yet she couldn't find someone that she can fall in love with. She finally decided that she was going to be a single mom by artificial insemination...until she ran into Tom Sullivan.

Tom Sullivan is jaded about marriage especially from his parents'
Renee Vincent
Mar 14, 2012 Renee Vincent rated it it was amazing
This book touched me in so many ways! I loved Ms. Ethridge's first book, CONTENTMENT, with Sean and Tracy. But this book, with the older brother, Tom, had me laughing, swooning, and rooting for him til the very last word! Margaret Ethridge was already one of my favorite authors, but this book put her in the very TOP of the list. (Above Nora Roberts!) I have downloaded everything this author has written on my kindle and can't wait to read them all!

Buy this book and see for yourself! Margaret Ethr
Susan W
Jul 13, 2015 Susan W rated it it was amazing
Enjoyable and witty. The sex was fade to black but still had some steam. Loved the mature couple.
Rie Warren
May 17, 2013 Rie Warren rated it it was amazing
I have nothing but love for gorgous Miss Ethridge and her spellbinding, sweet and sexy wordsmithery. As with all her books I've devoured in the past two weeks, I am smitten! Tom and Maggie were the perfect at-odds pair to tangle and tangoe. Every word was beautifully, humorously written, sometimes tender and heartbreaking, and wholly delicious. I kind of wish there were more Sullivan brothers because I've just gotten a taste for Sean and Tom...I need more!

Off to the my next Margaret Ethridge fix
Kate
Jul 14, 2012 Kate rated it it was amazing
I really liked it! I was a bit surprised to see that it took place during the plot of the first book, but once I got into it I really enjoyed it.
Christine
Feb 08, 2012 Christine rated it it was amazing
Another great story by Margaret Ethridge. You won't be disappointed if you read this wonderful story!
Tracy
Feb 21, 2012 Tracy rated it really liked it
Another good read from Margaret Ethridge. Enjoyed this one almost as much as the first. Loved how the characters grew and changed. Awesome!
Rae
Mar 11, 2012 Rae rated it really liked it
A wonderful middle age romance novel. Loved it
Virna
Sep 18, 2016 Virna rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. I liked the characters and their story line. Easy fast paced read.
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

“Commitment” is an impressive story filled with rich characters that make the reader really care for them.

Read full review in the 2012 November issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Cathy
Feb 17, 2012 Cathy rated it liked it
For the most part, it was a good read despite the fact that I felt like there was forced angst and the heroine, Maggie, straddled the fence separating being insecure and annoying at times. What happened to people saying what they mean and meaning what they say?
Tia
May 21, 2016 Tia rated it liked it
CUTE! ^.^
The novel was good, the characters made me smile and the ending made me giggle. All together a good read.
Ana

Reviewed for InD'Tale magazine. The review can be found here.
Rojo
Rojo rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2015
Linda Marie
Linda Marie rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2012
Monini
Monini rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2016
Joanna
Joanna rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2015
Nalani Grijalva
Nalani Grijalva rated it really liked it
Apr 06, 2013
Karen Anderson
Karen Anderson rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2016
Maggie Wells
Maggie Wells rated it it was amazing
Jun 17, 2013
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jul 10, 2016
Claritamoon
Claritamoon rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2012
Kim
Kim rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2012
Kathy Tomcik
Kathy Tomcik rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2014
Beth Frost
Beth Frost rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Rosie
Rosie rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • What Nathan Wants
  • Baby Comes First
  • His Sugar Baby
  • The Family Plan
  • Ellora's Cavemen: Flavors of Ecstasy I
  • Polly
  • Waking Up Pregnant (Waking Up, #2)
  • His Lady Godiva (Lovers and Other Strangers, #1)
  • Phantom Lover (Harlequin Presents, #1707)
  • Turn It Up (Turner Twins, #2)
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • A Note of Scandal
  • Marry Me (Marrying Miss Bright, #2)
  • The Surgeon's Surprise Twins (Safe Harbor Medical, #6)
  • Baby Mine
  • Waking up in Vegas
  • Best Man to Wed?
  • What Not To Expect When You're Expecting
Margaret Ethridge lives with a sweet-talking Southern gentleman who claims to be her lawfully-wedded husband. She is the (not-so-wicked-but-she-has-her-moments) step-mother to their two children, the adoring mistress of three spoiled dogs, the food purveyor to eleven hungry goldfish, and the comic foil for one rather impertinent house rabbit who thinks he rules the roost.

More about Margaret Ethridge...

“I need you so much more than I want you," he said, his voice softly compelling. "And Maggie, I'm going to want you forever.” 1 likes