Start by marking “All the Gear, No Idea” as Want to Read:
All the Gear, No Idea

All the Gear, No Idea (Kinky Cupid #3)

(Please note: if you want to read a version of this story that fits in with the currently available Kinky Cupid series titles, it will be released in February 2015.)

Can Brett really succeed in matching kinky up strangers perfectly, two Valentines Days in a row? He’s going to have a damn good try.

Twelve months ago, Brett had a great time setting up his master’s friend Jack
Published February 1st 2012 by All Romance eBooks, LLC

To ask other readers questions about All the Gear, No Idea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Gear, No Idea

Emma Sea
Feb 16, 2012 Emma Sea rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm
I did really enjoy this book, but it made me anxious in a way the first book didn't. Working on the basis that this is a Valentine's Day fantasy with a BDSM-lite theme, there was too much anger in it, and the resolution of the story was artifically quick.

Mild spoilers, no specifics

(view spoiler)
Serena Yates
Feb 01, 2012 Serena Yates rated it really liked it
Shelves: gay
The second story in Kim Dare’s 'I Blame Bret' series is as delightful as the first. The tongue-in-cheek humor is back, the submissive is the clueless one this time, and the master is a tough guy who doesn’t give an inch.

Theo thinks he knows what he’s getting himself into. Well, sort of. He wants to submit, but the details totally elude him. When McCormack approaches him, Theo blindly follows and is thrown into shock after shock of discovery. It is a good thing he is so determined, because McCorm
Mandi
Jan 27, 2012 Mandi rated it liked it
3 stars. Nice little short about a clueless sub and jaded dom. Is it just me or does anyone else wish Kim Dare's short stories were longer? ;)
Michael Joseph
Mar 11, 2012 Michael Joseph rated it really liked it
Theo is a young man looking for a little fantasy fulfillment on Valentines Day. He's had dreams about the BDSM scene, but this is the first time he's entered the club to act on them. He has all the gear, and no idea what he's getting into.

McCormack is an experienced dom who apparently has been without his own sub for quite some time. On Valentine's Day, McCormack receives a message from the club owner's sub, Bret, that the owner wants McCormack to 'break in' a new sub - Theo. McCormack takes on
blade
Feb 02, 2012 blade rated it really liked it
Beck
This is typical Kim Dare...'perfect' Doms & 'natural' submissives...no blemishes, awkward bodily functions & the angst is sorted with a passionate kiss. I must warn you tho', Kim Dare is one of my favourite authors & she would have to write something pretty heinous for me not to like it...if you're in the mood for sugar kink, then this book will satisfy your craving nicely...although it is part of a series, it can be read as a stand-alone title.
Anke
Feb 03, 2012 Anke rated it really liked it
I really liked it - nothing more to say :)
Chris
Jan 22, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gay, done, short, bdsm, ebook, 2012
3.5 stars. Good short kinky m/m romance about a dom who's asked to look after a clueless new sub.
Andrea
Sep 13, 2016 Andrea rated it did not like it
Ugh no. This book made me so anxious. The rape vibes were creepy as hell. If not for this ~magical way her characters fall in love over literally nothing, it would be nothing else. The safeword was a total copout because the dom checked with him once, discussed NOTHING and when he found out the truth got angry ("you didn't think to ask what was going on?!") and then didn't even apologize. Did the sub even think of his safeword? Did they discuss consent play? (hint: no) But hey true love because ...more
Ruth
Sep 11, 2013 Ruth rated it did not like it
Shelves: m-m
It seems like Kim Dare writes the same story over and over. Here's yet another one where a Dom and sub fall in love after twenty minutes of knowing each other, and their kinks are 100 percent matched. Oh, and all that pontificating about what a REAL Dom is, and what TRUE submission is. You can also add the usual overuse of epithets, to the point where I forget the main characters' names, what with them being called just "the dominant" and "the submissive" most of the time.
Leigh
Feb 09, 2012 Leigh rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm
This was a fun story with enjoyable characters. I liked the interaction between McCormack and Theo. It was even fun to have a cameo moment with Jack and Riley. My only complaint is a small one as suddenly Bret’s master’s name changed from Marcus in the last book to Jasper in this one. A small detail, but it bugged me just the same.
Serena
Sep 26, 2014 Serena rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance-mm
My Rating System:

Katy Beth Mckee
Feb 08, 2012 Katy Beth Mckee rated it really liked it
Bill feels he's getting set up but is drawn to Theo. McCormick is enjoying the evening but when he realizes how clueless Theo is he decides to address the issue. This of course leads to misunderstandings and almost scares Theo away.
Claire
Feb 28, 2013 Claire rated it liked it
I did like this book but not quite as much as 'Once A Brat' and 'Call Me Sir, Boy'. Also for some reason Marcus from these two books is suddenly named Jasper in 'All the Gear, No Idea'. It made for a confusing first couple of pages. Did anybody else have an issue with this?
Winter27
Apr 06, 2014 Winter27 rated it really liked it
I like this but..why Bret's master's name changed from Marcus to Jasper????

Gwengwel

Note: You don't collar a sub after one scene.
I put the tag rom but it's pushing it a lot, it's more 'the possibility of rom'.
Izzah Zulaikha
Jul 24, 2013 Izzah Zulaikha rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2013
This story was good~
And hot!
And Bret, can someone spank some sense into him? xD
He is a true brat -__-
I'm amaze Jasper can handle him :P
Linus
Linus rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2013
Min
Min rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Becca L
Becca L rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2012
Trixie (thebookdiagnosis)
Trixie (thebookdiagnosis) rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2014
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
May 02, 2012
Carima
Carima rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2013
Suprema
Suprema rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Jay Perry
Jay Perry rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Mar 16, 2012
Asazi
Asazi rated it really liked it
Jul 10, 2012
Alexiels
Alexiels rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2013
Heather
Heather rated it it was ok
Mar 04, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top, #1)
  • Breaking Cover
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • The Complete Dr. Fell Volume I: Lost
  • Chalice (Planetary Submissives #1)
  • The Brat Whisperer
  • Yes, Sir
  • Alphabet Soup (Alphabet Soup #1, Russian Bear, #2)
  • Last Stop
  • Screwing the System - online short
  • The Perfect Sub
  • Bound by Deception
  • Master Class (Master Class, #1)
  • Under Contract
  • Plug and Engage
Kim is a thirty-three year old bisexual submissive from Wales (UK). First published in 2008, she has since released almost 100 BDSM erotic romance titles ranging from short stories to full length novels. Having worked with a host of fantastic e-publishers, she has just moved into self publishing.

While she has occasionally ventured towards other pairings, Kim's first love is still, and probably alw
More about Kim Dare...

Kinky Cupid (3 books)
  • Once a Brat (Kinky Cupid, #1)
  • Call Me Sir, Boy!