Start by marking “All the Gear, No Idea” as Want to Read:
All the Gear, No Idea

All the Gear, No Idea

3.52 of 5 stars 3.52  ·  rating details  ·  260 ratings  ·  22 reviews
(Please note: if you want to read a version of this story that fits in with the currently available Kinky Cupid series titles, it will be released in February 2015.)

Can Brett really succeed in matching kinky up strangers perfectly, two Valentines Days in a row? He’s going to have a damn good try.

Twelve months ago, Brett had a great time setting up his master’s friend Jack...more
Published February 1st 2012 by All Romance eBooks, LLC

To ask other readers questions about All the Gear, No Idea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All the Gear, No Idea

Submission by Chris OwenDomination by Chris OwenDiscipline by Chris OwenBondage by Chris OwenRough Canvas by Joey W. Hill
Best Gay BDSM
159th out of 574 books — 818 voters
Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
390th out of 605 books — 1,400 voters

More lists with this book...

Emma Sea
I did really enjoy this book, but it made me anxious in a way the first book didn't. Working on the basis that this is a Valentine's Day fantasy with a BDSM-lite theme, there was too much anger in it, and the resolution of the story was artifically quick.

Mild spoilers, no specifics

(view spoiler)...more
Serena Yates
The second story in Kim Dare’s 'I Blame Bret' series is as delightful as the first. The tongue-in-cheek humor is back, the submissive is the clueless one this time, and the master is a tough guy who doesn’t give an inch.

Theo thinks he knows what he’s getting himself into. Well, sort of. He wants to submit, but the details totally elude him. When McCormack approaches him, Theo blindly follows and is thrown into shock after shock of discovery. It is a good thing he is so determined, because McCorm...more
Mandi
3 stars. Nice little short about a clueless sub and jaded dom. Is it just me or does anyone else wish Kim Dare's short stories were longer? ;)
Michael Joseph
Theo is a young man looking for a little fantasy fulfillment on Valentines Day. He's had dreams about the BDSM scene, but this is the first time he's entered the club to act on them. He has all the gear, and no idea what he's getting into.

McCormack is an experienced dom who apparently has been without his own sub for quite some time. On Valentine's Day, McCormack receives a message from the club owner's sub, Bret, that the owner wants McCormack to 'break in' a new sub - Theo. McCormack takes on...more
blade
Beck
This is typical Kim Dare...'perfect' Doms & 'natural' submissives...no blemishes, awkward bodily functions & the angst is sorted with a passionate kiss. I must warn you tho', Kim Dare is one of my favourite authors & she would have to write something pretty heinous for me not to like it...if you're in the mood for sugar kink, then this book will satisfy your craving nicely...although it is part of a series, it can be read as a stand-alone title.
Chris
3.5 stars. Good short kinky m/m romance about a dom who's asked to look after a clueless new sub.
Anke
I really liked it - nothing more to say :)
Winter27
I like this but..why Bret's master's name changed from Marcus to Jasper????

TracyG.
May 10, 2014 TracyG. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m
A nice quick BDSM read. Thats why I like Kim Dares books. They are always an easy read, this book was no different.
Ruth C.
It seems like Kim Dare writes the same story over and over. Here's yet another one where a Dom and sub fall in love after twenty minutes of knowing each other, and their kinks are 100 percent matched. Oh, and all that pontificating about what a REAL Dom is, and what TRUE submission is. You can also add the usual overuse of epithets, to the point where I forget the main characters' names, what with them being called just "the dominant" and "the submissive" most of the time.
Leigh
Feb 11, 2012 Leigh rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: bdsm
This was a fun story with enjoyable characters. I liked the interaction between McCormack and Theo. It was even fun to have a cameo moment with Jack and Riley. My only complaint is a small one as suddenly Bret’s master’s name changed from Marcus in the last book to Jasper in this one. A small detail, but it bugged me just the same.
Claire
I did like this book but not quite as much as 'Once A Brat' and 'Call Me Sir, Boy'. Also for some reason Marcus from these two books is suddenly named Jasper in 'All the Gear, No Idea'. It made for a confusing first couple of pages. Did anybody else have an issue with this?
Katy Beth Mckee
Bill feels he's getting set up but is drawn to Theo. McCormick is enjoying the evening but when he realizes how clueless Theo is he decides to address the issue. This of course leads to misunderstandings and almost scares Theo away.
Gwengwel

Note: You don't collar a sub after one scene.
I put the tag rom but it's pushing it a lot, it's more 'the possibility of rom'.
Izzah Sanox
This story was good~
And hot!
And Bret, can someone spank some sense into him? xD
He is a true brat -__-
I'm amaze Jasper can handle him :P
I love KD books, but this one was not her best.
Coni
Mar 05, 2013 Coni rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: series
3.5 Stars
Rachel
like this one!
Tsubaki
Tsubaki marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
  • Better Than Friends
  • Wooing Master Jones (BDSM Club #1)
  • Thirty Days (From Thirty Days to Forever, #1)
  • Master Class (Master Class, #1)
  • Alphabet Soup (Alphabet Soup #1, Russian Bear, #2)
  • Room at the Top (Room at the Top #1)
Kim is a thirty year old bisexual submissive from Wales (UK). First published in 2008, she has since released almost 100 BDSM erotic romance titles ranging from short stories to full length novels. Having worked with a host of fantastic e-publishers, she has just moved into self publishing.

While she has occasionally ventured towards other pairings, Kim's first love is still, and probably always wi...more
More about Kim Dare...
Duck! (Avian Shifters, #1) The Mark of an Alpha (Pack Discipline, #1) With a Kiss Ryland's Sacrifice (Thrown to the Lions, #1) Magpie (Avian Shifters, #2)