Start by marking “Me Too! (Little Critter)” as Want to Read:
Me Too! (Little Critter)

Me Too! (Little Critter)

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  3,695 ratings  ·  36 reviews
Sharing with one's little sister can be an awful bother, but it has its rewards too.
Published March 27th 2001 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published December 31st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Me Too!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Me Too!

Charlotte's Web by E.B. WhiteThe Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisAnne of Green Gables by L.M. MontgomeryLittle Women by Louisa May Alcott
Favorite books from my childhood
336th out of 3,115 books — 5,950 voters
Harry Potter Boxset by J.K. RowlingThe Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Hobbit by J.R.R. TolkienMatilda by Roald DahlGreen Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Children's Books I'll Re-Read No Matter How Old I Am
285th out of 1,638 books — 2,695 voters

More lists with this book...

midnightfaerie
Probably around a level 1 beginner reader book, it's about a boy with a younger sister who wants to do everything he does. It gets annoying and he gets frustrated. It's a story line any kid can relate to and simple enough verbiage that my preschoolers enjoyed it as well. And it was easy enough that my 5 yr old could read it to his younger brothers. A good reading book.
Grace Bradley
Little Critter's younger sister wants to do everything with her older brother. Little Critter is trying to learn how to do the right thing while also learning how to share with his little sister. Little Critter wants to go about his day doing all of his favorite activities, but he wants to do them by himself. His little sister follows him around and wants to be doing anything that he is doing. Little Critter gets very annoyed with her but decides that he needs to do the right things and play wit ...more
Jennifer Amichia
This playful book was a fun read aloud! The students were able to chime in regularly with the "me too!" phrase. Many of my students have siblings and were able to share stories of their younger (and sometimes older) siblings wanting to either imitate what they're doing or spoil their fun. The students and I laughed tons during this book and enjoyed the twist at the end. Great book about siblings and even friendship.
Connie
My nieces and I really enjoy the Little Critter books.

They're short, they're funny, they're topical, and they're cheap.

This one portrays a very real aspect of sibling relationships - the sibling who always wants to join in and share, even when you REALLY want them to leave you alone.

Little Critter spends the book detailing his problems, in short sentences, until the end - when his sister unselfishly shares her candy with him, and hopefully teaches him a lesson in the process.
Gray
The thing I love about this book, is it encourages early reading. A kid can quickly figure out that each page ends with the words, "Me too!" So, no matter how young your child is, they think they can read, which is ALWAYS a good thing. I have often teased my three or four year old after reading this, saying, "hey what are you doing? You can't read yet, you are not in school!" And then comes that cute smile that they've accomplished something early. We are huge Mercer Mayer fans.
Hilary Yastrum
This is a great book to read to younger children! The use of the brother and little sister in this book allows for a teacher to use different voices for the characters, and entice the students to listen. This is also a excellent book to read to students when trying to teach them the concept of sharing. This shows that sharing with other people is a good habit to do because if you share with someone they will want to share with you too!
Wendy
Great book for the bigger siblings in the family
Erika Conley
An older brother having to share with and take care of his younger sister - typical occurance in life. This book portrays that image perfectly! Little Critter learns to get along with his sister and lets readers know that one day, baby sisters will grow up and will take on more responsibility. The only thing I do not like in this book is the illustration. This goes for all books in this series. It is a personal opinion.
Rachel
This was such a cute story about a brother and a sister. I would recommend this book for any age until about fifth grade. It is also a great book for use in the younger age classroom for a read aloud because of the inflection needed to read and the predictable word bubbles that they can join in on during the reading.
Gala
I was the oldest sibling in my family so I understand that nagging little person getting their way. always using that crying and sad face to prove that you did something to them. I like this book because children need someone to relate to so why not a book. Good reading, sequencing, and blend words.
Erica Tucker
Little Critter's sister always wants to do exactly what he does but she always seems to mess things up. In the end, Little Critter ends up wanting to do something that his sister does. This is an excellent story to read to children because the can chime in on the "Me Too!" parts.
Danielle Desmarais
A story about a young boy and his little sister who likes to do everything he does. My CT shared it during family week to show children what all sibling relationships are like. By the end the story is very heart-warming and children enjoy hearing it.

Grade level - 2nd grade.
Lidra West
Another great little critter book about his little sister wanting to take part in big brother's daily activity such as playing with his friends and doing things that she is to small to do. In the end the table turns as big brother is the one shouting "me too".
Jake
this is, for some reason, one of my favorite books at the moment. Since I don't have a sibling, mom's not sure why I'm fascinated with Little Critter and his sister who follows him around, butting in on all his fun. But it IS a really cute book.
Cori Brown
Such a cute book! It is about a brother and his younger sister that wants to do everything he does. A lot of children can relate to this because they have a older or younger sibling! Such cute and fun pictures also.
A cute book about the bond between a brother and his little sister, who just wants to do everything her brother does. This book is great to read for children who have siblings or a friend that they look up to.
Lisa
One of the first books my mom bought for my older daughter. she really liked it because it made her feel like her little sis would want to follow her around someday too!
Deborah Harris
Dec 22, 2013 Deborah Harris added it
Shelves: a8, ar-1, a28
RL 2.25 GRL - K

AR Quiz No. 7284 EN Fiction
Accelerated Reader Quiz Information IL: LG - BL: 1.5 - AR Pts: 0.5
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, RV
Tricia
This was my little sister's favorite book when we were growing up. I have likely read it more times (to her) than any other book to date. I have a soft spot in my heart for it.
Lauren
This book is great for children especially when they learn to start reading. It teaches great morals and ideals for everyone to have and great general life lessons.
Dinky ♥
I couldn't wait to read bedtime stories because of Mercer Mayer. My kids loved them too - I still have them all and I refuse to get rid of them.
Karey
We loved all the Mercer Mayer books at our household when the children were young. We got a lot of good laughs each time we re-read the stories!
Jen Barker
My daughter learned to read on Little Critter books. She had them memorized before she could recognize a single letter. LOVE these!
'Stacey
One of my favorite children's books. Concept of sharing with a younger sibling. I am an older sister and can relate to this.
Alisha Cromwell
I would recommend this book to primary students, they will be able to relate to either of the characters if they have siblings.
Angela
Great to use with kindergarten. Very realistic situation between the brother and sister. Many kids would be able to relate.
Hillary Hayman
A great little story about learning to deal with little siblings that want to join you in your activities.
Theresa
a cute story with a cute idea, using the stories of his daily life to teach children.
Tami
My oldest collected these books. They are really fun to read out loud.
Tim Hardin
Good book on sibling rivalry and older sibilng responsiblity.
  • The Berenstain Bears No Girls Allowed
I began illustrating books in 1966. Since that time I have published over 300 books. Most of my books are about things that happened to me when I was a little kid. Now I'm a big kid and I write about things that happen now, especially with my own children. They always remind me of what it was like.

I was born in Arkansas in 1943. Boy, that was a long time ago! It's real fun to be an old kid. Then m
More about Mercer Mayer...

Little Critter (1 - 10 of 171 books)
  • Just for You (Little Critter)
  • Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter)
  • The New Baby (Little Critter)
  • All by Myself
  • I Was So Mad
  • Just Go to Bed
  • Just Grandma and Me
  • Just Grandpa and Me (Little Critter)
  • Merry Christmas, Mom and Dad (Little Critter)
  • When I Get Bigger
Just Go to Bed Just for You (Little Critter) Just Me and My Dad (Little Critter) I Was So Mad There's a Nightmare in My Closet