Start by marking “Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass, #1)

Shattered Glass (Shattered Glass #1)

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  5,943 ratings  ·  950 reviews
A male prostitute, a mangy cat, a murder and a maniacal mix-up that threatens his career, his impending marriage and his life. Nothing is going as planned for Austin Glass.

Austin — seems to have it all. At least on the surface. A loving fiancee. A future with the FBI and a healthy sized trust fund. He also has a grin and a wisecrack for every situation. But the smile he pr
ebook, 1st Edition, 360 pages
Published January 31st 2012 by Dani Alexander

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Glass, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Glass

Shattered Glass by Dani AlexanderArmed & Dangerous by Abigail RouxStars & Stripes by Abigail RouxChase in Shadow by Amy LaneWho We Are by T.J. Klune
Best M/M Romance Published in 2012
1st out of 609 books — 1,429 voters
I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier by Crystal RoseShattered Glass by Dani AlexanderCut & Run by Abigail RouxTell Me It's Real by T.J. KluneSno Ho by Ethan Day
The Best Humorous Gay Romances
2nd out of 431 books — 1,027 voters

More lists with this book...

Blacky *Romance Addict*
“I'm not gay.” That wasn't what I meant to say.
“Congratulations. Would you like a medal?” Bunny Slippers asked.
“I already have a medal. For bravery, not for being gay. I think you made me gay.”
“I made you gay?” He set down the napkin he was holding. “Is that better or worse than the person who made you stupid?”

This book doesn't have enough pages. Photobucket
There is one chapter here named "Never ending story". THAT'S what this book should have been! Photobucket

I just wanted to read it, and read it, and read it, did
Heather C
I have tortured myself for two days now trying to write a review for this book. So be happy with this...

I loved it
I couldn't put it down
I bit off all my fingernails
I couldn't tell whowas telling the truth
I couldn't figure anything out
I didn't want it to end
I can't stop thinking about it
I can't wait for the next book

Why [insert any of the above as you deem appropriate]?

The hilarious chapter titles
The asshole MC
The hooker love interest
The freckles
The slippers
The sexual tension
The bl
Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter
5 stars. Re-read 09/14. Review edited September 29, 2014.

photo oie_m9NaUIUAV8tY_zpsbdf29ba2.jpg

photo oie_pNSPFbRkIifG_zps203ef1a8.gif

Dear Austin,

I've read your story Shattered Glass. Well, I wanted to know what the fuss is all about, and…holy cow, was I ever impressed! Dani Alexander has written an amazingly good book. Give him my best please. I do hope he'll continue to write such compelling and entertaining stories in the future.

I've been in a very serious book slump for a rather long time and decided to do a re-read of your fantabulous story Shattered Glass. Guess wh
Lauraadriana
This book has me at a loss, because if this book can only have five stars, then I need to reevaluate every other book I've given five stars to. This book was just BRILLIANT.

I'm going to go on a tangent for a minute, and just say that discovering this genre has changed my habits as a reader. I've always been a ravenous reader, but this genre, it's made me a glutton. I gobble up books frantically, some I like, some I don't like, some I hate, some I love, some I really love. But there is one thing
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
May 07, 2013 Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone and their mama
Recommended to Rosalinda *KRASNORADA* by: Haven girls!

***I LOVED THIS BOOK EVEN MORE THE SECOND TIME!!!*** May 2013

I just LOVED it, I can put into words what I feel for Peter *SIGH*. I just need Not So Innocent like NOW!

Thanks Ladies for this great BR. I am sooooo glad you popped your cherry with this one!

---------PREVIOUS REVIEW------------- Feb 2013

FIVE HILARIOUS & HOT STARS!!!

I loved this book!!!

This is the story about Austin & Peter, aka Rabbit.

***AUSTIN***

"Tell me something good about your life"

***PETER, AKA RABBIT***

"You"

Austin is
Monique ~ Sinfully... Addicted to All Male Romance
The writing is brilliant. The story riveting. The characters captivating.. What we are blessed with is a truly wonderful novel and a sheer delight to read ~ no matter the cost, this book is a gift and I thank you Dani Alexander for sharing it with us...

tumblr_lsnb2bgT0E1qmz21po1_500

This is the funniest book I have read this year, (crying laughing and totally in love with Austin) Your humour Dani is so seamlessly woven throughout the fabric of the book - and incorporates the romance and the crime thriller combined. This isn'
Vishous
I will keep this short and to the point!

1. best book ever!

description

2. why did it take me so long to read it?!?!

description

3. best main characters ever!

description

4. one of the best dialogues ever!

description

5. Austin is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-!
I swear to God I laughed almost at everything that came out of his mouth!

description

6. Peter is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-!
I love you Peter <3 and your bunny slippers...

description

7. I can not wait to read Cai's story!

description

8. if you haven't read it, don't be like me and READ THE BOOK!
you will not regret it!

9. I think I fell in love with a bo
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
Reading my first M/M :D with mi amor Rosalinda,*.Amaia.*,Gema,Shannon ,Karen,Anne,Bev :)
descriptiondescription

This is the funniest book I have read this year!!!!!
I am totally in love with Austin!!!

description

This book was a complete surprise!Alexander crams so much creativity,plot,sparkling dialogue,three dimensional characters and humor!!!

Austin Glass is about to marry a beautiful woman, he has a career at the FBI never seemed closer.
Then a freckled and pierced redhead with a killer bod serves him in a diner and life sucker p
Loederkoningin
Is this a conspiracy or mere coincidence? I can just SMELL a conspiracy...

I wasted so much money on crappy books, only to find that the truly incredible ones are either free - The Administration (wtf!), Captive Prince (wtf!), I'm sure there are more examples, still a bit green when it comes to m/m, but working on that! - ..Right. They're either free or... $ 2,99.

Hell! The chapter titles in Shattered Glass alone are worth more than $ 2,99!

This book was a complete surprise! As cheesy as the model
Kat is a Glitter Pirate ☠

"And fuck it, I'm not gay. Goddammit. I'm bunny-slipper-sexual?"

(Before anyone who has read this complains - I know, I know, my bunny slipper wearer doesn't remotely resemble Peter but I couldn't find a redheaded bunny slipper wearer, so, Norman Reedus it is. He's a handsome alternative, no?)

WARNING! Read at your own risk as this review WILL contain gratuitous bunny images.

Why?

Because it's (kinda) appropriate with the book and, let's face it, they are always super cute to look at and are neve
Christy
5 Fantastic and Funny Stars!!!!!

Before I go on and on about how much I loved this book, let me introduce you to these two guys...

DETECTIVE AUSTIN GLASS
 photo 206455a4-d757-4d0e-ab68-1ac05b6b80dc_zps0bf0f744.jpg
 photo 6f61b7ff-c755-496d-a152-d6667e3f8365_zps1f054a83.jpg

AND

PETER ‘RABBIT’
 photo 88b96f94-83b5-48f2-a1eb-6bc7851a72ae_zps8ed8150d.jpg
 photo 4b3971a7-b8dc-4ec5-9ed2-7b4e2bf97884_zps2abfdb33.jpg

Austin is a twenty six year old detective, he is engaged to the beautiful Angelica, and on track to becoming an FBI agent. He is a trust fund baby, who has no relationship with his parents.
While working on a case, Austin stumbles into a diner to meet an informant. Then he sees him. Bunny Slippers.

photo f8cbdf04-e711-4c03-9b22-aca421466b07_zpsb0f46324.jpg

Bunny slippers has red hai
Lkay ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 'Holy Fucking Christ, Dear Sweet Mother of God' this book was fucking AWESOME stars

Being gay wasn’t like changing eye colors; you couldn’t just get contacts and “Whammo!”— gayness.

"I like you. Even though you’re probably a criminal and are going to get me thrown off the force. And you kicked me. Broke my nose. Made me gay and refused to kiss me."

I have to warn you in advance, when I get excited about something, I tend to swear like a sailor with tourette's syndrome. You've been warned... F
Ami
This is one of those "strange" things that can happen when you're in a company of a good book. Here are few reasons that should make me dislike this book:

One, it is looong. It clocks around 450+ pages on my Kindle. Man, I don't think I even read a lot of mainstream novels that are more than 450 pages.

Two, the main characters are actually not that likeable. Austin Glass, the detective, is (I'm using Dani Alexander's words in the book to describe him) "cruel, superficial, spoiled, and really fuck
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 stars. Rounded up just because I feel guilty doing four stars just because I was bummed there wasn't more smut scenes in the book. I'm such an MM whore. Enough about me.....
 photo 067fa3c27f5caa16409dad795e6f61f1_zpsb7b32792.jpg

I REALLY flipping enjoyed this one. The author must have a great sense of humor to create a character such as Austin. His flippant remarks were off the hook funny. By the end of the book, I felt like I knew him....wanted to know him personally. Austin is a vice squad cop in Denver when he sets eyes on Peter (aka Bunny Sl
Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*

***5 Hilarious Bunny Slipper Stars***

“I'm not gay.” That wasn't what I meant to say.
“Congratulations. Would you like a medal?” Bunny Slippers asked.

Austin Glass is engaged and already preparing for his upcoming wedding. He comes from a wealthy family and is working with the FBI. Everything soon
Shurrn
A book which gleefully oscillates between seriousness and silliness... The only thing more rewarding than reading this book was finally figuring out what all "Bunny Slipper" status updates were about...

“I’m not gay.” That wasn’t what I meant to say. At least not so bluntly. It had just become a mantra as I drove across town. Repeated over and over so many times that, by the time I stood in the diner, confronted once again by this visceral attraction to a perfect stranger, the words tumbled out.
Jul 24, 2013 Laura rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Laura by: Christina
He could shatter my soul right now, it was so fragile sitting there in his palm.”

This review has been rattling around the ‘ole noggin for weeks now, but I cannot get my feelings down and out on the page. Draft after draft thrown out.

So, this is me free-balling it—so to speak. :D

Mystery, romance, wit, humor, freckles, and bunny slippers! I have such a huge crush on this book! Love, love, love every single thing about it! Haha…Let me give it another go without using the word love 50 times! (Yeah
Lena♥Ribka

I believe firmly that our book taste alone is not responsible for our LIKING or NOT LIKING a book.

There are more than one happy coincidence for it.

First of all it is our mood.

Sometimes we are angry and disappointed or moody and bad-tempered or sad and despaired or we're in love of endlessly happy or just simply horny-all this conditions demand different kind of literature.

There are also another factors like:

*our current life situation

*our current life surroundings

*our current partner

*our last
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
I wanted to wait to write this review, then I realized I couldn't. I'm impressed and I've been impressed all the while reading this book.

The narrator, Austin, is frustrating, and you have to dig dig dig to get something deeper about him and you don't really get there. You have to have the patience of a saint to endure his snark and his mania. In his words:

"I was not insecure. I was a perfectly normal combination of arrogant and narcissistic."

How can you stand reading 122+k-words in his point of
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️
Mar 12, 2015 Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️ rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Val ⚓️ Shameless, Bitchy, Skanky & Not Sorry ⚓️ by: Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Shelves: borrowed, mm
4.5 Stars

This was really good and I really enjoyed it.

description

Austin was totally my brand of super HI-larious funny.

description

The story line took some turns I wasn't expecting and I really enjoyed the plot and the characters. There are so many other awesome Bunny Slipper reviews out there, so I'm not going to try and re-invent the wheel here.

But I will say this:

My only gripe with this book is that there was a LOT of build up to some VERY awesome sex scenes.

Sex scenes that never really came to fruition.

Now, I'
Karéz
5 Dios mío. Stars...

This is so out of topic.But recently I've read Knight. whenever, he felt good or so happy he could express it in two words!-> Fuck me, fuck me!!!. Will Chicas that's how i truly felt while reading this book!!! I mean hands down this is the best m/m book I've read so far! I could go on,and on how much i loved it... So without further or ado. Let me introduce you to, Two amazing characters...

Detective Austin Glass.. he's in his mid-twenties. living a well luxury life,
having
MsMiz (Tina)
Did you ever read a book where fundamentally in the back of your head you think, 'why do I like this?' or 'I should not like this, but I just cannot help myself.' That is how I felt with Shattered Glass. I had a blast reading this. I laughed out loud more than I care to admit. It was over the top, completely off the wall, and well, endearing in an odd way.

Some phrases to describe this book: Funny as fuck, completely unrealistic, fast paced dialog, really clever writing, engaging characters, sur
julio
Feb 18, 2014 julio rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to julio by: Taylor
fun, with a bite.

funny dialogue and an unusually accurate picture of an asshole gay dude roped into giving a shit about other people by means of his cock.

and bunny slippers.

three stars for the nuanced portrait of his jilted and decidedly not-shrilly-unhinged ex-wife alone.
It's just me Shelly B
 photo apair_zps90b04558.gif

The fact that I was more comfortable owning up to the slippers thing and not the cocksucker thing was mildly disturbing. I’d rather have a footwear fetish than a sudden attraction to penises? Yeah, that sounded about right."

This book had me in stitches I laughed so hard! Everything that Austin said was over-the-top hilarious, he is now officially one of my favorite fictional characters!

This was me through out this book....

photo bahaha-1_zps570c520f.gif

This book is about Austin and Peter. Austin is a detective and wealthy fr
Shannon The Show Stopper
May 20, 2013 Shannon The Show Stopper rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Shannon The Show Stopper by: Rosalinda
This book shattered the notion I need a heroine in a romance novel for it be 5 stars. I fell in love with these characters as they fell in love with each other.

Meet the narrator Detective Austin Glass:
Austin Glass Dave Franco photo dave-franco-lightbox-02_zpsed1bb4cb.jpg

He's straight, engaged to be married and a self professed screw up at all things relational and he's a narcissist. He's also hilarious and I loved him immediately. Austin was not one of those characters I had to warm up to...My infacuation with him was instantaneous and I fell in love. Did I also
Rach  *Feisty kitty*
Feb 11, 2013 Rach *Feisty kitty* rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Rach *Feisty kitty* by: Em - everybody's got a dark side ;)
Shelves: m-m, buddy-read-haven
3 1/2 STARS

I thought it was a really good book with a good story line. The humour in the book kept me reading I just got a bit bored in places and lost in the crime part of the story.

Peter

Austin

I wanted to LOVE this book like so many others have done but I just didn't feel it. That could be the way I'm feeling and maybe if I read it at a different time I may have felt differently

FAVORITE QUOTES-

“Where are all these gay people coming from? Gay friends. Gay daughters of friends. Gay sisters-in-l
Kaje Harper
4.5 stars. Austin is one of the most appealing narrators I have ever met. Sweet, smart and honorable and hiding all that under a thick layer of sarcasm and smart-assery. He is confused by suddenly finding, weeks before his wedding, that his chasing after women has been a veneer hiding his true sexuality. One look at Peter, with his freckles and bunny-slippers and his tough exterior over wounded vulnerability, and it is all over for Austin. And the best part is he doesn't fight it. He doesn't gra ...more
Nick Pageant
Big thanks to Mark for another smashing BR.

This was a lot of fun - extremely funny, engaging characters, and an unusual story. I'm taking off one star because I thought it was too long and the plot became, as Giulio said, quite convoluted.
Mel
Feb 16, 2013 Mel rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Mel by: who didn't?

Maybe Peter was the answer. The problem and the answer. The answer without being a solution. Another tick in the inconsistent life of Austin Glass.

About a year ago, my friends LA and Tina started raving about a book that was just released. It was by a new author and it was self published. It was different, fun, engaging, well written, humorous—you name the complimentary adjectives, I heard them all.
Then, pretty much everyone started talking about Shattered Glass. It seemed the best thing since
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog
Jan 15, 2013 Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: m-m romance, law enforcement
Recommended to Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog by: Lenore
~~~

Some mild spoilers -- maybe.

I really, really enjoyed this book.

The Characters

Admittedly, I was concerned whether the MC, Austin Glass, was ever going to mature. I found him funny, quick-witted, shallow and hurting. Even though he had it all, he wasn't nearly complete. It took nearly the entire book before he even began getting it together. Luckily, and a credit to the author, he didn't lose his better qualities to become whole.

Rabbit/Peter is such a well developed character that it felt li
I seriously read the entire book picturing Peter looking like... 32 371 Jan 29, 2015 09:14PM
The Challenge Fac...: Ezi & Melissa - Shattered Glass 19 20 Dec 12, 2013 05:44PM
Buddy read lead by Amaia! 298 55 Jun 05, 2013 11:54PM
  • Breaking Cover (Life Lessons, #2)
  • The Hell You Say (Adrien English Mystery, #3)
  • Divide & Conquer (Cut & Run, #4)
  • Shades of Gray
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • Dark Soul Vol. 3 (Dark Soul, #3)
  • The Island
  • Chase in Shadow (Johnnies, #1)
I love hearing from people, so please, if you want me to respond or comment, send me a message. I'll happily answer any questions or comments, rants or even if you throw a tomato at my head. Be warned, I'm a chatterbox (and that I make a mean tomato basil soup) =D.
More about Dani Alexander...

Shattered Glass (3 books)
  • Not So Innocent (Shattered Glass, #2)
  • Shatterproof (Shattered Glass, #3)
Not So Innocent (Shattered Glass, #2) Shatterproof (Shattered Glass, #3)

“Do you know what I did to the last guy that called me Tinkerbelle?"

"Slept with him?"

Darryl was silent for a second. "After that.”
302 likes
“Tell me something good about your life," I whispered, needing to hear that he wasn't as broken as I thought him to be.
Peter breathed into the handset for about two minutes. I began wondering if he was about to hang up, or had fallen asleep, when he answered. "You."
It was so quiet I almost didn't hear it. And then he hung up before I could ask him to repeat himself.
I fell asleep, grinning, with the phone still clutched in my hand and my milk souring on the coffee table.”
148 likes