Darius (Moon Lake Wolves, #1)

Darius (Moon Lake Wolves #1)

3.4 of 5 stars 3.40  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Sheriff Ashton Rawling never expected to see Darius Lyall back in town. Five years ago, just as their friendship seemed poised to turn into something more, Darius fled the small northern town of Moon Lake under suspicion of brutally murdering a local man whose body was found on Lyall property. Now Darius has returned to celebrate the twenty-first birthday of his youngest b...more
Published June 2014 by Dark Hollows Press (first published February 25th 2012)

Serena Yates
This story is one of mystery and secrecy and it pulled me in as I got to know Ash, the sheriff, and his former friend, Darius. The suspicion around Darius and the murder he allegedly committed five years earlier was quite compelling. Everything seemed to point at him as being the guilty man, yet there was an underlying feeling that I shared with Ash which told me it would be too easy if it had been Darius. No real evidence was forthcoming, though, so the suspense was definitely there.

Ash tries...more
Meggie
The story was solid and enjoyable enough. I liked both main characters. Darius was the bad, attractive character with charisma and Ash was just the right person for him. The story is simple and good.
Tammy K.~ Pro-Active Destruction Group
I read this book in one sitting. I can not believe how fast the reading went and it left me wanting more.
I liked the characters especially Sheriff Ashton Rawling, go small town sheriffs :) Darius seemed to be more of a secondary character with Ashton being the protagonist.
I liked the murder mystery. I admit to guessing the wrong guy.
When it was revealed who committed the murder, I realized that I 'should have' guessed the other one.
But in my defense, I was so engrossed in Ashton and Darius rel...more
Michi Rosa
A too different shifter's story to my liking.
In this one they don't embrace their shapeshifting, it's considered a curse and they don't remember a thing done while in their werewolf form.

No mates pull.

Nicely written, though.
Pixie Mmgoodbookreviews
4 Hearts

First published at MM Good Book Reviews

Darius returns to his hometown to help his brother celebrate his 21st birthday, but his return stirs up trouble as most of the town believe him to be a murderer. Ash is the town sheriff who is trying to keep the peace, but as he butts heads with half the town and Darius, he has to solve a five year old murder to prove Darius’s innocence.

This is a really good shifter story that shows shifters in a more animalis...more
Lily
This was a pleasant read if in the mood for a combined shifter and mystery plot. The story was linear and set the background nicely for the following books in this series.
Veronica / V
Entirely different from other werewolf stories that I have read.
Very enjoyable, I'm looking forward for the rest of the series.
Amy
3.5 stars. good beginning for this trilogy, I'm looking forward to reading about the brothers' lives.
Clover
I had difficulties to enter the story but at nearly the end it began to be interesting.
Kristy Maitz
Nothing special from my point of view.
Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
Starts at 5%

43% and bored with the way old murder. And if it turns out the idiot just fell out of the tree or something I'll be pissed. The Mcs have only been together in a couple of scenes so it'd be nice to you know actually develop something between them.

Okay story. Pretty average not great but not bad. Also wont be memorable. Mystery was really weak and pretty boring.

The guys never really developed either. Everything was very shallow a few details here and there but not much. They were al...more
Ericka Walden
Hmmm.... Interesting story. Interesting take on shifters. I'm invested enough to wanna read the next book, hoping that the author continues to build onto the existing story while adding the next brothers story. Great start I think.....just left me wanting....something more?? Maybe that was her intent. I just kind of felt like I was missing a back story....or the "beginning" of this one. Normally I'm a Loved It! or Hated IT! kind of gal.....very seldom am I just intrigued enough to wait on the re...more
Mrs Condit & Friends Read Books
Overall, DARIUS is a good murder mystery. The characters are well developed and have flaws that keep them real. The plot is a page turner. I’m looking forward to the other books in the series that will give us Darius’ brothers’ stories. One of them is headed to college so that ought to be interesting. Ms Astor has given us a good beginning to a new werewolf series.

See my complete review at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index.... (March 4, 2012)
Susan
This is a bit different from most shifter stories. Darius and his brothers are only werewolves on one night a month but they don't remember what happens when they are transformed. I liked it and I'm hoping the series gets even better as it goes on.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Tana
Publisher: Silver
Genre: M/M Paranormal

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Moniqee
ordinary plot though I do enjoy the story.
Cole Riann
All around a pretty enjoyable read.
Nadine Stoelman
Nadine Stoelman marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Jennivie
Jennivie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Paul Wright
Paul Wright marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Stacey Lee
Stacey Lee marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
  • The Wizard & The Werewolf (Mixed Mates, #1)
  • Adam (Hybrids #1)
  • A Royal Bind (Changing Moon, #2)
  • Artie, The Good Witch
  • Before the Darkness (Refuge Inc., #1)
  • Battle of Hearts
  • Almost Paradise (Pine Hollow Wolves, #1)
  • Galen and the Forest Lord
  • Hidden Talents (Hidden Talents, #1)
  • Collared with Ink (Marked, #1)
  • Kissed by Death (Kissed by an Immortal, #1)
  • Shadows in the Night (Leap of Faith, #1)
  • Bastet (Earth Warriors, #1)
  • Panahasi (Demon Warriors, #5)
  • Absolute Perfection
  • Spectrum Skies (Spectrum Skies, #1)
  • Chance To Be King
  • Heart of Dame (Solomon's Pride, #3)

Jade Astor is a longtime fan of both paranormal and
male-male love stories. She was delighted to find a thriving
community of like-minded writers and readers in the ebook
industry. Moon Lake Wolves is her first trilogy to be
published by Silver.

When she is not writing, Jade enjoys sculpting,
tinkering with computers, and training (and retraining) her
small herd of unruly but adorable rescued Chi...more
More about Jade Astor...
Lyrion's Gift (Elven Conceptions #1) Gregar's Passion (Elven Conceptions #2) Caleb (Moon Lake Wolves, #2) Snow Bite, Blood Red (Once upon A Man #1) Serge (Moon Lake Wolves, #3)