Falling Away (Falling, #2)

Falling Away (Falling #2)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  180 ratings  ·  35 reviews
"I remember," he said softly. "I remember everything. You. Me. Us."

Jenna’s first two years of community college are almost over and it’s time to decide where to finish her degree. Should she attend Yale to be with Robert, or off to Rutgers, where she really wants to go? As Sophie and Jhett’s engagement is announced, she begins to question if she'll live happily ever after...more
Published February 14th 2013 (first published February 13th 2013)

Never Too Far by Abbi GlinesWethering the Storm by Samantha TowleThe Game Changer by J. SterlingEyes Wide Open by Raine MillerConsumed by Emily Snow
Highly Anticipated Indie Books of 2013
288th out of 1,439 books — 6,861 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadUnravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
YA Novels of 2013
368th out of 1,419 books — 9,873 voters

More lists with this book...

Devon Ashley
Jul 11, 2013 Devon Ashley added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now through July 16th, Falling Away is just 99 cents at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Kobo!

Who would I cast?
Robert: Michael Anthony Trevino
Jenna: Emma Roberts
Chance/Evan: Jackson Rathbone
Sophie: Abbie Cornish
Jhett: Chase Crawford

10/5: Wanna read a teaser?

Excited for Falling Away? Help promote it with sidebar banners! Get the code at my site!

Nancy
3/03/2012
Photobucket

I so want this now. I need more Robert and Evan/Chance!

The anticipation is just too much. I can't. I just... *sigh*

UPDATE 10/25/2012

Why is time taking forever?! Jeez, can we just fast forward to December, then skip January? Seriously.
I've been waiting, and waiting. *sad face*

Time, won't you just move along a little faster? Pretty please?

2/17/2013

Finished! *sigh*

Guy, baby, I love you.
I almost strangled Jenna there for a sec.
Enjoyed it a lot!
Even though I wanted to pull out my hair a...more
Pauline
Apr 27, 2012 Pauline marked it as to-read
Want want want this now!!! The first book surprised me, and I want to see more of Chance/Evan in the flesh! Oh gosh can you imagine the sexual tension!?!?!
Ari Bookzilla.
This book was so much better than the first and seeing as I loved that one, it's not a light statement. I devoured it in hours which isn't an easy task because it's on the long(ish) side.

Yes, those who've complained about sexual content will complain again. The first book was more about sexual awakening and teenage hormones, this one is not far from that seeing as sex still plays a good part of it, but I thought it had much more substance. On the plus side, the characters are older in this one.

I...more
Rebecca A. Rogers
WAY better than the first book. I loved Jenna's choice between the two guys, and the ending was perfect. <3
Maria
"And i'll always regret that it wasn't enough."

I don't know there to start with this. I stumbled upon Falling In Between right around when it was released at the beginning of 2012. The synopsis sounded interesting, but i didn't expect to like it as much as i did. Devon Ashley really surprised me with the amazing first book in the falling series, and i couldn't wa...more
Erin
I swear this author could sell fire in hell!

Usually when you read a book with a "love triangle" the author will lead you in one direction... holy crap I was all over the place.

This was my brain while reading the two books in this series... "Yes, be with Robert"..."Oh, Chance is so great." ... "But then there is Robert"..."Wow,Evan you amazing man"..."Ugh, Robert is such an asshole"..."Evan, you dick"..."Robert could be good for you"..."Holy shit, Evan" and so on and so forth.

The author so easily...more
Aileen
I am CRYING as I write this. I don't know what it was about this book that just...tore my heart APART. I am vehemently AGAINST love triangles. I HATE them with a fiery passion and absolutely despise everything about them...except for this one. This is the ONE exception, that never made me angry, that never made me shout "CHOOSE YOU DUMB HO!!!!!" Or already know how it would end, who the girl would choose. I THOUGHT I knew. I THOUGHT I KNEW. Then I thought I was wrong, then I just...didn't know w...more
Farrah
Jul 26, 2013 Farrah added it
Wow, that cover is GORGEOUS beyond belief! And that summary...I need this book now!!!

2013...way too far away :(
Bridie-No excuses. No apologies. No Regrets Jones
Falling away was much better than the first book, mostly because it had more Evan, who, to be honest, felt almost like a whole new character to me. I'm not sure why though, maybe it's because i haven't read the first one in ages, or because he was called Evan instead of Chance (kind of preffered the name chance for him, but i could work with Evan ;) all the way through.

Whichever it was i found myself firmly on Evan's side from the very start this time. Not that i wasn't in book one, but in this...more
Becky RealityBites! Let's Get Lost!
Writing a review for a sequel is always so difficult. There is only so much that can be said without giving away the most important parts of the book. So, I am going to do my best to express how I felt while reading without spoiling anything for you.

I felt so conflicted the entire time I was reading this book. I love both Robert and Evan, so I never really knew who I wanted Jenna with and i honestly would have been happy no matter who she chose.

But when she was with one, my heart hurt for the o...more
Jessie Harrell
This was a great continuation of Falling in Between. Some of Jenna's actions in the beginning made me cringe b/c I KNEW she was going to get busted. Even though she technically didn't do anything wrong, her heart wasn't in the right place. But it turns out that our worst mistakes can sometimes be our best... and so Jenna is able to rebuild her life and the romance that comes in the door is STEAMY! Of course, there's always trouble in paradise, but the story wouldn't be the same if Jenna didn't h...more
Tricia
4.5 Stars

Yay!!! I have the biggest smile on my face right now! That ending was PERFECT! I was worried there for a little while, but it all worked out how I had hoped for, and a lot more!!! I laughed out loud numerous times during this book. It was truly great. I absolutely adore Evan!! He was really front and center this whole book, and I loved every minute of it!! I have read 3 books by Devon Ashley now, and I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one. I will definitely be reading more of her...more
Tracey
When I started this book I was unaware that it was, the second book in a duo, so some of the beginning of the story was catch up for me. However I was able to glean the info I needed to make this book a complete story for me. This was not only well written but the characters were alive and enmeshed in a complex and fascinating story of love, loss and life. Well worth the read but I suggest reading the first book to save time on pondering the mysteries of this book.
Ellen
I loved this book. I loved both books. I agree with Jenna's choice, but I still feel bad for the boy left behind.

On a side note, I loved the bit near the end with Robert's mother. I wanted more from her, but I liked that she was able to give something.

Devon, I hope you read this and know that you are amazing. I am, however, disappointed with the finality of this book. I highly doubt there will be a Falling 3 and that makes me sad.
Tia
I was super glad for this novel. I waited for it, for a long time and was ecstatic when I finally got it. Bottom line, I loved it. I was glad for all the emotions Robert, Jenna and Evan went through. I nearly cried when all the break ups started happening. I giggled at the funny parts and absolutely adored who Jenna ended up with. I was entranced by this novel as soon as it started. It was unbelievably easy to fall in love with it.
Jessica *The Lovely Books*
Dammit I hate love triangles. I loved both boys
Although I am happy who she ended up with, I am still sad about the other one cause he was great too!

Jenna grew up so much from the first book that she almost seemed like a different person. I loved her and her spunky attitude.

Falling Away was better than the first book...which I happened to love a lot! I am kinda hoping another book comes out!

Need more of Jenna and gang.
Bex
I was really looking forward to reading this sequel but was unsure of how it would rate compared to the first.
Needless to say, I shouldn't have worried. it was the most enjoyable book I've read in a long while!
I actually thought it was better than the first, which is hard to do with sequels!
My only nag is that I couldn't put this book down and finished it so fast! Missing the Jenna, Robert, Evan triangle already!
Abbie
Jenna and Robert split-up , but when one door closes, another door opens.

This book was just as bad as the last book, but with a heck of a lot more moping and whining. Completely stupid characters who can't make up a decision to save their lives.
Do not recommend unless you enjoyed the first book in the series... Which I didn't.
Ms. MiLo
Glad that Jenna finally made up her mind and that she finally chose who she can't live w/out. My heart ached for Robert a little, I know he fought for her but if he was just not stubborn he could've saved himself the trouble of losing Jenna. Congrats to Sophie and Jhett, happy that they found their happy ever after.
Paula  Phillips
Jenna has just completed her first two years of Community College and living happily with her boyfriend Robert and best friend Sophie and her fiance Jhett. This novel starts off with Sophie and Jhett planning their wedding and the thought of Jenna and Robert being next pops up. Jenna however isn't ready for it and it will start to develop into a major part of Falling Away as during a flower shop visit where Sophie and Jenna have gone to look at arrangements for the wedding, Evan pops up. At firs...more
Sandra D
Wow! It was an amazing roller coaster ride. This is definitely a book I would recommend for 17+. Great romance and happily ever after!
ewa
Awesome!!!!! I really wish more people knew about this book.

Ps. I would be very glad if there were more books in the series!
Joni
Idk idk idk... I'm still torn on her decision... But overall I loved loved this book! Just as good as the first one :)
Rebecca
Loved it better than the first book! Great sequel!! "I remember" Sigh! Beware of a love triangle!
Kelsie
i am so glad that it came out early. and i loved the ending!!!
Charlotte Wiebe
I'm soooooo in love with this book. Even better than the first.
Dejana Vuletić
My aching heart! Gah! I can't deal with all the feels!

It's been a while since I read Falling In Between, but when I dove into this book, I returned to the story almost immediately. Everything came back like that *snaps fingers like a boss* and I couldn't believe I actually waited this long to finally uncover the ending of Jenna's story.

Falling Away was BY FAR so much better than the first book. In this book really get to know Evan/Chance in reality, and we get to see the chemistry between him an...more
Na Deela
Awwwwwwwww! I definitely liked book 2 better. I just read my review of book 1 and I don't remember feeling quite that annoyed. When I saw this one was out I remembered having wanted the main character to end up with one person when she ended up with another. I guess that's why I was so dissapointed. Well anyway, I really enjoyed this one. I didn't give it 5 stars because I felt there were a few inconsistencies in the story. Other than that though, I really got into the story and was very eager t...more
albregia
After a rather unimpressed reaction to Falling in Between, I'm glad to see Devon Ashley deliver the awesomeness I've come to expect of her after Ordained.

Falling Away is still smutty, and cheeky, and loads of fun. But my Triangle-Rage from the previous book takes a turn for the better, with much more Evan and a lot less Robert. To paraphrase what the old lady in Jane's aunt's funeral in Coupling so eloquently says, "I never liked the bitch." I'm glad I stuck with the series, as we are given a l...more
cant wait 3 10 Feb 19, 2013 09:31AM
  • The Healing and the Dying (Tooth and Claw, #2)
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • The Unleashed (Blemished, #3)
  • Pinned (SSU Boys, #1)
  • Head Shy (Dark Horse, #2.2)
  • The Chimera Affair
  • Touching Eternity (Touch, #1.5)
  • For Always
  • Awakened (Few Are Angels, #2)
  • Ricochet
  • Pieces (The Breakaway, #2)
  • Savor
  • Ashes and Ice (Ashes and Ice, #1)
  • Unfurl (Ripple, #3)
  • Her Master's Kiss 4 (Her Master's Kiss, #4)
  • Hot Blooded (Wolf Springs Chronicles, #2)
  • Ever My Merlin (My Merlin, #3)
  • Wicked Kiss (Nightwatchers, #2)
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Devon-A...

Ordained awarded 2011 Reader Views First Place for Best Fantasy

Favorite Silly Quote: Cedric didn't die. Carlisle found him and turned him into Edward.
Interesting Fact: I share my birthday with my favorite author, Jane Austen.
More about Devon Ashley...
Nearly Broken (Nearly, #1) Falling in Between (Falling, #1) Ordained (The Immortal Archives, #1) Dust (Of Dust and Darkness, #1) Waiting On My Reason

“I do love you. And I never gave you anything less than everything I had to give. - Jenna Baker” 35 likes
“I have to go, Jenna", he whispered, sounding shaky, like he questioned the decision himself. He released the hold and squatted to retrieve his bag, leaving me to sway in the air, ready to collapse any second, as he walked away forever. And it ate me up inside. Forever.

"Evan?"

"Yeah?" he answered, turning back as his hand gripped the door.

"I do love you. And i never gave you anything less than everything i had to give" A solitary tear managed to break through my defenses. "And i'll always regret that it wasn't enough"

"Me, too" And just as he slid out into the hallway, marking the beginning of forever, he quietly added "Because i would've spent my life with you”
10 likes