Start by marking “Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #1)

Demons at Deadnight (Divinicus Nex Chronicles #1)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  6,253 Ratings  ·  631 Reviews
There is an alternate cover edition for this ASIN here.

For seventeen-year-old Aurora Lahey, survival is a lifestyle.

DEMONIC DESTINY
Aurora has the crappiest superpower on the planet. And it's just unleashed a hit squad from hell. Demons are on the hunt, salivating to carve her carcass into confetti.

CHARISMATIC KILLERS
The Hex Boys--mysterious, hunky, and notorious fo
Published January 5th 2012 by A&E Kirk

To ask other readers questions about Demons at Deadnight, please sign up.

Aj the Ravenous Reader Although there is romance here, it isn't a lot, Kelsi and it's not the annoying, dramatic, overpowering kind. It's funny and enjoyable.^^

Katerina
Sep 30, 2015 Katerina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Bad things happen and somehow the Hex Boys are always nearby.”

Six notorious and hextraordinarily gorgeous boys.
One clumsy girl.
And a horde of bloodthirsty gross demons.
What could possibly go wrong?
(well since you've asked, everything can go wrong.You just laugh your ass off while it does.)

“The monstrous body heaved for a powerful flap,ready to propel us high in the air and me to my doom.It would probably strip my flesh while giving me vocabulary lessons.I'd be dead but smarter.How's that
Etnik
____________________________________________
“I launched into a graceful ninja-like front roll, then stood my ground to face the monstrous heathen, fearless in my determination to vanquish the deadly foe.

Nah, just kidding. I bolted, discretion being the better part of not getting dead.”

____________________________________________

What I thought I will get from reading this:

description

-paranormal girl who in insecure because she has lived alone all her life or has a bad family
-instalove in the first pe

Aj the Ravenous Reader
Sep 27, 2015 Aj the Ravenous Reader rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aj the Ravenous Reader by: Ash and Melissa (Ever So Mela)

I had a really awesome weekend because of this book that gave me 404 pages of pure laughter and I’m really grateful to the awesome mother and daughter (A&E Kirk) authors and to my lovely friends, Ash and M short for Melissa (Ever so Mela) whose reviews convinced me to read the book. (Click their names for their reviews.) Actually, M kind of harassed me into reading the book and I’m ever thankful. Lol. I mean, who would not be? Six equally non-cheesy, hot heroes with equally impressive magica
A&E
Dec 15, 2011 A&E rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
It's our book so we're admittedly biased. But hopefully you'll enjoy it too!

Here's the first chapter...

Chapter One

Someone’s car was totaled and it wasn’t my fault.

But who’s going to believe a teenager? “The demon did it” excuse, while more creative than “the dog ate my homework,” was still as unbelievable. And much more likely to get me sent to the psych ward. So when the fang-filled flying hellion barely missed me and dropped like a wrecking ball onto the SUV, exploding shattered bits of glas
Pearl Angeli
I've read this book as a birthday gift to one of my sweetest friends here in Goodreads, AJ the Ravenous Reader (Click her name to read her awesome review of this book) :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GORGEOUS!

Demons at Deadnight offered a great introduction to a series, with such an interesting premise-- featuring demons and demon hunters. This book started out really, really good. And it has tons of crazy humor that got me really cracking out loud. I love the main character Aurora Lahey who is all kinds of
Hershey

Three things you will absolutely love in this book:
1) It is completely hilarious
2) It is completely action - packed and
3) It is completely awesome!

The one thing I love about books is that it has the ability to think and make you laugh. This book made me laugh so hard that sometimes I'd keep reading the same joke again and again just to continue my laughter.

Aurora Lahey proved to be an excellent female lead whom I loved very much.
Things you might love about Aurora
1) She's courageous
Clarté
Dec 22, 2012 Clarté rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Soooo... I effing loved this book! I'm freaking happy I read it!
Wut.
WHAT?????
You haven't read it?

GO RIGHT NOW AND READ IT!!!
I may throw some s bombs. No, not what you think of, you naughty, spoiler bombs. And unless you want to become a pancake under one of them and then get yourself blown up and shredded into bloody, unidentifiable pieces, you LEAVE RIGHT NOW AND READ DEMONS AT DEADNIGHT!!!

For the rest of you whom I managed not to scare away, you are very welcome to read my rant review on Da
Rachel Maniacup
Sep 28, 2015 Rachel Maniacup rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Rachel by: Aj the Ravenous Reader
OMG! What a FUN-FREAKIN'-TASTIC book! I never expected that this is going to be so much fun that It made me giddy over the chapters,I enjoyed it so much! Thanks to my dear little sis who recommended this to me.It sure did make my day and completely awoke me from my slumps.^^

This is a story of a 17 year old girl,named Aurora Lahey who has recently moved back to the town she grew up in(together with her family).It's here when all the "demon-chasing Aurora" had began. Yes,our one and only female pr
Galla
Jan 17, 2012 Galla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
"Trust me, if I can see you, I can smite you." - Aurora Lahey

Holy crap, this book was fun. Okay: imagine, if you will, the Black Dagger Brotherhood, only they're teenagers, and they aren't vampires, and they don't have 400 pages each worth of angst-driven back story, and they're written with a Goonies-like combination of charm and goofiness--but instead of bikes and baby fat, they have cars and chiseled abs. Those are the Hex Boys, a crew of six demon-hunters who each have a unique supernatural
★Jasmine☆ [HIATUS]
Sep 10, 2015 ★Jasmine☆ [HIATUS] rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves demons and...romance.
Actual rating: 3.5/5 Nex stars

Beginning(3/5 stars)

The story was told in Aurora Lahey's POV and it started in an intriguing way. There weren't many descriptions about settings, people, or anything special in the first few pages; instead, Aurora jumped into chaos and brought the readers with her. Best part was that she met her Prince Charming Hex Knight, Ayden Ishida, really soon after that. Plus, like I mentioned before, I literally choked on my own laughter from the first chapter. It was aweso

Ash Reads
Apr 18, 2015 Ash Reads rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Ash by: Melissa (Ever So Mela)
I read this via Kindle Unlimited - GO CHECK IT OUT!

SEPTEMBER 8&9 -- Rereading this because I've been in the reading slump from hell over the past few days, and I need to read something that I absolutely know I love....hopefully this helps me get out of this rut!

This book, omg I love this book! My first review still stands....except I loved it even more the 2nd time around!!! Hopefully this is exactly what I needed to get me to get invested in the books I read, at least for a while. That s
Jilly
Sep 28, 2015 Jilly rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This book is a fast-paced fun-filled ride that had me laughing quite a bit. It's YA Urban Fantasy, and there is a very special snowflake, but it is still a burrito of awesomeness smothered in that red sauce and cheese. Oh, with guacamole and sour cream.... hmmm, I think I'm hungry...

Okay... I stopped for a snack for a minute. I'm back.
So, we have Aurora, our special snowflake. She can see demons and has spent all of her teen years running away from them. She was attacked badly, by humans, and he
rin
“Her dad’s coming,” she said, voice shrill.
“What?” we all said in unison.
Tristan, Ayden and the fairy looked at me and said, “What?”
“What?” I repeated, panicked and irritated at my lack of control in responding to a fairy I wasn’t supposed to see or hear.
“What?” came their reply.
“What?” I continued the theme of repetition because I lacked any form of explanation.
Ayden held up a hand for silence. “Why are you ‘whatting’?”
“What?”
The hand again. “Okay, stop that,” Ayden said.”

I can hundred-perce
Clara
** 2,5 stars **

This book started off really good, with the first scene opening with action and being hilarious, with a very enjoyable lead character. But unfortunately, the rest of the book didn’t do it for me as much as the beginning did.

The plot :
First, I thought the story was quite slow and that there was basically nothing much happening during the entire book. I felt like we were constantly going round and round in circles, me getting very frustrating at some point, even more so because
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
Second re-read: 27.12.15
Still loving it. Such an amazing series, and Ayden is so damn hot!

Re-Read: 08.06.14.
New rate: 5/4 stars.
My casting (Though, perhaps, should be looking a bit younger and Ayden & Jayden are twins, though can't choose how they look..):

This book is still freaking fantastic!! I love the Hex boys even more!!! And dude, if you haven't read this book, then your seriously missing out on something amazing!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, PEOPLE!

This was just what i needed!! Im pretty s
Navessa
Before I begin my review I have to confess that at one point while reading this book I was laughing so hard that my fiancé came into the room and told me I sounded like Stewie when he finds something to be so funny that he loses all control over what his normal laughter sounds like.

Let’s start with the main character, Aurora, aka Divinicus Nex. She’s snarky, quirky, funny and can see demons. She knows when to talk shit, when to keep her mouth shut, when to fight and when to run for the frigging
Jen  (In the Closet With a Bibliophile)
Seriously hilarious! This book was fabulous and suspenseful. I only wish I was lucky enough to have only guy friends in high school because WOW, that would have made things so much more pleasant. Besides, if those boys were the Hex Boys...WIN! I've a sudden urge to molest some hard rock abs. Then again, don't we all?! YUM!

Full Review (Updated 2/7/2012):

Snarky, fast and furious, Demons at Deadnight by A & E Kirk is fast paced and hilarious, providing an epically fantastic read and and seriou
Tormenta
Esto es un desahogo-reseña. Por favor, no te tomes tan en serio lo que voy a decir a continuación... ¿O sí?

Sin sentido.

Este libro es eso. Me costó más de doscientas páginas para acostumbrarme a esa prosa extraña. Lo leí en un documento protegido (seh, lo que hace la pobreza) así que no pude copiar algunas de las frases/situaciones que más me molestaron. A parte no tenía ganas. Lo que hace la vagancia también, che.
La verdad es que me di cuenta de que este libro no fue hecho para mí. (JÁ, COMO SI
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Sep 01, 2014 Melissa (Ever So Mela) rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Melissa (Ever So Mela) by: Anna (Enchanted by YA)
A comparable description of my wedding. Meet my grooms, the hex boys. See how they enthusiastically stand in line to marry me?

Yes, I know you wish you were me at this moment. Don't worry, it's OK to dream big. :D

On with the review...

Reasons I read this book:

1)Anna: She kept gushing about it. I basically saw it, for a week straight, on my goodreads update.

2) The Cover : Yeah, I know. It's lead me astray sooo many times but I am nothing if not habit bound.

3) The Hex boys : What? I like to have ch
Julia
I was pretty sure paranormal wasn't my genre before I checked my shelves and found out that, actually, 50% of my favs were paranormal. Ouch.

I was really excited to read Demons at Deadnight by A&E Kirk, 'cause words like hilarious/funny/witty were in every review and well, I wanted to read something hilarious/funny/witty. So I didn't read an annotation to give myself no hints about this book. And I made the right decision yay, finally!

Aurora Lahey's life had seemed normal (well, except for th
Annika
Even after re-reading this book, it is still one of my favorite Urban Fantasy reads of all time.
Incredibly funny inner voice, hilarious dialogues, tons of lovable characters stuffed with personality and wit, captivating suspense and well-wrought mystery.

"Ironic, is it not, that the great Divinicus Nex cowers in fear from that which should be her fated prey? A decidedly diametric circumstance."
Hannah G
Nov 09, 2016 Hannah G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who like fantasy books
I'm rating this book 4.25 stars. First of all the cover was perfect for this book. I absolutely love it. I liked this book and loved the group and family dynamic within it. The hex boys and Aurora scenes were perfectly done and the dialogue flowed naturally. This book had everything it needed action, fantasy, mystery, humour, and a tiny bit of romance. I'm totally team Ayden by the way. Ayden was my favourite character of this book. The heroine I liked but not loved. I was glad she wasn't stupid ...more
Booknut
“Ironic, is it not, that the great Divinicus Nex cowers in fear from that which should be her fated prey? A decidedly diametric circumstance."

What? It's irritating when the monster hunting you has a better vocabulary than your own. Maybe it could do my eulogy?”

It's bad enough getting chased by demons. But demons with exceptional vocabularies? That just burns.

Aurora's been chased by demons, ever since her near-fatal accident. Why do they chase her? She doesn't know. All she knows is that they're
Maggie ☘ (Reader in Wonderland)
* This book was so hilarious! And there aren't many books that can make me laugh like this one. If you want to read something light and funny - try Demons at Deadnight!

“Want some ice cream?"
His head bumped the frame. "Ouch! What?" His voice was back to normal. He turned around. "Don't offer me ice cream. I just broke into your room and threatened you.”

*The Hex Boys - Ayden, Blake, Jayden, Logan, Tristan and Matthias.
Every one of the characters was vastly different, which is absolutely amazing,
Melissa
Dec 22, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book opens introducing us to the heroine, Aurora. She is described as having long auburn curly hair, blue eyes and impossibly long legs. I admit that last description made me jelly so I was looking forward to hating Aurora. But, no. In the first chapter I see that she is funny, snarky, and a bit goofy. Shoot. I was going to like her. *looks down at short legs* Oh well... ;D

We find that Aurora has a gift... or a curse. She can see demons and they know about her. Why? The purpose? Well, that i
Chloe Friend
description

^^^ This is honestly what I'm like right now, minus the beard, I can't believe it was that good!!!!

I'm not doing to lie, I wasn't expecting much from this book, I read it more out of boredom than an actual need to read it but boy am I glad I am. I can say with all honesty, hand on heart, that there was not a single part of this book I didn't love with everything that I am!!!!!

Hex Boys, I need you all!!!! Right here, right now!!!!!!! I don't care which one of you, you all hold my heart!!! I neve
Missie
Jan 08, 2012 Missie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When there's something strange in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call? Ghost Bustser The Hexy Knights, aka, the Hex Boys, aka, my Superhero Harem! Well, at least, that's who I'm calling! No, seriously, I'm calling right now, and I'm beginning to think they've blocked my number... Can't imagine why, it's only like the 100th time I've called. But that's another story.

Soon after moving back to her childhood hometown, Aurora Lahey not only reunites with some old friends, she also determines to sta
Henz
You know what? Reading this book made me remember this anime I fangirled way way back. It’s called Fushigi Yuugi … LOL

They were kind of similar because there’s this heroine and she’s surrounded by gorgeous guys except they are not called the celestial guardians of Suzaku but the awesome HEX BOYS who are on a mission to protect her well except for the asshole Matthias. Can I sign these guys up in my Harem?!!! LOL (^^)

To me I think Ayden is like Tamahome … hahahaha … … and Aurora is like Miaka, cl
Kat

You know those time when you can fall back, jump out of reality and into another real world?

This was that kind of book.

But instead we jumped in Aurora's world of demons, kicking butt or in her case, falling on butt and getting back up again.

She had hilarious comebacks and such a realistic persona, she certainly disproved those other reviews who view Aurora as "naive" or a failed attempt at creating and developing a heroine. Can I just say the character development for her, and the Hexy Knights
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Sep 10, 2015 08:35PM
Am I the only person in love with this book? 32 95 Aug 29, 2015 08:24PM
the book eaters: This topic has been closed to new comments. Demons At Deadnight May BOTM 1 8 Jun 05, 2015 06:17PM
MORE BOOKS LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!! 7 168 Oct 20, 2014 12:16AM
True book lovers! <3: Your Favourite Hex Boy? 1 35 Aug 09, 2014 04:43AM
Need more books like this.Any suggestions? 8 212 May 25, 2014 08:08PM
humorous ya fantasy 3 67 Apr 16, 2013 02:50PM
  • Haze (The Rephaim, #2)
  • King Cave (Forever Evermore, #2)
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Volcrian's Hunt (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #3)
  • Refuge (Relentless #2)
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Hereditary (Beatrice Harrow #1)
  • Crushed (Soul Eaters, #2)
  • Ransom (Redemption, #2)
  • Fated (Fated, #1)
  • What Kills Me (What Kills Me, #1)
  • Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1)
  • Angelbound (Angelbound Origins #1)
  • The Drifting (The Velesi Trilogy, #2)
  • Prophecy Girl (Angel Academy, #1)
We are A & E Kirk, the Best Selling Mother/Daughter writing duo of YA Paranormal Urban Fantasy Romance Thrillers loaded with action, adventure, twists and turns, and huge doses of humor. We write about dangerous supernatural creatures, hot guys, and sassy heroines full of snark.

Our Divinicus Nex Series has topped the Amazon charts, and Midnight Poison, the first book in our new Paranormal Pois
More about A&amp;E Kirk...

Divinicus Nex Chronicles (6 books)
  • Drop Dead Demons (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #2)
  • Demons in Disguise (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #3)
  • Dark Demon Knights (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #4)
  • Untitled (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #5)
  • Untitled (Divinicus Nex Chronicles, #6)

152 likes
“Ayden and Blake stared each other down.
"Oh. My. God," Luna blurted from Ayden's back seat. "It's a love triangle."
We all looked at her like she'd sprouted an alien from her head. "it's just like in a book. Two guys after one girl and-"
I groaned. "That's ridiculous, Luna, this is not a love triangle."
"Says the girl in the middle of a love triangle. Luna ignored my protests and prattled on. "Not one Hexy Boy but two. I've got to call Danica. Oooo," she squealed and clapped her hands,"We could have teams. Team Ayden and Team Blake. With T-shirt and buttons and-"
"I could make a website," Lucian offered.
"No!" My voice pitched with panic. "No teams. No shirts. No-"
"I'll get you some headshots," Blake said, turning his profile towards Luna and Lucian. "I've been told the left is my best side. What do you think?"
"Aurora's right," Ayden said. "This is buts. Blake you can follow us-"
"Dude, you know no one would pick Team Ayden. You're just jealous."
"That's not true. My team would be way bigger than yours."
"Dare to dream, little man, dare to dream."
"Care to make a wager on it?"
"Absolutely."
"Fine. How about-"
"You two shut up!" I shoved myself out of the car.”
98 likes