Start by marking “Another Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #2)” as Want to Read:
Another Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #2)

Another Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock #2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  669 ratings  ·  49 reviews
In Dumb Jock, Jeff and Brett fall in love, but their relationship is not without challenges. Brett’s a football star, and Jeff is the classic nerd. Their coming of age and coming out story is set in the 1980s, and they face many obstacles. Yet their love for each other is strong, and they finally get their happy ending.

Now, almost three decades later, their children are te
Published January 16th 2012 by Amazon

To ask other readers questions about Another Dumb Jock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Dumb Jock

Edina Rose
This book follows Dumb Jock 20-something years after high school opposites Jeff and Brett became an item. They have 2 teenage kids and this book shows how their son Adam comes to terms with his identity.

Adam is a jock, star of the baseball team, gorgeous, popular blablabla.

But Adam has 2 problems. He hates how effeminate one of his parents is and tries as much as possible to emulate his more masculine dad. And he does not want to be gay like his parents.

Life will teach him that:
- In a gay coupl
Madison Parker
Wow!! I really love this story. First of all, I'm so happy to be reunited with Jeff and Brett. It was so heartwarming to get of glimpse of their mature, loving relationship, and to see their relationship with their children. So nice to see that Brett's parents came around!

But this story centers on their son, Adam. Adam is a teenager who loves both of his dads very much, but as any typical teenager, is somewhat embarrassed by the way his father acts. To make matters worse, he gets a lot of sh*t
Jerry
A very unique twist on a sequel. The first book Dumb Jock, is from the point of view of the "sensitive" nerd who knows he is gay and is in love with the "dumb jock". Another Dumb Jock is from the view of a "dumb jock", who in reality is not dumb, well actually none of them are dumb and none of them are nerds (well Joey probably is). What a wonderful vehicle to campare and contrast two very different times in school. How far we have come--and how far we have yet to go! How Mr. Erno can realistica ...more
John Ames
Jeff Erno did it again! Another Dumb Jock is an instant classic!

In Dumb Jock we met Brett Willson and Jeff Irwin. Fast forward twenty-five years later and we meet their son Adam Willson, who like his Dad, is another dumb jock. This amazing and thrilling story tells the story of Adam as he struggles to accept his Father and his own sexuality. Every page is page turner that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is thinking about reading it. Trust me, yo
MandyM
3.5 stars. Very sweet and romantic story of a teen who is working through the feelings he has for his two gay dads at the same time that he is finding out about his own sexuality. It's written in a deceptively simple YA style but actually tackles a lot of profound issues regarding parents and role models. The storyline is a little bit 'too good to be true' for me but if I was a gay kid I would probably think this was the most AWESOME book in the world!
T.A. Webb
Almost thirty years ago now, Jeff and Brett fell in love. Jeff was a classic nerd, picked to tutor football star Brett. The course of their love wasn't easy, but they stuck it out and formed their own family. Now, their have kids of their own. Their son Adam is fifteen, and their daughter Lisa a couple of years older. They each donated sperm and it's pretty obvious to Adam, the baseball jock, that he's Brett's biological son.

And that's part of the problem. Adam's getting into fights at school an
DarienMoya
4.5

Jeff always makes my heart feel super happy. I loved Dumb Jock, which had me smiling, cheering, and crying, and he does it again with the sequel. This one focuses on the children of Jeff and Brett from the first book. Their son Adam is ball player, he’s popular but he still deals with prejudices when people find out he has two fathers. He defends his sexuality the only way he knows how to, with a fist to the accusers face.

Adam is also embarrassed of his father Jeff, who he feels is to femini
Kim
Jeff did it again. I loved it and didn't want it to end.
Vivian Archer
Accepting who we are and the ones we love for who they are.

Brett and Jeff twenty-five years later. We meet their two children, Lisa and Adam. A family navigating the ins and outs of everyday life with teens. Egads.

The story is told from Adam viewpoint and it is interesting to see the different perspective on his dads' relationship. Like all teens, it isn't easy. Adam deals with the smack talk about his dads at school. Unfortunately, his solution leads to suspension and tutoring for the classes
Elisa Rolle
This is not the first book I read by Jeff Erno, I have even read the previous one in this series, Dumb Jock, that is basically the story of Adam’s parents, Jeff and Brett, but Another Dumb Jock felt a completely different book, more mature and contained, and above all, more Young Adult than the previous one. Dumb Jock was about teenagers, but if I remember well, there was quite the presence of sex, so that my recommendation was to consider a target of late teenagers if not adult for that one. An ...more
Major English (Laura)
I liked this better than the original Dumb Jock. I thought the relationship between the two boys in this story was a lot more enjoyable than the relationship between the two boys in the original Dumb Jock. This book is not without its angst or darker moments, and there were some plot lines in this that I did not like, but overall I liked it. It's been a while since I read it, so I don't remember all of it. But my overall Impression is that I liked it.

I also thought that this was an interesting w
Brian
I found this one to be a bit off for me. Adam's voice seemed a bit inconsistent with his character. He seemed a bit too mature at times in the beginning of the book, which didn't seem to really sync with his character, though it was quite perfect for who he was at the end of the book.

(view spoiler)
David
I give it.. 5.1!!! Hmm.. what to say.. IT'S JUST THE BEST! Everything is there. Romance, drama etc. I really love Adam. He's so LOYAL, super caring and sweet. No. I love all of them. The dads, Adam and Trevor <3 Wonder if there's a trilogy to this haha? i mean not about their future. maybe their relatives or something and they get to involve too :p
Purplegirl
This was just sweetness and lollipops. It was nice to see Jeff and Brett grown and still together. Everyone was mostly happy and getting along. It was different to see the little tutor not so outwardly worshipping the jock, as usual. It was a good change. I enjoyed the book.
Maggie Simms
This was a light and airy read. Jeff's captures teen dialogue really well. It was so nice to see more of Jeff and Brett. Trevor and Adam were really likable characters. It was a nice touch to have this one from the jock's point of view.
Lori
Just like the first book this was just lovely. All the more poignant for me as my brother and brother-in-law adopted their third son today. Thanks for such a sweet read.
Veronica /  V
Another wonderful story, I can't believe it took me so long to read this series.

Jeff Erno
Jan 20, 2012 Jeff Erno added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Now available on Amazon.
Jen Wilson
Another great book.
Curtis
An interesting continuation of Jeff Erno's Dumb Jock focuses on Jeff & Brett's son, Adam. Adam gets into some trouble at school and is struggling in a few of his classes, so Jeff gets their son a tutor, Trevor. Trevor is confidently out, something Adam may have a problem with since he's made it a point of letting people know that just because his dads are gay, it doesn't mean he is, too. But spending time with Trevor rouses some curiosities for Adam that he might finally feel compelled to ac ...more
GayListBookReviews
This one I absolutely loved!

Again, with the same premise, we meet Jeff and Brett again, but this time they are the parents of young jock Adam.

Adam gets in trouble at school, gets suspended, and after finding out he is failing several classes, his parents decide to hire a tutor.

And so it begins… just like his parents once upon the time.

But here Adam is reluctant to identify himself as gay. He refuses to acknowledge his sexuality and give the bullies another reason to called his parents names. It
Raisa
this book was about adam, brett and jeff's son. Adam is always fighting someone at school because they make comments about his gay fathers, and Adam is always denying he is not gay, but that changes when he meets Trevor, who is out and proud of who he is, but that might be difficult for adam because he is still in the closet!

i loved their relationship, and i hated how trevor had to stand the beatens from his mothers boyfriend.
i loved how Adams parents ( jeff and brett) helped them and accepted t
Charneen
The fact that Adam is so much like "Father" was just brilliant loved it and adored Trevor
Juan
The One Thing I Truly Enjoyed From This Book Was How We Were Viewing Things From The Point Of The Jock And Not The Nerd(LOL). That`s What Made This Book Unique From All The Books That Are In This Type Of Category.

The One Thing That Really Mesmerize Me Was When Adam Learn Who His Mother Was I Really Had To Close The Book For A While And Just Take In What I Had Read Dont Know Why But It Just Shocked Me And I Had To Ask My Self What Would I Have Done In His Position It Was Totally...Something.
Connie
This one I absolutely loved!
Adam gets in trouble at school, gets suspended and after finding out he is failing several classes his parents decide to hire a tutor.
And so it begins… just like his parents once upon the time.

Read more @ Gay List Book Reviews
Shaundra
Awww, wow, and yeah!!!
Elci
This was such a nice read. It was great meeting up with Brett and Jeff from Dumb Jock. Adam (their son) is a jock, who's trying to figure himself out. With the help of Trevor (math tutor), Adam realizes who he really is and what he's capable of.

Totally recommended.
Martijn Hartman-maatman
Follow up on the first one, just adds a little to the story
Dreamspinner Press: Another Dumb Jock by Jeff Erno 1 9 Jul 17, 2013 05:34AM
  • Raise Your Glass (Tales from Foster High, #3)
  • The Decisions We Make
  • Wrestling with Desire (Wrestling #1)
  • Play Me, I'm Yours
  • Superhero
  • Kamikaze Boys
  • Surviving Elite High (Surviving Elite High, #1)
  • The Price of Falling
  • Abandoned (Little Boy Lost, #2)
  • Safe
  • Outtakes of A Walking Mistake
  • A Place To Run (The Making of a Man, #2)
  • Heartless (Keeping Secrets #1)
  • Just Hit Send
  • The Zero Knot
Jeff Erno currently lives in southern Michigan. He holds a bachelor's degree in business management and human resources. Jeff began writing stories in the late 1990's and initially posted them to a free online amateur website. The positive feedback he received from readers encouraged him to continue, and this eventually led to the publication of his first novel, Dumb Jock. Erno has subsequently pu ...more
More about Jeff Erno...

Dumb Jock (5 books)
  • Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #1)
  • Appearances Matter (Dumb Jock, #3)
  • Dumb Jock: The Musical (Dumb Jock, #4)
  • Two Dumb Jocks (Dumb Jock, #5)
Invisible Trust Me Dumb Jock (Dumb Jock, #1) Puppy Love (Puppy Love, #1) We Danced

“Okay, rule number one: if you do not understand something, you need to stop me and tell me you don’t understand. If I ask if you’ve got it and you say you’ve got it but you don’t really have it, then it’s not my fault that you haven’t got it. Got it?” 8 likes