Start by marking “Don't Look Back” as Want to Read:
Don't Look Back

Don't Look Back

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  13,991 ratings  ·  2,183 reviews
Samantha is a stranger in her own life. Until the night she disappeared with her best friend, Cassie, everyone said Sam had it all-popularity, wealth, and a dream boyfriend.

Sam has resurfaced, but she has no recollection of who she was or what happened to her that night. As she tries to piece together her life from before, she realizes it's one she no longer wants any par
Published April 15th 2014 by Disney Hyperion (first published April 10th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Don't Look Back, please sign up.

Katie I have read the lying game book series. (all seven) Those are definitely great books. But this isn't exactly like those… Though somewhat along the…moreI have read the lying game book series. (all seven) Those are definitely great books. But this isn't exactly like those… Though somewhat along the same lines. Still recommend this as a definite book to read. One of my new favorites!(less)
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
53rd out of 2,645 books — 15,843 voters
Captivated by You by Sylvia DayBeautiful Oblivion by Jamie McGuireThe King by J.R. WardCity of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareRush Too Far by Abbi Glines
Most anticipated books of 2014
51st out of 2,215 books — 9,818 voters

More lists with this book...

Lola
description

(My reaction when the moment for the revelation came.) Quite an interesting story. I kept reading, despite some flaws and insufficiency of originality here and there, because the plot just sucks you in and doesn’t let go. Jennifer L. Armentrout’s books are addictive, that’s for sure. Any complaint for that? Not now, not ever.

This is the story of Samantha and her trying to find what happened to her best (dead) friend, Cassie. Sam is popular, rich, beautiful and has it all…or so it may seem at fir
Tough Critic Book Reviews
After spending 24 of the last 48 hours in the nursing lab, I thought...

[image error]

Then I discovered there was going to be a new Jennifer L. Armentrout Book...

This is absolutely...

HALLELUJAH!!!!!!

Sue -Celebrating Pictures, Images and Photos

And the world makes sense again :-)
Khanh (Clowns, Nightmares, and Bunnies)
Actual rating: 3.5
“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m not proud of it. Even though you didn’t have that damn necklace on, as far as I knew, you were still with Del. And I’m not big on making out with another guy’s girlfriend."
The apocalypse has arrived, and the signs started with Khanh liking a bad-boy love interest within an Armentrout novel.

I've read a lot of Armentrout books, and I have to say that this was my favorite in her repertoire. It was not amazing, but like all Armentrout works
Molly McAdams
**I was given an early version of this book**

Oh holy straight jacket and a padded room!

I'm...wow. This book will be a huge treat for Jennifer Armentrout fans. I've always loved everything she wrote, and this book was no exception. But I quite literally couldn't put this book down!

So be prepared for that...don't start it when you've just gotten in bed. You won't sleep until it's over.

I wasn't just gripped by the story, I felt like I fell headfirst into Sam's life and was right there through eve
Kassidy
*4.75*

I could not stop reading this book! I love the romance and the plot twists, the whole thing is captivating. The main character is put in a really interesting situation where she is questioning her sanity and it was intriguing as a reader to experience that with her. However, I think some of the plot points are predictable, and although I like the main character, she could be really naive.
Overall, a super fun and entertaining book and sucked me in!
Giselle
With a strong blurb and a cover that's both creepy and pretty, I went into this one with a lot of expectations. It is my favorite genre and an author I've previously enjoyed, after all. I can't say I'm disappointed, exactly, but I'm sad that didn't end up loving this one as much as I was hoping.

Amnesia is a commonly used trope in mystery novels, but I still find myself drawn to them every time. Even though it's been done before, I found the memory loss aspect very well executed. When Samantha r
Christy
 photo ce4b9116-0b90-4a88-b19e-6266a9195bae_zpsf61f1feb.jpg

Samantha and her best friend Cassie have been missing for days. When Sam is found, she doesn’t know her own name. Doesn’t recognize her parents, her brother, her friends, even her boyfriend. She can’t tell anyone what happened or where Cassie is. She has no idea. All personal details of her life are missing. But is it a bad thing?

Lets be honest- Samantha was a bitch. She was a mean girl. All of her friends are mean girls too. Cassie was quite possibly the meanest of them all. This new Sam doesn
Charmaine
Kind of "We Were Liars" meets "Twilight" meets every Lifetime movie ever. I'd recommend it.
Pavlina loves Dex ❤❤
4,5 STARS

"Don't look back.
You won't like
what you find."

Wow it was amazing!!I really enjoyed it!It hooked me from the first page until the end!!I loved the mystery and suspense!!I couldn't guess who was the killer and honestly when I learn, it was a shock for me!!It's really a great change of pace for the author and I hope that she will write more books like this!!And the fact that the romance was secondary didn't bother me at all!!This is a YA thriller...so be prepared... :))

Two teenage girl
Lucia
Oct 03, 2013 Lucia marked it as to-read
Oh WOW, this is really cool!

Plamena
5 Stunning Stars!!!!!!

This book became one of my absolutely favourites before I ever finished it! I love Jennifer L. Armentrout because her writing is just perfect! The characters she creates and the stories she writes are always so unique and interesting that once you start reading...you can’t stop.

“Don’t look back” is one of the best stories Jennifer has ever written. It’s really different than her other books but as amazing as all of them. I didn’t know what to expect but she managed to surp
Sophie
4.5/5 stars!
the only thing I really want so say right now: OH HOLY DAMN THAT ENDING!!!
Praiz Sophyronja
My mother > everyone else.
She bought this for me because she recognised JLA's name from all the books around the house. This has been on my TBR list FOREVER so I am really excited!!!
Jamie-leigh Haughn
Armentrout does it again! This book was exciting and was full of so many twists and turns that I just couldn't put it down. I was second guessing every character and I did not know who to trust! This is a murder mystery that was done really well! I have to admit, one of the 2 characters I thought committed the murder was actually the one who did it, and I was pretty proud of myself for guessing right!

I highly recommend this book, it has just the right amount of creepy for Halloween time!
Nadd
Dec 01, 2012 Nadd marked it as to-read
GUYS! Did you read the synopsis?! DID YOU?!! It captured my attention! Why oh why, Ms Armentrout, you never failed to capture my attention like a piece of cake!

description
Annie Brewer
Jan 20, 2012 Annie Brewer marked it as to-read
Shelves: favorite-authors
I am so stoked for this!!! Jennifer has become one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to read all future books she comes out with!! Congrats Jennifer!!!!
Jillian (bookishandnerdy)
full review coming soon. BUT MY GOD I LOVED THIS.
Melissa Landers
HOT DAMN, this was good! This was a masterfully plotted mystery with one delicious, wicked twist after another. Fantastic romance, too--the whole package. Get your hands on this one when it releases in April!
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
I thought Jennifer did a brilliant job of keeping me guessing, not knowing who to blame or what had actually happened. It was incredibly enjoyable, but I was really hoping for what actually happened to have been....darker? Does that make me sound bad? I guess I thought the truth would have been bigger and badder then it was, but besides that, Jennifer spun a great mystery with a great set of characters.

Happy Reading!!!
Mona
Samantha und Cassie sind die zwei beliebtesten und schönsten Mädchen der Schule, doch eines Tages sind beide Mädchen wie vom Erdboden verschluckt. Vier Tage lang hört und sieht niemand was von ihnen, was nicht alle Mitschüler der beiden stört, denn die beiden Freundinnen haben andere oft terrorisiert und die Schule regiert. Doch plötzlich taucht Samatha wieder auf und schnell ist klar: Sie ist nicht mehr die Alte! Sie kann sich an rein gar nichts mehr erinnern und somit kann die Polizei nicht he ...more
Pearl Angeli
We were joined by the secret of that night, a memory I couldn't reach.

When a book has a major twist and you need to put it down to gather yourself because your mind is absolutely blown. Ugh. What an incredible book! Fast-paced, brilliantly well-written, and with an ending that surprises. This book kind of reminded me of Mara Dyer trilogy and CoHo's Never Never but sure thing, they are very different stories but all at the same time, equally astounding.

What I love about this book is that it's
Sophia Sardothien
This is a good light mystery book for people like me who don't often read mystery. It was intense at first but as the pages went by it wasn't that much anymore :( however the ending was a little shocking but it didn't have a OMG factor :) overall I like it
Kimmy
(From www.pingwings.ca)

This is only the second book of Jennifer Armentrout’s I’ve read. I bought this book right when it was released because the summary ticked a lot of my boxes: mean girls, missing person/possible murder mystery, a hint of the paranormal, and then of course that excellent cover! But then it sat on my shelf for months.

I’m so happy to report that I finally read and loved Don’t Look Back! The writing was great, and I love the way the author explored Sam’s relationship with her tw
Drew Tuá
4,5/5

AAAAAH, que genial. La Armentrout lo ha vuelto a hacer. ¡Leédlo!
Bekah AwesomeBookNut
3.5 full review to come...
Bookaholic (reads every mortal thing)
3.75

I am really, pleasantly surprised. Probably my favorite JLA book (let's ignore the 4 star and 5 star rating I gave for the Lux series. I read that last year and at that time, I gave everything I read a 4 star average. I'm too lazy to go back and re-read the book to change the rating. I will.

I was initially conflicted on how to rate and review this. Thats why it took so much of time. There were so many things that I liked but also a few which I found either unnecessary or pointless. I'
~Tina~
It’s no secret that Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of my all time favorite authors and it’s so hard not to go all screaming-fan-girl every time I read one of her books. But dame! She just keeps getting insanely better and better. In the last few years, I've really grown to like mystery books, but if Jennifer keeps writing like this, mystery is going to be my new favorite genre! Just wow!

Don’t Look Back, follows the story of a girl named Samantha Franco who is struggling with amnesia ever since sh
Krystal Bond
4.5 I really love mystery stories and this one did not disappoint. I did figure out the who done it portion, but it took me quite a long time and I still wasn't super certain I was right. I could barely put this book down, it was so intense and kept me on my toes in anticipation. I really liked the main character and her progression and realization of the type of person she used to be. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that enjoys fast paced mystery thrillers. Great read.
Evelina
Δεν περίμενα να μου αρέσει ιδιαίτερα το βιβλίο,αφού δεν ανήκει στο είδος που έχω συνηθίσει να διαβάσω από τη συγκεκριμένη (αγαπημένη) συγγραφέα,αλλά πραγματικά το λάτρεψα!!
Η Sam, εντοπίζεται από την αστυνομία ξυπόλητη,γεμάτη αίμα μα δεν μπορεί να θυμηθεί τι της συνέβη. Το μόνο που θυμάται είναι αίμα και ουρλιαχτά. H καλύτερη της φίλη,Cassie,που ήταν μαζί της εκείνο το βράδυ ,αγνοείται ακόμα. Και η Sam πρέπει τώρα να ανακαλύψει μέσα από τους άλλους ποια ήταν πραγματικά πριν χάσει τη μνήμη της.
H
Beatrice
There are some mystery novels that you can easily predict, and some will leave you speechless because you are caught off guard with the twist.

Don't Look Back is a light mystery novel with a bit of romance and it's my first Jennifer L. Armentrout book that I've read. I am captivated with the twist and I had fun trying to figure out of how this will end. On some parts, I find it a little predictable and somehow I guessed it right.

I listed my theories and whereabouts but I had difficulties on findi
  • Get Even (Don't Get Mad, #1)
  • Unchained (Nephilim Rising, #1)
  • Dark Metropolis (Dark Metropolis, #1)
  • Out of Control
  • The Hunt (Project Paper Doll, #2)
  • Pointe
  • The Rules for Breaking (The Rules for Disappearing, #2)
  • Nearly Gone (Nearly Gone, #1)
  • Searching for Beautiful
  • Erased (Altered, #2)
  • Remember Me (Find Me, #2)
  • Untitled Standalone
  • Sweet Reckoning (The Sweet Trilogy, #3)
  • The Warrior (Dante Walker, #3)
  • Welcome to the Dark House (Dark House, #1)
  • Crash into You (Pushing the Limits, #3)
  • Dissonance (Dissonance, #1)
  • Sweet Unrest

To email me, please use the below addy.
jenniferlarmentrout@live.com

# 1 New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author Jennifer L. Armentrout Lives in West Virginia.

All the rumors you heard
More about Jennifer L. Armentrout...
Obsidian (Lux, #1) Onyx (Lux, #2) Opal (Lux, #3) Origin (Lux, #4) Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)

“Money doesn't buy taste, personality, or common decency.” 55 likes
“I’m not sure I want to go to prom. I’m not sure I want to share you with anyone.” 12 likes