Start by marking “Meet Me In The Mountains” as Want to Read:
Meet Me In The Mountains

Meet Me In The Mountains

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Can you imagine laughing with a loved one and then, within the hour, they are gone?

Candy Marie Bridges takes you on a personal journey exposing lifelong challenges she faced including a father who drinks too much, two of her three children with auto immune diseases and the sudden wrongful death of her husband.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Meet Me In The Mountains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Meet Me In The Mountains

Terry
Nov 06, 2011 Terry rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christians, especially Catholics
Shelves: life-changers
Once in awhile, you find that rare gem of a book that touches you deep in your heart. In those intimate places where hope, discouragement, painful memories, past mistakes, etc. like to hide. This book does just that, however, it doesn't stop there. It brings along healing, hope & light; a pot of spiritual soup, good conversation and the love of a good friend with it...

Candy Marie Bridges is that friend. She shares her life as it has been thus far, and let me reassure you, it has not been an
I'm so proud of my mom for sharing her story through writing a memoir. She has a "the glass is half full" perspective and her faith has helped her be strong through the trials of life. I would recommend reading this book for a book study or as a reminder that perspective and attitude can change the outlook of any situation.
Teri
I just finished the book yesterday, and am still reflecting on how beautiful and honest it is. Candy admits to reading maybe 2 books prior to writing this one. Her writing flows from her heart and is not colored by other styles.

She takes us on a journey from her childhood to now. Going through her childhood and teen years reminded me of mine. It's funny the thoughts that go through your head when faced with different aspects of life. Like Candy, my dad abused alcohol and my parents divorced when
Ashley
I absolutely loved this book. I got a glimpse into a woman's life, and I don't even know her. I feel like I do know her now, and she feels like a friend. This book made me delve into my own life and look back at the good things/bad things and see how God worked through these occurences. I am only 26 years old (almost 27), so my life hasn't been too long; however, some lives are more eventful than others. I had a best friend like Candy, but she has sadly passed away. Now I consider my Husband my ...more
Roy
This book is called a memoir, perhaps better presented as an autobiography, the story of a woman who has seen much in her life and persevered through it, bolstered by her faith. It is written from the heart and is heart-felt and heart-touching. The telling is of and by a woman who shares her story with charm and grace. It is very personal, almost to the point where the reader can feel to be intruding. Yes the author has invited us into her life, very willing to share it.

We start by learning of t
Candy Bridges
Mar 06, 2013 Candy Bridges added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Catholic Christians

I have finished the narrated version of my memoir, Meet Me In The Mountains. You can listen to a sample and purchase at
Maggie
I enjoyed the book very much, she went through alot to get where she is at, in the mountains. Loved that she is so transparent about her trials and tribulations.
Doug Miller
An outstanding book dealing with heartache by a very determined lady. A book that I would recommend anyone to read.
Chris
Thanks goodreads for yet another good recommendation for free~!!!
Sharon
I read this book as a First Reads winner. I appreciate the story as a life lived for God. The author chose to take was given to her and make the best of it. It was refreshing to read of her desire to walk close to God and to always please him with her life. It was an easy read and therefore made for an enjoyable read. There was nothing extra special about the book other than it was her story. Maybe because I read many books I found it to be similar in many ways to other stories of hardship and w ...more
Michele
I loved the fact that pictures were included in this book. It was nice putting a face to the names.
Angel
This book was a quick read and somewhat of an inspirational read.

The one area that rubbed me the wrong way is that Candy seemed to think that anything that has "Catholic" stamped on it is somehow the better option. I have been raised in the Catholic church and I no longer call myself anything other than Spiritual. I don't care for anybody who thinks their way is THE WAY.

Emerald
Emerald marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2015
Maria
Maria added it
Jun 19, 2015
Malora Rogers
Malora Rogers marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Marc
Marc marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Charlene
Charlene marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Cheri
Cheri marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Pauline
Pauline marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Jodene
Jodene marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Kara King
Kara King marked it as to-read
Tandi Rios
Tandi Rios marked it as to-read
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Casey Chapman
Casey Chapman marked it as to-read
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Diane
Diane marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Catholic Readers: Do you like to listen to authors read thier own books? 1 12 Dec 27, 2012 04:50AM
Memoirs and Biogr...: Book Club reading question 1 12 Jun 15, 2012 06:09AM
Catholic Readers: It's been nine months 1 16 May 27, 2012 06:49AM
  • Highway to Hell: The Road Where Childhoods Are Stolen
  • Good God, Lousy World, and Me: The Improbable Journey of a Human Rights Activist from Unbelief to Faith
  • A Life Told from the Cloud
  • Flash: The Homeless Donkey Who Taught Me about Life, Faith, and Second Chances
  • The Sanctamooja and Me
  • Strictly G.I.: The WWII Letters of Cpl.Wanda M. Renn
  • The Sacred Thread: A True Story of Becoming a Mother and Finding a Family--Half a World Away
  • Where Were You? America Remembers the JFK Assassination
  • Confessions of a Prodigal Daughter
  • Majestic and Wild: True Stories Of Faith And Adventure In The Great Outdoors
  • 30 Days: A Devotional Memoir
  • Pale Girl Speaks: A Year Uncovered
  • Amy's Best Friend, Prayers Of A Child
  • Journey toward Justice: Personal Encounters in the Global South
  • Exploring Faith and Reason: The Reconciliation of Christianity and Biological Evolution
  • Pure and Modern Milk: An Environmental History Since 1900
  • Who's Your Father?: Returning to the Love of the Biblical God
  • Single Girls
As soon as I was born, my parents named me Candy Cotten.

Although the name sounds sweet, I turned out to be stubborn, faith-filled and theraputicly creative. Raised in Southern California until the age of twenty, I married Michael Roe in 1981. I was a stay at home mom and built up a home based business creating calligraphy projects for companies and myself. I also learned how to be a professional p
More about Candy Marie Bridges...