4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  25 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Can you imagine laughing with a loved one and then, within the hour, they are gone?

Candy Marie Bridges takes you on a personal journey exposing lifelong challenges she faced including a father who drinks too much, two of her three children with auto immune diseases and the sudden wrongful death of her husband.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published August 1st 2011)

Win a Copy of This Book

Meet Me In The Mountains
    I am giving away two signed copies of my book. Enter today.
    Giveaway dates: Jul 20 - Aug 20, 2014
    2 copies available, 66 people requesting
    Countries available: US
  • Friend Reviews

Terry
    Nov 06, 2011 Terry rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: Christians, especially Catholics
    Shelves: life-changers
    Once in awhile, you find that rare gem of a book that touches you deep in your heart. In those intimate places where hope, discouragement, painful memories, past mistakes, etc. like to hide. This book does just that, however, it doesn't stop there. It brings along healing, hope & light; a pot of spiritual soup, good conversation and the love of a good friend with it...

Candy Marie Bridges is that friend. She shares her life as it has been thus far, and let me reassure you, it has not been an...more
    I'm so proud of my mom for sharing her story through writing a memoir. She has a "the glass is half full" perspective and her faith has helped her be strong through the trials of life. I would recommend reading this book for a book study or as a reminder that perspective and attitude can change the outlook of any situation.
    Teri
    I just finished the book yesterday, and am still reflecting on how beautiful and honest it is. Candy admits to reading maybe 2 books prior to writing this one. Her writing flows from her heart and is not colored by other styles.

She takes us on a journey from her childhood to now. Going through her childhood and teen years reminded me of mine. It's funny the thoughts that go through your head when faced with different aspects of life. Like Candy, my dad abused alcohol and my parents divorced when...more
    Ashley
    I absolutely loved this book. I got a glimpse into a woman's life, and I don't even know her. I feel like I do know her now, and she feels like a friend. This book made me delve into my own life and look back at the good things/bad things and see how God worked through these occurences. I am only 26 years old (almost 27), so my life hasn't been too long; however, some lives are more eventful than others. I had a best friend like Candy, but she has sadly passed away. Now I consider my Husband my...more
    Roy
    This book is called a memoir, perhaps better presented as an autobiography, the story of a woman who has seen much in her life and persevered through it, bolstered by her faith. It is written from the heart and is heart-felt and heart-touching. The telling is of and by a woman who shares her story with charm and grace. It is very personal, almost to the point where the reader can feel to be intruding. Yes the author has invited us into her life, very willing to share it.

We start by learning of t...more
    Candy Bridges
    Mar 06, 2013 Candy Bridges added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    Recommends it for: Catholic Christians

I have finished the narrated version of my memoir, Meet Me In The Mountains. You can listen to a sample and purchase at
    Maggie
    I enjoyed the book very much, she went through alot to get where she is at, in the mountains. Loved that she is so transparent about her trials and tribulations.
    Doug Miller
    An outstanding book dealing with heartache by a very determined lady. A book that I would recommend anyone to read.
    Chris
    Thanks goodreads for yet another good recommendation for free~!!!
    Sharon
    I read this book as a First Reads winner. I appreciate the story as a life lived for God. The author chose to take was given to her and make the best of it. It was refreshing to read of her desire to walk close to God and to always please him with her life. It was an easy read and therefore made for an enjoyable read. There was nothing extra special about the book other than it was her story. Maybe because I read many books I found it to be similar in many ways to other stories of hardship and w...more
    Angel
    This book was a quick read and somewhat of an inspirational read.

The one area that rubbed me the wrong way is that Candy seemed to think that anything that has "Catholic" stamped on it is somehow the better option. I have been raised in the Catholic church and I no longer call myself anything other than Spiritual. I don't care for anybody who thinks their way is THE WAY.

Jennifer marked it as to-read
    Jul 24, 2014
    Debbie
    Debbie marked it as to-read
    Todd Rumsey
    Todd Rumsey marked it as to-read
    SB Morales
    SB Morales marked it as to-read
    Marlene French
    Marlene French marked it as to-read
    Laura Lee
    Laura Lee marked it as to-read
    Kimberly Bell
    Kimberly Bell marked it as to-read
    Alyssa Corpus
    Alyssa Corpus marked it as to-read
    Linda
    Linda marked it as to-read
    Sierra Lawrence
    Sierra Lawrence marked it as to-read
    Brittany
    Brittany marked it as to-read
    Kerri Stephenson
    Kerri Stephenson marked it as to-read
    Lana
    Lana marked it as to-read
    Kristi Richardson
    Kristi Richardson marked it as to-read
    Christina Borgoyn
    Christina Borgoyn marked it as to-read
    Pamela
    Pamela marked it as to-read
    Katie Harder-schauer
    Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
    Tamra LeValley
    Tamra LeValley marked it as to-read
    Jul 21, 2014
    Catholic Readers: Do you like to listen to authors read thier own books? 1 11 Dec 27, 2012 04:50AM
    Memoirs and Biogr...: Book Club reading question 1 12 Jun 15, 2012 06:09AM
    Catholic Readers: It's been nine months 1 16 May 27, 2012 06:49AM
    • Majestic and Wild: True Stories Of Faith And Adventure In The Great Outdoors
    • Where Were You? America Remembers the JFK Assassination
    • Weathering the Storm
    • Untold Story of the New Testament Church: An Extraordinary Guide to Understanding the New Testament
    • Seven in a Jeep
    • The Louisville Problem
    • Chocolate, Lies, and Murder (Amber Fox Mysteries #4)
    • The Geography of Memory: A Pilgrimage Through Alzheimer's
    • The Sacred Thread: A True Story of Becoming a Mother and Finding a Family--Half a World Away
    • The 3rd Option
    • Top Brain, Bottom Brain: Surprising Insights into How You Think
    • Praying for Boys: Asking God for the Things They Need Most
    • The Ear of the Heart: An Actress' Journey from Hollywood to Holy Vows
    • God's Doodle: The Life and Times of the Penis
    • Opportunity, Montana: Big Copper, Bad Water, and the Burial of an American Landscape
    • Picture Cook: See. Make. Eat.
    • Sutherland's Rules
    • Christmas on the Move Out West
    As soon as I was born, my parents named me Candy Cotten.

Although the name sounds sweet, I turned out to be stubborn, faith-filled and creative. I was raised in Southern California until the age of twenty. At that time, in 1981 I married Michael Roe and we moved to Chandler Arizona. I was a stay at home mom and built up a home based business creating calligraphy projects for companies and myself. I...more
    More about Candy Marie Bridges...