Start by marking “Resurrection (The Guardians of Vesturon, #2)” as Want to Read:
Resurrection (The Guardians of Vesturon, #2)

Resurrection (The Guardians of Vesturon #2)

"Maddie knew she was dying. Her life started to flash before her. She had visions of running down the soccer field, scoring a goal, eating her mother’s yummy, homemade, sticky cinnamon rolls, standing in her foyer listening to the police tell her father that her mother had been killed in a car accident. Each vision was disturbingly clear—as if it was happening again."

Rayn
Kindle Edition, 1st, 365 pages
Published January 18th 2012 by A.M. Hargrove

Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Mar 04, 2012 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young Adults Paranormal Readers's Grades 5 and up

Following in the footsteps of its predecessor “Survival” the cover to “Resurrection” is amazing! I absolutely love it! We get an imaginative look at Vesturon. And did anyone else notice the mark of Vesturon Blood cascading in the waters? My only disappointment was the marks of the first born were not weaved into the cover somehow. Although I could be wrong on that fact as I have a kindle copy and sometimes—cover art can be tricky. I did notice etching around the title.

Hargrove must have a genie
Sheri
Jan 25, 2012 Sheri rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Resurrection is the second book of The Guardians of Vesturon series. I actually enjoyed the second book in this series even more than the first. The development of the story and the characters came together well, and I loved the progression of the story.

Resurrection picked up right where the first book, Survival, left off. Maddie was seriously injured and needed immediate help. The only way to help her and keep her alive was to break all the rules (again) and bring her to Vesturon to be healed.
Laura Thomas
Feb 22, 2012 Laura Thomas rated it it was amazing
A.M. Hargrove has written another gem. There is a lot more going on in Resurrection, the second book in the Guardians of Vesturon series. The characters have matured and the focus is not only on Maddie and Ryan. You get to learn more about the planet Vesturon, described in rich detail.
A superb read, fast-paced, with sub-plots that combine well and a flowing story line.
If you are looking for a solid adventure and lots of action, look no further.
I am anxiously hoping for a third book in this serie
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Jan 23, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it really liked it
Recommended to Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) by: Author
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Did I like this book? Heck yes! Rayn is back and Maddie is in toe. Maddie grows as a character in story from being clumsy to strong. Does she still make her fair share of mistakes, yes. But with any story that what we want to read and see happen. I can’t share to much other than there are a lot of ups and downs. I wouldn’t want to walk in Maddie’s shoes. But somehow she pulls it off. Rayn, on the other hand, makes tough decisi
Bookish Michelle
Feb 15, 2012 Bookish Michelle rated it really liked it
**Received e-book through Read It and Reap program from the Shut Up and Read! Goodreads group from author**

Book 2 of The Guardians of Vesturon is a definitely must-read if you have read the first book, Survival. It's definitely a much more smoother read than Survival (no constant changing of POV). Book 1 left a cliffhanger which made me crave for more! I must say the author did a good job in Book 2, not only did she gave a brief recap of the characters and what's happening, she also developed th
Nawnee
Feb 22, 2012 Nawnee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Romance Fans
Recommended to Nawnee by: Shut up and read discussion
This book starts out right at the cliffhanger that Survivor book one ended at. Maddie hurt and broken trying to decide between her parents and Rayn. This is a book fraught with emotional turmoil, and danger. Each character goes through major growth and changes in this book. Maddie finds out so much about herself through out this book she goes through growth and change, finds out an interesting mystery about her family tree, and pushes herself physically and mentally during the whole of this book ...more
Beckyloohoo Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ aka Mrs. Acheron Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
This story picks up from the monster of a cliff-hanger from the first book. I couldn't wait to pick it up and see where these characters would go. I was pleased to watch them grow and change. It was fun to watch. Maggie goes from a clumsy walking disaster (but a nice one!) to woman who can take care of herself. It was sad to watch her do it alone, but like most things in life it was necessary. She needed to take charge of her life and grow up, and it was really nice to see.

The funny moments had
Wendy ~M/M Junkie~
Mar 09, 2012 Wendy ~M/M Junkie~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: source-calibre
I recieved this ebook for review but that has in no way effected my opinion.

There is so much that I would like to say about this book, but do not want to give anything away. First of all this is the second book of a series/trilogy the first being "Survival". I was pulled into the world A.M Hargrove created in the first book and I am still captivated after the second. I can not wait to re-visit it!
This was definately a book I will enjoy again and again. I eagerly anticipate a third book as I am c
Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .
Resurrection is the second book in the series The Guardians of Vesturon written by A.M. Hargrove. I read this as a R2R with Making Connections YA Edition. As always, a special thank you to the mods and author for allowing me to participate.

The Review:
Wow, what a huge improvement over book one, Survival. I really liked this book! I was truly impressed with both the writing and the story.

Likes:
I loved Vesturon! I want to live there! The author does a beautiful job describing the planet, its inha
Leanne
Feb 29, 2012 Leanne rated it really liked it
*Received e-book through Read It and Reap program from the Shut Up and Read! Goodreads group from author;
**Also posted on Amazon.com under Leanne

Resurrection continues the story of Maddie Pearce and Rayn Yarrister from the first book of the Guardians of Vesturon series, Survival. It begins where Survival left off, with the kidnapping and torture of Maddie at the hands of the serial killer, Darryl. As done previously, Hargrove divides the novel into four books, 1) Maddie’s rescue by Rayn’s brot
The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft
Feb 19, 2012 The Haunted Reading Room 2017 - Year of Lovecraft rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Sci Fi, Paranormal, Contemporary YA, excellent writing, Thriller
Guardians of Vesturon Book 2

Sometimes a reader is enraptured with the first book of a series, anticipating the next, and finds herself disappointed. Well, worry not, Gentle Readers, that will NOT happen here. You loved and reveled in “Survival,” now get ready to rock with “Resurrection.” A. M. Hargrove is a very special author who delivers the goods. Qs a writer myself, I am constantly amazed at how she is able to meld the crossing of genres (contemporary, paranormal, science fiction, and more)
Tess
Feb 07, 2012 Tess rated it really liked it
Shelves: utopya-con-2013
As you know I loved the first book in the series (you can find my review near the bottom of this post) and the second one definitely did not disappoint. I love how this book was mostly about Maddie finding herself. She refused to let her and Rayn's relationship go any further until she found her place in this world. A.M. Hargrove has completely changed my opinion of Aliens and different planets. I love Vesturon, and I could totally see myself marrying Tesslar and living up there someday! (wouldn ...more
Erin
Feb 27, 2012 Erin rated it really liked it
This book and the first one had me on the edge of my seat... at certain parts of the books I was smiling like an idiot, cause it was just so enthralling. I can't wait to read the third book... I would love to see who the blonde beauty is at the end of the book... though I have an idea, but I need to know.

This book was wonderful!
Gabriela
Feb 19, 2012 Gabriela rated it really liked it
Resurrection, the continuing saga of Survival continues with Maddie and Rayn's journey into a new life in a new world together. I am impressed with the author's development of the story and the way the characters all came together to make for a fun and interesting read.
Lacey
Jan 21, 2012 Lacey rated it really liked it
First Thoughts:

This was one world wind of a story; so much more happened in this book and the fact that the point of view switched really turned things around. I immensely enjoyed the connections I felt with the characters, the fact that I could keep reading and lose track of time and also the continuation of such a powerful yet sweet story. This book literally had all kinds of elements; action, the dreadful mean girl (in this case a girl with a back-up crew), love, both inner and outer struggle
Meghan
To begin with, I absolutely loved this book! The above summary does not do it any justice. The story packs so much more, but I guess it's better left as a surprise.

This story is the second in the Guardians of Vesturon series, the first being 'Survival', you can find me review for that one here. The story picks up exactly where we left off at the end of Survival, which is great because I would hate to miss out on any possible story line.

As is usual for Maddie, in this book she finds herself in te
Lizze Gorski
Feb 20, 2012 Lizze Gorski rated it really liked it
For two star-crossed lovers, two soul mates Madeline “Maddie” Pearce and Rayn Yarrister life is looking pretty bleak. Rayn is imprisoned for breaking a scarred covenant of Vesturon and since he happens to be the first born son to the Vesturon’s leader, things really couldn’t look grimmer. That is until the remaining Yarrister children, with the help of Maddie, decide the time has come to fight for love, a new future and maybe a few changes to the old ways. Unbeknownst to them all, this is only t ...more
Ariella
Aug 23, 2012 Ariella rated it really liked it
More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words

*A review copy was provided by the author for review purposes*
Look at my review of the first book here.

The Cover: Another pretty! Yay!

First Impression: *after finishing the first book* Oh my goodness, where's the second book?? I need it!

First Sentence: Maddie distinctly heard her father telling her, "Maddie, you must decide what you want to do."

My Thoughts:

I'm very excited for this book!!! I stayed up until 2 AM reading this. I just had to finish it! N
dsneaks
Jan 22, 2012 dsneaks rated it it was amazing
I received Resurrection by A.M. Hargrove for free through the group Making Connections in exchange for a review. I read the first book in this series about two months ago. When I was starting this book I was literally jumping up and down in excitement. I could not wait to start the book. The first book leaves off with a massive cliff hanger. And I must say I enjoyed parts of this book more then I did the first book. Some parts of Resurrection lost my attention, but I really enjoyed the book.
A
Cassandra
Feb 15, 2012 Cassandra rated it liked it
Shelves: own
I received this book for review from the Shut Up and Read group here on Goodreads.

Maddie, Maddie, Maddie. I absolutely adore this girl. This chick has been to hell and back and somehow she manages to stay strong. I envy her to be honest.

I definitely enjoyed reading Resurrection. I love the romance between Maddie and Rayn. There is so much going on during this story though that my head was spinning. It was fast-paced and I generally don't mind a fast paced story but I feel that certain sections
Julie(Reading By The Beach)
Feb 10, 2012 Julie(Reading By The Beach) rated it really liked it
I was fortuitous enough to receive a free copy of Resurrection from the author.

The characters are further developed as the perspectives interchange within the story. Rayn is the same protective, unconditionally loving man that readers first melted for. Maddie is the same accident prone, sometimes beyond innocent, indecisive girl, but she starts to transform as the story progresses. She makes the decision to change, ultimately finding herself and becoming a confident, independent woman. She under
Sitt
Feb 15, 2012 Sitt rated it it was amazing
The adventures of Maddie Pearce in this young adult paranormal romance story continues. The 2nd installment has topped all of my expectations. My wishes concerning more Maddie input became true. Never leaving the story too much out of my sight, I enjoyed every bit of reading. This book was divided into four parts but I felt that each of these parts were necessary to define different developmental and emotional stages that Maddie found herself growing into. We read how Maddie and Rayns live go th ...more
Wanda
Jan 20, 2012 Wanda rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Wanda by: AM Hargrove
What a great follow up to Survival! Again, I couldn't tear myself away from Maddie and Rayn. It was great to witness Maddie's triumph in her trials. The entire group of Rayn's siblings intrigues me and I can't wait for the next book in the series. I hope that the each eventually get their stories told. I'm especially looking forward to Shar's, she's hilarious!

Awesome, fast paced with lots of action that kept my interest. As in the first book, the characters were strongly written. I must say it w
E.L.
Jun 23, 2012 E.L. rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I started this book this morning and I just finished it, I could NOT put it down. I liked book 1 alot but book 2 went beyound like, beyond love even. It has made my favorites list! Not sure if I will be reading book 3, I totally fell in love with Maddie's story, but I most likely will. I cried at one point, and those who have read it I'm sure will know when that was. I had a good laugh more than once, not as much as I did in book 1 with the 'the animal that ate the bird', dont know why I found t ...more
Amos Cassidy
Jun 28, 2012 Amos Cassidy rated it really liked it
Okay, so I loved the first book in the series and I was worried that the second may not live up to my expectations but I am happy to say I loved Resurrection just as much. There is just as much intensity and imagination in this second installment as there was in the first. I love Maddie as a heroine and she grew as a character even more in this installment. This is the kind of series that you can simply lose yourself in and I look forward to more of the same.
Highly recommended.
Margaret
May 05, 2012 Margaret rated it it was amazing
I started this book and 24 hours was done with it. Love how Maddie come to know herself and her new abilities. At the end, now understands how Rayn feels about and walking through fire for her. I hoping the next book is coming out soon. A love story which will make you want to laugh, cry and cheer for victory. Looking foward in reading more og A.M. Hargrove books.
Mauna
Mar 13, 2012 Mauna rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I couldn't read it fast enough. So much was going on you just had to keep reading to see what would happen. One part just ripped my heart out for Maddie. Oh man! I also think we need a video of her dancing.
I am hooked on the Guardians of Vesturon and will keep reading.
Ali
Apr 09, 2012 Ali rated it really liked it
This book did not disappoint! It picked up right from where the 1st book ended and continued at the same fast pace I had come to expect. LOVED IT! I also love how the "female" charecter is the strong one in this. We need more books like this!
Amanda
Jan 29, 2012 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
This was a great follow up to the first book. I really enjoyed it and I'm excited to see where it will go next. I love the characters and the change in Maddie was amazing and done very well. This is a great story.
Fiona (Titch) Hunt
WOW, what a book. It had me laughing, crying, lumps in my throat. It had me so gripped I can't believe I read this book within 2 days.

The characters were so believable and I so wanted to read on further. Now I definately can't wait til I get book 3 when A.M. Hargrove writes the next 1.
Book supply for b...: A.M. Hargrove's Offer 3 50 Nov 14, 2012 10:41AM
  • Dark Matter (Elemental Enmity, #2)
  • Faythe Reclaimed (Hanaford Park #3)
  • Tested (New World, #3)
  • Fire with Fire (Demonblood, #2)
  • Rise Up
  • Charmeine (The Light-Bearer, #1)
  • When, At Last, He Found Me (Memoir of a Mermaid, #1)
  • Whispering Hills (Whispering Hills, #1)
  • Embody (Insight #2; Web of Hearts and Souls #2)
  • Naebody's Hero
  • Falling Slowly
  • Emily's House (Akasha Chronicles, #1)
  • The Soul's Mark Series Boxed Set
  • Lucid (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #2)
  • Destiny's Revenge (Destiny, #2)
  • Shooting Stars (A Surah Stormsong Novel, #1)
  • Fix by Force
  • Song to Wake to (Levels, # 1)
One day, on her way home from work as a sales manager, USA Today bestselling author, A. M. Hargrove, realized her life was on fast forward and if she didn't do something soon, it would be too late to write that work of fiction she had been dreaming of her whole life. So she made a quick decision to quit her job and reinvented herself as a Naughty and Nice Romance Author.

She fancies herself all of
More about A.M. Hargrove...

The Guardians of Vesturon (4 books)
  • Survival (The Guardians of Vesturon, #1)
  • Determinant (The Guardians of Vesturon, #3)
  • ReEmergent (The Guardians of Vesturon, #4)