Start by marking “Proof (Bloodline Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Proof (Bloodline Trilogy, #1)

Proof (Bloodline Trilogy #1)

Dr. Lilly Reeves is a young, accomplished ER physician with her whole life ahead of her. But that life instantly changes when she becomes the fifth victim of a serial rapist. Believing it’s the only way to recover her reputation and secure peace for herself, Lilly sets out to find--and punish--her assailant. Sporting a mysterious tattoo and unusually colored eyes, the ...more
Published June 2012 by Kregel Publications (first published April 10th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Proof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Proof

Lisa Carter
May 13, 2013 Lisa Carter rated it really liked it
Wow . . .

Did I say Wow . . .?

Sort of mind-blowing. Couldn't put it down and then I scrambled to my laptop to see if Jordyn had made this stuff up—and actually this medical suspense thriller is based in real science.

I was creeped out and alternately fascinated with the villain.

Great novel, but WARNING—

You may not want to read this in the dark.
Sarah Sundin
Aug 01, 2012 Sarah Sundin rated it it was amazing
A rollercoaster of a story. Jordyn Redwood’s Proof has everything you could want in a thriller—believable characters, a villain who makes your skin crawl, a touch of humor, and a twisting plot—all bound by fascinating medical and scientific details. What a fabulous debut!
Amanda G. Stevens
Jul 12, 2012 Amanda G. Stevens rated it liked it
Basically, this book is like reading an episode of Law & Order. Or Without A Trace, except chronologically from the missing person's point of view. But here's an original twist: we know who the villain is only a third of the way through the book. From there, the stakes just keep rising, and the crime investigation is enriched by some fascinating medical details.

For me, the only things missing from this novel are deep point of view and deeper characterization. When the point of view stays on
Susan Snodgrass
Feb 19, 2013 Susan Snodgrass rated it it was amazing
I just found this book at Sam's Club and it sounded good, so I bought it and I sure am glad I did. The first paragraph grabs the reader and demands that they continue. By the end of chapter 2 it was ER meets Criminal Minds. This book was one big huge roller coaster ride. You're scared and want to get off but you're enjoying the ride too much to stop. Wow is not good enough to describe this book.

The author is a medical professional and knows what she's talking about. I loved the chimera angle and
Anne Campbell
Feb 01, 2013 Anne Campbell rated it it was amazing
An excellent read, especially if you love medical mysteries with rare physical phenomenons as much as I do. This is the first of the Bloodlines trilogy by Jordyn Redwood, and I'm pretty sure if you read one you will grab the others, too. I give this one a solid five thumbs up.

Lilly Reeves is an emergency room physician on duty when a pregnant young woman involved in a traffic "accident" is wheeled through the door. The cops follow, wanting to talk to the unconscious woman because it appears a tr
Caitlyn Santi
Aug 13, 2013 Caitlyn Santi rated it it was amazing

This book completely captivated me!
Oh. My. Goodness, where do I start. The plot is unlike anything I've ever read before, I loved that it was a combination medical thriller and crime novel, and the medical and DNA facts absolutely fascinated me! The characters were all so like able, well except for the villain who was thoroughly hate able! I really liked Lilly, Kadin, Nathan, and Dana. Jason and Nathan were both really cool guys but Kadin, oh my gosh! Here is a fictional man that is absolutely w
Ashley
Jun 03, 2012 Ashley rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book is so intense!! Don't expect to sleep much once you pick it up bc the plot is just nonstop, it doesn't let up for a minute. Twists and turns that I never saw coming. I had no idea how everything was going to come together until the last moment. And I learned a little bit of medical trivia in the process as well. Always fun. :) The author did a great job of making me really care about the characters very quickly, pretty much all of them, I couldn't pick a favorite. I was up too ...more
Katie
Sep 03, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
Proof was a really good book. When I got about half way through, I was thinking, "Okay, this is a pretty good story. Good writing and characters. I'll probably end up giving it 4 stars."

Boy! Have I learned not to judge too soon! It seems after I thought that...that the book just took off! By the time I read the last page, I was hanging on to every word, breathless to see how any of this could come out well for Lilly.

Excellent, excellent job, Jordyn Redwood!! I LOVED the whole medical side of thi
Sheri Salatin
Sep 17, 2012 Sheri Salatin rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves suspense
Recommended to Sheri by: find books by title / author / isbn
I dare you to just read the first paragraph and stop!

I tried and didn't make it. Wow, oh wow. Jordyn Redwood can WRITE. From the very first sentence until the last, I was hooked. This book was like an IV fully open, running and running.

I'm a big fan of suspense and I love medical mysteries. It had them both, but a sweet little romance sprinkled on top.

Awesome book, I'll be looking for more of Redwood's books and next time I won't make the mistake of starting it late at night. Staying up all nig
Erin
Jun 11, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this book. It's one of those thrillers that keeps you turning pages until way too late at night, yet it's also clean, wholesome and fun. Jordyn Redwood did an amazing job of creating likable characters and of keeping the plot's twists and turns readable and understandable. I can't wait for her next book!
Heather Gilbert
Sep 30, 2012 Heather Gilbert rated it really liked it
This very well-researched medical suspense novel kept me guessing till the very end. It was fascinating to learn about the DNA aspects of the crimes. Lilly was a very tough and believable main character. Can't wait to read the next in this series!
Victor Gentile
Nov 28, 2012 Victor Gentile rated it it was amazing
Jordyn Redwood in her new book, “Proof” Book One in the Bloodline Trilogy series published by Kregel Publications brings us into the life of Dr. Lilly Reeves.

From the back cover: After DNA evidence clears a suspected serial rapist of grisly crimes, ER physician Dr. Lilly Reeves takes matters into her own hands. Police detectives think she’s a danger to the case, and her colleges worry her obsession will be detrimental to her health. But Lilly can’t stop, even if it means digging into a dark myst
Christine Lindsay
Aug 01, 2012 Christine Lindsay rated it it was amazing
PROOF --- The best book I’ve read in 2012.
I had to read PROOF in one sitting, almost. I love a fast-paced, edgy medical / police thriller and this one was like butter icing, it was so good. PROOF had twists and turns that had me turning the pages, dying to find out how it was possible. This medical specialist author stunned me with her ability to throw me curves I did not expect.

Each aspect of the heroine’s life as an ER physician is perfectly detailed. You feel you are right there in the emerge
Kim Justice
Sep 19, 2012 Kim Justice rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone one.
Recommended to Kim by: The Author
Shelves: reviewed
What a read! Chalked full of great clean suspense, anger, mystery, up and down thriller I have had the awesome pleasure to read.

This was author Jordyn Redwoods first book and she has captured me from the first to the end and has me foaming at the mouth for more. Her next book, the next in the series, Poison: A Novel (Bloodline Trilogy, #2) comes out in February 2013. And I will be per-ordering it for sure.

Dr. Lilly Reeves, an ER physician was changed by horrible actions of another. She is the

One day, my sister told me about a new author and how the author, and actual nurse herself, writes medical mysteries. She had invoked some mild interest in me; in other words, “YAY getting it right, YIKES medical.” My mom and her sisters may all work in some aspect of the medical field, but I did not inherit the guts to handle that kind of stuff beyond a first aid class.

Then I saw the cover to Proof. That is when a revelation came to me; I had to read that book. And I did.

The first scene is

Casey
Sep 01, 2012 Casey rated it really liked it
“Proof” is nothing short of an adrenaline ride from beginning to end. From that first trauma ER scene in the opening chapter, I was hooked. Lilly Reeves is a competent doctor, able to tackle whatever barrels through her ER doors, but she never expected to lose the strength she placed in her job, in her security, when it’s all stripped away from her.

The crimes are grisly ones. The victims are suffering. The villain seemingly uncatchable, even when it would seem he’s in the cop’s grasp.

I was in aw
Ann
Aug 23, 2012 Ann rated it it was amazing

When a pregnant accident victim is admitted to the ER, Dr. Lilly Reeves does everything she can to save the woman and her unborn child. During the commotion, Detective Nathan Long enters the treatment area hoping to learn whether the woman recognized the person who rammed her vehicle. He believes she may have been intentionally hit by the same man who raped her—the same man who has committed multiple rapes in the community. Lilly urges him to publicize the crimes to warn other women, but Nathan
K.M. Weiland
Aug 28, 2013 K.M. Weiland rated it really liked it
I don't read too many mysteries. Mostly, this is because I too often find the pacing uneven, the protagonists less than intelligent, and the mysteries themselves more histrionic than compelling. (Granted, this is due to personal taste as much as anything.) With that said, I found Redwood's debut mystery to have neatly sidestepped all my pet peeves. She presents an extremely strong mystery that both intrigued and educated me. Her characters, their conclusions, and their reactions maintain utter ...more
Susan
Sep 21, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
WOW! This was Ms. Redwood's debut novel, the first in a series. It had everything I love in suspense with romance and of course faith. It is quite evident this author knew her subject as well as did extensive research. All of the characters were excellent. Nathan and Lilly of course are extra special. One of my favorite scenes were Lilly's special ER visitors and the part where she understands what her beloved friends, Kadin and Dana have tried to help her understand about a relationship with ...more
Kari
Feb 04, 2013 Kari rated it it was amazing
PROOF...simply amazing! I had to shelve this book several times because of timing and a few other mishaps. I'm glad I did because now I can go right into reading POISON. I loved everything about the book and felt the storyline was fantastic. I did not guess the villain right away and was pleasantly surprised with all the twists and turns this book had. Each chapter left me wanting to continue reading and when it was all over and I was reading the last page it left tears in my eyes. For me, that ...more
Mark Young
Jul 01, 2012 Mark Young rated it it was amazing
This medical thriller races through a plot line like a rollercoaster forced off its tracks by unnatural events. ER physician Lilly Reeves—and those trying to protect her from an unrelenting killer—tries to figure out what will happen next as her solidly-built world starts to fracture. Before the end, Lilly must determine how much life is worth as she confronts one chilling event after another. Debut author Jordyn Redwood’s medical expertise shines through as this plot twists and turns through a ...more
Melissa Norris
Jul 17, 2012 Melissa Norris rated it really liked it
This was a great, fast paced read. The heroine was completely original and I enjoyed Lilly's journey. I would have liked to seen more done with Lilly's father and her relationship with him. The ending took me by surprise and kept me on the edge of my camp chair, I started this while camping and had to stay up with the flashlight to finish it!
Michelle
Dec 09, 2012 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Proof is a great read. Some how you get pulled in and can't put the book down. This is the 1st book I read by Jordyn Redwood, but will read many more. It is fast paced, keeps your attention and very informative. LOVED Proof can't wait until the next one comes out.
Kelly Tarr
Mar 15, 2013 Kelly Tarr rated it really liked it
I don't usually read medical/crime thrillers. It took me a little while to get all of the characters straight in the beginning but then I couldn't put it down. I wanted to know what was going to happen. I liked the Christian element
Andrea
Sep 09, 2012 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: medical-suspense

Wow! Great intense read! At first, I wasn't sure I could read it. I had to push past the first few chapters. I was so in tune with Lily that it made it hard. I was so glad I kept going! I was hooked! I was almost late to church because I was involved in the book! Dont miss this story!
Rustina Jones
Dec 13, 2014 Rustina Jones rated it really liked it
Don't start reading this book if you have things to do. Once you open this book you will not be able to put it down. It really takes you for a ride.
Anita Agers-Brooks
Jul 06, 2012 Anita Agers-Brooks rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
Proof is one of those must-reads. Not only is it full of suspense, but the realistic tidbits from Ms. Redwood's medical experience deepen the flavor of intrigue. Love this book!
Jennie
May 24, 2013 Jennie rated it it was amazing
Awesome, spine-tingling read. Just when you think you've got the story figured out, Jordyn throws in another twist. Don't pick this up unless you have time to read it to the end!!!
Lauren Fortener
I loved this book from this day I still think about this book. My favorite character was not only Lily but also Nathan. The way this author put you on your toes was amazing. A very well written book.
Kristin King
Jun 28, 2012 Kristin King rated it it was amazing
Terrific suspense! Picked it up and kept reading till I hit the last page.
  • A Heartbeat Away
  • Dark Justice
  • The Chase (Crime Scene: Houston, #1)
  • Stress Test
  • Deployed (Called to Serve, #1)
  • Dead Reckoning
  • Not This Time (Crossroads Crisis Center, #3)
  • Critical Pursuit (Critical Pursuit, #1)
  • Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)
  • The Breath of Dawn (A Rush of Wings #3)
  • Deliver Me from Evil (Freedom #1)
  • When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2)
  • The Next Target
  • The Sound of Red Returning (Red Returning Trilogy #1)
  • Unholy Hunger (Lure of the Serpent, #1)
  • Lethal Legacy (Guardians of Justice, #3)
  • After All (Hanover Falls, #3)
Jordyn Redwood is a pediatric ER nurse by day, suspense author at night. Her love of all things medical led to the creation of Redwood's Medical Edge-- a blog devoted to helping contemporary and historical novelists write medically accurate fiction.

Jordyn is known for her edgy medical thrillers. Proof, Poison and Peril earned several critical reviews and Proof and Poison were each nominated for se
More about Jordyn Redwood...

Bloodline Trilogy (3 books)
  • Poison (Bloodline Trilogy, #2)
  • Peril (Bloodline Trilogy #3)

“What I know is that God is always working around us. He doesn't just work within the walls of a denomination. Sometimes, I think we feel if we can get unbelievers through the church doors, the church will do the rest and our obligation is met. It's obvious Lilly has great resistance to anything structured. We need to watch for where God is working around her. Show her grace. Be there as much as she allows. - Dana” 4 likes
“So are we going to play this good cop, bad cop?" Brett asked as Nathan returned to the monitoring room.
"Absolutely not. We're going to play this bad cop and on-the-verge-of-homicidal-maniac cop. You get to play bad cop."
"But you know I love the maniacal, homicidal role better."
"Let's just do it cleanly.”
4 likes