Start by marking “The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Zombie Apocalypse Now (The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. #2)” as Want to Read:

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  7 reviews
The United Nations Department for the Enforcement and Apprehension of Demons is the first, last and only line of defence against the supernatural threats trying to break into a world where magic and technology are uneasy bedfellows.

Someone is raising the dead, literally. There are zombie assassins in Parliament and zombie hordes running riot in Hull. Agent Ward, the Man Fr
Published January 19th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Zombie Apocalypse Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Zombie Apocalypse Now

Andrew Lawston
From Simon Green to Charles Stross, secret agencies dealing with the supernatural and pastiching Bond are a popular trope these days. In his Man From UNDEAD series, Darren Humphries has forged a strong take on this trend with his slightly alternate Earth ruled by magic.

In his second adventure, Agent Ward travels from Oxford to Haiti, via Hull, to unravel the truth behind an outbreak of zombies. The action is non-stop, witty and exciting, but it just falls short of the first book's solid structur
✿Claire✿
The second installment of this series once again had me laughing along at the exploits of Agent Ward and his companions.

A zombie story like no other, Agent Ward once again finds himself in a dangerous position as he tries to prevent the take over of Hull, avoid entanglements with politicians and save the world from the apocalypse. Oh, and please his boss while he does it.

Once again surrounded by a fascinating array of characters, Ward leads the battle for the survival of the planet.
Lorraine Versini
So there I was after Book 1 thinking I need another Agent Ward kick, so what better than dive into volume 2 !

And what a volume 2 this was ! You find the same fab main character and the same ingredients that made book one, but I don't know, this one has a little bit of something that makes it even better and even more enjoyable ! I certainly had great fun reading it !

Definitely can't wait for the next installment in the series. Agent Ward is definitely a force to be reckoned with !
Emma (Em or Emz)
Once again Darren Humphries has written a cracking novel. I absolutely loved the first in the series and the second has proven to be even better.
Agent Ward is a very likeable character who inevitably gets in to some unusual but exciting situations.

I love the humour in this series of books and it has had me laughing out loud on many occasions.

Keep them coming Mr Humphries! I can't wait for the third installment
John(walrus)
A smile from start to finish and laugh at loud funny in places too.
As i said about the first book in the series- "The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - The Curious Case Of The Kidnapped Chemist"-If you enjoy well written,fast paced,amusing,tongue-in-cheek urban fantasy you are in for a real treat.
This book is even better;tighter written,and even better told.
Tim
A good solid sequel

Agent Ward is being chased by zombies; a tricky feat when they can't go faster than a slow shamble. But it's not just one or two, it's hundreds of them. And someone's controlling them. From Hull to Haiti, the South American jungle to the corridors of power, Ward has definitely go his work cut out for him this time...
Jud (Disney Diva)
I don't think I've giggled so much through a book ever, well not since U.N.D.E.A.D. 1.

Darren has a wonderful talent of mixing humour with detective investigations, be prepared for a lot of silliness that will speak straight to your inner child.

Here's hoping that we don't have too long to wait for U.D.E.A.D. 3!
Kme_17
Kme_17 marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Mark
Mark marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Candice
Candice is currently reading it
May 30, 2014
Joo
Joo marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
UK Amazon Kindle ...: The Man from UNDEAD 2 23 39 Apr 03, 2012 01:09PM
I am English and in my forties and have been writing stories since school when I won a parker pen for being shortlisted in a national schools writing competition.

My particular genre of choice wanders around all over the place, but has mainly settled into humorous fantasy and science fiction (or at least I think they're humorous and some people who have kindly left reviews seem to agree).

During any
More about Darren Humphries...
Goodnight Dear: The Unsentimental Diary Of A Bereaved Husband The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - The Curious Case Of The Kidnapped Chemist The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Do Dragons Dream Of Burning Sheep? (Man From U.N.D.E.A.D., #3) One Small Step For The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. (Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. #4) The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D.'s Christmas Carol (an Agent Ward Short Story)