Start by marking “The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Zombie Apocalypse Now (The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. #2)” as Want to Read:

The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Zombie Apocalypse Now (The Man from U.N.D.E.A.D. #2)

The United Nations Department for the Enforcement and Apprehension of Demons is the first, last and only line of defence against the supernatural threats trying to break into a world where magic and technology are uneasy bedfellows.

Someone is raising the dead, literally. There are zombie assassins in Parliament and zombie hordes running riot in Hull. Agent Ward, the Man Fr
Published January 19th 2012

To ask other readers questions about The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Zombie Apocalypse Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Zombie Apocalypse Now

Andrew Lawston
Sep 19, 2012 Andrew Lawston rated it really liked it
From Simon Green to Charles Stross, secret agencies dealing with the supernatural and pastiching Bond are a popular trope these days. In his Man From UNDEAD series, Darren Humphries has forged a strong take on this trend with his slightly alternate Earth ruled by magic.

In his second adventure, Agent Ward travels from Oxford to Haiti, via Hull, to unravel the truth behind an outbreak of zombies. The action is non-stop, witty and exciting, but it just falls short of the first book's solid structur
Joo
May 05, 2014 Joo rated it really liked it
Agent Ward is great. He's laid back yet cool. But he's no James Bond. After all, JamesBond has never had to deal with zombies. So does that mean that Agent wArd is cooler than James Bond? Probably.

As to Darren Humphries. I'm sure he'd like to be Agent Ward. And not James Bond. Myself, I think I'd prefer to meet Agent Ward. He'd save me from zombies and any other supernatural creatures that might scare me.
✿Claire✿ (Tiny Owl)
The second installment of this series once again had me laughing along at the exploits of Agent Ward and his companions.

A zombie story like no other, Agent Ward once again finds himself in a dangerous position as he tries to prevent the take over of Hull, avoid entanglements with politicians and save the world from the apocalypse. Oh, and please his boss while he does it.

Once again surrounded by a fascinating array of characters, Ward leads the battle for the survival of the planet.
Emma (Queen of the weirdo's)
Mar 20, 2012 Emma (Queen of the weirdo's) rated it it was amazing
Once again Darren Humphries has written a cracking novel. I absolutely loved the first in the series and the second has proven to be even better.
Agent Ward is a very likeable character who inevitably gets in to some unusual but exciting situations.

I love the humour in this series of books and it has had me laughing out loud on many occasions.

Keep them coming Mr Humphries! I can't wait for the third installment
Lorraine Versini
Mar 14, 2012 Lorraine Versini rated it it was amazing
So there I was after Book 1 thinking I need another Agent Ward kick, so what better than dive into volume 2 !

And what a volume 2 this was ! You find the same fab main character and the same ingredients that made book one, but I don't know, this one has a little bit of something that makes it even better and even more enjoyable ! I certainly had great fun reading it !

Definitely can't wait for the next installment in the series. Agent Ward is definitely a force to be reckoned with !
Jud (Disney Diva)
Mar 27, 2012 Jud (Disney Diva) rated it it was amazing
I don't think I've giggled so much through a book ever, well not since U.N.D.E.A.D. 1.

Darren has a wonderful talent of mixing humour with detective investigations, be prepared for a lot of silliness that will speak straight to your inner child.

Here's hoping that we don't have too long to wait for U.D.E.A.D. 3!
Tim
Sep 13, 2012 Tim rated it really liked it
A good solid sequel

Agent Ward is being chased by zombies; a tricky feat when they can't go faster than a slow shamble. But it's not just one or two, it's hundreds of them. And someone's controlling them. From Hull to Haiti, the South American jungle to the corridors of power, Ward has definitely go his work cut out for him this time...
John(walrus)
Mar 21, 2012 John(walrus) rated it it was amazing
A smile from start to finish and laugh at loud funny in places too.
As i said about the first book in the series- "The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - The Curious Case Of The Kidnapped Chemist"-If you enjoy well written,fast paced,amusing,tongue-in-cheek urban fantasy you are in for a real treat.
This book is even better;tighter written,and even better told.
Debbie
Apr 20, 2015 Debbie rated it really liked it
Another enjoyable romp with Agent Ward and co :)
Stuart Smith
Stuart Smith rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2014
Paul Colville
Paul Colville rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2016
mudcrow
mudcrow rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2017
Ian Mcdonnell
Ian Mcdonnell rated it really liked it
Dec 29, 2013
Kevin Swearengin
Kevin Swearengin rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2014
Sam
Sam rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2013
Neil Crosby
Neil Crosby rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2014
Miss Waza
Miss Waza rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Liam DS
Liam DS rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2017
AB
AB rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2015
Peter Bradley
Peter Bradley rated it liked it
Jan 19, 2013
John
John rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2013
Col
Col rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2015
Glen Boothby
Glen Boothby rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2012
Az101
Az101 rated it it was ok
Jun 18, 2014
John
John rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2015
Jill
Jill rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Colin Murtagh
Colin Murtagh rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2016
Kath Middleton
Kath Middleton rated it it was amazing
Jan 20, 2012
Pat
Pat rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Brent
Brent rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
UK Amazon Kindle ...: The Man from UNDEAD 2 23 39 Apr 03, 2012 01:09PM
I am English and recently bade a fond farewell to my forties. I have been writing stories since school when I won a parker pen for being shortlisted in a national schools writing competition.

My particular genre of choice wanders around all over the place, but has mainly settled into humorous fantasy and science fiction (or at least I think they're humorous and some people who have kindly left revi
More about Darren Humphries...

The Man from U.N.D.E.A.D. (5 books)
  • The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - The Curious Case Of The Kidnapped Chemist
  • The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. Who Went Out In The Cold  (Man From UNDEAD 5)
  • The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. - Do Dragons Dream Of Burning Sheep? (Man From U.N.D.E.A.D., #3)
  • One Small Step For The Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. (Man From U.N.D.E.A.D. #4)