Start by marking “Rainha por Nove Dias - Lady Jane” as Want to Read:
Rainha por Nove Dias - Lady Jane

Rainha por Nove Dias - Lady Jane

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Abril de 1551. Durante uma visita da família de Lorde Henry Grey à sua propriedade em Devon, as irmãs Grey são salvas de um afogamento por um aprendiz de médico chamado Richard Stocker. Este não faz ideia de que este simples acto de coragem irá lançá-lo numa onda de revoltas sociais e religiosas que mudará não só a sua vida, mas também o curso da história britânica.
Grato p
Published 2009 by Bertrand Editora (first published April 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Rainha por Nove Dias - Lady Jane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rainha por Nove Dias - Lady Jane

Bev
Now this is how to write historical fiction, Hilary Mantel.

What I love the most about Edward Charles is how accurate the history is. So he doesn't feel the need to over-dramatize it. Readers are thus left with the essence of the story correct. And yet he manages to tell this in a way that makes for enthralling reading.

So, this is good to read, and you feel like you are getting a history lesson too.
Andrew
Initially, it took me a bit to get going with this book, but it started to get about after the first third or so - mainly because that's when all the action/plotting/executions started to build up. I was pleased that this was an historical novel that actually stayed true to the actual events - even down to a lot of the fine detail. That's always been my main gripe with historical novels that play fast and loose with history - if the actual history makes a good story, then you don't need to stuff ...more
chucklesthescot
It's not often that you see Tudor fiction written by a man so it was no surprise that he had to put in a made up male character to be the star of the book. I didn't take to Richard at all which made it more difficult to get into the story.

The author obviously wanted this book to be focused on the women as sex obsessed idiots and the men as macho lovegods rather than telling the story of the plot to stop Queen Mary from taking the throne. In fact the focus of the whole book is the sexual relation
Mira, a escriba
Este best-seller tem como pano de fundo a época pré-isabelina, poucas vezes retratada nos romances históricos, e nele observamos o dia-a-dia de uma das grandes famílias da época – os Grey, uma família com ligações reais - pelos olhos de Richard, um dos seus mais leais servidores.
A história é contada gradualmente e á medida que o tempo passa, Richard vê-se envolvido em muitos segredos e conspirações, observando o que o poder e o dinheiro fazem às pessoas. Seguimos o seu dia-a-dia pelas casas senh
Redfox5
Really good read. This is a tragic story. Poor Lady Jane just a pawn in her parents ambitions and this book made me really like her which made me sad becuase I knew she would not survive till the last pages. Also intresting to read historical fiction from a male point of view that is actually written by a man. You don't see that much.
Amanda
Really good! I loved how the use of a character like Richard really gave the reader a personel view of the Grey family and its workings. The time in the Tower, and Jane's marriage to Guilford Dudley were heart wrenching. I look forward to following Richard on his next journey..........
Katielin317
Very intersting read, especially if you like the Philippa Gregory books on Anne Boleyn. Only, this book is taken from the perspective of a well-raised country boy who becomes an assistant to a very important courtier. I enjoyed this as a nice light read.
Judy
Read in 2007 - very good but a little stretchy at times - the Grey sisters quite well drawn - the adventuresome Richard Stocker full of chivalric intent towards an appealing Lady Jane. Good story. Sad story, but we knew that.
Saturday's Child
If you enjoy historical fiction with some fact woven into it or you are interested in Lady Jane Grey and the Tudor period then you will enjoy this novel.
Helen Azar
I couldn't get into this book. It wasn't terrible, it was just sort of ... neutral.
Mimi
Surprisingly uninteresting for such an interesting topic.
Mona
Living in that part of history was really frustrating.
Mirella
never finished lost interest with the characters sorry
Carla Lucas
Talvez um dos melhores livros que já li.
Nadine
Ennuyant et mal écrit, j'ai vite décroché.
Peggy
Peggy marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Erin
Erin marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2015
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2015
Jessica H
Jessica H marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
April
April marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2015
Ele
Ele marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Hanne
Hanne marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Anja Tiller
Anja Tiller marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2015
Merete Aasen
Merete Aasen marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 09, 2015 11:04AM
  • The Sixth Wife
  • His Last Letter: Elizabeth I and the Earl of Leicester
  • The Secret Keeper: A Novel of Kateryn Parr (Ladies in Waiting #2)
  • Coronation of Glory: The Story of Lady Jane Grey
  • Gay Lord Robert (Tudor Saga, #11)
  • Mistress of Mourning
  • Three Maids for a Crown: A Novel of the Grey Sisters
  • Her Mother's Daughter: A Novel of Queen Mary Tudor
  • Rival to the Queen
  • Lady Jane Grey: Nine Days Queen
  • The Queen's Pleasure
  • Plain Jane
  • The Queen's Handmaiden
  • King's Fool: A Notorious King, His Six Wives, and the One Man Who Knew All Their Secrets
  • Anne of Cleves: Henry VIII's Discarded Bride
  • Secrets of the Tudor Court
  • 1536: The Year That Changed Henry VIII

Edward Charles was born in South Wales in 1941 and brought up in north London.

He developed his interest in English social and economic history at school, butbelieving it would never find him a job, studied economics and law at the University College of Wales and then took a PhD in corporate finance at (the then
More about Edward Charles...
Daughters of the Doge Inheritance of Power. Edward Charles The Unspoken Abuse The Courtesan of Padua Raphael's Secret