Start by marking “Vampire Wanted (Nick's Tale, #1)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Wanted (Nick's Tale, #1)

Vampire Wanted (Nick's Tale #1)

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  562 ratings  ·  39 reviews
When Nick unwittingly picks up a vampire for his one-night fling, little does he know Damian has no plans of ever letting him go. Now with an overprotective lover, Nick has to find a way to save his friend from a young vampire holding a grudge.
ebook, 2nd Edition, 147 pages
Published February 25th 2012 by Silver Publishing (first published July 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Wanted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Wanted

Betryal
Ter
Jul 24, 2010 Ter rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Shelves: favorites
If I could I would give this more!!! I would Totally Recommend this.. if you like vampires, paranormal romances, fun quirky, many laughs you will enjoy this story.
I love the dynamics of Nick and Damian. I ended way to soon,(like many) I would love to read more of Nick and Damian. With the 2 of them I could see many many funny/loving stories.
Serena Yates
This book is simply hilarious. It’s great mix of a vampire tale - the usual claiming of a mate and an evil enemy included – and the humorous account of an unsuspecting human drawn into a world he could not have imagined. Said human has a very hard time taking anything or anyone seriously, which, when added to the overly-serous demeanor of his vampire mate, makes for a really fun read that had me laughing out loud several times.

Nick is a handful. Not easily impressed, with more commitment issues
Ter
Mar 05, 2012 Ter added it
This is for the supposedly new "expanded release"
I still really like the story, But..
I didn't find much different about this new version.
When she (author) first started re-releasing All her book you could tell things were added. Not so much in the last couple of re-do's.
To label something as "This is a re-edited, expanded release."
you would think that there should be something more added at least maybe another chapter at the end.
Very disappointing.
Seregil
It's quirky and funny, but it ends waaay too fast. It builds up an interesting plot and introduces lots of characters and in the end it seems to just cut off the story.
Sure, the main couple is finally a couple, but that doesn't mean the story should be over. If it was just about them, then why itntroduce all the other things (and give them that much weight)?
Preparing for a sequel?
Meggie
Simple said this book is awesome, funny, totally comical and I LOVED IT.

TOTALLY RECOMMENDED ~~
Candice

That was just a total silly and fun read. Nick was such a smartass and how he handled the whole vampire situation and Damien was just hilarious.
Tj
I've always enjoyed Amber Kell's books. The are a light fun read. Now if you want realism you won't find it here but once again a romantic story of love.
Mandy*reads obsessively*
3.5*

This was just what I needed. Total fluff, silly, funny ridiculous, not to be taken very seriously Big Bad Vamp and smartass Nick.
Phaney
2012 Review:

Another zany tale, this time with snarky first person perspective.
This author really is more about the plot than about romance or sex. Hell, the hero’s counterpart is hardly even tangible as a person. I suppose I buy the love bit at the end, but I still don’t have any idea of who Damien is except that he is madly possessive.

That said, I am not complaining. Because I had lots of fun.

Oddly enough, I got a Mary Calmes vibe with this book. Except for the lack of depth and seriousness and
Lasha
Nick is a commitment phobe, but when he has what he thinks is a one-night stand with a hot guy turns out to be an encounter with a vampire, he’s drawn into a world (and emotions) he never knew.

Vampire Wanted is a re-release of Amber Kell’s 2010 novella with the same name, but this time it has been expanded and re-edited. It follows some of the typical tropes I have come to expect from an Amber Kell paranormal book: a strong protagonist who is possessive of his lover, and a mouthy love interest t
Julesmarie
It's not very often I get to read a comedy with vampires, and this one was delightful... for the most part.

Nick was hilarious as the narrator, and I loved how much he didn't care that all of the vampires could read his thoughts. I loved how often we'd read him think something and then he'd say it, or he'd think something and the vampire would answer him and he wouldn't realize he'd never spoken out loud. It was refreshing to have a MC with so little to hide that he didn't care if his thoughts we
April
First and foremost, I loved the main character, Nicholas. I thought his POV was really funny, and I loved his snark. His mental images and thought process had me grinning as I read. Though I'm normally not a fan of first person stories, his POV was enjoyable enough that I got past it.

The vampire, however, Damian.... I didn't like him at all. Truthfully, I saw nothing appealing about him. He was controlling and possessive, and though Nicholas put him in his place quite often, it was still very a
kimosumiko
I don't know how to feel about this story. On one hand I like it a lot, on the other there is an overwhelming amount of possessiveness, something I usually like, and an unnecessary abundance of cute pet names and endearments, something I can only take so much of before it becomes overdone in my opinion. I alternated between wanting to give it 4stars, for enjoying parts so much, and then 2stars, for all of the issues I had with it, namely the editing error concerning Lila's name suddenly and - th ...more
Ami
Ana
Maya
Vampire Wanted by Amber Kell
2 Stars
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

Commitment-phobe Nick has a hook up with Damian and after a night of great sex, doesn't expect to ever see him again, however, Damian will not be denied. He turns out to be a vampire who believes that Nick is his mate and will do everything and anything to keep him. The story is told from Nick's point of view and is rather scattered and convoluted in plot. It is not a bad book but suffers from the typical Amber Kell MC's,
Byron
I get so frustrated with short stories.. even though this one is as short as most.. this left me feeling like there could be sooooo much more to the story.. I guess it's the 'abridged' feeling.

Something I'd like to say is that I DID enjoy this story, and there was some great phrasing with in the story. I just fell like I didn't really get a good introduction to the characters. So with in the story, we don't really know who they are, what thier status is, the friendship levels..

Overall I would
Ameena Sultan
wow, this is definitely not your normal vampire story.

this is my first vampire m/m romance book, the idea itself make me giggle, to top that this book is the funniest book I have ever read , from first page to last I couldn't stop laughing.

I loved nick so much he is a really funny guy, the story overall was not that much good but it wasn't boring either, you enjoy reading it even though it is a fast pace story.

overall I really liked this book and would love to read the next book in the serise.
Hc Lynn
Found Nick to be an in depth type of character, funny, goes with the flow, unaware of his appeal. Damien, overbearing, arrogant, dominating vampire.

Nick's antics and reactions was the only decent thing to me. Sex scenes are more of gloss overs with no real connection. While daylight is not a factor for these vamps, the constant mind reading gets old super fast.

Then when Nick's friend has all this drama, the resolution at the end not only sucked but was also anticlimatic.

Ryoma Gartre
Damian was annoying, but Nick is awesome, I was rooting for William/Jeff and Sal/John but it didn't happened.

as usual this book suffers from the Amber complex, and that is the book feels cramped, like too much happens at the same time and not everything is well explained or treated correctly, still it was an enjoyable read.

Nick, William & Simon made the book, it was hilarious watching them.

Max was stupid to no end.
Rebekah
I had the most fun reading this book. Not just because it was a vampire book, but because it was hilarious! The main character, Nick, along with his cat, Simon, kept me laughing throughout the entire book.

It's a very enjoyable quick read.
Jen Pinto
I really enjoyed this one so much. I laughed out loud a few times at the humor and the way the main characters interacted with each other. I definitely recommend this book if you like vampires as much as I do.
Nicholas Barcelona
I'm craving for more!!!!
The character and I share some similarity, lol. It's just a name, though.
I am so attached to this that I am thinking of this book up until now.
I so love Amber Kell.
i freaking loved it
i anm so hopeing there is a book 2 out in this series
i just want to say i love your books
i laugh alot and i cry too
Rachel
Your typical Amber Kell romance. It started sounded very familiar as I was reading it, so looks like this is another re-release book as well.
Ruth
If this is the "re-edited" edition, I don't even want to know how badly edited the original was. Is it really that hard to punctuate properly?
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Maya
Genre: M/M Paranormal
Rated: 2 hearts

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Lorraine
I really liked this book! Nick is soooo sarcastically funny, love love it. Hoping there is a book 2.
  • Saved by Love's Blood (Drone Vampire Chronicles, #5)
  • No Rest for the Wicked (Adam & Peter, #2)
  • An Unnatural Worth
  • Blood Slave
  • My Vampire and I (My Vampire and I, #1)
  • The Prince's Angel (Legends of the Romanorum, #1)
  • Just A Vampire (Tribal Bonds, #1)
  • Lust & Vamp (Anything Goes #2)
  • Vigil (The Hours Trilogy #2)
  • Blood Of A Leo (Solomon's Pride #1)
  • Ice Man (Blood Slaves, #1)
  • Out of Light into Darkness (Darkness and Light, #1)
  • Mitch (Baine Family #1)
  • A Different Breed
  • Vertigo (Channeling Morpheus,  #2)
  • The Pauper Prince (Changing Moon, #1)
Amber Kell is one of those quiet people they always tell you to watch out for. She lives in Dallas with her husband, two sons, and one extremely stupid dog.

She also writes under the name Mikela Q. Chase
More about Amber Kell...
From Pack to Pride (Supernatural Mates #1) Attracting Anthony (Moon Pack, #1) Trials of Tam (The Larson Legacy, #1) Mate Hunt (Dragonmen, #1) A Prideful Mate (Supernatural Mates #2)

“I caught the earth with my ass when it came up to meet me.” 22 likes
“Be ready at seven and I'll take you to dinner first."
"First?" Just because I asked, didn't mean I plannedto go. I was a master at rationalization.
"Before I take you home and fuck you until you forget your mother's name."
"If I have any thought of my mama while you're fucking me, you're definitely doing something wrong.”
1 likes