Wings

Wings

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  41 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Liddy Hall is a determined young woman living in the U.S. during WWII. Like many women during this time, Liddy has to deal with the heaviness of the war while she tries to provide for herself and her family. Unlike many women, she’s applied to the Women Airforce Service Pilot program. Her excitement about the possibility of being accepted into the WASP is mixed with the ap...more
Published January 18th 2012 by Story Creek Books

To ask other readers questions about Wings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wings

Wendy Hines
I read and reviewed Cynthia's first novel, My Way Home, and absolutely loved it. So, I was really excited about her new novel, Wings. I was not disappointed - I adore it!

It's WWII and Liddy Hall is just trying to survive. Her father's in a home and she's trying to pay the hefty expenses of his care while also trying to have some money leftover to pay her own bills. She's spent most of her life with airplanes and has a desire to own a pair silver wings.

When the Army begins seeking female pilots,...more
jgyweniverel
I would sincerely love this book. I learned about the WASPs about two years ago, and I am so grateful that their stories are being told and that they are now being recognized by both th military, and the USA. I can't believe some of the stories that I have heard about not only their bravery, but the prejudice they endured by the men in the military during WWII. I am not saying anything bad about our military back then, I applaud them for their bravery, but to sabatoge their planes which in the e...more
Eileen
This was a lovely historical novel about women flyers during WWII. It had a bit of romance in it - but never got maudlin.

Great for an afternoon read with a bit of actual history thrown it! It also makes me want to dig into the history of these women. The novel suggested that some women's programs went on in time, while this one folded.

Why?

Joan Podleski
As the daughter of a WWII woman marine, I was fascinated by this tale of women flyers. It's a good read and brought back lots of memories of stories Mom used to tell about the sisterhood of these military women who pushed so many boundaries.
Christine
Very pleasantly surprised by this book! Had a hard time puttng it down most days. I enjoyed learning while reading this book. The women went through some amazing things. Very courageous time for all the women and the men who served!
Harmony
Enjoyed the story, was a fast pace book with lots of adventure!
Sue Ashley
Sue Ashley marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Tianne Shaw
Tianne Shaw marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Tammy Wooding
Tammy Wooding marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Dee
Dee marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Cindy Chapman
Cindy Chapman marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Michele
Michele marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Shanna
Shanna marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Christine Peterson
Christine Peterson marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Teresa Lam
Teresa Lam marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Tia
Tia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
May 17, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
May 16, 2014
 Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Dolores
Dolores marked it as to-read
May 10, 2014
Thewalkinglexicon
Thewalkinglexicon marked it as to-read
May 09, 2014
Brittany Kay
Brittany Kay marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Connie
Connie marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Cynthia was born in Los Angeles and raised in northern California and Arizona. Her early life in California, living across the street from a vineyard, working in her father’s large vegetable garden and growing up around a menagerie of animals—dogs, cats, chickens, a horse, a cow, and a very surly goat—infused Cynthia with a love of country life and of watching things grow.

Cynthia has had stories p...more
More about Cynthia Lee Cartier...
My Way Home Sweet Gabriel (St. Gabriel Series Book 2) Let's Do Christmas, A Novella