Start by marking “Whispers of Murder (Till Death Do Us Part #1)” as Want to Read:
Whispers of Murder (Till Death Do Us Part #1)

Whispers of Murder (Till Death Do Us Part #1)

3.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  136 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
It was Isabelle Donnelly’s wedding day, a moment in time that should have been the happiest in her life…until it ended it murder.

Three women, three motives to kill:

--A jealous sister
--A company CFO
--A newfound friend

But which one is plotting against her? Which one wants her dead?

Think you know who did it? Think again.
Published January 16th 2012 by Pixie Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Whispers of Murder, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Whispers of Murder

Rossy
Mar 05, 2015 Rossy rated it liked it
Enjoyable, short read. Could have had more character development, but the plot and twists were interesting and kept you wanting to find out who the murderer was.
One thing I didn't like: The cover. No. NO!
Lori Henrich
Feb 26, 2012 Lori Henrich rated it really liked it
Isabelle Donnelly is about to get married. No one in her family approves, but she is determined to go through with it anyway. When she wakes up from her honeymoon night she finds her husband dead. Not sure what to do the first person she calls is her longtime friend Emmett to rescue her. Her husband was poisoned, but was it really meant for Isabelle. Is someone trying to kill her.

Excellent plot. Kept me interested for the first word. I like the authors style and would like to read more by her bu
Carol
Feb 19, 2015 Carol rated it it was amazing
Let’s go to Isabelle Donnelly’s wedding. A wedding that was
planned very quickly by the bride and groom. Why so fast??
They hardly knew each other.
Then the wedding night….the bride becomes a widow by
morning. What is happening? Why is her new husband dead?
Was he the intended victim or was the bride?
Short enjoyable read. Colorful characters in a puzzling plot.
Keeps you guessing until the end. The twists and turns will keep
you on the edge of your seat.
Thanks to the author for the eBook. My opinion
Alexandra Webb
Apr 27, 2013 Alexandra Webb rated it it was ok
Shelves: spe-reviewed
(Review originally posted on the Self Publishing Experiment blog July 30th, 2012)

2.5 Stars

It’s a good thing I bought Whispers of Murder for free, a promotion from the author Cheryl Bradshaw on twitter, because I wouldn’t have been happy about spending $2 on it. I was aware it was a novella when I purchased it and I had read some of the reviews. The reviews were mixed, some saying that there were bad typos and others that were singing praise. There was an author note saying that originally the wr
Darcia Helle
I'm never happy about writing negative reviews, but I always have to be honest. The only positive thing I have to say about this book is that the writing itself is fine, aside from some obvious editing issues. Sentence structure is good and the author gets a nice rhythm going. Her writing is easy to read. From there, it all falls apart.

First, I have to comment on the cover. The photo gives me the impression of a historical piece, but this is a modern day story. This issue doesn't affect my ratin
Lance
Feb 16, 2015 Lance rated it it was amazing
Having read and enjoyed all of the full length novels in the Sloane Monroe series, I was looking forward to seeing how well Ms. Bradshaw would do with a shorter story. Just like the longer selections, this novella keeps the reader guessing until the very end. There are so many twists and turns in the story that to describe any one of them would be too big a spoiler!

All of the characteristics of Ms. Bradshaw' s work that I enjoy are evident here: believable characters the reader can relate to, a
Ginger
This was a freebie when I downloaded it back in 2012. A quick read which I needed to stay on track with my yearly goal. I thought I had guessed the killer half-way through, but luckily, I didn't. Those are the good points. I did not like the story at all. The whole "mystery" was far-fetched and the way things were handled, were just way off. For instance, what law enforcement officer allows just anyone to search for evidence, and bring it in without donning gloves first??? Really???!! There is a ...more
Jen_C
Not for me. I wanted to drop-kick the heroine. She annoyed me. Emmett continued to come through for her even though she seemed to dense to know she loved him.

Some quotes:
“But I thought the ceremony never finished?”
“He got to the I-now-pronounce-you-man-and-wife part right before your body plummeted to the floor. Leo practically threw himself on top of you to seal the deal with a kiss, and that quack of a pastor allowed it even though you were lying there like Sleeping Beauty.”

Melanie offered up
Cheryl
May 20, 2015 Cheryl rated it it was amazing
A quick but effective little mystery

What a great short story. Well thought out and planned like a great literary ballet! Cheryl Bradshaw has a wonderful creative mind. I know it's not easy to write a complete story that is not too short but still small enough to be a novella. Whispers of Murder had an attention grabbing beginning, suspenseful middle and a climatic finish.
LadyCalico
Mar 05, 2012 LadyCalico rated it did not like it
The characters were flat and phony, the plot and murderer predictable, and the police procedures dumb. The author must never have read or watched any good police dramas to have so little idea about law or proper procedure. I quit listing things that were hokey, senseless, and stupid since the task quickly became overwhelming. The stupidity of the police was, however, eclipsed by the stupidity of the civilians. I almost rolled off my chair when the "smart" heroine was depicted as her high school ...more
Shirley Henning
Jun 03, 2014 Shirley Henning rated it really liked it
Very enjoyable short story.

a five star for me is a book I cannot put down-----however, this book was not too detailed to be boring and the content really kept my interest. I definitely recommend this book and thank the author-----i will consider some of her other books.
Oct 28, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I didn't really read through the reviews to know this was a novella so I was kind of surprised when I was suddenly at the end. Nice easy read, free on Kindle Unlimited. Look forward to reading the next book next.
Leah Hines
Oct 28, 2014 Leah Hines rated it it was amazing
Another great story by an amazing author. I tend to figure out the "villain" in most books, but this story kept me guessing until the reveal!
Beth Lechman
Apr 18, 2016 Beth Lechman rated it liked it
A young woman wakes up to find her husband dead on their wedding night and finds she is in the cross hairs of a killer with no idea why.
Marjory Alexa
Aug 30, 2015 Marjory Alexa rated it it was ok
Meh!

It as an okay read. A novella. It was over before it started. I will not be reading Part 2.
Andrea Mcbride
Feb 14, 2016 Andrea Mcbride rated it it was amazing
Short sweet and to the point! Very intriguing and I loved the suspense ! And the cover is so pretty !
Jean
May 02, 2015 Jean rated it liked it
Good novella! Wished it would have been a full length novel.
Jane Devanna
Feb 27, 2015 Jane Devanna rated it it was ok
Did not care for it. Feel my young granddaughters could read it.
Ronda Blanke Geiger
Oct 17, 2014 Ronda Blanke Geiger rated it really liked it
This was a very good book. Well written short story for a quick afternoon read.
Bnicchubbsaol.com
Oct 27, 2014 Bnicchubbsaol.com rated it liked it
Another enjoyable read!
Kelly
Jul 28, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This is an awesome book, just really get sucked in. On to the next in the series, should be another good book.
Betty
May 05, 2015 Betty rated it it was amazing
Loved it. Hooked on Bradshaw
Sara Noble
Jul 22, 2012 Sara Noble rated it liked it
A cute little story. I wish it were longer so I could learn more about the characters and the blooming romance between the heroine and her childhood friend. The plot was predictable, but I liked it because I wasn't ever "confused" like some of these other intense murder-mysteries can be. I hope Ms. Bradshaw will continue on with these characters, build them up more, and explore a fiery romance between the two. Good read, thank you!
Mel
Mar 31, 2013 Mel rated it liked it
Nicole
May 25, 2012 Nicole rated it liked it
It was a pretty okay book. Short read, that's for sure. I started it one day, got half way through it and finished it in an hour the next. It was pretty obvious who the murderer was to me, but you never know.
Rhonda
Jan 16, 2015 Rhonda rated it really liked it
short but good
Lyn
Feb 15, 2013 Lyn rated it really liked it
This was a really good book, I just wish it were longer! Very fast read,only like 83 pages! I really like the characters, and look forward to reading more from Cheryl. Bradshaw!
SandraE
Mar 26, 2012 SandraE rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
With such twists and turns the book should have been more enjoyable and it wasn't. It was missing the spark necessary for one to really get attached to the characters.
Lillie
Nov 04, 2012 Lillie rated it liked it
A young woman's whirlwind romance and quick marriage leads to death and mystery. A short book that could have benefited from a little more thorough editing.
Mary Sweeney
May 16, 2015 Mary Sweeney rated it it was amazing
A nice story with a clever ending. Unable to pick the culprit prior to the reveal. Looking to read more from this author.
  • Adventures of Cash Laramie and Gideon Miles (Cash Laramie & Gideon Miles, #1)
  • For the Helpless (Detective Kelly Lowe #1)
  • Terror in the City of Champions: Murder, Baseball, and the Secret Society That Shocked Depression-Era Detroit
  • Wedding Fever (Bandit Creek, #22)
  • The Gift
  • The Reluctant (Crayder Chronicles #1)
  • Fetching Love (Circle R Ranch, #3)
  • The Thief
  • The Abduction of Mary Rose
  • Convictions
  • The Argentina Rhodochrosite (An Ainsley Walker Gemstone Travel Mystery)
  • Border Lord's Bride (The Brotherhood of the Scottish Templars, #4)
  • Loss
  • Lost and Found: A Romantic Suspense Thriller Series (Desperate Secrets Book 1)
  • Implant
  • Mine at Midnight
  • Temple of the Jaguar (Nick Caine, #1)
  • A Rose for Lancaster
Cheryl Bradshaw is a New York Times & USA Today Bestselling Author writing in the genres of mystery, thriller, romantic suspense, paranormal suspense, and women's contemporary fiction. Stranger in Town (Sloane Monroe mystery series book 4) was a Shamus Award finalist, and I Have a Secret (Sloane Monroe mystery series #3) won best thriller of the year from eFestival of Words.

Cheryl Bradshaw's
More about Cheryl Bradshaw...

Till Death Do Us Part (2 books)
  • Echoes of Murder (Till Death do us Part #2)