Start by marking “Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance” as Want to Read:
Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance

Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  40 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This little book is a primer - an entry level aid for the writer who has a story to tell, but is struggling to get it out of her head and onto paper. To quote the theme song for the movie of Erich Segal’s bestselling book Love Story, “How do you begin. . . ”

I know how that feels, I’ve been there and I have written the book I wish I’d had when I was starting out.

My purpose
Kindle Edition
Published January 16th 2012 by Classic Romance Publishing (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liz Fielding's Little Book of Writing Romance

Helen Baggott
If you want to learn how to do something, to do it well, you need a teacher who not only knows their stuff, but has made a career of it too.

Liz Fielding is an award-winning author of almost 60 books. Doesn’t get much better, does it?

This book, Liz Fielding’s Little Book of Writing Romance, offers her wealth of experience in a unique style.

She reveals the elements required and the reasons why her fans (and publisher) come back for more.

Of course, writing to a structure that readers and publishers
Mary Springer
This is a fantastic book for everyone who writes romance! Love this book!
Rosalie Ash
Great advice, clearly written. Thank you, Liz!
Fiona Marsden
May 17, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in writing
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
If anyone is debating whether to get Liz's Little Book of Writing Romance then hesitate no longer. It's a brilliant little book. Some pages I just want to print out to stick somewhere while I'm editing. And it doesn't take forever to read. It's also really well laid out to dabble in for particular aspects so you don't have to search desperately for that one perfect piece of advice.

And just to illustrate how well written the book is. When I read the chapter on putting emotion into your story, she
Teresa
Every wannabe romance writer should read this book!

I'm a big fan of Liz's style of writing, how she makes the romance sizzle between the hero and the heroine, even in a 'sweet' romance - so to have a 'how to' book by Liz is just fab!

There are loads of examples included to help illustrate Liz's points. It really is useful.

Unlike some 'how to' books that you can start getting bored with, switching off, this book reads effortlessly. It was nice to read snippets of books I have read, and be remin
Rae
I love Liz Fielding's books, so even before I read this one I knew she'd give good advice. What sets this "how to" guide apart from all others is that Liz uses examples from her own books to illustrate her points, making it very easy to understand.

This book covers all the basics of writing romance in a very simple and easily digestible way. Though it's marketed as a primer for beginner writers, I'd recommend it to established writers too as it makes a great refresher.
Jean Barrett
I rate Liz Fielding very highly as a writer, so I naturally gravitated towards this. It didn't let me down. As an aspiring author, I found it filled with handy tips and excellent advice.

It's written in a casual, easy style, yet is deceptively clever in the way she get's her points across.

If you're looking to learn more about how to improve your writing, this is one book you'll be glad to keep handy for reference points.
Donna Alward
A gem of a book with practical and accessible advice for the romance writer. Chock full of examples and easy to understand chapters, Liz's Little Book Of Writing Romance is a great resource to have at hand while crafting your Happy Ever Afters!
Aurelia Rowl
A fantastic newbie guide to writing romance with clear jargon-free advice and examples from published works to back it up.
Melissa
An excellent little primer full of great tips and examples for any aspiring writer. Liz is a definite inspiration for me. :)
Eva King
Really good book that has given me a lot of pointers. If there was more than five stars I would give them. A must have!
Christy Olesen
If I had this book ten years ago I would have a lot of space on my book shelf. In other words, I wouldn't need half the how to write books I have bought and not been able to wade through over the past several years. This little book is to the point and covers just about all you need.
Rachel
One of my favourite authors, and my favourite Mills & Boon author. Brilliant writing tool, and I have gone on to buy some of the books whose excerpts are featured in this guide. Straightforward advice from a master of romantic writing. One book I shall refer to again and again :-)
Christina Browne
Christina Browne marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
Jackie
Jackie marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2015
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Marie Metelnick
Marie Metelnick marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
Eva Hope Kratochvílová
Eva Hope Kratochvílová marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
SH
SH marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Anne Brédart
Anne Brédart marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Best-selling author, Liz Fielding, has more than 15 million books in print. Nominated seven times for RWA's prestigious RITA award, she won with The Best Man & The Bridesmaid in 2001 and The Marriage Miracle in 2006. A Family of His Own won the RNA's Romance Prize, and was named Reviewers' Choice Best Harlequin Romance by Romantic Times BOOKreviews in 2005. She has also been given a Lifetime A ...more
More about Liz Fielding...
The Bride's Baby Wild Justice A Stranger's Kiss Eloping With Emmy Wild Lady