Start by marking “Getting Dumped - Part 1” as Want to Read:
Getting Dumped - Part 1

Getting Dumped - Part 1 (Getting Dumped #1)

Published January 11th 2012 by Coliloquy, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Getting Dumped - Part 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Getting Dumped - Part 1

Rebecca
Apr 07, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor
I can't tell if it's appropriate to review this book yet because I don't think all of it is actually available yet. However, I've finished reading everything available so far (well...in one way), so I'll update when there's more.

I've read Tawna Fenske's blog for a year or so now, and despite the fact that I'd never actually read a romance novel before, I got her debut novel as soon as it came out because she (and her blog) is that funny. I loved it, so when this one came out, I bought it too. I
Kimberly Sabatini
Jan 31, 2012 Kimberly Sabatini rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
Tawna Fenske makes me laugh--no matter what she's writing. But the cool thing, that makes her writing so entertaining, is that she has an eye for human behavior. She notices the humorous truth about people and she captures it on the page in a smart and sexy book. If it's written by Tawna, I'll happily read it and I suggest that you should do the same. *love*

PS--couldn't stop thinking about the pink dump truck and tool set I got me niece for Christmas *grin*
Lori Robinett
Mar 19, 2014 Lori Robinett rated it it was amazing
This is a choose-your-own adventure. Yup, just like the kind I loved as a kid. It was so much fun to decide what I wanted JJ to do next, and loved that I had the option to go back and "do over." I never did, but think I'll start the book again and make different choices.

The main character, JJ, is a hoot. She's smart, she's funny and she's talented. Love, love, love the fact that she loses her job in marketing and gets moved to the dump - and that it is the perfect job for her. So many possibili
Azucena Rodriguez
Fun read :) I'm going back to call a different guy lol
SOS Aloha
Jul 17, 2012 SOS Aloha rated it really liked it
Adversity is a stimulus. - James Broughton

JJ Schultz grabs adversity by the horns and crushes it with the county dump's heavy equipment she nicknamed Shirley. Indeed, JJ is stimulated, rather motivated, to make the best of her "repositioning" from the county's DA office to the county's dump yard. Tawna Fenske lets loose with this over the top, laugh out loud, make my day "novella" with an interactive option - readers can choose who JJ calls in her time of need. But all options lead back to the c
Erica
Jan 27, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it
Getting Dumped was a cute read that was really fast paced. It had a big cheese factor to it, but was a lot of fun to read.

This was a book I enjoyed reading a lot. The plot was quirky, fun, and was one of those books that just made you smile once you got past the bit of cheesiness some of it brought to life.

The characters were a lot of fun, and the relationships between all of them were probably even more fun. Finishing the book, I still haven't gotten a lot of the characters figured out, so I a
Monique Liddle
Jul 11, 2012 Monique Liddle rated it really liked it
I liked this book better than Tawna's last one. Don't get me wrong, "Breaking Waves" was filled with interesting characters, and as far as I could tell, there was only one bad guy when there should have been more. Tawna does an excellent job of making her characters likable.
"Getting Dumped" reminds me of what the books "choose your own endings" would be like in the days of e-readers. There was only one option for me to choose in the character I initially chose. I could go back & see if I had
Heidi
May 18, 2013 Heidi rated it really liked it
JJ Schultz swaps her marketing job for a job driving heavy equipment at a landfill. Her new job introduces her to a range of co-workers (some extremely sexy others not so much). The plot thickens when JJ finds “evidence” of a counterfeit handbag operation whilst driving her refuse crushing machine.

This is an extremely funny, humorous and thoroughly entertaining book that can easily be read in one day.

I loved the characters that Tawna created. Most of them are so over the top (but in a funny way
Kate (VerbVixen)
Apr 23, 2012 Kate (VerbVixen) rated it liked it
Getting Dumped is the second "active fiction" book I've read from Coliloquy and I have to say I love the format. The choices I made as a reader were much more important here and reflective of my personal opinions on plot then they were in Witch's Brew. That being said, Fenske has given the reader three interesting leads to choose from:

Collin, the smexy Brit.

Pete, the protective movie star.

Daniel, the asshole ex.

Did I give away my feelings there? Probably. Fenske also writes a very accurate siste
Rachel
Oct 02, 2013 Rachel rated it really liked it
This is the first in a exciting new series by Tawna Fenske and Colilioquy. It's a re-invention of those choose your own adventure books you might have read as a child. Except now it's the grown up version. It's a great concept and the author has great fun with it.

In part one we meet the Schultz sisters, JJ and Lori. JJ who suddenly finds herself in a new job at the landfill and Lori who designs handbags.

But the fun really begins when the sisters discover what looks like a counterfeit handbag op
Aimee
Dec 11, 2012 Aimee rated it it was amazing
Getting Dumped is a really fun and entertaining read that kept me laughing the whole way through. The good news is that it is short enough that you can read it all in one sitting, which is nice for a busy Mom like myself. This is a serialized book, so be prepared for the cliffhanger at the end. I have to say that I personally LOVED the way it ends and think the anticipation of what happens next is all a part of the fun. I just purchased Book #2 and can't wait to start reading. And for the record ...more
Collette Cameron
Jun 18, 2013 Collette Cameron rated it really liked it
I loved the voice and humor in this book. Fast paced with a bit of mystery and a trio of hunks the heroine couldn't choose between. I liked the unique twist of allowing the reader to choose which hero was at the door and how the story would proceed for that scene.

My only compliant is that I want a finished story when a book ends. I don't like being left hanging. I understand it's a great marketing strategy, but my personal preference is to have closure.

Mary
Feb 12, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
RomComMystery + Choose Your Own Adventure-ish technology = a fun new way to read. There's a pivotal point in the book where the heroine makes a phone call. The reader is given three choices and the book continues from that choice. I want to go back and read the other two options. Book ends on a cliffhanger so I'm wondering what Tawna Fenske has in mind for us next.
Kaamna Bhojwani-dhawan
Dec 04, 2012 Kaamna Bhojwani-dhawan rated it it was amazing
Getting Dumped is a super fun read, with a cool interactive feature that lets you choose which way the story goes. As if the trio of hot guys weren't enough, the book has an intriguing sub-plot, adding a thrilling element to the story. I read all three pathways in the same day!
Carrie
Jun 12, 2012 Carrie rated it really liked it
Cute cute! I instantly connected with the heroine and fell in love. Tawna's writing is fun and delightful. After reading one of her books, I just want to wrap my arms around an adventure!
Summer
Dec 28, 2012 Summer rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Very fun! I loved Choose Your Own Adventure books as a kid, and really liked being able to choose the dude! Looking forward to getting the next installment.
Mary
Dec 16, 2012 Mary rated it really liked it
Aw, no! Cheap shot cutting it off right there. Now I have to buy the second part!
Erin
Mar 21, 2013 Erin rated it really liked it
very fun :)
Michelle Christine Kua
Michelle Christine Kua marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2016
Tracy
Tracy marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Leasa Merrill
Leasa Merrill rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Janine Connors
Janine Connors rated it it was amazing
Aug 08, 2016
Abn10009
Abn10009 marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Bente  Bendiksen
Bente Bendiksen marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
DJ Sakata
DJ Sakata marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Amanda Mohler
Amanda Mohler rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Tori Knightwood
Tori Knightwood rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Dead Letter Office
  • The Resurrected: Part Three
  • Melting Jane
  • Immortal, Insatiable, Indomitable
  • Enchained
  • The King's Druidess (MacLomain, #0.5)
  • Spellbound
  • Worlds Burn Through (The Chronicles of Nowhere #1)
  • In Her Way
  • Portrait of a Dead Guy (A Cherry Tucker Mystery, #1)
  • Dial M for Mischief (Sunshine Girls, #1)
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • The Kiss
  • Friday Mornings at Nine
  • Rogue's Pawn (Covenant of Thorns, #1)
  • The Last Page
  • Typist #1, Working for the Billionaire Novelist (Billionaire Novelist #1)
  • Dark Hunter's Touch (Steel Born 1)
Tawna Fenske is a USA Today bestselling romantic comedy author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. She traveled a career path that took her from newspaper reporter to English teacher in Venezuela to marketing geek to PR manager for her city's tourism bureau. An avid globetrotter and social media fiend, Tawna is the author of the popular b ...more
More about Tawna Fenske...

Getting Dumped (2 books)