Start by marking “Fourteen Flashes of Fiction” as Want to Read:
Fourteen Flashes of Fiction

Fourteen Flashes of Fiction

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  6 reviews
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE LATEST ADDITION OF THIS BOOK IS THE ONE WITH THE GREEN TREE AND ALL OTHER LISTINGS OF THIS TITLE SHOULD BE IGNORED.

What has Sid got in that van and why does the little girl not want to go with her Daddy?

Consequential Moments is a collection of eighteen pieces of Flash Fiction about life in the moment.

The stories are of varied genre, some thrilling, som
ebook
Published July 2011

To ask other readers questions about Fourteen Flashes of Fiction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fourteen Flashes of Fiction

Veronica Marie Lewis-Shaw
(Author’s note – The best part of being a writer is becoming part of a community of extremely talented individuals who share the same passion as you do… writing, but more than just writing… telling a story. 'Writer’ may be what we tell people we are, but in reality… we are story-tellers; a profession as old and honourable as time itself. One such person, whom it is my honor to call friend, is Rosalind Smith-Nazilli. Rosalind recently published a collection of some of her brilliant flash fiction, ...more
Miriam
Mar 07, 2012 Miriam rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: No One!
I downloaded this collection of stories when it was available for free on Amazon and I am extraordinarily grateful I did not spend any money on it. I hope Ms. Smith-Nazilli is not overly offended by my extreme dislike of what she considered a publishable work. Part of being a professional writer is coping with with bad reviews however nothing about this work even so much as hints at professional.

I am a firm believer in the sandwich method of feedback, where criticism is sandwiched between prais
Darren Sant
Effective flash fiction should be like a punch to the gut. It should be the sudden wrench as you trip and suddenly you are looking skywards. It's the slice of lemon in your drink. It’s the finger in your pork pie. You can nod to yourself knowingly like you know where this story is going but then it hits you. That is flash fiction. Rosalind Smith-Nazilli accomplishes this impact and more.

This collection has a bit of everything for you it has debt collectors, serial killers, gangsters, prostitute
Book-shelf Shelf
Fourteen flashes of fiction is the first of five collections of short fiction to be published by the author and contains fourteen short stories, some of which are small flashes. A few of these stories have appeared on her blog.

This collection of stories show life at its grimmest, yet are still enjoyable to read. There is a lovely mix of suprise, justice and the occasional ironic twist. The whole book feels like the reader is seeing and hearing snippets from other lives, which is what makes it a
Sarahanne
These are SUPER short stories - all with a twist. Some of them surprising... some not so much. A couple times I was into the next story before I realized we'd finished. I like the idea but it felt more like story pitches than actual stories. Good ideas, but not enough to bite into.
Mack McCormick
A highly engaging and unpredictable book. The characters and their settings are vivid and engaging. She has a flair for creating unexpected twists. It was a great read!
Carly Berg
Carly Berg marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Shaun
Shaun marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Hannah
Hannah added it
Mar 01, 2012
Graham Smith
Graham Smith marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2012
Morgen Bailey
Morgen Bailey marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2012
Goodreads Librari...: Combine - or not combine.. 1 25 Jul 10, 2012 03:48PM

Rosalind Smith-Nazilli (aka The Fiction Vixen) is a writer with the concentration span of a goldfish. She is also as mad as a box of frogs, drinks too much coffee and smokes too many cigarettes.

She grew up in the UK and worked for many years as a nurse but following a health crisis she re-located to a Aegean village and spends her days swimming, walking her dogs, reading and of course writing.

She
More about Rosalind Smith-Nazilli...
Consequential Moments