Collision

Collision

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  424 ratings  ·  121 reviews
Seven minutes inside a hotel room with a complete stranger. A friendly greeting where we pretend to know each other well and are genuinely happy to see each other; then straight to business. None of it meaningful. None of it real. All of it rehearsed, choreographed, and expected. My life isn't my own anymore. I pretty much go wherever I'm told and put on the show. It's my...more
Published March 27th 2012

Thoughtless by S.C. StephensEffortless by S.C. StephensLove Unscripted by Tina ReberBreathe by Abbi GlinesBackstage Pass by Olivia Cunning
Famous Characters
111th out of 301 books — 654 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Darker by E.L. JamesFifty Shades Freed by E.L. JamesThoughtless by S.C. Stephens
Best Love Story
378th out of 845 books — 1,337 voters

More lists with this book...

Karla (Reads and Thoughts)
What thing from merciful heavens happened here?

description

The gif speaks for itself. My emotion is on whirlwind that I don't really know what to do. I wept after reading it and I went to bed still weeping over it and when I woke up I remember I've read this and wept all over again.

I never really thought that this book would affect me this much. I mean, it really mess up my emotions and all. I don't really know where to start my review. Just remembering that I've read about Kei and Cab is enough for my te...more
Sandra
Oh. My. God! Such a moving story. I am an emotional wreck.

An amazing story of Cab, who has it all but feels his life has no real meaning, and Kei, who expects nothing and has a true purpose. The blending of these two worlds is emotionally engaging. Life changing, for sure.
Wow. Stefne Miller definitely has a talent. This book was incredible!
I just found this romance to be so, so sweet! Unlike the 90% of my books where the romance is steamy and hits off from the start, this one developed gradually and it was so sweet.
Cab's and Kei's transformations were jaw-opening. It was like they were a whole other person! My only fault was that I felt Cab became selfless a little too quickly. Then again, people do many things for love.
It was nice to get inside Cab's head and l...more
Juls
What an uplifting story. This book had a feeling of the movie a walk to remember. If you seen this movie then you'll know how this one will turn out.

Cabot and Kei made one of the most sweetest couples I've ever read about. Cabot was an actor whose life wasn't his own and Kei lived hers serving others in need.
Their time away from others to find peace fated their destiny and the time they had together taught both of them about hope and love. It was a bumpy road getting there but eventually their...more
Laura Lee Anderson
I wish more than anything that there was a 4.5 star rating. I LOVED THIS BOOK!

Congratulations, Stefne Miller, you won for most awesome book I’ve read in a long time.

As a writer who is a Christian (and don’t you dare stop reading this just because I said that word! Don’t you dare!), I had stopped reading Christian fiction because I was tired of it’s preachiness. I don’t want love to come softly! I want to be swept off my feet in an epic, relevant, titillating, relevant, exciting (did I say releva...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
I started this book at 10 at night, absolutely sure that I would read one chapter then go to bed. That did not happen. What to know what happen? The first chapter hooked me in, that I stayed up reading till 1:30 am, with tears running down my face.

This book has ensnared me in so many ways. Everyone has the own journey to make. Have you ever met someone that completely changed your life? Someone who gave no judgment but offered a pure and lovely friendship? I have. I will never forget my first go...more
Julie
To say I love this book is an understatement. This book goes beyond the YA contemporary romance and brings so much raw emotion to the real world. I adored the romance, got swept away by the story, laughed, cried, and found myself inspired by the characters. This is now one of my favorite YA reads and Stefne Miller a new favorite author. I can not recommend this book enough. If you like contemporary romance but want something with its own brand of YA magic, pick up Collision.
Erica
Stefne Miller is one of those people who has this crazy amount of talent that I can't even really fathom it. With each book, she just proves this more and more, and Collision, it was her best book yet. Collision was one of those books that just felt right. And I'm not really sure if that makes sense as a statement, but everything about Collision like it was just meant to be.

Collision's story was just beautiful. Beautiful and entrancing to a T. I was smiling like a fool for a good portion of the...more
Erika
Title: Collision
Author: Stefne Miller
Number of Pages: 333
Date of Release: March 27th, 2012
Summary From Goodreads:

My life isn’t my own anymore. I pretty much go wherever I’m told and put on the show. It’s my life and wh...more
Zoe and the Edge
So, how does Collision compare to Vain? I'm afraid Vain is better. Collision is the less fun, less sexy, more traumatic and more Christian version of Vain. I have to say this though, if the book was in Kei's perspective, I probably would've liked it a lot more. Kei made the book, really.

What I didn't like
I didn't like how the author would throw out strong emotions without really backing them up. It's a showing vs. telling problem.
The book lacked coherency and direction. A lot of floating aroun...more
Sahara
Jamas pensé las emociones que despertaría en mi este libro, cuando empece no pude parar, me encanto la pareja protagonista, Cabot y Kei eran una pareja dispareja, pero se enseñaron tanto el uno a otro...
El final no fue lo que espere, menos lo que quería, pero a pesar de hacerme llorar como una tonta durante todo el final, me gusto, mas bien encanto. Es un libro que recomiendo muchísimo y que espero poder conseguir su versión en papel algún día.
Loni Flowers
After reading Salvaged and Rise by Stefne Miller, I was convinced it would be impossible for her to come up with something better then these two stories. I love to be proven wrong!

I believe contemporary fans who read Young Adult and Adult novels alike, will love this story. It's one of the most inspirational stories I have read and I easily fell in love with Cabot and Kei from the start.
Cabot, a 23 year old famous movie star, is loved by screaming fans everywhere he goes.
Kei does missionary wor...more
Elaine
gosh, i feel bad giving this only a three star rating. with all the five star ratings in the front page, i had so much expectations for this book. Cab is a celebrity, and he was supposed to be my cup of tea. Kei had the attitude that i loved so dearly that the ending broke my heart. The plot could've been so powerful and amazing if only Stefne Miller wrote better.
what i love: Kei and all of Cab's stay in Uganda. enough said.
now for a small rant: i'm not sure if i'm the only one who noticed or i...more
Kymme Agcaoili
This is the first book that I've read this month that really had me crying A LOT and I've read this for a straight 5 hours , I really like reading a book that i like not stopping once I've started it.

I am young.
I'm only 14 and even though I still don't understand how the world really functions because I haven't seen most of it yet , I felt really soft inside and that is a really nice feeling.
But , as much as I love this book ,
I always prepare myself for worst case scenarios so, I emotionally...more
Beth Steury
What happens when the glamorous world of Hollywood fame and fortune collides with the dedication and determination of a life committed to meeting needs among the poorest peoples of a third world country?

Cabot whose world spins at a dizzying pace, has everything a man could ever want. Yet he’s lost himself.

Kei finds her life’s purpose in unselfish service to the beautiful people of Uganda who have nothing. It just so happens that her life of sacrifice provides a perfect place to hide.

Can Kei h...more
Elisita CG.
No era el final que to esperaba, para nada, de hecho el libro habla un poco de tener esperanza y la tuve, espere un final como los que nos gustan a la mayoría con un y "Vivieron Felices para Siempre" ..pero masticándolo un poco el libro no iba de aquello, y me encanto, aunque sigo lagrimeando y pensando un poco me doy cuenta que las historias con finales reales son tan buenas como las que tienen finales llenos de alegría. Así que en resumen si quieren leer algo extraordinario, una historia que t...more
Ivette
Me causo muchos sentimientos, sigo en shock y no creo que pueda hablar a fondo de la trama y los personajes, puede que algún día lo supere y haga mi reseña.
Lindsey
Andrea Roach
I can't explain the impact this book has made on me. I am still asking myself, "What do I need to do as a result of reading this book?" I know that it was no accident I read this book and I am still amazed that I was this affected by a work of fiction!! What a testament to the author. The characters and their stories are captivating. I became so emotionally involved with them that they almost became real to me. This book is a definite must read!
Ioanna
It started out to be a 5 -huge- stars reading...I was so sure of that.What happened?....I can't stand people and books that preach or try to send or sell moral messages or talk in detail about the third world problems.I know I may sound like an insensitive bitch but I dislike too moral people and saints.
The real rating is 2 stars but usually save it for a really bad book and this one wasn't the worst I have read,I settled for a 3.

Sara Hull
"Collision" is yet another amazingly powerful book by Stefne Miller. The characters have such depth, and the scenes are written so well you can positively see them as you read. This book is wonderful...I would recommend it whole-heartedly to anyone.
Jennifer Griffin
Fortunately, I have had the wonderful opportunity to read "Collision" and have to say it is one of the best books I have ever read, by far a new favorite!! If you are looking to be moved by emotion and inspired by life and love, this is a MUST READ for you!
Joey
Another great book by Stefne. Could not put it down all house work got put on hold as well as the T.V. untill I finished reading it. Thanks Stefne for having a great heart and for the awesome talent in writing this amazing book!
Marce Jimenez
Amazing just amazing

Nunca en mi vida eh llorado tanto eh sentido tanta tristeza y eh amado al mundo como este libro simplemente increible...

Ese final fue el mas triste y el mas feliz que he leido en mi vida
Shaun Miller
Amazing !! Stefne took her writing to a new level with Collision. If you take a chance on this book, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Taylor Beat
Best book I have ever read! This is Stefne Miller's best book yet! Better than Salvaged and Rise, and I didn't think that was possible!
Penny Lane
4.5

Es un libro que iba y venia en gustarme o no y ese final me mato. Simplemente eso.
FotZik
"Cab Stone has it all fame, fortune and the adoration of millions of women across the globe. When the constant attention from fans and expectations from his handlers becomes too much, he escapes the craziness of press junkets and movie sets and escapes to Asheville, North Carolina to hide away for the summer. He expects peace, quiet, and solitude. What he doesn't expect is to meet a fiery redhead who changes everything he knows about the world. The daughter of missionaries, Kei Sallee lives a li...more
Katie
I have read and loved Stefne Miller's previous books, Salvaged and Rise, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is her best yet. Collision made me laugh, cry, scream, and rejoice. It has earned the honor of being on my favorites shelf and I know I will reread this one many times in the future.

Cabot is an easy guy to like. He's a famous actor so he's rich and all the girls love him. He knows this and he knows that he is totally arrogant. Still, he is sweet, kind, funny, and all around wonder...more
Maria Jessamir
I don't know what to say. This just made it to my most favorite YA book, so far.

It was hauntingly beautiful and I loved every moment of it. This is one of the most heart warming thing i've ever read and just like what every GREAT book out there do to their readers, and which only great books can do, it changed me. It opened my eyes, and showed me what REAL selflessness, compassion, forgiveness, hope, joy, and love looks like.

At first, i was contemplating if the ending was necessary and I would...more
  • Starring Me
  • Roadside Assistance
  • Night Sky
  • Interrupted: A Life Beyond Words
  • Breath Away (Away, #2)
  • The Academy
  • Billow (Ondine Quartet, #2)
  • Awkward (Smith High, #1)
  • A Walk To Remember
  • Unconditional (Always, #1)
  • Second Chance (First Comes Love, #2)
  • The Earthquake Machine
  • Evelyn Vine Be Mine
  • Snapshot (The Jamieson Collection, #2)
  • Between You & Me
  • When You Open Your Eyes
  • The Edumacation of Jay Baker
  • The Girl is Trouble (The Girl is Murder, #2)
Stefne Miller was born an "Army Brat" and lived in many states growing up including: Oklahoma, Hawaii, Georgia, Virginia and Pennsylvania.

Before trying her hand at writing, she held various jobs including working along side her husband in Children's Ministry; becoming the Director of Operations and later a Public Policy Specialist and Cabinet Liaison for then Governor of Oklahoma, Frank Keating; a...more
More about Stefne Miller...
Salvaged (Salvaged, #1) Rise (Salvaged, #2)

“If there's one area of me that the devil's got a hold of, it's my tongue.” 5 likes
“I don't think there's anything wrong with borrowing someone else's faith to get you through until you get enough on your own.” 4 likes