Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals

Tiny Food Party!: Bite-Size Recipes for Miniature Meals

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  23 reviews
Hors d'oeuvres have a reputation for requiring frou-frou ingredients that are difficult to identify—let alone locate in a grocery store. (When's the last time you ate an amuse-bouche at home?) It's about time for an appetizer cookbook that has fun with the concept of tasting an entire meal in one bite!

With Tiny Food Party!, Teri Lyn Fisher and Jenny Park share super quick...more
Published October 9th 2012 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about Tiny Food Party!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tiny Food Party!

Autumn
This book is simultaneously attractive and repellent. If I make a plate of deviled quail eggs, am I participating in the fall of the Roman Empire? BUT THEY'RE SO CUTE!

The authors are professional food stylists rather than taste experts, but that might be an advantage in noticing that you can make tiny chicken and waffles with mini-Eggos. Most of the recipes are pretty complicated. The real tiny food party is going to be in your kitchen as you while away the afternoon individually frying mini ta...more
Arielle Walker
Great book - most of these foods look so ridiculously tasty and the tiniest just adds another interesting element. I've found myself wanting to throw dinner parties just to have these little canapes and snacks!
Shala Kerrigan
I'm going to be completely honest before I start gushing about the cute. I love tiny things, adore tiny foods, and love good food well made. It just delights me, well-made tiny foods are a joy to look at it and to eat.

Tiny Food Party! -Bite Sized Recipes for Miniature Meals by Teri Lyn Fish and Jenny Park is full of tiny, appetizer 1 and 2 bite versions of regular food. While the focus is on making things small, there is also a strong focus on making them well so they are as delicious as they ar...more
Angie
No new techniques or tools for me, some of the photos do not match the recipe. Seems like maximum effort for minimal payoff. Uses older trends (ie corn dogs with bacon in the batter) and seems more suited for a monthly blog feature than a book. Photographs are gorgeous but the recipes aren't really for me.
Kate Savage
Cute little foods on teeny tiny plates take the center stage of this wonderful looking, mesmerizing cookbook that takes everyday foods and makes them very small.

Tiny cupcakes! Impish toaster pastries! Caprese salad on a toothpick! They're in this book and they are so cute. Some of the dishes are more complex than others but none seem impossible. The only drawback for me is that there are very few vegetarian recipes. Although I do see how some of the recipes could be modified to fit vegetarian an...more
Rebecca Ann
I won't lie, I'm a sucker for tiny things. They're just cuter. I want to make these tiny pop tarts super bad!
Karin
I've decided to buy this one after getting it through interlibrary loan. Fairly simple recipes for cute, little food.
Jessi James
Such a fun book, and a lot of the recipes can be adapted into "normal" size food, too! :D
Jessica
Definitely a book I could own. I love these cute festive finger food recipes.
Christiane
I really liked looking at the pictures of this utterly adorable tiny food! I am unlikely to actually make most of these dishes as they are too complicated for a non-cook. However, there is a very easy recipe for Caprese Skewers that even I could handle, and a pulled-pork dish you make in the crock pot that will be worth a try. And if someone wants to make me the miniature homemade pop-tarts or hostess cupcakes I will be forever grateful! This would make a great gift for cooks who entertain a lot...more
saferia
I picked this book up on a whim at a local nick-knack shop. I love the full color photos, and bite sized treats that are perfect for small gatherings! I picked a few recipes for a gathering of 5 friends and they all enjoyed the tasty food and the small sizes (more room for guilty pleasures). The recipes are fairly simple to make and tasty to boot. I can't wait to try some of the mini cocktails.

This weekend's endeavor: jalapeno cornbread bites!
Jacquie
Checked it out from the library but I am going to have to buy it because all (well almost all I'm going to pass on the kimchi deviled quail eggs) are so adorable and sound so yummy. I thought it many recipes were very versatile as they often offered shortcuts or vegetarian options.
Anna
Dec 15, 2012 Anna added it
Bite-Size Caprese Skewers! Snack-Size Beef Empanadas! Lamb Sliders! Easy Mini Baguettes! Mini Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches! Mini Banh Mi Sandwiches! are my transcribed(typed?) takeaways from this adorable-themed cookbook......so, very cuuuute!
Emily
So i always bring home tiny food books because i love the idea and then im like well this is TOO MUCH EFFORT... but still really good looking recipes neat ideas, very pretty good
Molly
These were cute. A little more frying required than I care for, and some of them seemed like more work than I care for investing in a finger food, but overall cute.
Lynne Cosmano
looking for ideas for a family get together...some yummy things but nothing really new and exciting and some WAY too putzy to make. Cute but....
Pamela Sue
Cute book. Great pictures. Some food is simple and some is involved. I'm not going to make tiny Philly cheese steak sandwiches though.
Katy
I mean...who would actually make any of this stuff? Miniature homemade pop tarts? Great food styling and photography.
Karen Tompert
Lots of fun recipes in this book. I think I will have to buy it :)
M Williamson
SO ADORABLE! I need to have my tiny BBQ party!
Meredith
YUM! I'm buying this one!
Gemma Jackson
Gemma Jackson is currently reading it
Aug 13, 2014
Ttran
Ttran marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Kate
Kate added it
Jul 01, 2014
Leah
Leah marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Break an Egg: A Fresh Take on Recipes For Morning, Noon, and Night Cocktails for the Four Seasons Cocktails for a Crowd: More Than 40 Recipes for Making Popular Drinks in Party-Pleasing Batch