Start by marking “Secrets of the Model Dorm” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Model Dorm

Secrets of the Model Dorm

Welcome to the model dorm, where you're not mad that your roommate, Christiane, is hooking up with a Brazilian male model on your bunk, but that she's wearing your Dior heels while doing it; where the alcoholic Kylie leaves stains from her Metamucil martinis on the carpet; and where you help Svetlana, the Ukrainian cokehead, clean up after her very public nosebleed. You're ...more
Published January 2nd 2007 by Atria Books (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Model Dorm, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets of the Model Dorm

Revenge of the Girl with the Great Personality by Elizabeth EulbergSpoiled by Heather CocksCherry by Lindsey RosinBeautiful by Amy ReedMirror, Mirror Trilogy by Diana Rodriguez Wallach
Written in Lipstick
17th out of 23 books — 1 voter
Princess for Hire by Lindsey LeavittFree Gift with Purchase by Jackie PilossophA Farewell to Charms by Lindsey LeavittGorgeous by Rachel VailCompact with the Devil by Bethany Maines
Cosmetics on the Cover
59th out of 67 books — 7 voters

More lists with this book...

Alexa
Nov 13, 2014 Alexa rated it liked it
Recommended to Alexa by: Jaymee
Shelves: read-in-2011
(Review originally posted on Alexa Loves Books)

There are days when I enjoy getting absorbed entirely into the wonderful worlds created in fantasy or sci-fi novels; and then there are the days when I look forward to something that's a little more girly and easy to read. I had one of those days when I read this particular novel so it suited my needs at that moment in time.

The book is written by a former model, Amanda Kerlin, so you can be assured that there is some semblance of reality in the inte
Ellen
Jul 24, 2007 Ellen added it
Shelves: just-read
If you like "Top Model," you should read this; its episodic structure and entrance-and-exit characters are similar, and of course, there is a lot of drama and drunkenness. (Just don't ask me to make a Metamuciltini.)
Rebecca
Jun 25, 2011 Rebecca rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklit
I needed something trashy to read when I went to the hot pool spa in Wairewa and this book was perfect. The cover was a little to trash for me, but the contents were perfect for not really needing to pay attention to anything. Girl who modelled locally comes to NY because she gets signed by some agency and lives in like a room with 3 other girls. My favourite part of the book was her talking about the cycle of girls that were always moving in and moving out quickly because they were either succe ...more
Sara
Dec 26, 2010 Sara rated it really liked it
Sembra stupido ma...

Da quando ho finito di leggere questo libretto, guardo le modelle sulle riviste con un altro occhio.

Sfruttate, costrette a pelle e ossa, in stato di abbandono, molte non realizzano più di un servizio fotografico. Poche sono quelle che ce la fanno.

E' un duro lavoro, quello verso perfezi ... (continue)

Sfruttate, costrette a pelle e ossa, in stato di abbandono, molte non realizzan
Kricket
Jan 07, 2008 Kricket rated it did not like it
Oh, what a suckfest! Look how late I am adding it to goodreads. I was embarrassed to have read it.

This is the Devil Wears Prada except with models, and the writer pens at a 5th grade level- even with a co-writer! She has nothing intelligent to say even though she could have made a powerful case against the modeling industry. I was hoping it would be akin to "Pledged" by Alexandra Robbins. Alas.

Although I will admit that I found the metamucil/vodka cocktails kind of funny. But more sad.
Shauna
Jul 20, 2007 Shauna rated it it was ok
Not sure what I really think of this book. It was interesting, and would definitely make me think twice about becoming a model (assuming I was actually thinking about it at all). It got pretty boring in the middle, and there was a lot of drama with very little plot movement. An enjoyable quick-read, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, nor would I read it again.
Kim
Sep 30, 2009 Kim rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
This is one of those books that was fun to read but almost forgettable. For example I can't remember how it ended and I only finished it like 2 days ago. It was a quick fun read though and an interesting peek into the life of a struggling model. Heather was a neat character and I liked how she didn't fit the bill of a typical bimbo model type.
Emily
Jan 02, 2008 Emily rated it liked it
This book gives you a glimpse of what the modeling industry is like. Models are not respected and treated poorly by everyone. You may think that models have the life but once you learn what they really go through I think you will change your mind. I related to this book because I dabbled with modeling once upon a time
Kourtney
Oct 13, 2012 Kourtney rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I finally finished! Which speaks volumes about this vapid tale of someone living out their glory days again. I really hope things got better for her afterwards because this book wasn't anything to crow about...
KP
Jun 04, 2008 KP rated it it was ok
when reading the jacket of the book, i expected a funny, intriguing story and found it to be neither. i wanted a light, summer read, and got a long story that's ending didn't seem to come quite fast enough.
Melanie
Sep 21, 2008 Melanie rated it it was ok
A great beach read. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but if you are interested in the fashion industry the author, a former model and she delivers a tale that is half cautionary, half pure fun.
Samantha
May 23, 2008 Samantha rated it it was ok
This book was a great summertime read. There was high-fashion, girl's cattiness, love gone wrong, and thinly veiled references to real people. What more can you ask for?
Meg
Jan 13, 2009 Meg rated it did not like it
I thought this book was awful. I read it while on a trip and was hating the fact that I had no other reads with me. Bummer!
Charlene Armstrong
It was a fun book...nothing to write home about - but still, I was intrigued enough to stay in a bubble bath through half of it!!
Whitney
Apr 22, 2008 Whitney rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Don't waste your time. Read like the watered-down exploits of Paris, Nicole and Lindsay in US Weekly. No new secrets here.
Kelly1142
Apr 29, 2008 Kelly1142 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2008
A good summer read - a behind the scenes look at the New York fashion model scene, heavy on the trashiness!
Susan
Sep 02, 2011 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A cheesy, cute story about life in a model dorm. Exactly what you would expect!
Andrea
Jan 23, 2011 Andrea rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book because I know how true it really is...
Alena
Jul 16, 2007 Alena rated it did not like it
Shelves: chick-lit
I was hoping this would be a juicy, guilty-pleasure book. It wasn't.
Michelle
Sep 09, 2008 Michelle rated it liked it
Fluff book. Good for the summertime
Stealthilicious Stacie
Apr 25, 2009 Stealthilicious Stacie rated it it was ok
Shelves: fiction, 2009
Silly silly silly book.
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2016
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Jenn
Jenn added it
Sep 20, 2016
Caroline
Caroline rated it it was amazing
Sep 01, 2016
Helen Starrs
Helen Starrs marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Raven Li
Raven Li marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Laura marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2016
  • This Year's Model
  • Confessions of a Backup Dancer
  • Clearing the Aisle
  • What A Girl Wants
  • Locker Room Diaries: The Naked Truth about Women, Body Image, and Re-imagining the "Perfect" Body
  • The Godless Delusion: A Catholic Challenge to Modern Atheism