Start by marking “National Geographic Angry Birds: 50 True Stories of the Fed Up, Feathered, and Furious” as Want to Read:

4.03  ·  Rating Details  ·  103 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
"If playing Angry Birds has suddenly turned you into a bird lover, you’ll want to get your talons on the latest book National Geographic Angry Birds: 50 True Stories of the Fed Up, Feathered and Furious." --geekstyleguide.com

This hilariously eye-popping book showcases real-world angry birds and 50 fantastic stories peppered with tips to avoid them, as well as fascinating f
Published September 25th 2012 by National Geographic (first published September 4th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about National Geographic Angry Birds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about National Geographic Angry Birds

Wanji
Nov 10, 2012 Wanji rated it it was amazing
This book is good because it is a book about angry birds but it shows what birds that they are really supposed to be like the white bird is a swan This is a great book and i think people who like angry birds and real birds might happen to like this book.
Ryan
Oct 18, 2012 Ryan rated it liked it
I never thought of birds having scowls until National Geographic and their friends the Angry Birds decided to point them out. This fun bird digest takes you through a selection of birds Audubon would be proud of. It tells the good and the bad and gives each bird a “rap sheet” (almost like they have been known for prison worthy behavior before).

This first Angry Birds NatGeo book will get kids more interested in real birds, but the future books in this new series are more promising for all ages. T
Samantha
If you have a student who is reluctant to read but loves Angry Birds, this could be a great gateway into reading. Short stories of real-life aggression in birds combined with information about the Angry Birds characters leads to a quick-paced read. If you want in-depth information about birds, this is not the book for you.
Alvina
Mar 05, 2013 Alvina rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Angry Bird merupakan game yang sangat populer belakangan ini. Pasukan burung warna-warni melawan segerombolan piggy, dengan berbagai latar tempat pertarungan mereka. Kali ini National Geographic, bersama dengan Rovio, perusahaan entertainmen yang menciptakan Angry Bird membuat buku khusus tentang burung yang mudah marah.

Terdiri dari 160 halaman, penuh warna, buku ini membawakan keajaiban bidikan kamera khas National Geographic bersamaan dengan karikatur Angry Bird yang dijelaskan satu persatu.

A
Tiffany
Oct 20, 2013 Tiffany rated it really liked it
Book Title: National Geographic Angry Birds: 50 True Stories of the Fed Up, Feathered, and Furious

Short Description of the Book:

This book creatively links the video game, Angry Birds, to real-life birds. The author describes birds by giving facts about their species, physical appearance, habitat, and angry behaviors.

FOCUS: Informational Features I would Use in a Mini-Lesson:

1)Link: The author links the idea of a video game (Angry Birds) to factual information. Show the students that they can
Asna
Aug 16, 2013 Asna rated it liked it
burung-burung ini, dengan segala macem... rupa (bentuknya sih sama ajah), warna dan kepribadian, bagus buat dijadiin karakter (cerita) :)) Kehidupan burung pun beraneka ragam dan ternyata kepribadiannya juga ada yang mengerikan dan sesadis drama kehidupan manusia (orang tua naro telor di sarang burung lain, nanti pas telornya menetas, itu anak burung titipan makanin/ bunuhin telor-telor/ anak si burung lain itu, terus dia tumbuh besar dipiara orang tua yang anak2nya dia bunuh itu. keren tah?). S ...more
Jonathan
May 20, 2014 Jonathan rated it liked it
Fun and interesting way to gain facts about birds. Often times non-fiction text can be intimidating to young readers, but this book presents it in a way that is appealing to all. Even those who aren't familiar with the game.
Heidi
Jul 12, 2016 Heidi rated it liked it
This might be one we need to buy at some point. My child would give it 5 stars, and is currently OBSESSED with bringing Angry Birds books home from the library. The first one was about space, and now this one. I enjoyed the layout and pictures. National Geographic has yet to have a bad book in my opinion. He enjoyed reading a page or two at a time about different types of birds...and Angry Birds of course.
Vahn Brail
Jan 30, 2014 Vahn Brail rated it it was amazing
a very fun book. tells how angry birds can be. some things i did not expect out of this book like those swans. careful around those. also little jokes are around this book. probably just for the fun of it.
Evelyn
Jan 08, 2013 Evelyn rated it it was amazing
This book was awesome, starting right off the bat with the cover!! How can you look at the cover and not be immediately interested or crack a smile!! The book was full of weird facts of "angry" birds, and some of the facts were just plain ol' strange! (who knew that there was a bird that vomited up poison to protect itself??!). There are some vicious birds out there! Great pictures and the text to go along with the section on a particular bird was hilarious!! It was hard to read this without bur ...more
Adam B
Apr 06, 2016 Adam B rated it it was amazing
This was a awesome book it was very funny. Italso had information about cool birds.
Jon
Jan 12, 2013 Jon rated it it was ok
Just okay. The facts are all essentially the same. "This bird is territorial and will protect its young". The pictures were, as another user said, just okay. Too close up and not really showing much of anything. I realize I'm probably not the target audience but the little comic book bubble captions that all the birds are saying is really lame. "Back off, booby!" "Don't ask me why I'M crossing the road"... etc...

Oh well. It was a Christmas present so I'm not out any money and I honestly did lear
Maximilian
Dec 31, 2014 Maximilian rated it liked it
Birds can be quite mean!
Erica Flory
Mar 27, 2014 Erica Flory rated it liked it
a lot of interesting facts & great pictures
Quintez Dennis
This particular book made me laugh, because these birds that had awful behaviors that they inflicted on humans unexpectedly. The birds that I have read informed me that birds also have behaviors like we do but not as to put it multiple behaviors. This book is mainly about the angry behaviors of birds and their adaptations. Adaptation means using traits to adapt to the environment to what a organism uses to survive.
Donovan711
Oct 14, 2012 Donovan711 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 7th-grade

I have been surprised by many things, but this book has stole the show. I love this book for it's non fiction and humor blend there are many birds and there are even the angry birds' names! When you think of nonfiction book you think of a boring book but, this book has redefined nonfiction for me. There are many laughs and weird descriptions of many birds, each one is unique. This is this is the book to have
Hadi Wijaya
May 03, 2013 Hadi Wijaya rated it really liked it
This book make me realize that the real angry birds exist especially in Australia. It could be a warning that creatures which seems harmless can actually bring huge damage when they are angry.

Knowing some information on this book is quite helpful. At least as basic knowledge in memory that certain birds should be avoided.

It's a fun book, it full of image and facts :D
Lucy
Apr 21, 2013 Lucy rated it liked it
Interesting way of presenting information on birds. It would mean more I'm sure to those who have actually played the Angry Birds game. I would have greatly preferred to have the photographs occupy their page without the Rap Sheet inserted over the illustration. The thought balloons are also unnecessary and intrusive.
J R
Feb 22, 2013 J R rated it really liked it
"Angry" behaviors of various bird species around the world are explained and caught in photographs. A playful presentation, but educational as well. Of course, we know the birds aren't really angry in the human sense of the word. They're just doing what they've always done to ensure the survival of their species.
Miranda
Dec 03, 2012 Miranda rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
This was pretty cute, but I would have liked better pictures of the birds. Some only showed the head - one was just a chick breaking out of the shell. It would also have been nice to have a scale for each one - maybe compare it to a 6 ft person or something to give an idea of how big they really are.
Pablo Palet Araneda
Apr 07, 2013 Pablo Palet Araneda rated it it was ok
Shelves: ornitologia
Some very good photos and interesting stories, with a couple of tips worthy to deepen, but it does not provide references enought to do it. Could be much better.
At least (and at last), the Australian Magpie was declared as the angriest of them all, with which I agree for having been victim of their attacks
Sarra
May 03, 2013 Sarra rated it really liked it
This is a book about the real angry birds of the world, including the angry birds of the game. With a lot of information to protect you from ostriches, emus, pelicans, and the red tailed hawk, this is a book that has many facts and information that is not only interesting, but might be useful.
Michael
Nov 17, 2013 Michael rated it it was amazing
Very fun read connecting to the silly online game. Definitely educational in a biological sense for students.
Abraham Ray
nice book about birds
Dr Rajesh Padhi
Dr Rajesh Padhi rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Amy Nelson
Amy Nelson rated it really liked it
Aug 08, 2016
mihyun
mihyun marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2016
Nathalie Verbiest
Nathalie Verbiest marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Books4Life
Books4Life rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • The Magic School Bus Gets Cold Feet: A Book About Hot- and Cold-Blooded Animals
  • Scholastic Children's Dictionary
  • Hungry, Hungry Sharks!
  • Letters From Eden: A Year at Home, in the Woods
  • The Singing Life of Birds: The Art and Science of Listening to Birdsong (with CD)
  • Weird but True! 3: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #3)
  • Thomas Goes Fishing (Thomas & Friends)
  • Good Birders Don't Wear White: 50 Tips From North America's Top Birders
  • Ten Birds
  • Insects: A Guide to Familiar American Insects
  • The Widow And The Parrot
  • Iceberg, Right Ahead! The Tragedy of the Titanic
  • World Rat Day: Poems About Real Holidays You've Never Heard Of
  • Bright Wings: An Illustrated Anthology of Poems about Birds
  • Dolphins! (Step into Reading, Step 3)
  • Sharks And Other Sea Monsters