Start by marking “Path of Beasts (The Keepers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Path of Beasts (The Keepers, #3)

Path of Beasts (The Keepers Trilogy #3)

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  473 ratings  ·  46 reviews
The city of Jewel is in peril once again, as it is held captive by the frightful Fugleman, his band of Blessed Guardians, and an army of merciless mercenaries. There's no doubt that Goldie and Toadspit want to get their city back, but how can a small group of children fight against such overwhelming forces of evil? And how, as Goldie is determined, can they avoid bloodshed...more
Published October 9th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Path of Beasts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path of Beasts

One Pushy Fox
An AMAZING end to a spectacular series!!! I absolutely adored this!!!!

Let the SQUEE-fest begin...

A few weeks ago, I got some VERY, VERY GOOD NEWS.....I had won an ARC of Lian Tanner's Path of Beasts.

OH.

MY.

GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally squealed when I read the email from her. Seriously, I scared the bejebus out of my kids!! And so when it showed up, I couldn't wait to crack it open and devour it. And devour it I did.

Path of Beasts picks up immediately where City of Lies ends: Goldie, Toadspi...more
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 stars. We return to the adventures of Goldie and Toadspit in this final installment of the series, which picks up right where we left them in City of Lies. The children return to Jewel after their harrowing escape from the kidnappers in Spoke to find that their enemy the Fugleman has taken over the city with his Blessed Guardians and an army of mercenaries.

It's showdown time now, and the Keepers will have to devise a plan to protect the Museum of Dunt and the people of Jewel. The Fugleman, h...more
Hollowspine
I listened to the audiobook version in two days. It was so good that I sat in the driveway, then decided that I just had to bring it in and listen to the rest of it. Lian Tanner has created, in these three books, a world and a story that are, together, completely engrossing.

I can't believe that I have already reached the end of my journey with Goldie, Toadspit and Bonnie. I wish I could hear an account of every day of their lives, because I'm sure each day would bring new mysteries and adventure...more
Miffy
Goldie and Toadspit are at it again - right in the thick of the intrigue and politics of the town of Jewel. After their trials in the City of Lies, Goldie and Toadspit return to Jewel to find that it, and the Museum of Dunt are, once again, under attack. The Museum is most upset, and it is taking all of Sinew, Olga Ciavolga and Herro Dan's skill to keep the contents of the museum from running amok in the streets of Jewel. Can the children devise a plan to save Jewel? And can they do it on their...more
Aelvana
Goldie, Toadspit, and Bonnie have finally made it back to their hometown of Jewel. All of them have been changed by their time in Spoke, but Goldie most of all. The ancient Princess Frisia now lives within Goldie, and her battle-madness does as well. Such abilities can be very useful now that Jewel has been taken over by the Fugleman again . . . if Goldie doesn't go insane first.

I have a soft spot for both thieves and berserkers, and now that Goldie is struggling with multiple personalities, sh...more
Mark
The author, Lian Tanner, handed me the final instalment in The Keepers trilogy, Path of Beasts, to enjoy before the book’s release in October. And enjoy, I did. I’m not ashamed to say that like many millions of other ‘grown-ups” I waited patiently for the release of new titles about a certain bespectacled boy Wizard and waiting for new instalments of The Keepers has kept me similarly engaged. Tanner’s adult-heavy “Young Adult” trilogy started well in The Museum of Thieves, blossomed in fascinati...more
Romi
Thank you to Lian Tanner for sending me this review copy!

This was the perfect ending to a series that I feel as if has trapised through the first half of my youth (as in teenage years) with me, so it's definitely sad that it's over, despite my being thrilled with this finale book- I'll miss looking forward to another book in the series, though I can certainly hope for more from Lian Tanner.

The energy in this novel, especially in the last 150 pages or so, is absolutely incredible- the characters...more
Ms. Yingling
Goldie, Bonnie and Toadspit are staggering back into Jewel after their escapades in City of Lies when they see Blessed Guardians dumping a sack in the canal... a sack which contains a barely alive Grand Protector. When they get back to the Museum of Dunt they find out that the Fogelman has taken over and is trying to bring the town of Jewel to its knees. Goldie, especially (having been imbued with the spirit of the ancient Merne Princess Frisia, who is very warlike!) is not okay with this, and s...more
Thoraiya
Got sick of waiting for the library to get this and borrowed it from a friend...and it was SO GOOD. All the things I wanted to happen, happened, and other things besides, with delicious, delightful and hair-raising scenes bubbling up out of Tanner's brain just like the magical rooms and mythical creatures straining to escape from the Museum of Dunt. Read the books in order, would be my only caution with this fantastic series.
Sherrie
Path of Beasts is the final book in the Museum of Jewel series. Once again I chose the audio CD version for this final installment because Claudia Black gives a rousing performance of these adventures! In this volume Goldie, Toadspit and the other museum keepers are once again battling the notorious Fugelman and his diabolical minions. The fate of the Museum as well as that of the citizens of Jewel is in the Keepers hands. As with previous volumes there is plenty of action and lots of decadent w...more
Robin
Satisfying conclusion to the Keepers Trilogy, which begins with Museum of Thieves. Goldie is such a likeable heroine and it's a strong cast of supporting characters - Toadspit and his sister Bonnie, Sinew, Herro Dan & Olga Chivolga, the museum's keepers, almost mythical creatures like Broo the bristlehound and Morg the slaughterbird, Mouse and Pounce from the second book, and the bad guy who just won't go away - the Fugleman. He seems to have the gift of talk from Hale's the Goose Girl. The...more
Justin
Great book! I liked the part where Toadspit and the fugleman had a duel. the ending was also a surprise ending. I can't believe what happened to the fugleman!
Mayomouse
Here I am again. I've rated Museum of Thieves and City of Lies (is that what it's called?). And I'm back to rate Path of Beasts. And for the third time I'll say this was definitely likable. I have to say that this was quite a bang for an average "definitely likable" series like this one. A neat ending with all the loose ends tied in a pretty bow (cuz in school we learned that a good resolution "ties all loose ends together"). But of all three books I liked COL the best. Usually the middle book g...more
Thebooklion
An amazing and thrilling adventure and mystery that kept me going for 3 books! Sad to be ending but as all great stories must! A story is always dead... Until you open it.
Sheila
I am SO SORRY to see this series end. It's imaginative and compelling. The worldbuilding is great and the characters are fully three-dimensional.

My only quibble with this book is a couple of plot points that I felt were clumsily telegraphed. But whatever.

And if you can do the audiobook version, I will say for the nth time that Claudia Black's narration is AMAZING. Whoever directed it should win an award.
Stephanie
The Audio book has a really overly dramatic narration but after I got used to it, it really helped carry the story along. This is the climatic final battle between the Fugleman and the Museum. It takes placed directly after the events of The City of Lies and ties up all the various plot lines introducted the the first two books of the series. I good conclusion to the series. I really enjoyed it.
Kaamla
The last book in the keepers trilogy was so amazing! When I finished the book I felt like I lost something and was just so gripped to it. The ending made sense and I loved it so much. Toadspit is just such a great character and Goldie is too. This book made me nervous at times and I couldn't stop turning the pages. This is worth 5 stars and more people should read this book.
Connie Easlick
I am really glad this one ended as it did! This trilogy is really cool! I am not sure if kids age fifth and sixth grade will enjoy it, but I sure did. Some of it was kind of scary, but I think that age can handle it well, as long as they like this kind of book. It has adventure and mystery. It involves kids that do more than adults to get their city back. A very good read! :)
Samantha Boyette
A really solid ending to a solid middle grade trilogy. My enjoyment of the series didn't stutter at any point from the start of the first book to the end of this one. This ties up the series nicely, but the world built in the book is so broad I wouldn't be surprised to see another book taking place here.
Mithra A.
I must say, I liked this book the best in the trilogy. I was a little dissapointed that nothing happened between Toadspit and Goldie, but other that that, this book was amazing and I never wanted it to end--even though the ending was a great one--and for the book to be over. :-D
Jackie
An exciting conclusion to a fun, fast paced and exciting trilogy by Lian Tanner. I am wondering what's next from this author? I will keep an eye out. Great for the pre-teen set... and those who like a rollicking good story!
Jacqui
This was an excellent end to the trilogy. At parts it was so tense I almost couldn't carry on but I knew it had to work out in the end and it was well worth all those nerves! A great end to a very anticipated book.
Tracy
I have loved both the audio, and the written form of these books. They are a quick read, fun to listen to. The first one in the series is The Museum of Thieves.
Tehani
Fantastic ending to a fantastic trilogy. Action packed and emotionally engrossing, Goldie and her friends face the biggest battle yet. Highly recommended!
Alex
This book is a very good read and it's quite mysterious and exciting. Before you read this book be sure to read the 1st and 2nd books in the series
LoveMaui
Amazing conclusion to the series! I really wish the series didn't have to end, I want more adventures from Goldie, Toadspit, Bonnie, and Mouse!
Trinesha
Wow, I was dreading reading about the 'foobleman' and his antics, but this was such a good book! Perfect ending to such an action-packed trilogy.
William
I left too much time between book 2 and book 3, and struggled to recall the characters and their titles. Solid conclusion to an enjoyable series.
  • The Mystery  (Troubletwisters, #3)
  • How to Catch a Bogle (Bogle #1)
  • Angel Creek
  • Otto and the Flying Twins (The Karmidee, #1)
  • Crow Country
  • The Whisperer
  • My Happy Life
  • The Museum of Mary Child
  • The Third Door (The Three Doors Trilogy #3)
  • Howl's Moving Castle Film Comic, Vol. 2
  • Dumpling Days
  • Charis: Journey to Pandora's Jar
  • My Life as an Alphabet
  • The Jewel of the Kalderash (The Kronos Chronicles, #3)
  • The Fire Chronicle (The Books of Beginning, #2)
  • Chasing the Valley (Chasing the Valley #1)
  • Timothy and the Dragon's Gate (Alex and the Ironic Gentleman, #2)
  • Legion of the Dead (Barnaby Grimes, # 3)
Lian Tanner is a children's author and playwright. She was born in Tasmania and has lived there most of her life, except for three years teaching in Papua New Guinea and a year in Europe. Her fantasy novel Museum of Thieves is Book 1 in The Keepers Trilogy, and winner of the 2010 Aurealis Award for Children's Fiction. City of Lies won the 2011 Aurealis Award for Children's Fiction, and Path of Bea...more
More about Lian Tanner...
Museum of Thieves (The Keepers, #1) City of Lies (The Keepers, #2) Ice Breaker (The Hidden, #1) Rats! Sunker's Deep (The Hidden, #2)