Start by marking “Path of Beasts (The Keepers, #3)” as Want to Read:
Path of Beasts (The Keepers, #3)

Path of Beasts (The Keepers Trilogy #3)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  718 Ratings  ·  60 Reviews
The city of Jewel is in peril once again, as it is held captive by the frightful Fugleman, his band of Blessed Guardians, and an army of merciless mercenaries. There's no doubt that Goldie and Toadspit want to get their city back, but how can a small group of children fight against such overwhelming forces of evil? And how, as Goldie is determined, can they avoid bloodshed ...more
Published October 9th 2012 by Delacorte Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Path of Beasts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Path of Beasts

One Pushy Fox
Oct 06, 2012 One Pushy Fox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
An AMAZING end to a spectacular series!!! I absolutely adored this!!!!

Let the SQUEE-fest begin...

A few weeks ago, I got some VERY, VERY GOOD NEWS.....I had won an ARC of Lian Tanner's Path of Beasts.

OH.

MY.

GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I literally squealed when I read the email from her. Seriously, I scared the bejebus out of my kids!! And so when it showed up, I couldn't wait to crack it open and devour it. And devour it I did.

Path of Beasts picks up immediately where City of Lies ends: Goldie, Toadspi
Mogsy (MMOGC)
3.5 stars. We return to the adventures of Goldie and Toadspit in this final installment of the series, which picks up right where we left them in City of Lies. The children return to Jewel after their harrowing escape from the kidnappers in Spoke to find that their enemy the Fugleman has taken over the city with his Blessed Guardians and an army of mercenaries.

It's showdown time now, and the Keepers will have to devise a plan to protect the Museum of Dunt and the people of Jewel. The Fugleman, h
Hollowspine
Nov 16, 2012 Hollowspine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I listened to the audiobook version in two days. It was so good that I sat in the driveway, then decided that I just had to bring it in and listen to the rest of it. Lian Tanner has created, in these three books, a world and a story that are, together, completely engrossing.

I can't believe that I have already reached the end of my journey with Goldie, Toadspit and Bonnie. I wish I could hear an account of every day of their lives, because I'm sure each day would bring new mysteries and adventure
Miffy
Goldie and Toadspit are at it again - right in the thick of the intrigue and politics of the town of Jewel. After their trials in the City of Lies, Goldie and Toadspit return to Jewel to find that it, and the Museum of Dunt are, once again, under attack. The Museum is most upset, and it is taking all of Sinew, Olga Ciavolga and Herro Dan's skill to keep the contents of the museum from running amok in the streets of Jewel. Can the children devise a plan to save Jewel? And can they do it on their ...more
Justin
Mar 30, 2014 Justin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! I liked the part where Toadspit and the fugleman had a duel. the ending was also a surprise ending. I can't believe what happened to the fugleman!
Avalon
Aug 18, 2015 Avalon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Path of Beasts is an amazing ending to the Keepers trilogy. With the Blessed Guardians and the Mercenaries teamed up with the Fugleman fear reigns in Jewel. Goldie Roth with the Wolf-sark inside her gets the Idea of how they can overturn the Fugleman and his forces. With her Friends and the Museum of Dunt everything goes well until the Fugleman discovers who his hidden enemies are.
Lian Tanner did a great Job of bringing the Keepers trilogy to an end. The plot and the amazing characters bring t
Pocki
Nov 09, 2015 Pocki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This review is for the audiobook!
I usually don't make a distinction, cause book as book right? And I don't listen to that many audiobooks, even if I have really gotten into it the last couple of months (so good at airports!) But this series... oh man, I cannot rate it on story alone. I have listened to the first two books too, but it was ages ago. So well, first of all: you need to remember stuff from the previous book. I have it as an ebook so I looked up stuff that happened towards the end, wh
Tina
I love it when a story is so good that you are watching it in visuals in your mind as you read.
Finishing a book or series can often be better sweet...wanting to know what happens but not wanting it to end,
This ending however was wonderful and befitting and comfortable, which means it sits well and doesn't disappoint or dissatisfy.
The characters are magnificently strong with some amazing feminine and masculine role models, all very human, capable, soft, talented, surprising and when you really de
Aelvana
Oct 05, 2014 Aelvana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Goldie, Toadspit, and Bonnie have finally made it back to their hometown of Jewel. All of them have been changed by their time in Spoke, but Goldie most of all. The ancient Princess Frisia now lives within Goldie, and her battle-madness does as well. Such abilities can be very useful now that Jewel has been taken over by the Fugleman again . . . if Goldie doesn't go insane first.

I have a soft spot for both thieves and berserkers, and now that Goldie is struggling with multiple personalities, sh
Mark
Jun 07, 2014 Mark rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
The author, Lian Tanner, handed me the final instalment in The Keepers trilogy, Path of Beasts, to enjoy before the book’s release in October. And enjoy, I did. I’m not ashamed to say that like many millions of other ‘grown-ups” I waited patiently for the release of new titles about a certain bespectacled boy Wizard and waiting for new instalments of The Keepers has kept me similarly engaged. Tanner’s adult-heavy “Young Adult” trilogy started well in The Museum of Thieves, blossomed in fascinati ...more
Ms. Yingling
Dec 21, 2012 Ms. Yingling rated it liked it
Goldie, Bonnie and Toadspit are staggering back into Jewel after their escapades in City of Lies when they see Blessed Guardians dumping a sack in the canal... a sack which contains a barely alive Grand Protector. When they get back to the Museum of Dunt they find out that the Fogelman has taken over and is trying to bring the town of Jewel to its knees. Goldie, especially (having been imbued with the spirit of the ancient Merne Princess Frisia, who is very warlike!) is not okay with this, and s ...more
Storm
Feb 10, 2016 Storm rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, buy-these
Whoa :o

Seeing as this is the end of the series (NOOOOO!!!) Everything's gotta get wrapped up, but Oh Boy do things start unraveling faster, first!

Goldie and her crew gotta get back to Jewel, first of all, and then there's the small matter of the Fugleman and his schemes, along with about half a dozen other NEW problems!

There was one part that, even though I saw it coming, still totally blew me away. :o I wish there was another story in this world, I'd like to see what happens AFTER everything!
Brianna
The only reason this book didn't get five stars was that I found the end a bit anticlimactic. I felt that there was this whole deal about "oooh, the Beast Road!" But when (view spoiler)
Aside from that, a very enjoyable ending to the series!
Thoraiya
Mar 08, 2014 Thoraiya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Got sick of waiting for the library to get this and borrowed it from a friend...and it was SO GOOD. All the things I wanted to happen, happened, and other things besides, with delicious, delightful and hair-raising scenes bubbling up out of Tanner's brain just like the magical rooms and mythical creatures straining to escape from the Museum of Dunt. Read the books in order, would be my only caution with this fantastic series.
Laura Gilfillan
Back in Jewel, the Fugleman has employed some mercenaries to help him rule Jewel, and stage an attack on other cities. Goldie and friends do what they can to cause mayhem, but the situation gets worse, and when the museum is threatened, the wildness is about to break loose. Goldie must walk the path of beasts in order to save the day.
Nick
Jan 12, 2016 Nick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I really hate to dnf this book and give it a low rating. It's by no means a bad book. The characters are great and the story is intriguing. I personally just lost interest in the story and became very ambivalent towards it. So this is nothing against the book itself.
Sherrie
Path of Beasts is the final book in the Museum of Jewel series. Once again I chose the audio CD version for this final installment because Claudia Black gives a rousing performance of these adventures! In this volume Goldie, Toadspit and the other museum keepers are once again battling the notorious Fugelman and his diabolical minions. The fate of the Museum as well as that of the citizens of Jewel is in the Keepers hands. As with previous volumes there is plenty of action and lots of decadent w ...more
Robin
Satisfying conclusion to the Keepers Trilogy, which begins with Museum of Thieves. Goldie is such a likeable heroine and it's a strong cast of supporting characters - Toadspit and his sister Bonnie, Sinew, Herro Dan & Olga Chivolga, the museum's keepers, almost mythical creatures like Broo the bristlehound and Morg the slaughterbird, Mouse and Pounce from the second book, and the bad guy who just won't go away - the Fugleman. He seems to have the gift of talk from Hale's the Goose Girl. The ...more
Julia
Jul 21, 2015 Julia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adventure, action
Loved this series! kept my attention and made me want to read the third book which is unusual. Great writing, great characters!
Mayomouse
Here I am again. I've rated Museum of Thieves and City of Lies (is that what it's called?). And I'm back to rate Path of Beasts. And for the third time I'll say this was definitely likable. I have to say that this was quite a bang for an average "definitely likable" series like this one. A neat ending with all the loose ends tied in a pretty bow (cuz in school we learned that a good resolution "ties all loose ends together"). But of all three books I liked COL the best. Usually the middle book g ...more
Jessica
Jan 24, 2016 Jessica rated it really liked it
Great ending to the trilogy.
Robert
Dec 28, 2015 Robert rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It wasn't a very memorable book. The ending was rather a disappointment due to the resolution happening quickly and suddenly. I think it could have done much better.
Adam Wolf
Not bad!
Katie Spina
Apr 20, 2016 Katie Spina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-books, magic
An excellent end to the series. Phenomenal.
Sheila
Mar 06, 2014 Sheila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read2014, audiobook
I am SO SORRY to see this series end. It's imaginative and compelling. The worldbuilding is great and the characters are fully three-dimensional.

My only quibble with this book is a couple of plot points that I felt were clumsily telegraphed. But whatever.

And if you can do the audiobook version, I will say for the nth time that Claudia Black's narration is AMAZING. Whoever directed it should win an award.
Stephanie
Nov 08, 2012 Stephanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
The Audio book has a really overly dramatic narration but after I got used to it, it really helped carry the story along. This is the climatic final battle between the Fugleman and the Museum. It takes placed directly after the events of The City of Lies and ties up all the various plot lines introducted the the first two books of the series. I good conclusion to the series. I really enjoyed it.
Kaamla
Jun 09, 2014 Kaamla rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The last book in the keepers trilogy was so amazing! When I finished the book I felt like I lost something and was just so gripped to it. The ending made sense and I loved it so much. Toadspit is just such a great character and Goldie is too. This book made me nervous at times and I couldn't stop turning the pages. This is worth 5 stars and more people should read this book.
Connie Easlick
I am really glad this one ended as it did! This trilogy is really cool! I am not sure if kids age fifth and sixth grade will enjoy it, but I sure did. Some of it was kind of scary, but I think that age can handle it well, as long as they like this kind of book. It has adventure and mystery. It involves kids that do more than adults to get their city back. A very good read! :)
  • Song for a Scarlet Runner
  • The Mystery  (Troubletwisters, #3)
  • The Locket of Dreams
  • A Plague of Bogles (City of Orphans, #2)
  • The Starkin Crown
  • The Truth About Verity Sparks
  • Timothy and the Dragon's Gate (Alex and the Ironic Gentleman, #2)
  • Song of the Slums
  • Word of Honour (The Laws of Magic, #3)
  • The Red Wind (The Kingdom of the Lost #1)
  • Tales from the Half-Continent (Monster Blood Tattoo, #3.5)
  • The Bone Tiki (Aotearoa, #1)
  • Grimsdon
  • Borderlands (Chasing the Valley #2)
  • Unwanted
  • The Coming of the Whirlpool (Ship Kings, #1)
  • Crow Country
  • Oracle
Lian Tanner has been dynamited while scuba diving and arrested while busking. She once spent a week in the jungles of Papua New Guinea, hunting for a Japanese soldier left over from the Second World War. She likes secrets, old bones, and animals that are not what they seem. Nowadays she lives by the beach in southern Tasmania with her cat, Harry-le-beau, who has his own blog at vampiremice.wordpre ...more
More about Lian Tanner...

The Keepers Trilogy (3 books)
  • Museum of Thieves (The Keepers, #1)
  • City of Lies (The Keepers, #2)