Start by marking “The Iron Druid Chronicles Bundle: Hounded, Hexed, Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1-3)” as Want to Read:

The Iron Druid Chronicles Bundle: Hounded, Hexed, Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles #1-3)

4.56 of 5 stars 4.56  ·  rating details  ·  740 ratings  ·  46 reviews
With a sly blend of fantasy, humor, and paranormal adventure, Kevin Hearne is the trickster god of action-packed mash-ups. In The Iron Druid Chronicles, Atticus O’Sullivan is a folk hero for the twenty-first century, battling legendary beasts, shadowy mystics, and demonic demigods from around the world. Now get Hounded, Hexed, and Hammered all at once in this eBook bundle,...more
Published March 5th 2012 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Iron Druid Chronicles Bundle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Iron Druid Chronicles Bundle

OpenBookSociety.com
Review brought to you by OBS staff member Verushka

Beware of spoilers

The Iron Druid Chronicles is a series by author Kevin Hearne, and one of the very few I’ve found that has a male protagonist. I confess when I picked up this title, I was extremely tired of what has become the standard fare in the urban fantasy genre – female protagonist, clad (or almost) in leather, with a tattoo or weapon in hand on the cover, and more often than not a love interest that she may, or may not like. So, like Simo...more
Jason Kivela
I had seen these books pop up on the various YA/Supernatural book blogs I read and was always intrigued. Druids have always been one of my favorite magical beings. I used to have tons of research books on them when I was a kid and I always play a Druid in D&D or a Verbena in Mage.

So when my friend Gwen suggested them on twitter, it was enough to get me to pick them up. Plus Amazon had a bundle of the first three books and two shorts for $20. I wanted reading material for my business trip to...more
Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)
I absolutely love this series!! The characters and world that Mr. Hearne created are strong, fun, and complex. The books are so well-written that they just draw you in and you believe. The interactions between the characters feels so genuine and sometimes had me howling with laughter! I love Oberon (Atticus' Irish Wolfhound, with whom he can speak telepathically) and the widow next door. The author has a gift with dialogue, world, and character building that will take him a long way. I will defi...more
Jaclyn
I have only read the first two books of the series as of right now, but I am definitely going to move on to the next one! When I started reading Hounded, I wasn't quite sure if I was going to like it. I figured it was going to be just like any other fantasy novel, and I would get bored pretty quickly into the story.

I was completely wrong. Kevin Hearne has a way with words that draws you in almost immediately, and the characters he creates are so believable that you can't help but want to find ou...more
Ren
I made a very smart decision to buy all three books as a single volume! It was a marathon read and I had trouble putting it down .. and still had to race on to Books 4 and 4.5. A very satisfying universe of gods, magic, druids, werewolves, and even Jesus and Mary. In fact, besides the talking dog Oberon, Jesus had some of the funniest lines. What is truly amazing, though, is how well all the diverse elements hang together into a perfectly logical whole. I highly recommend this series!
Rayven
I have wanted to read the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne for quite a while, but with the large review list we have here at DarkissReads sometimes reading for pleasure vs. reviewing is hard to do. Darkiss has a habit of listening to audio books before bed and he purchased the first book in the series “Hounded” and I was jealous! I have wanted to read this for ages….So I broke down and agreed to listen to the audio book with him, and I LOVED it! I was hooked after the first chapter and I st...more
Dan
Three and a half stars for Hounded, and this review is for that book only (will update review after I read the other books). Delicious Urban Fantasy done exactly right: great characters (the dog steals the show), solid story, plenty of action (god-stomping action), and the kind of wit that had me chuckling on the bus. Hounded is one of the best series intro books I've read, and Hearne is a fast, fast writer which means that he'll keep your Jones fixed if you get into these. My only nitpick is th...more
Evan Scangas
Apr 29, 2012 Evan Scangas rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone late teens + for some content issues
Recommended to Evan by: goodreads list
Review to follow if I have some time

short version though - Really enjoyed this series so far, main character is someone I can relate to in terms of general outlook of life and enjoy the wit and banter of all the characters.
One downside so far is the overuse of the dog commentary which has made me think more than once "wish the dog would just shut the hell up"...yes the dog can 'talk'.

Telling my usual crew of readers to pick this one up and give it a read, betting they'll enjoy it like I have.

~E...more
Ginam Vickers
Hilarious and probably one of the best series I've read in a really long time. I actually named my dog Oberon because of the dog in the book. ( the Shakespearian reference was especially appealing!) if you want to read a series that is a laugh out loud funny and action book. This series is for you. The author does an excellent job of creating fascinating story lines while adding humor in serious matters. I highly recommend these books!
Denise
This is a great trilogy. A nice escape from reality but with excellent teaching of Norse mythology and the more realistic views of the gods instead of the Disney-fied versions we are used to. Really great senses of humor displayed by the various characters ( love Oberon!) it's just some great reading to relax and laugh out loud without feeling talked down to....
Margaret Francis
WE NEED MORE DRUIDS

Kevin Hearne writes in way that takes the reader right in and won't let go. Be prepared to let your chores slide because you will be committed to his books from the first chapter. I am not a diehard fantasy fan, but these books were recommended because of Oberon, the Irish wolf hound. However, I found Atticus, the vampire and the werewolves as enchanting as Oberon, It is also action packed and gory at times, but the humor keeps the stories from being focused on blood and guts....more
Jason Baris
This proves that urban fantasy can be both well written AND fun. Probably too many pop culture references to make these last long, but since they are fairly recent, it isn't a problem. If you kinda liked Dresden, but thought it would be nice for him to get off his moral high horse, maybe these books are for you.
Kimberly Cheeseman

I do Audible.com with the Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Series - Luke Daniels is the Narrator and does a FABULOUS JOB with Kevin's stories!!! I have listened or read ALL of these books and recommend them to EVERYONE!!!
They have MAGIC, Vamps, Were's, Witches, "the gods", Jesus and just about every race in them!!! It is exciting and sad and FUNNY!!! a PERFECT mix !!! This series is One of my top three Urban Fantasy Series EVER!!!!
Anthony Robbins
Been reading the Dresden Files and got caught up in the 14 book series so while I wated for another story I NEEDED another series to get sucked into.
I came across this 3-in-1 novel and thought 'what the heck'. I didn't take to it right away but I was slowly sucked into this story and the characters. Now I find myself thinking 'Oh my God, what's gonna happen next?'.... (pitiful). Because of my limited funds, and the stacks of unread books on my shelf, I have to wait and see.
Aleea J. Brewer
Good first read, need to read again

This is a new author for me. He introduces a lot of characters and I really don't want to commit to 5 stars until I have all of them straight in my mind. Once I understand those interactions, then the stories should be better.
Mathew Carruthers
Addictive

Addictive

Great intro to a highly entertaining urban fantasy series - the books are lightning paced, well plotted, and outrageously funny, but also deeply introspective. Well worth reading.
Crème Brûlée
Highly Entertaining

The first person perspective of these tales offer the reader an opportunity to truly appreciate Atticus as a three dimensional being. Chock full of adventure, humor and fantasy, this series has proven to be captivating. Once started, I couldn't put it down.
Summer
Love this series so far! Lighthearted quick reads
Michelle
This was honestly the best series I've read in a really, really long time. The characters, particularly Atticus, were fantastic. And it was so funny! Not to say there weren't serious parts, because there most certainly were (and several that may have brought me to tears unexpectedly) but it was all around just...brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

I can't wait for more!

Seriously, where are the rest?!
Jamie Griffiths
What a fantastic set of books. I think i've listened to it and read it about 15 or so times since I bought it early last year. Ive since convinced my wife to read it and she loves it aswell. The relationship between Atticus and Oberon is amazing and has convinced me that my next pup shall be named Oberon aswell. Not much more needed really just give the book a shot, its well worth it.
Edward
If you like urban fantasy, great humor and lots of adventure this book is a must read. (or these books since all three were bundled together) I thoroughly enjoyed it from the first page until the end. When I hit a point where I though 'he'll begin to be repetitious' I was pleasantly surprised to discover that never once was he. So grab it (them), read and enjoy.
Deborah
I enjoy this series. The third book dragged a little and I think the author overdid it with the pop culture references, but pulled it together in the end. Wow, what an ending!!! I've got Book 4 cued up and ready to go. If anyone is looking for an enjoyable series with good characters, this one is highly recommended.
Susan
Jan 15, 2014 Susan added it
Shelves: e-books, 2013
includes books 1-3 with their respective bundled bonus shorts
Barbara Ghylin
I really enjoyed this druid. All he is trying to do is the right thing by mother earth. The gods around him seem to think he needs to be destroyed because of the thing he knows how to do. He also has few secrets the gods don't anyone else to know. His dog is pretty funny too.
Rick Lasly
I was really impressed with the first thee books of the iron Druid series. The author does an excellent job of bringing magic to the modern world; weaving a tale of that borrows from all magic lore from the history of earth. I look forward to the next group!
Liz Porter
This is by far the best supernatural fantasy I have read. Not only is the plot compelling, but the knowledge and research is clear with regard to mythology and history. The author's sense of humor and irreverence is a high note throughout.
Aaron Byers
I rarely give five stars. These books are entertaining, enthralling, and fresh. They are clever, irreverent, and engaging. They aren't for everyone, but I can't get enough of this series. They don't get written fast enough!
Barbara Burnett
Fun series, especially for a native Phoenician. Love that I can actually visualize all of the locales in these books. Kind of makes me homesick though. But fun, light reads. Perfect for summer.
Patricia Gulley
Fairly interesting, with a lot of egos played down, TG, with silly stuff and ignorance. Unfortunately, it's same old, same old with ancient characters bringing no learned experience to situations.
Robert
fun in a "television show" way - everyone is beautiful and in their twenties, even when they are ancient gods. But hey, I've read worse and the pacing is excellent.
  • The Mercy Thompson Collection Books (Mercy Thompson, #1-5)
  • The Sandman Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • Between Light and Dark (W.I.T.C.H. Graphic Novels, #4)
  • The Dresden Files Collection 7-12
  • Duel Nature (Demon Accords #4)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 3
  • Small Shen
  • Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles: The Nixies Song, A Giant Problem, The Wyrm King  (Beyond the Spiderwick Chronicles, #1-3)
  • Age of Aztec
  • Death Note: Black Edition, Volume 6 (Death Note: Black Edition #6)
  • The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Omnibus
  • Along Came a Spider (Transplanted Tales, #3)
  • To Sail a Darkling Sea
  • Bleach (3-in-1 Edition), Vol. 1: Includes vols. 1, 2 & 3
  • The Power of Friendship (W.I.T.C.H. Graphic Novels, #1)
  • Appalachian Overthrow (Vampire Earth, #10)
  • The In Death Collection: Books 21-25
Kevin is the author of The Iron Druid Chronicles, an urban fantasy series published by Del Rey Books. The first six books of the series are now out as well as a novella that's book 4.5 and some other short works. The seventh book, SHATTERED, will be released June 17.
More about Kevin Hearne...
Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #2) Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3) Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4) Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5)

“May harmony find you" Atticus” 3 likes