Start by marking “Hounded, Hexed, Hammered - The Iron Druid Chronicles Bundle (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1-3)” as Want to Read:

Hounded, Hexed, Hammered - The Iron Druid Chronicles Bundle (The Iron Druid Chronicles #1-3)

4.53  ·  Rating Details ·  1,336 Ratings  ·  58 Reviews
With a sly blend of fantasy, humor, and paranormal adventure, Kevin Hearne is the trickster god of action-packed mash-ups. In The Iron Druid Chronicles, Atticus O’Sullivan is a folk hero for the twenty-first century, battling legendary beasts, shadowy mystics, and demonic demigods from around the world. Now get Hounded, Hexed, and Hammered all at once in this eBook bundle, ...more
Published March 5th 2012 by Del Rey (first published January 1st 2012)

Be the first to ask a question about Hounded, Hexed, Hammered - The Iron Druid Chronicles Bundle

OpenBookSociety.com
Mar 24, 2012 OpenBookSociety.com rated it it was amazing
Review brought to you by OBS staff member Verushka

Beware of spoilers

The Iron Druid Chronicles is a series by author Kevin Hearne, and one of the very few I’ve found that has a male protagonist. I confess when I picked up this title, I was extremely tired of what has become the standard fare in the urban fantasy genre – female protagonist, clad (or almost) in leather, with a tattoo or weapon in hand on the cover, and more often than not a love interest that she may, or may not like. So, like Simo
Jason Kivela
May 31, 2012 Jason Kivela rated it it was amazing
I had seen these books pop up on the various YA/Supernatural book blogs I read and was always intrigued. Druids have always been one of my favorite magical beings. I used to have tons of research books on them when I was a kid and I always play a Druid in D&D or a Verbena in Mage.

So when my friend Gwen suggested them on twitter, it was enough to get me to pick them up. Plus Amazon had a bundle of the first three books and two shorts for $20. I wanted reading material for my business trip to
Rayven
Mar 18, 2013 Rayven rated it it was amazing
I have wanted to read the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne for quite a while, but with the large review list we have here at DarkissReads sometimes reading for pleasure vs. reviewing is hard to do. Darkiss has a habit of listening to audio books before bed and he purchased the first book in the series “Hounded” and I was jealous! I have wanted to read this for ages….So I broke down and agreed to listen to the audio book with him, and I LOVED it! I was hooked after the first chapter and I st ...more
Star
Apr 08, 2012 Star rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series!! The characters and world that Mr. Hearne created are strong, fun, and complex. The books are so well-written that they just draw you in and you believe. The interactions between the characters feels so genuine and sometimes had me howling with laughter! I love Oberon (Atticus' Irish Wolfhound, with whom he can speak telepathically) and the widow next door. The author has a gift with dialogue, world, and character building that will take him a long way. I will defi ...more
Jaclyn
May 09, 2012 Jaclyn rated it it was amazing
I have only read the first two books of the series as of right now, but I am definitely going to move on to the next one! When I started reading Hounded, I wasn't quite sure if I was going to like it. I figured it was going to be just like any other fantasy novel, and I would get bored pretty quickly into the story.

I was completely wrong. Kevin Hearne has a way with words that draws you in almost immediately, and the characters he creates are so believable that you can't help but want to find ou
Ren
Oct 03, 2012 Ren rated it it was amazing
I made a very smart decision to buy all three books as a single volume! It was a marathon read and I had trouble putting it down .. and still had to race on to Books 4 and 4.5. A very satisfying universe of gods, magic, druids, werewolves, and even Jesus and Mary. In fact, besides the talking dog Oberon, Jesus had some of the funniest lines. What is truly amazing, though, is how well all the diverse elements hang together into a perfectly logical whole. I highly recommend this series!
Dan
Apr 16, 2012 Dan rated it really liked it
Three and a half stars for Hounded, and this review is for that book only (will update review after I read the other books). Delicious Urban Fantasy done exactly right: great characters (the dog steals the show), solid story, plenty of action (god-stomping action), and the kind of wit that had me chuckling on the bus. Hounded is one of the best series intro books I've read, and Hearne is a fast, fast writer which means that he'll keep your Jones fixed if you get into these. My only nitpick is th ...more
Evan Scangas
Apr 08, 2012 Evan Scangas rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone late teens + for some content issues
Recommended to Evan by: goodreads list
Review to follow if I have some time

short version though - Really enjoyed this series so far, main character is someone I can relate to in terms of general outlook of life and enjoy the wit and banter of all the characters.
One downside so far is the overuse of the dog commentary which has made me think more than once "wish the dog would just shut the hell up"...yes the dog can 'talk'.

Telling my usual crew of readers to pick this one up and give it a read, betting they'll enjoy it like I have.

~E
Ginam Vickers
Aug 09, 2012 Ginam Vickers rated it it was amazing
Hilarious and probably one of the best series I've read in a really long time. I actually named my dog Oberon because of the dog in the book. ( the Shakespearian reference was especially appealing!) if you want to read a series that is a laugh out loud funny and action book. This series is for you. The author does an excellent job of creating fascinating story lines while adding humor in serious matters. I highly recommend these books!
Jason Baris
This proves that urban fantasy can be both well written AND fun. Probably too many pop culture references to make these last long, but since they are fairly recent, it isn't a problem. If you kinda liked Dresden, but thought it would be nice for him to get off his moral high horse, maybe these books are for you.
Denise
Jun 12, 2012 Denise rated it it was amazing
This is a great trilogy. A nice escape from reality but with excellent teaching of Norse mythology and the more realistic views of the gods instead of the Disney-fied versions we are used to. Really great senses of humor displayed by the various characters ( love Oberon!) it's just some great reading to relax and laugh out loud without feeling talked down to....
Stacia
Overall rating: ★★★★

Hounded - ★★★★
A really great read! It put me in the mind of Jim Butcher's Dresden series, in that the protagonist is a male with a sarcastically dry wit and awesome magical power. Additionally, the side characters are a hoot (I love all of the dialogue protagonist Atticus O'Sullivan has with his faithful side-kick & companion, Irish wolfhound Oberon)! The cultural trappings (Irish culture, druidic magic and the fae) were all a draw for me. They made the read fresh and in
Feb 19, 2016 Laura rated it it was amazing
This series is now at the my top favorite series. The humor and wit that Mr. Hearne writes with is unbeatable. From the first page to the last of these three books I was completely hooked. Atticus O'Sullivan is a wonderful character. I'd have to say that is his Irish Wolfhound Oberon is my favorite character of the books. To be honest though I liked most of the charactors, even the charactors that were designed to be evil were fleshed out wonderfully. I found myself laughing out loud at quite a ...more
Kitvaria Sarene
LOVE THEM!
*tries to notch fangirling down a bit*

I do love Ireland. I do love dogs. I do think druids are very interesting. I do like celtic myths. I love funny dialogues and urban fantasy.

I'm pretty sure Kevin Hearne has wrote this one especially for me! ;)

Atticus is an extremely cool and likeable main character, whom I'd love to have as a best buddy. Oberon his wolfhound is pretty hilarious with his witty jokes - may they be intended, or by accident. The story is intriguing, and the pace keeps
Margaret Francis
WE NEED MORE DRUIDS

Kevin Hearne writes in way that takes the reader right in and won't let go. Be prepared to let your chores slide because you will be committed to his books from the first chapter. I am not a diehard fantasy fan, but these books were recommended because of Oberon, the Irish wolf hound. However, I found Atticus, the vampire and the werewolves as enchanting as Oberon, It is also action packed and gory at times, but the humor keeps the stories from being focused on blood and guts.
Heather
May 19, 2016 Heather rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Heather by: my dad
Shelves: fantasy
I really liked these 3 books. The story (or stories, since there were 3 books) flowed really well. I like the development of all the characters.

I read the whole thing in 2 days. I couldn't put it down. I loved all the different pantheons of gods and goddesses and 'heavens'. I knew most of them but I liked the spin on them that the author did.

I liked that he could have adventures and friends (of all sorts and species) without the need for a love interest. I could see things developing in the futu
John Tielemans
Jul 15, 2016 John Tielemans rated it really liked it
Hounded and Hexed were a pleasure to read. Good action, interesting characters and an enjoyable perspective on various religions and how they could interact. Hammered was a little disappointing, it just didn't hold my interest as strongly as the first two. The motives for the main story turn out to be nowhere near as interesting as I anticipated, leaving me feeling the plot was a little thin. This plot is crucial to the series so fits well, but it is not quite up to the standards Kevin has set i ...more
Michelle
Mar 20, 2013 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, mythology, humor
This was honestly the best series I've read in a really, really long time. The characters, particularly Atticus, were fantastic. And it was so funny! Not to say there weren't serious parts, because there most certainly were (and several that may have brought me to tears unexpectedly) but it was all around just...brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

I can't wait for more!

Seriously, where are the rest?!
Kimberly Cheeseman
Feb 09, 2014 Kimberly Cheeseman rated it it was amazing

I do Audible.com with the Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Series - Luke Daniels is the Narrator and does a FABULOUS JOB with Kevin's stories!!! I have listened or read ALL of these books and recommend them to EVERYONE!!!
They have MAGIC, Vamps, Were's, Witches, "the gods", Jesus and just about every race in them!!! It is exciting and sad and FUNNY!!! a PERFECT mix !!! This series is One of my top three Urban Fantasy Series EVER!!!!
Anthony Robbins
Jan 29, 2014 Anthony Robbins rated it really liked it
Been reading the Dresden Files and got caught up in the 14 book series so while I wated for another story I NEEDED another series to get sucked into.
I came across this 3-in-1 novel and thought 'what the heck'. I didn't take to it right away but I was slowly sucked into this story and the characters. Now I find myself thinking 'Oh my God, what's gonna happen next?'.... (pitiful). Because of my limited funds, and the stacks of unread books on my shelf, I have to wait and see.
Edward
Feb 01, 2013 Edward rated it it was amazing
If you like urban fantasy, great humor and lots of adventure this book is a must read. (or these books since all three were bundled together) I thoroughly enjoyed it from the first page until the end. When I hit a point where I though 'he'll begin to be repetitious' I was pleasantly surprised to discover that never once was he. So grab it (them), read and enjoy.
Jamie Griffiths
Nov 15, 2012 Jamie Griffiths rated it really liked it
What a fantastic set of books. I think i've listened to it and read it about 15 or so times since I bought it early last year. Ive since convinced my wife to read it and she loves it aswell. The relationship between Atticus and Oberon is amazing and has convinced me that my next pup shall be named Oberon aswell. Not much more needed really just give the book a shot, its well worth it.
Deborah
I enjoy this series. The third book dragged a little and I think the author overdid it with the pop culture references, but pulled it together in the end. Wow, what an ending!!! I've got Book 4 cued up and ready to go. If anyone is looking for an enjoyable series with good characters, this one is highly recommended.
Mathew Carruthers
Jul 25, 2014 Mathew Carruthers rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Addictive

Addictive

Great intro to a highly entertaining urban fantasy series - the books are lightning paced, well plotted, and outrageously funny, but also deeply introspective. Well worth reading.
Liz Porter
May 20, 2013 Liz Porter rated it it was amazing
This is by far the best supernatural fantasy I have read. Not only is the plot compelling, but the knowledge and research is clear with regard to mythology and history. The author's sense of humor and irreverence is a high note throughout.
Suzanne
Nov 27, 2015 Suzanne rated it really liked it
reading these again because i am desperate for some old comfortable friends. maybe i have been reading too many free books. reading free books is like looking for a handsome prince - you have to kiss a lot of frogs.
Crème Brûlée
Jul 05, 2014 Crème Brûlée rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Highly Entertaining

The first person perspective of these tales offer the reader an opportunity to truly appreciate Atticus as a three dimensional being. Chock full of adventure, humor and fantasy, this series has proven to be captivating. Once started, I couldn't put it down.
Aleea J. Brewer
Good first read, need to read again

This is a new author for me. He introduces a lot of characters and I really don't want to commit to 5 stars until I have all of them straight in my mind. Once I understand those interactions, then the stories should be better.
Rick Lasly
Mar 31, 2014 Rick Lasly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tales-of-magic
I was really impressed with the first thee books of the iron Druid series. The author does an excellent job of bringing magic to the modern world; weaving a tale of that borrows from all magic lore from the history of earth. I look forward to the next group!
Shawn
Blame

It's kinda weird that as old as he is he let's his self get sucked into all theses situations lately. I'm also surprised on. How he blames him self for other actions and machinations just because they were aimed at him
For Love of a Book: Iron Druid 23 34 May 05, 2017 06:02AM
  • Age of Godpunk: Collecting Age of Anansi, Age of Satan and Age of Gaia
  • Under Presure (W.I.T.C.H. Graphic Novels, #7)
  • Captain James Hook and the Curse of Peter Pan
  • Tarzan Series (Tarzan, #1-8)
  • Dragon Ball, Vol. 1 (Dragon Ball VIZBIG Edition, #1)
  • Kitty’s Zombie New Year
  • Appalachian Overthrow (Vampire Earth, #10)
  • Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, Vol. 01
  • Unicorn Western
  • The Sandman Omnibus, Vol. 2
  • The Mercy Thompson Collection Books (Mercy Thompson, #1-5)
  • Wizard Under Fire (The Dresden Files Omnibus, #4)
  • The Parasol Protectorate: Soulless, Blameless, and Changeless
Kevin is the NYT bestselling author of the Iron Druid Chronicles, as well as two forthcoming series: The Seven Kennings, an epic fantasy trilogy, and Tales of Pell, a fantasy series co-authored with Delilah S. Dawson. Books 1-8 of the Iron Druid Chronicles are out now; BESIEGED, a collection of new Iron Druid stories, will be out July 11; A PLAGUE OF GIANTS, the first book of The Seven Kennings, w ...more
More about Kevin Hearne...

The Iron Druid Chronicles (9 books)
  • Hounded (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #1)
  • Hexed (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #2)
  • Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3)
  • Tricked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #4)
  • Trapped (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #5)
  • Hunted (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #6)
  • Shattered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #7)
  • Staked (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #8)
  • Scourged (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #9)

“May harmony find you" Atticus” 5 likes