Start by marking “Stone of Tymora: Forgotten Realms” as Want to Read:
Stone of Tymora: Forgotten Realms
Preview

Stone of Tymora: Forgotten Realms (Stone of Tymora #1-3 omnibus)

4.04 of 5 stars 4.04  ·  rating details  ·  139 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Meet Maimun—an orphan who couldn't imagine how unfortunate it would be to discover a stone that makes him forever lucky. Fleeing a powerful demon named Asbeel, Maimun stows away aboard the ship Sea Sprite, where he encounters a cast of characters well-known to Salvatore fans: Captain Deudermont, Drizzt Do'Urden, Wulfgar, Catti-brie, and the dwarf Bruenor. Drizzt becomes a ...more
Published October 2nd 2012 by Wizards of the Coast (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Stone of Tymora, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stone of Tymora

Amy Sherman
It was interesting to realize how this story/book/character crossed paths with Drizzt and his crew in the books I have already read. With a younger character (and younger co-writer), the style is a little different than other RA Salvatore books, but it is still good.
Ryan
It didn't feel like a book in the Drizzt series, but more like a spin-off, which is what I expected anyway. Characters from that series, both major and minor, are sprinkled throughout this book (which is really a compilation of a YA trilogy of books).

It was well written and entertaining. I enjoyed the first-person perspective, which is not something that's been done in the Drizzt series at all (unless you count the journal entries by Drizzt himself scattered throughout the books).

All in all, I
Luingalad
the book is in three part the last part- The Sentinels is the best part, while book 2 The Shadowmask has bits that are interesting. Though book 1 The Stowaway is ok for it is interesting as the first book.
Svetlana
Giving it a three star right now. I can't seem to get into it; maybe because of the short chapters or why is Part I before Part II.

Update:

It will stay as a three star for three reasons. 1) The short chapters didn't help the pace of the book. 2) Why did Part I become before Part II and 3)the ending part with him telling the story is a bad cliff hanger

I sorry for this review, but I think I'm done with fiction reading or something is just up with me.
Timothy Pecoraro
The best thing about this book was the ending. The silly addition of Drizzt Do'Urden and his companions and the endless sea journeys really didn't do anything for me. Overall, the first person perspective and some of the character interaction between the main character and Joen were very good. But I have to say that this IS NOT R.A.Salvatore's best work. Not even his best work this year so far.
Donald Reynolds
This series was uniquely told from the first person perspective, the battles were detailed and intense, and it had the sweeping and epic feel of a Salvatore story. It had a clever and satisfying flash forward story woven throughout, and the Companions of the Hall made cameos that didn't overpower the plot. It was an enjoyable read!
Chris
The short chapters made it a difficult.
Trevor Martin
Trevor Martin marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Brian
Brian marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Richard Parker
Richard Parker marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Cody
Cody marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
s4nd
s4nd added it
Apr 02, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
Ash
Ash marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Jayne Pyle
Jayne Pyle marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Paul/Liz Parmentier
Paul/Liz Parmentier marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Will
Will marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Felicia
Felicia marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Okiriza Wibisono
Okiriza Wibisono marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
  • The God Catcher (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, #5)
  • City of the Dead (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, #4)
  • Mistshore (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, #2)
  • Downshadow (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep, #3)
  • Lies of Light (Forgotten Realms: Watercourse, #2)
  • Blackstaff Tower (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep #1)
  • Circle of Skulls (Forgotten Realms: Ed Greenwood Presents: Waterdeep, #6)
  • Realms of the Dead (Forgotten Realms: Anthologies, #13)
  • The Yellow Silk (Forgotten Realms: The Rogues, #4)
  • The Crystal Mountain (Forgotten Realms: The Empyrean Odyssey, #3)
  • The Fall of Highwatch (Chosen of Nendawen, #1) (Forgotten Realms)
  • The Godborn (The Sundering, #2)
  • Obsidian Ridge (Forgotten Realms: The Citadels, #2)
  • The Titan of Twilight (Forgotten Realms: Twilight Giants, #3)
  • The City of Ravens (Forgotten Realms: The Cities, #1)
  • The Wizardwar (Forgotten Realms: Counselors & Kings #3)
  • Maiden of Pain (Forgotten Realms: The Priests, #3)
As one of the fantasy genre’s most successful authors, R.A. Salvatore enjoys an ever-expanding and tremendously loyal following. His books regularly appear on The New York Times best-seller lists and have sold more than 10,000,000 copies. Salvatore’s most recent original hardcover, The Two Swords, Book III of The Hunter’s Blade Trilogy (October 2004) debuted at # 1 on The Wall Street Journal best- ...more
More about R.A. Salvatore...

Stone of Tymora (3 books)
  • The Stowaway (Forgotten Realms: Stone of Tymora, #1)
  • The Shadowmask (Forgotten Realms: Stone of Tymora, #2)
  • The Sentinels (Forgotten Realms: Stone of Tymora #3)
Homeland (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #1) Exile (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #2; Legend of Drizzt, #2) Sojourn (Forgotten Realms: The Dark Elf Trilogy, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #3) The Crystal Shard (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #1; Legend of Drizzt, #4) The Halfling's Gem (Forgotten Realms: Icewind Dale, #3; Legend of Drizzt, #6)