The Knights of Breton Court

The Knights of Breton Court

3.08 of 5 stars 3.08  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Wire meets Excalibur in this stunning urban fantasy.

From the drug gangs of downtown Indianapolis, the one true king will arise.

The King Arthur myth gets dramatically retold through the eyes of street hustler King, as he tries to unite the crack dealers, gangbangers and the monsters lurking within them to do the right thing.

From the drug gangs of downtown Indianapolis,...more
Published September 25th 2012 by Angry Robot (first published January 1st 2012)

Jaime
King Maker

the introduction to the story was good. We learn a bit about Luther (this version’s Uther), the neighborhood, and the changes and adjustments from the traditional Arthurian Legend. As the story starts, you may find it a bit slow, but I was still on board. Until the author used each new chapter to introduce new character’s. It got ridiculous. It was hard to keep track of who was who, what gang they belonged to (if any at all). If they believed in magic, if they were magical, or if they...more
Jefferson
An intriguing premise (the King Arthur story re-told as an urban gangster epic) is unfortunately marred by extremely amateurish and inconsistent writing. I had to give up after five chapters.
arjuna
OK, first off - quite apart from the book itself, there are several problems with this omnibus edition which could be very easily solved by a proofreader. Seriously. Typos, missing words, substitutions ("yes" for "eyes", etc)... just a little bit of attention before printing, folks, it makes a BIG difference. Very frustrating.

Onto the writing: sadly this series seems to be one of those great ideas let down by uncertainty of execution. On the plus side: excellent premise - and worth keeping/re-re...more
Lily
I love to read variations on the King Arthur story and I liked Broaddus' take very modern and interesting. I would have given it more stars but I felt the book had too much character development and not enough action. I really like character development but it was a little too much. I would like to read some more of his books though.
Phillip
I liked the concept of the Wire meets King Arthur but in many parts book was too disjointed to follow and you kind of know how it will end.
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2014
Evangelyne
Evangelyne marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Mieneke
Mieneke marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Sorcha O'Dowd
Sorcha O'Dowd marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2013
Tabitha the Pabkins
Tabitha the Pabkins marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2013
Steve Dempsey
Steve Dempsey marked it as to-read
Oct 03, 2013
Martin
Martin marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Richard Pulfer
Richard Pulfer marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2013
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2013
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
May 31, 2013
Nakia
Nakia marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2013
Omar
Omar is currently reading it
Mar 19, 2013
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2013
Lisa Price
Lisa Price marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2012
Richard Radgoski
Richard Radgoski marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2012
Jacklyn
Jacklyn marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2012
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2012
Dark Faith King Maker (Knights of Breton Court #1) King's Justice (Knights of Breton Court #2) Dark Faith: Invocations I Can Transform You