Start by marking “The Knights of Breton Court” as Want to Read:
The Knights of Breton Court

The Knights of Breton Court

2.89 of 5 stars 2.89  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The Wire meets Excalibur in this stunning urban fantasy.

From the drug gangs of downtown Indianapolis, the one true king will arise.

The King Arthur myth gets dramatically retold through the eyes of street hustler King, as he tries to unite the crack dealers, gangbangers and the monsters lurking within them to do the right thing.

From the drug gangs of downtown Indianapolis,
Published September 25th 2012 by Angry Robot (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Knights of Breton Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Knights of Breton Court

Jaime
King Maker

the introduction to the story was good. We learn a bit about Luther (this version’s Uther), the neighborhood, and the changes and adjustments from the traditional Arthurian Legend. As the story starts, you may find it a bit slow, but I was still on board. Until the author used each new chapter to introduce new character’s. It got ridiculous. It was hard to keep track of who was who, what gang they belonged to (if any at all). If they believed in magic, if they were magical, or if they
Jefferson
An intriguing premise (the King Arthur story re-told as an urban gangster epic) is unfortunately marred by extremely amateurish and inconsistent writing. I had to give up after five chapters.
arjuna
OK, first off - quite apart from the book itself, there are several problems with this omnibus edition which could be very easily solved by a proofreader. Seriously. Typos, missing words, substitutions ("yes" for "eyes", etc)... just a little bit of attention before printing, folks, it makes a BIG difference. Very frustrating.

Onto the writing: sadly this series seems to be one of those great ideas let down by uncertainty of execution. On the plus side: excellent premise - and worth keeping/re-re
Lily
I love to read variations on the King Arthur story and I liked Broaddus' take very modern and interesting. I would have given it more stars but I felt the book had too much character development and not enough action. I really like character development but it was a little too much. I would like to read some more of his books though.
Phillip
I liked the concept of the Wire meets King Arthur but in many parts book was too disjointed to follow and you kind of know how it will end.
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2015
Ale
Ale marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Mike Dunlea
Mike Dunlea marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Khristian
Khristian marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2015
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Emilie
Emilie marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Arthurian Lucre
Arthurian Lucre marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Strigine
Strigine marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Zan
Zan marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Emily
Emily is currently reading it
Feb 19, 2014
Evangelyne
Evangelyne marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Mieneke
Mieneke marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2013
Dark Faith King Maker (Knights of Breton Court #1) King's Justice (Knights of Breton Court #2) Dark Faith: Invocations I Can Transform You