Start by marking “Catherine the Inquisitor (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #1)” as Want to Read:
Catherine the Inquisitor (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #1)

Catherine the Inquisitor (The Six Lives of Henry VIII #1)

He killed his wives, broke from Catholicism and founded his own church. But history could have been quite different for Henry the VIII, as author Leigh Jenkins proves in this alternative history series, if only one key moment had changed in each of his marriages.
The first book of the series, Catherine the Inquisitor, explores how life would have been different if Henry and
Published 2011 by Amazon DS

To ask other readers questions about Catherine the Inquisitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catherine the Inquisitor

Misfit
I yield at 50%. Boring as bat-shite, nothing happens ever. In this version Henry and Catherine have a son that lives to adulthood and (view spoiler). That's about as far as I got until I started nodding off for the umpteenth time.
Erin
Aug 04, 2012 Erin rated it did not like it
Find this and other reviews at: http://flashlightcommentary.blogspot....

Eventually I'm going to have to start heeding the warnings of other readers or I'm going to straight up lose all semblance of sanity. Despite plenty of warnings, I attempted Leigh Jenkins' Catherine the Inquisitor. The end result? Well, I spent an entire evening telling myself that opening a review with the line 'fuck wank bugger shitting arse head and hole' isn't constructive even if it does describe my reading experience.

B
Ella Belakovska
Jul 31, 2012 Ella Belakovska rated it it was ok
Anyone interested in this part of history must have wondered 'what if?' and it's a great idea for a novel. Alas, I felt that the character of Henry was untrue to the representations usually associated with him, and he seemed easily influenced by those closest to him, in particular Catherine.

It really didn't seem that much of anything happened once we got past the birth and survival of young Henry. By 50% it be and a chore to read and I only completed it because it was short enough to get throug
Fenwyck
Jul 11, 2012 Fenwyck rated it really liked it
Interesting first volume of a set dealing with alternative history of the Tudor wives. I really enjoyed this first one about Catherine of Aragon. It was totally believable and really led to more questions.
Trixie Mcbimbo
Leigh Jenkins is a "alternate reality historical fiction" writer and the author of the "Six Lives of Henry VIII" series. It is narrated by Henry, which is why I gave this, the first volume in the series a try. I have only read one other alternate reality novel about Henry's court, "Had the Queen Lived", which is obviously about what would have happened had Anne not miscarried the son she and Henry conceived. It is written very much like a non-fiction text book, and much more detailed than this b ...more
Bridgett
Feb 20, 2014 Bridgett rated it really liked it
My thoughts --

When I purchased this book for my kindle on Amazon, I really didn't expect to like this book all that well. I was thinking that any book that costs $1.99 and didn't come in paperback, couldn't possibly be a very good book. But to my complete surprise, I really liked it!

I thought that it was a clever book. I thoroughly enjoyed princess Mary's character in the book, and was relieved to see her cast as a warmer, spirited young girl who loved her father.

It was quite different to see Qu
Jess
Oct 10, 2012 Jess rated it really liked it
Martina Taliano
Jul 22, 2012 Martina Taliano rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I often catch myself thinking 'what if' and although things happened in this book that I hadn't imagined in my own 'what if' scenarios, that's what's great about not just living in my own head! Great for people interested in history and other possibilities.
Yes there are historical inaccuracies "King Louise of France" but maybe this is meant a bit tongue in cheek as well as possibly s typo?! If you can move past those things, you will enjoy it.
Doug
Mar 01, 2015 Doug rated it liked it
interesting, if not always compelling, alternate Tudor history tale. sometimes felt like Jenkins was more ingested in showing off research than telling a story, but I still had some credibility problems. Narrator Henry's voice convinced me, but he's a bit dry.
Rio (Lynne)
For those of us who read and laughed at her Henry VIII and His Zombie Army, today at Amazon for free is another nutty story...this time about Catherine. Hey, we all need a laugh!
Jo-anne
Jun 15, 2014 Jo-anne rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, kindle
Not quite what I expected but as this is an alternative timeline some of the story is plausible. Definitely not how I would have pictured things to have happened.
Rachel (Vega)
Dec 27, 2012 Rachel (Vega) rated it really liked it
It had a really sudden ending that left me a bit confused about a couple things, but otherwise, I couldn't put it down!
K Leith
Oct 14, 2012 K Leith rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed this alternative look at the life of henry VIII
Charlene Vickers
Jun 30, 2013 Charlene Vickers rated it really liked it
Plausible and well-written.
Rupa Joshi
Aug 19, 2013 Rupa Joshi rated it liked it
A very good read, read it quite quickly....really like the way we are shown the what ifs of well known tudor history!

Loved it!!!
Rhonda
Rhonda rated it liked it
Aug 09, 2012
Samantha
Samantha rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Kandace
Kandace rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Leila Short
Leila Short rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2014
BRENDA HUMPHRIES
BRENDA HUMPHRIES rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Sep 27, 2012
Tessa Schussler
Tessa Schussler rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2017
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Oct 09, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Cassie
Cassie rated it it was amazing
Apr 05, 2012
D. Lynn
D. Lynn rated it liked it
Apr 12, 2012
Marybeth Jones
Marybeth Jones rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
Dawn
Dawn rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2012
JoAnn
JoAnn rated it liked it
Jul 01, 2014
Constance Faulk
Constance Faulk rated it it was amazing
Mar 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • You Wish...
  • Restoration (The World House #2)
  • Dark Angel
  • The Powder Treason
  • Blood Royal
  • The Winter Queen (Tudor Queens, #1)
  • Blood Sisters
  • The Queen's Favourite
  • The Hostage Queen
  • The Swarm
  • The White Hawk: Revenge (The White Hawk, #1)
  • A Rose for Lancaster
  • The Fall of Anne Boleyn: A Countdown
  • Pharaoh's Son
  • One O'Clock Jump: A Dorie Lennox Mystery
  • Lost London: An A-Z of Forgotten Landmarks and Lost Traditions
  • Bobby's Boy
  • A Borgia Daughter Dies
Leigh Jenkins was born in Charlotte, NC and grew up with a love of history, particularly for the American Revolution. It wasn't until she visited England as a teenager that she discovered her love of Tudor history, particularly a fascianation with King Henry the VIII. Jenkins other love is Disney, she works as a travel writer and consultant for Walt Disney World with Kids and visits the parks as o ...more
More about Leigh Jenkins...

The Six Lives of Henry VIII (3 books)
  • Anne the Saint (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #2)
  • Jane the Confidant (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #3)