Start by marking “Catherine the Inquisitor (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #1)” as Want to Read:
Catherine the Inquisitor (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #1)

Catherine the Inquisitor (The Six Lives of Henry VIII #1)

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  77 ratings  ·  15 reviews
He killed his wives, broke from Catholicism and founded his own church. But history could have been quite different for Henry the VIII, as author Leigh Jenkins proves in this alternative history series, if only one key moment had changed in each of his marriages.
The first book of the series, Catherine the Inquisitor, explores how life would have been different if Henry and
Published 2011 by Amazon DS

To ask other readers questions about Catherine the Inquisitor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catherine the Inquisitor

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-SmithAbraham Lincoln by Seth Grahame-SmithSense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters by Ben H. WintersPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Steve HockensmithJane Slayre by Sherri Browning Erwin
The Monster Mash
112th out of 118 books — 349 voters
The Da Vinci Code by Dan BrownFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesMockingjay by Suzanne CollinsMadame Bovary by Gustave FlaubertThe Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Books I Wish I Had Never Started
97th out of 117 books — 39 voters

More lists with this book...

Misfit
I yield at 50%. Boring as bat-shite, nothing happens ever. In this version Henry and Catherine have a son that lives to adulthood and (view spoiler). That's about as far as I got until I started nodding off for the umpteenth time.
Erin
Find the enhanced version of this and other reviews at: http://flashlightcommentary.blogspot....

Eventually I'm going to have to start heeding the warnings of my fellow readers or else risk loosing my sanity. Had I done so here I wouldn't have attempted Leigh Jenkins' Catherine the Inquisitor or spent an entire evening telling myself that opening a review with the line 'fuck wank bugger shitting arse head and hole' isn't exactly constructive even if it does describe my reading experience.

By the
Ella Belakovska
Anyone interested in this part of history must have wondered 'what if?' and it's a great idea for a novel. Alas, I felt that the character of Henry was untrue to the representations usually associated with him, and he seemed easily influenced by those closest to him, in particular Catherine.

It really didn't seem that much of anything happened once we got past the birth and survival of young Henry. By 50% it be and a chore to read and I only completed it because it was short enough to get throug
Bridgett
My thoughts --

When I purchased this book for my kindle on Amazon, I really didn't expect to like this book all that well. I was thinking that any book that costs $1.99 and didn't come in paperback, couldn't possibly be a very good book. But to my complete surprise, I really liked it!

I thought that it was a clever book. I thoroughly enjoyed princess Mary's character in the book, and was relieved to see her cast as a warmer, spirited young girl who loved her father.

It was quite different to see Qu
Trixie Mcbimbo
Leigh Jenkins is a "alternate reality historical fiction" writer and the author of the "Six Lives of Henry VIII" series. It is narrated by Henry, which is why I gave this, the first volume in the series a try. I have only read one other alternate reality novel about Henry's court, "Had the Queen Lived", which is obviously about what would have happened had Anne not miscarried the son she and Henry conceived. It is written very much like a non-fiction text book, and much more detailed than this b ...more
Fenwyck
Interesting first volume of a set dealing with alternative history of the Tudor wives. I really enjoyed this first one about Catherine of Aragon. It was totally believable and really led to more questions.
Jess
Doug
interesting, if not always compelling, alternate Tudor history tale. sometimes felt like Jenkins was more ingested in showing off research than telling a story, but I still had some credibility problems. Narrator Henry's voice convinced me, but he's a bit dry.
Martina Taliano
Loved it! I often catch myself thinking 'what if' and although things happened in this book that I hadn't imagined in my own 'what if' scenarios, that's what's great about not just living in my own head! Great for people interested in history and other possibilities.
Yes there are historical inaccuracies "King Louise of France" but maybe this is meant a bit tongue in cheek as well as possibly s typo?! If you can move past those things, you will enjoy it.
Rio (Lynne)
For those of us who read and laughed at her Henry VIII and His Zombie Army, today at Amazon for free is another nutty story...this time about Catherine. Hey, we all need a laugh!
Jo-anne
Not quite what I expected but as this is an alternative timeline some of the story is plausible. Definitely not how I would have pictured things to have happened.
Rupa Joshi
A very good read, read it quite quickly....really like the way we are shown the what ifs of well known tudor history!

Loved it!!!
Rachel Vega
It had a really sudden ending that left me a bit confused about a couple things, but otherwise, I couldn't put it down!
K Leith
Enjoyed this alternative look at the life of henry VIII
Charlene Vickers
Plausible and well-written.
Michelle Gilbert
Michelle Gilbert marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Alina Radu
Alina Radu marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Deana
Deana marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Susan
Susan added it
May 07, 2015
Aline
Aline marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
Gretchen
Gretchen marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Tammy
Tammy added it
Mar 27, 2015
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2015
Nic
Nic marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Leigh Jenkins was born in Charlotte, NC and grew up with a love of history, particularly for the American Revolution. It wasn't until she visited England as a teenager that she discovered her love of Tudor history, particularly a fascianation with King Henry the VIII. Jenkins other love is Disney, she works as a travel writer and consultant for Walt Disney World with Kids and visits the parks as o ...more
More about Leigh Jenkins...

The Six Lives of Henry VIII (3 books)
  • Anne the Saint (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #2)
  • Jane the Confidant (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #3)
Anne the Saint (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #2) Jane the Confidant (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII #3) Anne the Warrior (The Six Lives of Henry the VIII Book 4) Henry the VIII and the Zombie Army Einstein Fellows: Best Practices in Stem Education