Start by marking “Start a Freedom Business” as Want to Read:
Start a Freedom Business

Start a Freedom Business

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  165 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Start a Freedom Business is a collection of practical tips and information by serial entrepreneur and full time traveler, Colin Wright.

This book is intended to help aspiring entrepreneurs build businesses that they can be proud of and profit from, while also avoiding the startup trap that many young business people fall prey to, which leads them to exchange a good portion
Published 2011 by Colin G Wright

To ask other readers questions about Start a Freedom Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Start a Freedom Business

Andy Beal
As someone that runs many "Freedom" businesses, I was excited to read this book. Unfortunately, I became too distracted by the many typos and grammatical errors. If the errors are corrected in a future edition, I'd add another star to my rating.

Putting grammatical errors aside, this would be a good primer for anyone interested in starting a web based business. If writing, blogging, consulting, or designing are your strengths, this book will give you ideas for starting a business you can run from
Gabriela
This book hinges on how to start and run a business without exchanging your life to make more money

Colin Wright's 'Start a Freedom Business' is a simple guide to help those who aspire to build an easy to manage business. The book primarily hinges on how to start and run a business without exchanging your life to make more money. On the contrary, the book advocates for using the online platform to create a business and a living that will free up your time.

The book covers several topics that inclu
Paris Marx
This book gives a good overview of the how to start your own freedom business, why you should, and the different types you could pursue. The information provided is quite basic, though Colin does expand on a few key areas, which I'm sure some readers will appreciate.

I had few complaints about the book, but I can see some finding the book a little too broad and simplistic. I also was a little confused at the structure near the end where interviews started appearing at the end of chapters, without
Byron
Here's an idea: stop working for the man and start a freedom business. You should consider starting your own business anyway, because where else are you going to work? But you don't want to start a business that's like having another job - maybe even worse, because you can't just clock out at five and assume someone will pick up where you left off. Start a Freedom Business describes businesses you can start that allow you plenty of free time to pursue your other interests. Like a tasty meal from ...more
Bonnie Florek
Lots of helpful information

This book has a lot of helpful information and very doable ideas for success. I look forward to getting started so I can do some traveling too.
Alberto Fav
Overall a disappointment, but at least it was cheap. I would recommend it only to anyone absolutely new in the field of entrepreneurship. Not many actionable suggestions, very light on how to come up with new, profitable ideas (this is a common thread of all the books like this, apparently).
Ignas
The book is so so... There are nice tips, but this is not the book which will give you deep understanding of the business or will give some very rare and useful tips. In general yes - it gives overview and for the beginner - maybe it is a good place to start. But if you read some other similar books - will be mostly waste of time. Colin is a great guy and writes in a easy to read style, but I do miss more detailed info in the books.
Sara Frandina
Enjoyed reading this e-book, as I typically do with anything by Colin Wright. Inspiring and at times thought-provoking. Read it in bits and pieces, which could be the reason I'm not overwhelmed with excitement about it, but certainly worth the read. Very much looking forward to his other books. Do wish this one had gone through another round of editing...
Hayley Swinson
Absolutely worth the 99 cents. Quick read, interesting interviews with successful start ups and plenty of good resources for people just getting started on a freedom business.
Alex
Very practical. Very down-to-earth. Very direct. Perfect as a basic starting guide to a freedom business or business in general.
Raphael Dourado
Good intro material for someone who wants to get to know about these kind of "Freedom Business", and don't know much about business as a whole. Also liked the first part of the book, which is inspiring.
Jessica
Good overview of self employment that's non-location specific and basic ideas to get started. Not a step by step guide, but plenty to get you started on your research.
Denise Wy
Very helpful and inspiring. Been wanting to start my own Freedom Business ever since I started reading about lifestyle design, and this one helps a lot.
Brandon
I am not sure why I keep reading "business" books by people who have been in business a shorter amount of time that they were in high school and college.
Mark Johnson
Short, encouraging, useful.

An expedient read and worthwhile especially as a catalyst for further reading into entrepreneurship.
Alex Rodriguez
Lots of ideas, but I like how I can go back and use as a guide for helping me out.
Dumitru
awesome book :) thank you Colin for the ideas and inspiration)
Bryan
Simple and well written.
Susan Colleen Crawford
Susan Colleen Crawford marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Italo André
Italo André marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Justin Long
Justin Long marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Life Nomadic: How to Travel the World for Less Than You Pay in Rent
  • 279 Days to Overnight Success: An Unconventional Journey to Full-Time Writing
  • Best Foot Forward
  • I Have Iraq in My Shoe: Misadventures of a Soldier of Fashion
  • The Toilet Paper Entrepreneur: The Tell-It-Like-It-Is Guide to Cleaning Up in Business, Even If You Are at the End of Your Roll
  • In Defence of Dogs
  • Click Millionaires: Work Less, Live More with an Internet Business You Love
  • The Laptop Millionaire
  • The Suitcase Entrepreneur
  • Better Than College: How to Build a Successful Life Without a Four-Year Degree
  • How to Stop Acting
  • Start Your Own Business: The Only Book You'll Ever Need
  • Repeatability: Build Enduring Businesses for a World of Constant Change
  • The Lazy Tour Of Two Idle Apprentices
  • The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime!
  • Disobey
  • Triple Threat
  • Play It Away: A Workaholic's Cure for Anxiety
How to Travel Full Time My Exile Lifestyle Act Accordingly How to be Remarkable Iceland India Interstate

“all you need to know in order to be a consultant is more than the person you’re consulting with.” 0 likes
“Most people who run Freedom Businesses do so in order to achieve (or get closer to achieving) their ideal lifestyle, myself included. I wanted to be financially secure, location independent, well-connected, and in a position to be constantly trying and learning new things.” 0 likes