Start by marking “Sociologie” as Want to Read:
Sociologie

Sociologie

Zajímavá knížka z nakladatelství Portál, která přiblížila sociologii velkému množství čtenářů formou komiksu. Autorem významné části díla - grafiky - byl Borin van Loon. Knížka zmapovala vývoj sociologie jako oboru od osvícenství, přes pionýrské práce Comta a osobnost Marxe, Spencera, Durkheima a Webera. Najdete v ní odkazy na anglosaskou sociologii 20. století, základní v ...more
Paperback, First edition, 184 pages
Published 2002 by Portál (first published October 12th 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Sociologie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sociologie

ievabach
Oct 08, 2013 ievabach rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very entertaining begginer's text into sociology. I am truly a beginner on the subject, but I feel I gained some knowledge and have some important starting points (well, as books suggests, if Baudrillard is right, sociology can pack up and go home. And I really want to look into Baudrillard more, but maybe that's not the right start? ) . Maybe they could have added more comment on the most important sociologist works and people, but I got a good overview in general. Also, it is written from a ...more
Tom
Oct 15, 2014 Tom rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good introduction to the major theories of sociology and the problems that it faces. I wouldn't say this is for a total beginner since you need to know a bit about the social sciences in general but otherwise worth getting hold of.
Marie Smith
More confused about Sociology than I was prior to reading this book. Fragmentated, jumping from one fact to another, it is more than likely suited to someone with at least at little knowledge of the subject matter. I could relate a little to the 'underclass' or 'unemployed' but possibly due to the fact this is an extensive feature of today's society.
Kiberius
A brief, and quite comical, intorduction to Sociology, with very appealing illustrations. A useful reference to explore theories and sociologists further.
Choong Chiat
This book, by approaching the study of sociology chronologically and thematically, provides a basic, if not superficial, introduction to the subject.

To those who are already acquainted with the subject of sociology, this book would thus perhaps not gain anything new from this book.

But for those totally unfamiliar with the subject of sociology, this book would perhaps provide a good starting point to understand and learn more about this broad and complex field of study.
Rose
Fragmented, bitty, and unilluminating. It bounces around and is hard to follow unless you are already familiar with the main elements of sociology. The graphics are unenlightening clipart - a man with a penis for a head having dinner, with a woman at the table commenting that she never liked Richard Head, doesn't add greatly to my understanding of sociology.
gramakri
Mar 25, 2013 gramakri rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
While this book may be OK as a quick brush up on certain concepts and topics, I don't consider it as a good introduction to Sociology. There may be better books in the market.
Read more about this book at
Joachim
Sep 07, 2015 Joachim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction, comic
The book delivered on what it promissed: a quick, informative, and snappy introduction to sociology. Deducted one star for a lack of epistemic backdrop: what is meant by an explanation in sociology; can a sociological theory be wrong, and how would one go about showing that, etc.
Răzvan Coloja
Jan 29, 2014 Răzvan Coloja rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sociologie în formă concentrată, prezentată sub formă de bandă desenată cu vagi încercări umoristice a căror traducere lasă de dorit. Ideală pentru cei care vor să afle cât mai multe despre sociologie într-un timp cât mai scurt.
Morgan
Mar 11, 2008 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
Well, the book (believe it or not) deals with introductory sociology. I quite enjoyed it. It was easy to understand, but still offered some intellectual challenges if you really wanted to get into the material.
atiya
Aug 25, 2007 atiya rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sure my Soc Theory professor borrowed from this book. It outlines the history of Sociology in a concise and easiy accessible way. The dry humor is great, too.
Timothy
One of the better introducing books I've read - perhaps its greatest success is that it actually made me excited about studying sociology!
Laleh
Dec 11, 2015 Laleh rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sociology
به جز چند اشکال چاپی، در کل، کتاب خواندنی است. البته زیادی مختصر است و صرفن برای قلقلک دادن ذهن خوب است.
Anne
Oct 11, 2008 Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is an introduction to sociology as a discipline in graphic novel format. I enjoyed the format.
Kifayat
Kifayat marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2016
Adhar ILyass
Adhar ILyass marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2016
mjchown
mjchown marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
Mistero'malley
Mistero'malley marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Sarah Sorcha
Sarah Sorcha marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Moss
Moss added it
Jul 26, 2016
Levi
Levi marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
Byron
Byron marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2016
Alex Hutchinson
Alex Hutchinson rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2016
Joshua Morgan
Joshua Morgan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Narraxus
Narraxus rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
Yonatan Tadesse
Yonatan Tadesse marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2016
Flyingbroom
Flyingbroom rated it it was ok
Aug 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Introducing Cultural Studies
  • Introducing Semiotics
  • Introducing Anthropology (Introducing)
  • Introducing Postmodernism
  • Introducing Modernism
  • Introducing Linguistics
  • Introducing Critical Theory
  • Introducing Genetics, New Edition (Introducing (Icon))
  • Introducing Mind & Brain
  • Introducing Evolutionary Psychology
  • Psychology: A Graphic Guide to Your Mind & Behaviour
  • Introducing Chomsky
  • أقدم لك الفلسفة
  • Introducing Stephen Hawking
  • Introducing Consciousness (Introducing... S.)
  • Introducing Capitalism: A Graphic Guide
  • Introducing Sartre (Introducing)
  • Introducing Marquis De Sade