Start by marking “Great from the Start: How Conscious Corporations Attract Success” as Want to Read:
Great from the Start: How Conscious Corporations Attract Success

Great from the Start: How Conscious Corporations Attract Success

Great from the Start not only prepares entrepreneurs for success in the prevailing economic paradigm where the corporation exists solely to maximize profits for shareholders as well as such business classics as Built to Last, The Art of the Start and The Lean Startup, but also shows you how to design your business for success in the emerging economic paradigm in which ...more
Published by Morgan James Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Great from the Start, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great from the Start

Samantha Parola
Jul 12, 2016 Samantha Parola rated it really liked it
This book asks all of the right questions when it comes to starting a business. Even better, is that it gives examples of how different types of businesses should answer said questions! This has been a lifesaver for my studio
Dan
Sep 27, 2012 Dan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business
I can't claim to be the ideal reviewer for this book. I don't need funding for the next billion dollar idea. Nor am I trying to start a non-profit to serve my community. I'm not even looking to open a mom and pop shop on the corner. But I still found "Great From the Start" to be a fascinating read. If you hope to accomplish any of the above mentioned activities, you will find this book invaluable.

Over the course of 23 chapters, John Montgomery plots the course to starting a great company -- and
Jason Lewis
Nov 07, 2012 Jason Lewis rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-won
Great From the Start gives a straightfoward approach on how to move fast up the ladder of success through leadership and decisionmaking as a reputable head of any company or group of people. I feel in reading this book it is a jump start with no warm up on moving into a growing business.

From my experience in the field of business, there are four major hurdles: expanding from going solo or family, then having more than one location, later going out of state or nationally, and finally going inter
Ejar3-2012
Jun 10, 2012 Ejar3-2012 rated it it was amazing
I appreciate the straightforward manner in which the author, John B. Montgomery, presents the material in his book "Great from the Start". His personal success, and his experiences with other successful people, really set the context for his message. The author challenges the belief that companies must focus on maximizing profits in order to be successful. He demonstrates that consciously working toward a broader purpose is a common theme in successful companies, and he provides specific ...more
Kathy Russo
Apr 16, 2014 Kathy Russo rated it really liked it
John B. Montgomery's Great from the Start book is an absolutely excellent piece of work for anyone aspiring to get their foot in the infamous Silicon Valley or even a start-up in general!
Any current or future Life-hackers that wants to find their way in Silicon Valley must read Montgomery's work!

A copy of the book was provided via Goodreads Firstreads in return for an honest review.
LAWonder10
Sep 02, 2012 LAWonder10 rated it really liked it
A great book on starting a successful corporation.
Many easily understood and terrific ideas are given.
This is a book one needs to keep and refer to often
not only in regards to creating a new corporation but
in working with people in general to stir enthusiasm and
commitment.
I won this in a giveaway and thank the author and publisher
for offering this tremendous book in becoming successful.
It is one I will personally keep and refer to often.
Robert E.
May 09, 2012 Robert E. rated it really liked it
The book has a tremendous amount of great information. The best part of each chapter are the quotes that start each chapter and the Summary and the call to action at the end of the chapter. Some of the reading is a little dry and could be condensed. Overall, I enjoyed the book. Being a CPA, it has some very good points to consider for start ups. I will recommend it to clients who are starting a business.
Sweetpea
Apr 11, 2015 Sweetpea rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the Goodreads First Reads program in exchange for an honest review. Loaded with good tips and advice, this is a great book for anyone looking to start a successful business.
Estee
Sep 08, 2013 Estee rated it liked it
superficial AND well-meaning in equal measure. some GREAT historical perspective. a glaring lack of women's voices. hope its just the first step on John's path to helping shift the corporate paradigm, a couple companies at a time.
Zoe
May 05, 2012 Zoe rated it it was amazing
A great book for any business big or small. A must have for those just starting out. Thank you for a speedy delivery.
Xoxo,
Goodreads winner
Cassandra D
May 06, 2012 Cassandra D rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This book is jam-packed with all of the necessary wisdom needed on starting and managing a successful business. A must read for every aspiring entrepreneur!
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Apr 30, 2012
Darcy
Darcy rated it really liked it
May 29, 2012
William Keyser
William Keyser rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2014
David Bell-gam
David Bell-gam rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Tom Smith
Tom Smith rated it really liked it
May 28, 2012
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Mar 28, 2015
Ben
Ben rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2013
Icia
May 06, 2012 Icia rated it really liked it
This book is full of good tips that I plan on putting to use when I open my own buissness one day
Pauline
Pauline rated it liked it
Apr 30, 2012
Jake Hurst
Jake Hurst rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2014
Jacqueline Laforga
Jacqueline Laforga rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2013
Mark Langford
Mark Langford rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Wadi Bardawil
Wadi Bardawil rated it it was amazing
Jan 21, 2013
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2012
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2012
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2012
Jessica Buike
Jessica Buike marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2012
Joanne
Joanne marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2012
Jill Hardy
Jill Hardy marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2012
Amber Dickens
Amber Dickens marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Ellemae
Ellemae marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
David
David marked it as to-read
Ryan Williams
Ryan Williams marked it as to-read
Natalie
Natalie marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2012
Colee B
Colee B marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2012
Jd Guinn
Jd Guinn marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2012
Lisa Valentine
Lisa Valentine marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2012
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2012
Frank
Frank marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2012
Adele
Adele marked it as to-read
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Mailo
Mailo marked it as to-read
Tallulah A. Scribbles
Tallulah A. Scribbles marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Sandy Hunter
Sandy Hunter marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2012
Janet Plathe
Janet Plathe marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2012
Shannon Baas
Shannon Baas marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2012
John Watson
John Watson marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2012
  • Pure Love, Pure Life: Exploring God's Heart on Purity
  • Spoonful
  • The Pope & the CEO: John Paul II's Leadership Lessons to a Young Swiss Guard
  • The Catholic Bible Concordance for the Revised Standard Version
  • Pinched: How the Great Recession Has Narrowed Our Futures and What We Can Do About It
  • Evel Knievel Days
  • The Tyranny of Clichés: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas
  • Nine Lives
  • All the Right Stuff
  • Render Unto Caesar: Serving the Nation by Living our Catholic Beliefs in Political Life
  • Interrupted: Life Beyond Words