Start by marking “My Daddy Snores” as Want to Read:
My Daddy Snores

My Daddy Snores

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  16 reviews
A comical look at how one family deals with a dad's snoring problem.

When Daddy snores, the walls shake and the floor rumbles. Every night of the week it gets worse! And no one gets any rest--not even the pet hamster!

How will this family ever get a good night's sleep? Find out in this fun-filled book about snoring.
Published May 1st 2007 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about My Daddy Snores, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Daddy Snores

Naomi
FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS!I grabbed this book more as a joke for my husband, but then chose to review it. The illustrations were just as funny and complimented the story beautifully.
carrie
This book gave me a good chuckle. At our house, it's My Mommy Snores. But Russell occasionally talks in his sleep :)
Taylor
Relatable and funny. Fun illustrations too.
Yomiko
Another book read at Story time! Cute!
Mason & Natalie
I got this book from the library as a jab to my hubby and when I read it to the kids, I couldn't stop laughing! You see, their daddy has sleep apnea and when he doesn't have his machine, he SNORES so loud...I feel for the mom in this story, I really do! AND, weirdness...the little girl in the story, her name is Natalie! Anyhow, it was probably mostly funny to me because I've so been there already...but it got 5 stars!
Elaine
The story is about what a poor family goes through each night, during the week as daddy snores keeping the whole household awake with comical and creative scenarios. In the ending most of the problem gets almost totally resolved... The kids enjoyed this oversized book very much during preschool storytime. I took advantage of providing a short activity about days of the week & everything tied in very well.
Kathleen Ruff
This was such a relatable book for me and it was too cute. It told the story of a little boy and his family that never got sleep because the father always snored. This book could be used in the a lesson about the days of the week and the sequence of events and how to sequence.
Gary Masskin
Highly amusing illustrations in a story which makes light of a potentially serious issue (backed up with some medical notes at the back). The sequencing of the similes seems a little arbitrary and some are less effective than others.
Alyce Dougan
I think everyone who has ever been around anyone who snores can relate to this book. I thought it was a humorous story that could be used with a lesson on sequencing. The book would also be great to read at home.
Jaimi
If you have a daddy in the house that snores, this is a cute and fun book to read. I find myself chuckling through it every time I read it. Oh, how this book relates to my life!
Krystal
Love the illustrations, and the story is just giggle worthy, as my kids will tell you. Its just a good read, and the lengths mom goes to finally get some sleep is fun to watch.
Kayla
This is a very cute story. I know I can definately relate to it! Many children can relate to it as well. It is humorous, and a good book to read for fun.
Janelle Zingaro
So funny! And relatable
Great for reviewing days of the week and introducing metaphors and similes
Reminded me of my Dad
Beverly Kennett
a study in exaggerations about how loud his father snores and where his mother tries to sleep to avoid the noise
Takishia Gabriel
Would be a great book to teach a lesson on sequencing or even the days of the week.
Timothy Cole
Creative, great illustrations, but horrible subject. Daddies don't snore! ;0)
Ruqayya
Ruqayya marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Christina Harper
Christina Harper marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014