Start by marking “Snake Handlin' Man (Rock Band Fights Evil, #2)” as Want to Read:
Snake Handlin' Man (Rock Band Fights Evil, #2)

Snake Handlin' Man (Rock Band Fights Evil #2)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  35 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
The band is eating at a cheap diner with the local club manager, making arrangements for the evening's gig, when they are attacked by a swarm of flying snakes. Adrian, the organ player and wizard, is bitten. Before he puts himself into a magical coma, face turning purple, he warns his band mates that they only have three hours to save him.

Can the band find a cure before Ad
ebook
Published January 14th 2012 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about Snake Handlin' Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snake Handlin' Man

Shelia
Nov 23, 2014 Shelia rated it really liked it
Seriously;
Who looks at a title like "Rock Band Fights Evil" and expects layers of plot and character?
Second volumes can be a let-down, as well.

"Snake Handlin' Man" comes through on the former, and stomps all over the latter, with a music-filled, action-packed story that somehow smoothly melds guns, snakes, biblical lore, Egyptian mythology, and Southern-style tent evangelism, with angst, sacrifice, lasting love & loss, and boobs.

If you liked the first one, this second installment continues t
Julia
Aug 04, 2012 Julia rated it really liked it
The second in the "Rock Band Fights Evil" series started out with a bang, and non-stop action. I was a bit more used to it this time, after having read the first book (novelette?). In fact, I prefer snakes to flies. For some reason, the giant flies in the first book squicked me more than snakes do in this book. (I don't think I'm giving anything away saying this--it's called Snake Handlin' Man, after all!)

Perhaps because the books are short, I had to keep reminding myself that this book had Eddi
James Wymore
Jun 20, 2015 James Wymore rated it it was amazing
The damned band finds themselves wielding the brass serpent of Moses to stop a neo-Egyptian ritual designed to bring about the end of the world. This book reads faster than the first with the same braid of religious themes, historical mythology, and gun-toting awesomeness.
Karen
May 11, 2012 Karen rated it really liked it
Shelves: sf-f
This is the second installment of Rock Band Fights Evil, and for me it was a little difficult to move into the character. I really liked Mike as the focus of the first book, but it took a couple of chapters for me to really feel comfortable in Eddie's head on this round.

There is still the same amount of mayhem and shooting that goes on in the story, and there is definitely a problem for the band to solve. The snake thing even gets a little graphic, but not so much that it overwhelms the story.

St
Nathan Shumate
May 08, 2012 Nathan Shumate rated it it was amazing
A great episode (and it's definitely an episode) in the saga of the road-tripping rock band whose every member is damned or otherwise barred from Heaven. This time out, they run across a side-road snake cult dedicated to bringing back an antisocial Egyptian deity, and there's no choice but to get involved or else one of their number will die of snakebite.
Samuel
Jul 10, 2012 Samuel rated it really liked it
Snake Handlin' Man continues the ramped-up pace of the first Rock Band Fights Evil book but this time with snakes added in the mix. A caduceus that comes alive, the snake god Apep, and a snake cult in the basement of Sears make this a humorous and entertaining ride. A fair warning for my GoodReads friends: this one gets a little saucy.
Kees
Kees marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Brian Palmer
Brian Palmer rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Hayley
Hayley is currently reading it
Jul 14, 2016
Paul Brown
Paul Brown rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
Katherine Gordon
Katherine Gordon rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2016
Lissa
Lissa marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2016
colleen
colleen rated it liked it
Apr 14, 2016
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Amelia
Amelia marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2016
Brandon
Brandon rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2016
Cormon03
Cormon03 rated it liked it
Feb 21, 2016
Joe Allen
Joe Allen rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Polar Bear
Polar Bear marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Scott William Taylor
Scott William Taylor rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Linda Todd
Linda Todd marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Stephanie
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2016
Bear
Bear rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Patrick Waldoch
Patrick Waldoch marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Jonas Eckerman
Jonas Eckerman marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Greg Bullmer
Greg Bullmer is currently reading it
Jul 11, 2016
Matt Rancourt
Matt Rancourt marked it as to-read
Ilya
Ilya marked it as to-read
Arielle
Arielle marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »
D.J. Butler (Dave) is a novelist living in the Rocky Mountain west. His training is in law, and he worked as a securities lawyer at a major international firm and inhouse at two multinational semiconductor manufacturers before taking up writing fiction. He is a lover of language and languages, a guitarist and self-recorder, and a serious reader. He is married to a powerful and clever novelist and ...more
More about D.J. Butler...

Rock Band Fights Evil (7 books)
  • Hellhound on My Trail
  • Crow Jane (Rock Band Fights Evil, #3)
  • Devil Sent the Rain (Rock Band Fights Evil, #4)
  • This World Is Not My Home (Rock Band Fights Evil, #5)
  • The Good Son (Rock Band Fights Evil, #6)
  • Earth Angel (Rock Band Fights Evil, #7)